Indian Institute of Crafts & Design conducts IICD Entrance Test 2021.
Through this entrance test candidates gets an opportunity to get admission to various courses of UG and PG Professional Diploma for 2021 – 2022.
Entrance will be of two parts which evaluate students on the basis of general awareness, Creativity and perception, Material, Colour and conceptual test and interview.
Candidates who would like to pursue their education in IICD can check the eligibility criteria and apply for the same.
In this article, you will find all the information related to IICD Entrance Test 2021 such as eligibility criteria, syllabus, application form, results etc.
ICD Entrance Test 2021 Important Dates
Given below are the information provided according to IICD:
|Application form will be available from||December 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application form||April 2021|
|Allotment of admit card||April 2021|
|Date of entrance exam (Part A)||April 2021|
|Declaration of result||April 2021|
|Short list of candidates for part B||April 2021|
|Date of entrance exam (Part B)||June 2021|
|Declaration of result||June 2021|
IICD Entrance Test 2021 Application Form
The candidates qualifying the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for the exam, in this section, the candidate will find all the details about IICD Entrance Test 2021 Application Form:
- Candidate should read the information carefully before applying
- The application form is available in online mode from March 2021
- The candidate is required to register on the official site before proceeding to fill the application form
- Should submit the application form through online mode
- Candidate should fill all the relevant information that Is mentioned in the application form
- Candidate should pay the application fee before applying
- Without paying the application fee, the candidate will not be able to apply for the examination
- Candidate can pay the application fee by choosing net banking/credit/debit cards.
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference until the admission process is over.
IICD Entrance Test 2021 Application Fee
- Should pay an amount of INR 1,750 for Indian candidates
- NRI candidates – INR 3,500
IICD Entrance Test 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying candidate should check whether they are eligible to apply or not if the applied candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria his application will be rejected.
Following is the information related to Eligibility Criteria for IICD Entrance Test 2021.
4 Year Integrated Bachelors Programme
|Should pass 10+2 or any equivalent from a recognized board
Students who are appearing in the final examination of 10+2 can also apply
5 Year Integrated Masters Programme
|Should pass 10+2 or any equivalent from the recognized board
Students who are appearing in the final examination of 10+2 can also apply
2 Year Masters
|Graduates from Design and Architecture background|
3 Year Masters
IICD Entrance Test 2021 Exam Pattern
In this section, you will find the Exam Pattern of IICD 2021
- Two different tests will be carried out namely General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test and Material, Color & Conceptual Test.
- In total the exam includes 32 questions.
- The IICD-paper medium is English.
- The cumulative marks awarded for the test is 100.
- No negative markings exist in the IICD Entrance Test.
- There will be no specific Question Category.
|Exam Mode||Offline mode (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours for each set|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice Questions and practical creation Based|
|No. of Questions||40 (not fixed)|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
Candidates can check weightage and time duration assigned to each paper in the table below:
|IICD Entrance Exam Paper||Duration||Weightage|
|General Awareness, Creativity & Perception Test||2 Hours (9:30 AM – 11:30 AM)||35%|
|Material, Color & Conceptual Test||2 Hours (12:00 PM – 2:00 PM)||45%|
|Personal Interview Round||3:00 PM onwards||20%|
Courses Offered by IICD
IICD will hold an entrance exam for the program B.Des and M.Des. Candidates should check the tentative seat matrix of the institute’s offered UG and PG programs below.
- B. Des Program Specialisations are:
- Soft Material Application: 25 Seats
- Hard Material Application: 25 Seats
- Fired Material Application: 25 Seats
- Fashion Design: 25 Seats
Duration: 4 years (8 semesters)
- M. Des Program Specialisation are:
- Soft Material Specialisation: 20 Seats
- Hard Material Specialisation: 20 Seats
- Fired Material Specialisation: 20 Seats
Duration: 2 years (4 semesters)
Note: IICD reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of seats in each specialization of UG & PG Professional Diploma Programmes.
IICD Entrance Test 2021 Syllabus
- Candidates who are appearing for the IICD Entrance Test 2021 should have knowledge of the following
- Part A: estimation of sizes and proportion, observation, synthesis, and visual interpretation and general awareness
- Part B: Intelligent use of materials, the realization of a three-dimensional form and skill of handling materials and conceptualization, create solutions based on a plan and strategy, ability to provide multiple solutions, observation, thinking and expanding ideas.
ICD Entrance Test 2021 Admit Card
- After the successful registration of entrance exam, IICD Entrance Test 2021 admit card will be released by the exam conducting body.
- The exam conducting authorities will send the admit card to the registered email IDs.
- Candidate should take the print out of the admit card.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as candidate roll no, category, gender, photograph, exam time, and date etc.
- It is advised to take Identification proof to the examination hall.
- Candidate should show his/her admit card whenever the invigilator asks for it. Without admit card no one will be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Candidate should preserve his/her admit card till the entire admission process gets completed
IICD Entrance Exam 2021 Test Centers
IICD Entrance Exam is an entrance test on a national level. It’s performed across the country in several cities. IICD Entrance Exam 2021 is scheduled to take place in eight towns across India. For reference, the provisional list of centers is tabled below:
Candidates can give preference when filling out the application form for a maximum of 3 cities.
