LPU University, Punjab
The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is the state agency that has the authority to grant permission for the Civil Services Examination to be held. The exams are held for entry-level positions in Odisha’s various civil services. The Odisha Public Service Commission conducts a variety of tests, including:
- Junior Lecturers in O.E.S.
- Odisha Civil Service Examination
- Odisha Judicial Service Examination
- Odisha Education Services
- Odisha Municipality Administration Service
- Asst. Section Officer
- Tourist Officer
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil & Mechanical)
- Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical)
- Junior Assistant in the Office of OPSC
OPSC Exam Important Highlights
|Exam Name||OPSC Combined Competitive Exam|
|Conducting Body||Odisha Public Service Commission|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Level of Exam||OPCS Prelims Exam, OPCS Mains Exam, and OPCS Personality Test|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in Year|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduation degree required|
|Medium of Paper||English|
OPSC Exam 2022 Important Dates
|OPSC 2022 Exam Events||OPSC 2022 Important Dates|
|Release of OPSC application form||To be announced soon|
|Start of fee submission for OPSC Exam||To be announced soon|
|Release of OPSC Admit Card 2020-21||10 days before the exam date|
|Exam Date of OPSC Exam 2022||To be announced soon|
|Result of OPSC Prelims 2022||To be announced soon|
|Exam Date of OPSC Mains 2022||To be announced soon|
|Release Result of OPSC 2022 Exam||To be announced soon|
|Release of OPSC Call letters||To be announced soon|
|Release of OPSC Interview Dates||To be announced soon|
OPSC 2022 Exam Eligibility Criteria
- He or she must be a citizen of India.
- Age Criteria: Applicants for the OPCS exams must be under the age of 32 and over the age of 21. (as of the 1st of January in the year 2022)
- Check the Age Relaxation according to the Community category:
|Community Category||Age Relaxation|
|S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C / Women / Ex-Serviceman||05 years|
- Bachelor’s Degree: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- Aspirants should be able to read, write, and speak Odia, the regional language.
- He or she must have passed Odia in middle school as a language subject.
- Students must complete their Class-VII education at an Odisha government-approved school or educational institution.
- Applicants must have passed an Odia Middle English School Standard test administered by the Government of Odisha’s School & Mass Education Department,
- Cleared HSC or equivalent exam with Odia as the medium of examination.
OPSC Vacancies and Posts 2021
The names of the posts and the corresponding vacancies released by the Odisha Public Service Commission are listed below. There were a total of 392 vacancies that were rewelased.
|Odisha Administrative Service, Group A (Junior Branch)||137|
|Odisha Police Service, Group A (Junior Branch)||06|
|Odisha Finance Service, Group A (Junior Branch)||104|
|Odisha Co-operative Service (ARCS/AGCS) Group B||08|
|Odisha Revenue Service, Group B||74|
|Odisha Taxation and Accounts Service, Group B||63|
OPSC 2022 Application Form
Orissa Public Service Commission releases the Application form for Orissa civil services commission every year. One can fill the application form in order of a person’s interest in Civil services. Steps for filling out of application form are given below.
- Visit the official website for more information.
- Following that, applicants must click on the link for the most recent notifications.
- Check all of the information in the official notification provided by the OPSC board.
- Begin the process of registering.
- When filling out the application form, make sure to include all of the required information.
- During the application process, upload all required documents in the prescribed format.
- Following that, you must pay the application fees.
- After you’ve finished filling out the form, click the submit button.
- Applicants must pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of INR 500 to sit for these exams.
- Note: The application fee is waived for Odisha’s SC/ST applicants and those with a 40% disability.
OPSC 2022 Salary
|Sr. No.||Post||Pay Scale|
|1||Odisha Administrative Service, Group A post||INR 56,100 at level 12 in the pay matrix|
|2||Odisha Police Service, Group A post||INR 56,100 at level 12 in the pay matrix|
|3||Odisha Finance Service, Group A (Junior Branch)||INR 56,100 at level 12|
|4||Odisha Co-operative Service Group B||INR 44,900 (level 10 in the pay scale)|
|5||Odisha Revenue Service, Group B||INR 44,900 (level 10 in the pay matrix)|
|6||Accounts Service and Odisha Taxation, Group B||INR 44,900 (level 10 in the pay matrix|
|7||Odisha Employment Service||INR 44,900 at level 10 in the pay matrix|
OPSC 2022 Exam Pattern
The Odisha Civil Service Exam 2022 is held in three stages by the OPSC. The pattern of the exam is similar to that of the UPSC Exam.
Stage I – Preliminary exam
There will be two papers in this stage, both of which will be objective type (MCQs).
Paper I- General Studies
Note: The merit list will be made from this paper only.
Paper-II: Paper 2 has 200 marks and includes aptitude questions. Paper 2 will be a qualifying exam, and applicants must score at least 33 percent on it in order for their Paper I to be evaluated.
Note: The Duration for both the papers will be 2 hours.
Mains – Stage II
The mains exam consists of five mandatory and four optional papers (2 Optional Subjects)
|Paper I||Odia Language||300||3|
|Paper III||English Essay||300||3|
|Paper IV||GS I||300||3|
|Paper V||GS II||300||3|
Aspirants must choose two optional subjects from the following list:
|Optional Subject I||Paper I||300||3|
|Optional Subject II||Paper I||300||3|
Stage III: Personality Test
Only those who pass the mains exam will be invited to a round of personality tests and interviews. The personality test carries a 250-point weighting. This round is included to assess applicants’ mental agility, logical skills, critical thinking skills, variety and depth of interest, and, most importantly, their ability to lead and make balanced judgments.
