The National Institute of Design is a design school in Ahmedabad, INDIA.
The institute functions as an autonomous body under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Government Of India NID is recognized by the Department Of Scientific Industrial And Research under, the government of India, as a scientific and industrial design Research organization.
National Institute of Design offers admissions to aspirants in Bachelor of Design, Graduate Diploma Programme in Design as well as Master of Design programmes on the basis of their performance in NID Design Aptitude Test.
In order to secure admission in design programmes offered at National Institute of Design aspirants need to take part in NID DAT (prelims) and NID DAT (mains).
Only candidates who are shortlisted in NID DAT (prelims) can appear for NID DAT (mains) admission round. NID Entrance Exam Exam Dates 2021.
In this section, you will find everything you need to know regarding NID DAT 2021 such as Application form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Exam Dates, Exam Preparation, Syllabus.
NID DAT 2021 Important Dates
NID Entrance test Dates for candidates for an official category are listed below in the table:
|Online Registration Starts||October 2020|
|Online Registration Closes||November 2020|
|Submission of form with late fee||November 2020|
|Edit Application Form||November 2020|
|DAT Prelims Admit Card release||December 2020|
|DAT Prelims Exam||December 2020|
|Answer key release||February 2021|
|DAT Prelims Result (M.Des)||February 2021|
|DAT Prelims Result (B.Des)||May 2021|
|Rechecking request on DAT prelim||March 2021 (B.Des) & February 2021 (M.Des)|
|DAT (Mains) Admit Card (M.Des)||March 2021|
|DAT (Mains) Admit Card (B.Des)||May 2021|
|DAT Mains Exam (M.Des)||May 2021|
|DAT Mains Exam (B.Des)||May 2021|
|DAT Mains Result||May 2021|
|Counselling Starts||June 2021|
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check complete NID Entrance Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria for UG and PG courses below:
- Nationality: Indian and foreign nationals living overseas can apply.
- Appearing: Applicants appearing in their qualifying exam can also apply provided they submit their proof of passing during admission.
- Age Limit for B.Des/GDPD: The maximum age for applicants applying should be 20 years as on 30 June 2021. ST/SC/OBC candidates will get 3 years of age relaxation while PwD will get 5 years of age relaxation.
- Age Limit for M.Des: Maximum age limit of applicants applying should be 30 years as on 30 June 2021. ST/SC/OBC candidates will get 3 years of age relaxation while PwD will get 5 years of age relaxation.
For B.Des/GDPD Course:
- Educational Qualification: The applicants who have passed or are appearing for 12th level in Science, Commerce, Arts streams, or its equivalent from a recognized board/university can also apply.
- The applicants with a 3 years full-time diploma after their 10th approved by AICTE can also apply.
For M. Des Course:
- Educational Qualification: The applicants applying should have – Bachelors degree of minimum four years/Bachelor’s degree of 3 years in any stream/Full time diploma of minimum 4 years of duration in design/ fine arts/ applied arts/ architecture after 12th level to be eligible.
NID DAT Application Form 2021
Applicants can find all the details regarding NID Entrance Exam 2021:
- NID Entrance Exam 2021 Registration process will start from October 2020.
- The last date to apply for the exam will be in November 2020.
- Applicants should go through the complete eligibility criteria, Before filling the application form.
- The registration process will be completed in many steps – Registration, Filling the Application Form, Uploading of required documents, and making application fee payment.
- Applicants will get the opportunity to make corrections, in case you candidates have made mistakes while filling the application form.
- Applicants are required to take a print out of the application form for further processes after submitting their registration form.
- Applicants who want to pay through DD will need to send the printout of registation form along with DD drawn in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi & send to the below address:
The Project Manager – CMS,
All India Management Association,
Management House, 15, Link Road,
Lajpat Nagar Part 3, New Delhi – 110 024, India.
Mode of Payment: Applicants will be able to pay the application fee via online mode or offline mode.
- In case of online payment, the fee can be paid through credit/debit card or via net banking.
- In case of offline payment, candidates can pay their fee through demand draft in the favor of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at New Delhi.
Check application fee for various categories & courses in the below table:
|Course||Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|B. Des/GPDP||General /OBC-NCL/EWS||2000|
|M. Des||General /OBC||2000 (discipline 1); 4000 (discipline 2)|
|SC/ST/PD||1000 (discipline 1); 2000 (discipline 2)|
|Overseas Candidates||3000 (discipline 1); 6000 (discipline 2)|
NID DAT Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates can check the NID Entrance Exam 2021 exam pattern and marking scheme below:
Pattern for DAT Prelims:
- Exam Mode: The mode in which the exam will be conducted is offline mode.