- Before submitting the form, candidates must select their preference for an exam centre.
- After submitting the application form, no modification is possible in the exam city.
- In the case of inadequate candidates in a centre, IICD cancel the examination center venue and candidates will be required to take the exam at the nearest centre. This IICD decision would be deemed final in this regard.
IICD Entrance Test 2021 Results
- After the examination, the exam conducting authority releases the results in online mode.
- Selection of candidates is based on the performance of both the parts of the examination.
- Candidate can check the result in online mode by entering his application number and date of birth.
- Results will also be published on the notice board of the campus.
- Admission offering letter will be sent to the candidates registered email IDs.
IICD 2021 Merit List
IIDC issues the IIDC 2021 Merit List with the names of the preferred candidates in pdf format. IIDC 2021 Merit List is formulated on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test and the interview. Eligible candidates need to stay prepared for the next round of admission. All qualified applicants will receive an acknowledgment of their acceptance via a Letter of Admission, which will be sent to their registered email ID via email. Details concerning the payment of fees at the time of admission, the allocation of Hostel accommodation, and the date, time, and place of commencement of the academic session will be indicated in the letter of admission.
Admission Criteria for Foreign Nationals/ NRI Category
Foreign nationals / NRI candidates seeking admission to IICD must have similar or equivalent qualifications to those necessary for Indian Candidates. Applicants selected in this category would be required to obtain a valid residence permit or student visa for the prescribed duration of the program and/or any other condition required by land law (Government of India). At IICD the instruction language is English and it is required that all aspirants applying for IICD should have a good knowledge of English. Application of the valid IELTS / TOEFL score is needed. If the candidate will be unable to travel to one of India’s centres, the candidate must appear for a skype interview, the date of which the candidates will be notified.
Reservation of Seats
The expected reservation percentages of categories for admission in IICD 2021 are as follows:
Seat Matrix 2021
IICD offers the following curriculum in the Art & Design for Entry 2021-22 UG and PG degree programmes. The seat matrix for different courses is given below-
4 Year Integrated Bachelors Programme (CFPD* + B. Voc)
5 Year Integrated Masters Programme (M. Voc.)
2 Year Masters (M. Voc.)
3 Year Masters (M. Voc.)
*CFPD: Certificate in Foundation Program for Design, Duration: 1 Year
*** Separate list will be declared for successful candidates for 2year / 3 year M. Voc programme. Screening will be done at the time of Interview.
Fees Structure for UG and PG degree programmes
|Particulars||Semester fee For Indian and SAARC Nationals||Semester Fee For other Foreign Nationals / NRI|
|Admission Fee (One time, non-refundable payment)||7,000/||21,000/-|
|Semester Tuition Fee||1,20,000/-||3,60,000/-|
|Studio Fee (Per Semester)||10,000/-||30,000/-|
|Medi-claim Fee (Annual)||700/-*||Overseas Mediclaim|
|IICD Alumni Fund (One time, non-refundable payment)||4,000/-||4,000/-|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||10,000/-||10,000/-|
|Student Activity Fee (Per Semester)||500/-||500/-|
|Exam Fee (Per Semester)||2000/-||2000/-|
|Craft Exposure / Exhibition / Placement Expenses (Per Semester)||10,000/-||10,000/-|
|Semester Hostel Fee||25,000/-|
|Semester Mess Fee||25,000/- including GST|
|Hostel Security Deposit (Refundable)||5,000/-|
- Fees for all categories are the same. The above fee structure applies to students who join from the academic year that starts in July 2021. For a given academic year, there are two semesters.
- If a student fails to pay the fees on or before the due date or does not report to the institute even after three weeks of the start of the calendar session, he / she will be liable for cancellation.
- The Institute reserves the right to revise the fees by giving the students and their parents / guardians prior notice.
- Under point 4 of the Mediclaim, Vidyarthi Mediclaim Rs. 700/- refers to students under the age of 25yrs. Rest, approx. would have to pay. Rs. 1247/- Standard Medicine Policy, or, as per actual rate.
Withdrawl of Admission and Refund Policy for UG and PG Course
Starting from July 2021, the Academic Session 2021-22 for UG and PG degree programs in crafts & design will begin.
Refund policy will apply according to the number of days from the date the academic session commences.
The security amount will be refunded in full at the time the admission is withdrawn.
The Deputy Registrar (Academics), Indian Institute of Crafts & Design (IICD), Jaipur, is to submit a written request for withdrawal of admission. When applying for withdrawal of admission, the candidate will be required to surrender the original fee receipt issued at the time of admission. There would be no request for withdrawal of admission without the original Fee Receipt
IICD 2021 FAQ’S
IICD 2021 application process is expected to start from the fourth week of December 2020 through online mode.
The registration fee payment can be made by online (debit/ credit card/ net banking) or offline (through DD) mode.
No, you can’t make corrections in registration details.
The entrance exam will be conducted in the third week of April 2021.
The entrance test will be held in Pen and paper mode (offline).
No, there is no negative marking in IICD.
In case of any query regarding IICD 2021, you can ask your query in the comments section below.