JIPMER PG MD/MS is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research which was earlier known as the Ecole De Medicine de Puducherry. After the transfer of Puducherry to the Union Territory of India, it was named the Dhanvantari Medical College. Later the named was changed to JIPMER.
It is one of the renowned medical colleges of the India that offers Post graduation courses in the fields of medical science. Those who wish to become Doctor of Medicine that is, MD or Master of Surgery that is MS can apply in JIPMER after completion of their bachelor degree that is MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
This article is about all the necessary information related to JIPMER. If you are the one who wishes to pursue MD/MS courses, JIPMER has its door open for you.
Read the information about the JIPMER Registration form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria and Result below.
JIPMER PG MD/MS 2020 Important Dates
JIPMER conducts 2 sessions for MD/MS courses. One starts in the month of January and the other starts in the month of July. Below mentioned dates are of both the sessions.
|Events||January Session Dates||July Session Dates|
|Application form Release Date||September 3rd week 2019||March 1st week 2020|
|Application Form Submission Closing Date||October 4th week 2019||April 2nd week 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||November 1st week 2019||May 3rd week 2020|
|Date of Exam||December 1st week 2019||June 1st week 2020|
|Result Announcement||December 2nd week 2019||June 2nd week 2020|
|First Counselling||December 3rd week 2019||June 4th week 2020|
|Second Counselling||January 1st week 2020||July 4th week 2020|
|Third Counselling||January 4th week 2020||August 3rd Week 2020|
|Fourth Counselling||February 4th week 2020||September 4th week 2020|
JIPMER PG MD/MS 2020 Registration Form
The applicants who wish to apply for PG MD/MS Course can fill the form using the guidelines given below:
- The applicants can apply online.
- There is no option for offline application.
- Those who wish to apply for JIPMER PG MD/MS 2020 course must log on the official website of the JIPMER.
- Those applicants who wish to take admission in January session must fill the registration form in the month of September 2019.
- Those who wish to apply for January session can apply in the month of March 2020.
- The applicants must fill the form correctly and clearly.
- In case of wrong information provided by the candidate, the application will be rejected by the authority of JIPMER.
- The applicants must be ready with the scanned copy of all the necessary documents, photo and sign before filling the form.
- These scanned copies of documents must be attached to the registration form.
- The size of the photo is 30X45mm while that of Sign must be 80X35mm.
- After duly filling the registration form, the applicant must submit the registration fee.
- Applicants are requested to check and recheck the details filled in the registration form.
- The applicants must keep a printout copy of the registration form.
JIPMER PG MD/MS 2020 Application Fee
|General/ OBC||1500/- Rs.|
|ST/ SC||1200/- Rs.|
|OPH||No payment required|
*Mode of Payment ONLINE via. Credit Card Debit Card Net Banking
JIPMER PG MD/MS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for PG MD/MS in JIPMER, the applicants must check the eligibility criteria. Below mentioned are all the necessary criteria regarding eligibility of the candidate.
- The applicant must be an Indian.
- The Non-Residential Indians are also eligible to apply.
- He or She must be 20 years or more in age.
- The applicant must have attained MBBS degree from a recognised university or institution.
- The last university/ institution of the applicant must fall under the recognized body of Medical Council of India.
- The applicant must have obtained 55% in MBBS.
- The ST/SC Candidate must have obtained 50% in MBBS.
- The applicant must have obtained 1-year training certificate from a recognised health care centre or hospital.
JIPMER PG MD/MS 2020 Result
- The JIPMER result for January session will be announced in the month of December 2019.
- The result for the July session releases in the month of June 2020.
- The result will be uploaded to the JIPMER official website.
- There is no provision of personal notification or result delivery.
- The applicant can check online by entering their enrollment number and other necessary details.
- The result declared by the JIPMER authority is the final result.
- There is no checking or re-checking allowed.
- The candidates will be selected on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates.
- The NRI Candidates must get minimum 50%, those of General Category or OBC must get 45% in minimum.
- The minimum percentile for ST/SC and OPH is 40%