Applicants who pass the Main exam will be invited to an interview by the OPSC’s Board of Examiners. The Interview section is worth 250 marks. This section is included to assess applicants suitability for the job. An interview will be held to assess the following characteristics of the candidates:
- Candidates’ Interest in current affairs
- Critical powers of assimilation
- Mental caliber
- Intellectual qualities
- Mental alertness
- Social traits
- Variety and depth of interest
- Intellectual and moral integrity
The final list of applicants will be compiled based on their overall performance in the Mains examination as well as their personality test results.
Prelims Paper I
- Latest events that are nationally and internationally important.
- Governance, Constitution, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues
- History of India and Indian National Movement, etc.
- General Science
- Economic and Social Development, Poverty, Demography, Development, Initiatives in the Social sector, etc.
- Country’s Social and Economic Geography. Indian and World Geography-Physical.
- Issues related to Biodiversity, Environmental Ecology, Changes in climate, and
- Indian Polity, Political System
Prelims Paper II
- English Language Comprehension Skills (studied till Class X)
- Numeracy (including numbers, orders of magnitude, etc.) studied till class-X level.
- Interpretation of data (through Charts, Data Sufficiency, Graphs, Tables, etc.) of class-X level; and
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Communication skills
- Reasoning and Analytical skills
- Mental Ability
|Odia Language||English Language||General Studies I||General Studies II|
|Marks Expansion of an idea,|
Comprehension of a given passage
Grammar, vocabulary, and usage,
Odia translation from English,
|Comprehension of a given passage, |
Translation from Odia to English,
Grammar, usage, and vocabulary,
Marks Expansion of an idea
|Legal and environmental issues, |
History of Modern India and Indian Culture,
Geography of India,
Current National events, and topics of social relevance
|Developments in the field of communications, science & technology and space|
India and the World
International Affairs & Institutions
Statistical Analysis, Graphs & Diagrams
|Zoology||Mechanical Engineering||Geography||Political Science and International Relation||Indian Language and Literature, (any from Odia, Hindi, Sanskrit, English, Persian, Urdu)|
|Law||Veterinary Science||Physics||Statistics||Engineering (Electrical)|
|Botany||Commerce||Geology||Public Administration||Engineering (Agricultural)|
Optional subjects in the following combinations will not be permitted:
- Odia, Hindi, Persian, Sanskrit, Urdu, English
- Civil Engineering, Agriculture Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering
- Maths and Stats
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Political Science, Public Administration, and International Relations
- Commerce and Accounts, and Management
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Public Administration and Management
- Psychology and Education
OPSC 2022 Admit Card
The OPSC 2022 exam admit card is released a few days before the exam date. The admit card is a mandatory document that must be presented in order to take the exams. The following are the steps to obtain the OPSC admit card:
- Visit the official website for more information (www.opsc.gov.in).
- After that, go to the ‘Hall Ticket’ link and enter your credentials.
- Select ‘Admit Card’ from the drop-down menu.
- Take a photo of the Hall Ticket and print it out.
List of Exam Centres for Prelims Exam
Chandigarh University, Punjab
Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Balasore, and Sambalpur are the five Zonal Centers where the Odisha Civil Services Prelims and Mains exams are held. The name of the zone will be printed on the student’s admit card.
OPSC 2022 Results
OPSC will be releasing the results after the completion of the process of interview. One check it following the below steps.
- Applicants have to visit the OPSC’s official website.
- After that, on the right side of the page, select the ‘Result’ option.
- Submit all pertinent information, including your date of birth, Social Security number, name, and password.
- Then, press the ‘Submit’ button.
- The opened window will display the results.
- You are required to print the PDF for future reference.
Odisha Civil Services Answer Key 2022
On its official website, the OPSC will publishes the answer key for the prelims and mains exams. After the commission adjudicates the objections to the provisional answer keys for the Odisha Civil Services Examination, the final answer key will be made official.
OPSC Exam 2022 FAQs
What are the jobs under OPSC?
The OPSC conducts examinations for a variety of Group A and Group B jobs, including:
- Administrative Service of Odisha
- Police Service of Odisha
- Finance Services in Odisha
- ARCS/AGCS (Odisha Cooperative Service)
- Revenue Department of Odisha
- Taxation and Accounts Service in Odisha
- Employment Service of Odisha
What is the age limit for the OPSC exam?
For the general category, the age limit for the OPSC examination is 21 to 32 years.
Relaxation regarding castes are as follows:
|Community Category||Age Relaxation|
|S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C / Women / Ex-Serviceman||05 years|
How many optional subjects are there in OPSC?
Students must choose two subjects (optional) from a list of subjects that are not required to be taken. In the OPSC Mains exam, there are four papers, two for each optional subject.
How do I clear my OAS exam?
Applicants must first learn about the OAS syllabus and exam format. Prepare a study schedule and stick to it to finish the syllabus in the allotted time. Students must practise and revise using the OPSC OAS mock test after completing the topics.
Will my marking be deducted for the wrong answers in the Civil Services Exam?
Yes, applicants must carefully select the correct option, as each incorrect attempt will result in a 1/4 marks deduction.
What is the way by which the candidates are shortlisted for the next level?
The total number of applicants in each category is often more than 12 times the number of vacancies in that category.
Do I need to have a bachelor’s degree?
Yes, applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a recognised college or university.
What is the exam timing for the OPSC Prelims Exam 2022?
The OPSC prelims timing for exam are as follows:
- General Studies Paper I: 10 AM to 12 Noon
- General Studies Paper II: 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM