The Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam JNUEE is organized to give applicants entry to university-offered undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The JNUEE 2021 examination schedule is published online and entry examinations will be held from October 2021, with two sessions per exam day taking place. A morning shift and an afternoon shift will take place. On September 2021, JNUEE admit cards will be issued online. Applicants will need to access the admit card, which will also include a JNUEE self-declaration form, which must also be transmitted to the JNUEE Examination Centre. The results and cut-offs for JNUEE 2021 will also be published online on Jawaharlal Nehru University’s official website. The JNUEE 2021 outcomes include the marks and percentage secured by the individual.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination (JNUEE) for admissions to different study programs offered at Jawahar Nehru University at all India level. It is an online test based on which admission is made to all of the courses offered by JNU. However, admission in M.Phil. and Ph.D. is done as per performance in the exam and viva-voce. Applicants have to review the course’s basic eligibility to apply for JNUEE and then fill out the online application form. Check this page’s JNUEE 2021 dates, syllabus, exam pattern, and more info.
What is JNUEE?
The Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination (JNUEE) is carried out by Jawaharlal Nehru University for admissions to multiple UG, PG courses. Also, JNUEE is classified as JNUET. JNU is one of India’s most renowned institutions. With higher studies in JNU, Delhi, JNUEE serves as a gateway to discover the world. On the official website, qualifying applicants will fill out the application form online. Candidates are permitted to select three courses of their choosing when filling out the application form for JNUEE. At the time of enrollment, admission to the course will be granted in accordance with the availability of the place of residence and the merit of the applicant in accordance with their choice for the courses given at the time of application. Successful candidates will be issued with JNUEE admit card.
JNUEE 2021 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination|
|Level of Exam||University|
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency|
|Offered Courses||BA (Hons), MA, M.Sc & MCA|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
JNUEE 2021 Important Date
JNUEE 2021 Exam Dates are mentioned below. It will help you to keep track of all the events related to the JNUEE 2021 exam.
|Apply For Admissions 2021 (Open Now)|
|Lovely Professional University, Punjab||Apply Now|
|UPES, Dehradun (Top Petroleum University)||Apply Now|
|GD Goenka University, Gurgaon||Apply Now|
|JNUEE 2021 Important Events||Dates|
|Start date of application form||March 2021|
|Last date of application form||June 2021|
|JNUEE Admit card available for download||September 2021|
|JNU Entrance Exam Date||October 2021|
|JNUEE Exam Date for Candidates who were tested COVID Positive – Iteration 2||October 2021|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||October 2021|
|Objection Window||October 2021|
|Release of Final Answer Key||November 2021|
|JNUEE Result||November 2021|
|Publication of merit list||To be announced|
|Registration for JNU admission||To be announced|
JNUEE 2021 Application Form
Applicants will fill out the JNUEE 2021 online application form. The online application form can be found by candidates on the university’s official website from March 2021. The steps for filling out the JNUEE 2021 application form are given below.
Step 1: JNUEE Registration
- Go to the Jawaharlal Nehru University’s official website.
- Click on “Application Form-Jawaharlal Nehru Entrance Examination for University.”
- By providing information, create your login ID: name, study program, e-mail address, mobile number, nationality, date of birth, and password.
- Applicants will be sent their JNU admissions application number on their registered mobile e-mail ID.
Step 2: Fill details in the JNUEE Application Form
- Login by providing the JNUEE application number and password on the official Jawaharlal Nehru University website.
- Fill in the registration form with the personal, educational and contact information requested.
|Mother’s Name||Father’s Name/ Guardian’s Name||Income|
|Category||State domicile||JNUEE exam centre|
|Address||Academic record||Name and address of the school|
|Name & address of the college (for graduation/post-graduation)||Name of any other entrance exam that the candidate is appearing for||–|
Step 3: Uploading the documents
Applicants must upload their scanned images of the following documents with the application form in the specification referred to above:
|Photograph||20 kb to 50 kb||150 px (width) x 200 px (height)||JPG|
|Signature||10 kb to 20 kb||140 px (width) x 60 px (height)||JPG|
Step 4: Payment of JNUEE Application Fee
- Applicants can pay for the application via debit/credit card/internet banking or SBI bank e-challan.
- For JNUEE 2021, the application fee is non-refundable.
For various programs and categories, the application fee for JNUEE 2021 is different. From the following table, applicants should review the application fee for their preferred programs:
JNUEE Application Fee for M.Phil, M.Tech, M.Sc., M.A:
|1||INR 530||INR 310||INR 110|
|2||INR 800||INR 415||INR 215|
|3||INR 1000||INR 500||INR 300|
JNUEE Application Fee for BA (Hons) & part-time of course:
|1||INR 400||INR 265||INR 65|
|2||INR 575||INR 325||INR 125|
|3||INR 750||INR 380||INR 180|
JNUEE Application Fee for CEED 2021
|Foreign national||INR 2880|
Applicants must take a printout of the confirmation page for future use after submitting the online JNUEE Application Form. Keep the receipt and notice the Reference Number of the Application Form Fee Charge. Applicants must send the JNUEE offline application form to the following address via Speed Post/Registered Post:
Section Officer (Admissions): Room No.28, Administrative Block, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi- 110067.
Important Instructions for JNUEE Application Form
- The signature must be in the handwriting form, and it should be in a fixed box.
- It is important to take a recent uploaded photograph for JNUEE. No cap or fancy goggles should be worn by the applicant in the picture. 80 percent of the face of applicant should be clearly visible in the picture, and the background should be white. If an applicant wears spectacles every day, then the institution allows them to wear in photograph. Applicants must restrain from uploading photographs and polaroids produced by computers. Applications with incorrect submissions will be disqualified, including photographs.
- In no conditions will the form submitted be withdrawn.
- After registered, the email and mobile number will not be changed.
- Applicants can apply only one JNUEE Application Form, which will be cancelled in the event of multiple applications.
- Applicants will have the ability to edit some of the entries for which a special online window will be provided in the JNUEE exam application.
- In the case of a change of name due to marriage, applicants are expected to send appropriate documentation to the review centre.
JNUEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
JNUEE 2021’s eligibility requirements are different for different programs. Applicants must fully comply with all the eligibility requirements for the JNUEE entrance test before filling out the application form. The conditions for eligibility for the 2021 JNUEE exam are set out below:
Nationality: For the test, both Indian and foreign nationals may apply.
Age-Limit: 17 years is the minimum age to appear for the test. There is no upper age limit stated for JNUEE 2021 by the official website.
Academic Qualification For the 1st year of B.A (Hons):
- JNUEE applicants must have completed their 10+2 exam with marks of at least 45 percent.
- JNUEE Applicants who are going to appear for 10+2 may also apply.2021JNUEE applicants must have completed their 10+2 exam with marks of at least 45 percent.
- JNUEE Applicants who are going to appear for 10+2 may also apply.
Academic Qualification for the 2nd year of B.A (Hons):
- JNUEE Applicants must have a qualified first-year bachelor’s degree with at least 45% marks from a recognized university.
M.A’s Academic Qualification:
- JNUEE applicants must have a bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 in either stream with at least 50 percent points.
M.Phil and Ph.D Academic Qualification:
- JNUEE Applicants must have a master’s degree with a minimum of 50 percent marks in the relevant subject.
Academic MCA Qualification:
- JNUEE applicants must have a bachelor’s degree (BCA/B.Tech) with a degree in mathematics or 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks.
M.Sc (Life Science) Academic Qualification:
- JNUEE applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Physical, Biological, or Agricultural Science with a minimum of 55%.
JNUEE 2021 Exam Pattern
JNUEE 2021’s exam pattern is as follows:
Mode of Examination: The examination is carried out in a test format based on a computer (LAN based CBT).
Duration of the Exam: The total duration of the examination is 3 hours.
Type of Questions: MCQ type questions are asked by candidates in the exam.
Total Marks: The total number of marks in the examination is 100.
Total Questions: The exam’s total number of questions is 100, but this may differ from course to course.
|Apply For Admissions 2021 (Open Now)|
|Lovely Professional University, Punjab||Apply Now|
|UPES, Dehradun (Top Petroleum University)||Apply Now|
|GD Goenka University, Gurgaon||Apply Now|
Medium of the Exam: English is the language of the paper. Language courses, however, may have an exception.
Examination Marking Scheme: 1 mark for the correct answer (weightage of each question may vary for the different programme). No negative marking is given for an incorrect answer.
For different programs, JNUEE 2021’s examination pattern is distinct. The JNUEE 2021 detailed examination pattern for different JNU courses is listed in the table below:
|MCA||Multiple choice questions|
80% questions will be from 10+2/Graduate level Mathematics
20% questions will be from General aptitude and reasoning
|M.Sc||Objective type questions|
Part 1 includes questions from Mathematics and Science of 10+2 level
Part 2 includes questions from Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology and Geology of B.Sc level
|M.A||Subjective type questions|
Part 1 will have short answer type of questions
Part 2 will have essay type questions
|B.A (Hons)-Foreign Language||Questions will come from General English, General Knowledge, and basic knowledge on the culture of the foreign language.|
The paper will be set in a respective foreign language.
|M.Tech/Ph.D||Multiple choice questionsQuestions will come from graduate or postgraduate level of Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science|
JNUEE 2021 Syllabus
The JNUEE 2021 syllabus is grouped into the B.A. (Hons.) 1st year, 2nd year, and Master of Arts/M.Phil/Ph.D.
B.A (Hons) 1st-year Syllabus
A commonly used test that will be carried out along with the B.A. is the written entrance for this program. Three-language entry tests: Persian, Arabic, Pushto. The syllabus will cover questions relating to general knowledge, artificial language, short essays related to subjects, etc. The written test will be carried out in English.
B.A (Hons) 2nd-year Syllabus
- Noun, Pronoun, Adjectives, Singular & Plural, Masculine & Feminine, Vowels
- Kinds of Verbs, Verb conjunction
- Formation of sentences
- Composition on different languages
- Introduction to literary personalities
- History Pashto, Persian, Arabic language
- Geo-political regions of language
- Iran, Afgan cultures and civilization
- Speaking and listening skills
- Writing skills
- Reading skills
- Society and culture
Masters of Arts/M.Phil/PhD Syllabus
- History of Arabic culture
- Modern prose and poetry
- Arabic studies in India
- Major Arab and Indian writers
- Advanced Arabic grammar
- General awareness
JNUEE 2021 Preparation Tips
Aspirants can check the JNUEE 2021 examination preparation tips in the steps below.
- Applicants must start preparing for the course with the help of the syllabus provided by the university.
- All applicants need to plan and arrange their study schedules, and they need to find the JNUEE 2021 exam pattern for this.
- Some concepts from the question papers of the previous year should be taken up by the applicants.
- By giving a mock test, they can practice.
- Applicants must focus and prepare accordingly on each and every unit given in the syllabus. They’ve got to give all units equal time.
JNUEE 2021 Important Books
From the table below, aspirants can check the important JNUEE 2021 examination books.
|JNU BA (Hons.) in Foreign Languages Entrance Examination Guide|
|JNU: MA Political Science Entrance Exam Guide|
|JNU MA English Entrance Exam Guide|
|Study Notes Material On Economics Entrance Exam|
JNUEE 2021 Admit Card
Tentative admit cards will be authorized online via the official website for successful registered applicants. Applicants must fill their JNUEE Application Number, Date of Birth, to access the JNUEE Hall Ticket. Applicants are suggested upon downloading to thoroughly examine all the information and to notify the authorities in the event of any inaccuracies. Applicants will have to follow instructions, the examination centre, the information provided, etc. In the event of failure to download the JNUEE admit card, applicants can ask for assistance via NTA facilitated helpline numbers.
Steps to Download JNUEE 2021 Admit Card
The steps for downloading the JNUEE 2021 admit card are shown below:
- Go to the JNU’s official website, ntajnu.nic.in
- Select on the ‘JNUEE 2021 Admit Card’ link.
- Fill your number and date of birth for the application.
- Click on the “Submit” button to submit.
- The JNUEE 2021 admit card will display on the screen of your computer.
- Download the admit card and get a copy of it.
- In the event of any discrepancy, applicants must notify the university immediately in order to avoid problems on the day of the examination.
- Applicants are welcome to send an email to [email protected]
Documents required with JNUEE Admit Card
- Carry a copy of JNUEE 2021 admit card along with one passport size photo to the exam centre
- Authorized valid identification card
- Caste certificate, PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Reach at least two hours before the examination to complete formalities like frisking.
