Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala is now providing an opportunity for unmarried male candidates to join this prestigious institute.
This is a four-year degree course under the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme.
Here we providing the details regarding Application form, Eligibility, Pattern, Dates.
Indian Navy (B.Tech) 2018 Important Dates
|Date of Commencement of online application||2nd week of November|
|Last date for online submission of application||Last week of November|
|Schedule of SSB Interview for shortlisted candidates||Feb-Apr 2019|
|Commence of training||Jul 2019|
Indian Navy (B.Tech) 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Age: To be announced
- Educational Qualification: Applying candidates must have passed the senior secondary examination (10+2) or any equivalent examination from a different educational board. The minimum requirement for applying is to have at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (Clear passed in each of the mentioned subjects i.e PCM) and at least 50% marks in English.
- Eye Sight: Candidate should not be colour/night blind. The vision standards for acceptance for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses.
- Tattoo: As per the guidelines provided on the Join Indian Navy Government website no permanent ink body tattoos are permitted on any part of the body. But certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities by the Government of India.
Indian Navy (B.Tech) 2018 Cost to Company
Note: Cost to company (CTC) is a term for the total salary package of an employee, used in countries such as India and South Africa.
It indicates the total amount of expenses an employer (organization) spends on an employee during one year.
CTC includes Basic Pay, DA, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance.
For a Sub-lieutenant, this would be approx. Rs. 83,448 to Rs. 94,204/- per month.
Indian Navy (B.Tech) 2018 Examination Pattern
There is no written or online exam for the selection of candidates for SSB.
The IHQ and MoD have the right to fix cut off based in JEE (Main) AIR (All India Rank).
Examination centres for shortlisted SSB candidates are Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam from usually FEB-APR every year.
Indian Navy (B.Tech) 2018 Application Form
Candidates are to apply and fill application on the recruitment website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Details are to fill up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
Scanned copies of Date of Birth proof, 10th and 12th Mark-sheet, JEE(Mains) 2017 scorecard and a recent colour photograph are to be uploaded in PDF form.
Indian Navy (B.Tech) 2018 Selection Procedure
- Shortlisted candidates will receive notification about the SSB through E-mail or SMS based on the details provided by them in the application form.
- The SSB interview is basically conducted in two Stages. The intelligence test, Picture Perception test and Group Discussion is the part of Stage 1. Candidates failing to qualify Stage 1 are routed back on the same day. Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview comprise the Stage 2 that lasts for 04 days.
- Candidates who qualify stage 2 undergo Medical Examination (approximately 03-05 days).
- The SSB venue for the interview does not change.
- The application dashboard for shortlisted candidates contains the dates of choice for appearing in the SSB. In case of any change of the SSB, the date is to be addressed to the Call-up Officer of the concerned SSB. If fresh dates for SSB are announced, it will result in slots.
- In respect of any injury sustained by the candidate as a result of tests, no compensation will be paid to him.
- Candidates while appearing for SSB will have to carry a photocopy of the first page of bank passbook or cheque leaf where the name, account No. and IFS Code details are mentioned.
- Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible if appearing for the first time for this Commission on the production of tickets.
After SSB the recommended candidates who are declared medically fit will receive their training at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala depending upon the AIR(All India Ranking) merit & available vacancies.
SSB score makes most of the All India Merit. Induction of the selected candidates as Cadets in different streams of engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, etc.) based on their selection and as per the Naval requirements.
All the Degrees given to cadets after the completion of their four-year B.Tech course are awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru University(JNU).