- Type of Questions: Questions in the paper will be of objective and subjective type.
- Total Marks: The paper will be of total 100 marks.
- Language of the Exam: The entrance exam will be conducted in English
- Duration of Exam: Total time of three hours will be given to complete the test.
- Marking: There will be no negative marking in the entrance exam.
Pattern for DAT Mains:
DAT Mains will be held in two parts:
- Studio Test: The format of DAT Mains Test will different in English. The test will be of a total of 100 marks and candidates will have 3 hours to complete the exam.
- Interviews: Once the studio test has been completed, Interview will be organized for various disciplines.
NID DAT Exam Syllabus 2021
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Syllabus for written test will include various topics such as creativity, comprehension, knowledge and visualization, drawing skills, memory drawing, general mental ability, etc.
For studio test, the syllabus will include various topics such as 3D modeling, body language, observation test, portfolio making, creative thinking, and so on.
NID DAT Exam Preparation Tips 2021
- The candidates need to have a proper study schedule and should have good knowledge of the exam before starting the preparation.
- Applicants should make notes of all the important points, concepts, or formulas at one place.
- The candidates should attempt mock tests to analyze their exam preparation.
- Students should practice previous years’ question papers.
- Candidates should revise all their prepared notes at the end of each day.
- The candidates should study for the test from experts or qualified students recommended test material.
NID DAT Exam Admit Card 2021
From December 2021, NID Entrance Exam Admit Card for prelims will be available online. Students have to enter their login credentials to download admit card for prelims test. Candidates for the DAT Mains exam will access their admit cards for M.Des in the first week of March 2021 and for B.Des on April 2021.
Admit card will contain essential information as to the test date, the candidates’ photograph and signature, and a series of directions to be followed by candidates during the examination.
In order to enter the exam hall, candidates must carry their admit card at the exam center along with photo Id proof.
NID DAT Exam Result 2021
As per their performance, candidates will be awarded ranks too. The outcome of the second stage-mains will be announced in the form of a final result consisting of both the prelims and the mains weighted results. In the case of applicants achieving the same marks, inter-se-merit would be applied in order to break the tie.
- The candidate who will get higher marks in the exam Section B.
- The applicant who will get higher marks in Part A of the Prelims exam in case of an unresolved tie.
- If the tie remains unresolved, then both candidates will be given the same number.
Qualified applicants would have to show up for DAT Mains based on the NID DAT Prelims merit list. The number of shortlisted candidates will be three times the number of seats available in that programme, per category.
After results release, merit list will be prepared for various courses and released online. No candidate will get results through offline mode.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Answer Key
NID DAT 2021 Answer key will be issued after the exam is complete. Students get to know the correct answers to the questions asked in the test through the answer key. The students will be able to know the probable marks secured in the entrance test based on the answer key provided.
NID answer key will give an idea of the students’ performance in the test. Students should also be aware of their qualifying status and thus will be eligible for further entry.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Merit List
Short listed names of candidates qualified the prelims would be released for merits. Candidates that are shortlisted on the merit list will now be eligible for the Mains exam.
Final merit shall be prepared on the basis of the weighting scores obtained at each admission process level. In prelims, a weight of 30 percent is given and a weighting of 70 percent is given for the mains.
NID Entrance Exam 2021 Cut Off
Candidates must score cut off marks in order to apply for the entrance exam and get entry. The NID cut off marks to be scored for various categories are given in the table below:
|Category||Open category||ST/SC/PwD||OBC NCL|
|Qualifying percentile marks||50||40||45|
In case of any query regarding the NID Entrance Exam 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section below.
Answer: Yes, you are eligible as per the officials admission rules.
Answer: Yes, if you belong to any reserve category, then it is necessary to upload.
Answer: The exam will be conducted in various cities across India.
Answer: You can apply for NID 2021 exam through online mode.
Answer: There is no limit to apply in this examination .
Answer: DAT mains is the second stage of admission process. So, it is necessary to appear in both the exams.
Answer: The entrance exam will be organized in the month of December 2021 for prelim.
Answer: The date of the issue of EWS certificate will be somewhere in April 2021 or later.
Answer: Yes, you can apply but make sure it is active.
Answer: Candidates those have paid the application fee through online mode, they do not have to send the hard copy of application form.