- Do NOT carry any prohibited items
Information mentioned on the admit card
|Name of candidate||Address of examination center|
|Candidate’s father and mother name||Date of examination|
|Candidate’s date of birth||Timing of examination|
|Photograph of candidate||Roll number|
|Signature of candidate||Registration number|
JNUEE 2021 Exam Centres
NTA is to make all necessary preparations to be presented in the exam for the convenience of the applicants. Applicants are needed to pick 3 choices for the exam from the options provided.
In addition, it has been mandatory for MHRD to curate NTA JNUEE Test Practice Centers in remote and rural areas where applicants may seem to be familiar with the CBT format. For this, it is necessary to formulate a distinct registration and roll number.
Applicants can look at the list of JNUEE 2021 exam centers below, as of last year.
JNUEE Test Centres
|AHMEDABAD / GANDHINAGAR||GJ01|
|ALAPPUZHA / CHENGANNUR||KL01|
|ALLAHABAD / PRAYAGRAJ||UP03|
|CHANDIGARH / MOHALI / PANCHKULA||CH01|
|DELHI / NEW DELHI||DL01|
|DHARWAD / HUBBALI (HUBLI)||KK10|
|ERNAKULAM / ANGAMALY/ MOOVATTUPUZHA||KL04|
|HYDERABAD / SECUNDERABAD / RANGA REDDY||TL01|
|ITANAGAR / NAHARLAGUN||AL01|
|KANYAKUMARI / NAGERCOIL||TN06|
|MUMBAI / NAVI MUMBAI||MR16|
|NOIDA/ GREATER NOIDA||UP09|
|PANAJI / MADGAON||GO01|
|PATIALA / FATEHGA RH SAHIB||PB08|
|UDUPI / MANIPAL||KK17|
JNUEE 2021 Answer Key
The NTA will publish the NTA JNU Entrance Examination’s official answer keys. For three days, the recorded responses as attempted by applicants will be shown on the website. It is shown on the website to give students a chance to question the answers provided by NTA which they consider to be incorrect. The issues should be backed by standard evidence and will be acknowledged as processing charges upon successful payment of the amount of Rs.1000/- per question.
JNUEE 2021 Result
The result of the JNU entrance exam will be showcased on the website given the performance of the applicants in the exam. Being that compiled outcome will be revealed within a month after the test. Applicants can go to the link given on this page using the JNUEE 2021 Result link. No requests will be received concerning the re-evaluation/re-checking of the JNUEE outcome.
How to check JNUEE Results?
The steps to verify the outcomes are provided below:
- Visit JNU’s official web site.
- Click “JNU Entrance Examination Results” on the link.
- Choose a study program, the field of study, and application number.
- Find the “Search” button, and click it.
- The results of JNUEE 2021 will show up on the screen of your computer.
- For future procedures, take a printout of your outcome.
For the next round of selection that is viva-voce, applicants who will meet the criteria for the entrance examination will be called, a merit list will be compiled by JNU for applicants of all categories for each study program. After the exams, a cutoff will be published. The following points will reflect on the JNUEE Cutoff:
- Number of applicants to appear
- Difficulty level of questions
- Number of Available Seats
JNUEE 2021 Cut Off
The Jawahar Nehru University specifies a cutoff for enrollment to different programs. In pdf format, the JNUEE cutoff is to be revealed. The JNUEE 2021 cutoff is the lowest possible mark needed for Central University admissions. For each programme, JNUEE’s admission cut-off is unique. For each category, which include General, OBC, SC, ST, PwD and EWS, admission cutoffs are announced by the university.
|Program of Study||General||OBC SC/ST & PH||OBC SC/ST & PH|
|M.Phil/Ph.D, Pre Ph.D/Ph.D/M.Tech/Ph.D/MPH/Ph.D||40%||36%||30%|
|M.A/MCA/M.Sc, B.A (Hons) 1 and 2nd year and part time programs||30%||27%||25%|
JNUEE 2021 Counselling
The final merit list is compiled by JNU after viva-voce. The applicants’ enrollment will be based solely on the final list of merits. The final merit list will be formulated by the JNU on the grounds of the applicants’ achievement in the entrance test and the viva-voce. Registrations for JNU admissions will begin on the date of the application and last until June 2021. Once the JNUEE results are released, the counselling process will be initiated. In more than one round, the counselling will conclude. To learn more about the JNUEE waitlist updates and counselling sessions, regularly check this page often and For each course, the registration and counselling procedure dates will be unique. The submission of the fee will be regarded as a locking of the seat within the given duration.
