Asked: May 16, 20232023-05-16T17:29:58+05:30 2023-05-16T17:29:58+05:30In: Social Science
Account for the current environmental crisis.
- explain the greek war of independence
- What was the reaction of the Congress to the Wavell’s plan.
- explain the three challenges of democracy?
- Mention three different ways, how loss of confidence in the Council of Ministers can be displayed by the Lok Sabha?
- Why did European employers find it difficult to recruit labour in Africa ?
- How did Hindu religious texts benefit from printing?
- What was LTTE?
- Why do we need to conserve mineral resources?
- The ovaries A. Begin to develop ova at puberty when acted on by FSH.
- Give some examples where factors other than income are important aspects of our lives.
You must login to add an answer.
Need An Account, Sign Up Here
Environment performs four functions, namely, supplies resources, assimilates wastes, sustains life, and provides aesthetic services. But the rising population of the developing countries, the affluent consumption and production standards of the developing countries, and the industrial revolution have brought the situation of environmental crisis i.e., it all put great pressure on the first two functions of the environment.
Many resources have become extinct and the wastes generated are beyond the absorptive capacity of the environment. The crisis has worsened by the drying up of rivers. Besides, the intensive and extensive extraction of both renewable and non-renewable resources has exhausted some of these vital resources and thus we are compelled to spend huge resources on technology and research to explore new resources.
The situation becomes more worsened with the current issues of global warming and ozone depletion. They also put great strain on the government’s finite financial resources.