Documents needed for JNUEE Counselling
On the day of admission, applicants must carry their original documents. Below are the documents that need to be carried with them:
- Mark sheet and certificate of class 12
- Mark sheet and certificate of Graduation (if applicable)
- Mark sheet and certificate of Post graduation (if applicable)
- Caste certificate
- Transfer certificate
- JNUEE 2021 admit card
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar Card
- Sports Certificates (For Sports Quota)
- PwD Certificate (If Required)
- Extra-Curricular Certificates (If Required)
- Character Certificate
- JNU 2021 Score Card
- Anti-ragging Affidavits
Institutes under JNU
- School of Social Sciences (SSS)
- School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
- School of Life Sciences (SLS)
- School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies (SL)
- School of International Studies (SIS)
- School of Environmental Sciences (SES)
- School of Computer & Systems Sciences (SC&SS)
- School of Computational and Integrative Sciences (SC&IS)
- School of Biotechnology (SBT)
- School of Arts & Aesthetics (SAA)
- Centre for the Study of Law & Governance (CLG)
- Centre for Sanskrit Studies (CSS)
- Centre for Nano Sciences (CNS)
- Centre for Molecular Medicine (CMM)
Scholarships offered by JNU
A majority of scholarships are offered by JNU to deserving and economically disadvantaged applicants. Below are a few such scholarships:
Scholarships for Merit-cum-Means:
For qualified and meritorious young people whose parent’s/ guardian’s income does not surpass Rs. 1,00,000/- annually or as may be determined from time to time, a number of Merit-cum-Means scholarships are present. The payment of financial aid shall, from time to time, be governed by the rules in force at the university.
Scholarships from the Ford Foundation:
For M.A. students, a small selection of Ford Foundation Scholarships worth Rs. 700/- per month are obtainable. The School of International Studies Programme. Subject to the provision that at nearly half of them will go to women students, the scholarships will be awarded purely on merit.
Prof. M J K Thavaraj MCM Scholarship:
There are 2 Scholarships worth Rs. 300/- each p.m. and Rs.2000/- as contingency are awarded on merit to M.A.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) has formed National Testing Agency (NTA) as an autonomous independent and self premier testing institution under Society Registration Act, 1860 for organizing effective transparent and international standards exams in order to assess the expertise of candidates for enrollment to premier higher education Below are the main aims of NTA.
- Producing and disseminating data and resources on the standards of education and professional development.
- To undergo research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify and take steps to bridge gaps in knowledge systems.
- Conducting reliable, transparent and international norm exams with a view to assessing the competence of applicants for admittance.
JNUEE 2021 FAQ’S
Does JNU offer postgraduate courses?
Yes. JNU offers access to multiple postgraduate courses offered at the university and its various schools.
I just did my BSc in Biochemistry, am I eligible to pursue MA in Politics?
A applicant is favored to have a bachelor’s degree in political science as a subject, but JNU allows applicants to apply from any profession as long as they have graduated from a recognized university and should have secured at least 55 percent of their graduation.
I am still awaiting my bachelor’s results, can I apply for the JNUEE?
Yes. Applicants can apply for the entrance exam, but before the classes start, the student needs to have all their mark sheets and should provide the certificate.
How to prepare for the JNUEE?
Applicants must thoroughly go through the curriculum, comprehend the pattern of the examination, and then refer to the books and study materials. Solve question papers and tests from the previous year.
Can I write the JNUEE in Hindi?
No. With the exception of the Hindi language paper, the applicant must submit the JNUEE in English only.
What is the duration of the JNUEE?
The duration of the JNUEE is 3 hours.
Does JNU offer students placement?
Yes. By organising interview sessions on and off campus at the end of the academic year, JNU provides student placements and assists students.
Is there an interview in the JNUEE process?
Yes.. An interview will take place. Applicants who meet the criteria for the JNUEE interview will be invited.
What is the Cut off for JNUEE 2021?
After the announcement of the outcome, the JNUEE 2021 cut-off will be published.
What is the Difficulty level of JNUEE 2021?
As per last year ‘s examination session, JNUEE 2021’s level of difficulty is moderate to high.
What is the Selection process through JNUEE 2021?
For the Entrance Examination, applicants must show up. On the basis of performance in the entrance exam, they are selected.
Who will conduct JNUEE 2021?
JNUEE 2021 is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).