LPU University, Punjab
IBPS PO 2022 Exam will be organized by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection in the months of October and November 2022. The exam is conducted each year for the aspirants who intend to join banking services as a Probationary Officer (PO). The application forms for IBPS PO 2022 will go live online mode on the official website only.
All the applicants are required to go through the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO 2022 before considering to fill the application form. IBPS PO 2022 will be organized in two phases i.e. IBPS PO Prelims Exam and IBPS PO Mains Exam to be conducted in the months of October and November respectively.
The admit cards for IBPS PO 2022 are expected to be released in the month of September 2022. Final selections would be made on the basis of IBPS PO 2022 Mains Exam scores and Personal Interview round. Aspirants intended to join banking services as Probationary Officer (PO) must appear for IBPS PO.
IBPS PO 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||IBPS PO|
|Full-Form||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer 2022|
|Conducted by||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Duration of Exam||IBPS PO 2022 Prelims Exam: 1 hour|
IBPS PO 2022
Mains Exam: 3 hours 30 minutes
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|IBPS PO Salary||INR 37,360 – INR 38,700 (in-hand salary)|
IBPS PO 2022 Important Dates
All the applicants are required to go through Important Dates of the examination in order to get an idea about the examination schedule and prepare accordingly. The important dates for the IBPS PO are tabulated below:
|Application Process Starts||August 2022|
|Last Date of Application Form filling||August 2022|
|Issuance of IBPS PO Admit Card||September 2022|
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam Date||October 2022|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam Date||November 2022|
|Interview Dates||January 2023|
|Final Provisional Allotment||April 2023|
IBPS PO 2022 Application Form
The application forms for IBPS PO 2022 are likely to be released in August 2022 by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The application form link will be made available on the official website only. Applicants must make sure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria for IBPS PO before considering the applications.
Steps for filling the Application Form for IBPS PO:
- The applicants must visit the official website i.e. ibps.in
- The applicants are required to get themselves registered by entering some basic details.
- Next, the applicants must log in using the registration number and generated password.
- The applicants must enter some personal as well as educational details.
- Upload the digitally scanned images of photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, and handwritten declaration.
- Finally, make the required payment online and don’t forget to take a print out of the application form and payment receipt. The payment can be initiated through Net Banking or Debit/Credit cards.
IBPS PO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must make sure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria for IBPS PO 2022 before filing the applications. The Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO are as follows:
- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognized university
- Applicant should be an Indian National.
- The age of the applicants must be between 20 to 30 years as on July 1, 2022.
- The applicants must possess a valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that certifies that they are a graduate on the day they register for this exam and must reflect the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering for the IBPS Bank PO examination.
- The applicants must have a working knowledge of computer systems for the job as well as to give the IBPS PO exam as it will be conducted in online mode.
- The applicants are expected to have verbal and written proficiency in the official language of the State/UT is desirable. The applicant must be able to read, write and speak the language.
IBPS PO 2022 Admit Card
- The admit cards for IBPS PO 2022 will be made available on the official website.
- Admit cards will not be sent via post to any candidate.
- All the applicants who have successfully applied for the exam along with a payment of registration fee will get admit card for IBPS PO by entering their Registration No/Roll No and Date of Birth/ Password.
- The admit card link will be made available 10-15 days prior to the examination.
- The applicants are informed that they must carry the Admit Card along with one valid ID card.
- The applicants who forget to bring the admit card would not be allowed to attend the examination.
IBPS PO 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for both IBPS PO 2022 Prelims Exam and IBPS PO Mains Exam is different. Both the papers will be available in Hindi as well as English mediums, except for the English section that will be available in English only. Applicants who clear the IBPS PO Prelims Exam will be eligible to appear for IBPS PO Mains Exam.
IBPS PO 2022 Prelims Exam
IBPS PO 2022 Prelims Exam will be conducted in online mode. The exam will be divided into three sections viz. English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability. There will be a total of 100 Multiple Choice Questions in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam and the total duration of the exam will be 1 hour. Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark while there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
|Name of Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
IBPS PO 2022 Mains Exam
IBPS PO 2022 Mains Exam will be divided into four sections viz. English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude. The IBPS PO Mains Exam will also consist of a descriptive paper with a duration of 30 minutes. There will be a total of 155 Multiple Choice Questions & 2 descriptive type questions in the IBPS PO Mains Exam and the total duration of the exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
|Number of Sections (Not by Sequence)||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English and Hindi||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||English and Hindi||35 minutes|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English and Hindi||60 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
IBPS PO 2022 Syllabus
The applicants must have an idea about the Exam Syllabus so that they can prepare the important topics for the exam. The syllabus for IBPS PO 2022 is given below:
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||English Language||General Awareness||Computer knowledge|
|Simplification, Number Series, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Allegations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Work & Time, Time & Distance, Sequence & Series, Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination||Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input-Output, Coding-Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Data sufficiency, Puzzle, Logical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles||Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs, Static GK||Fundamentals of Computer, History of Computer, Internet MS Office, Input-Output devices, Computer Shortcuts|
IBPS PO 2022 Preparation Tips:
- The applicant must prepare a time-table for covering the whole syllabus within time and strictly follow that.
- The applicant should try to solve the “Aptitude Test” Section from different entrance level books.
- Prepare the syllabus from different books covering the syllabus, available in the market.
- The applicant must build a habit of reading daily newspapers/journals to score better in General Awareness.
- The student must solve as many previous year papers, sample papers as possible on a daily basis.
IBPS PO 2022 Results
The results for IBPS PO 2022 will be declared in three phases – Preliminary result, main result, and Final result. IBPS PO Preliminary Result will be released in November 2022, The result for IBPS PO Main will be declared in January 2023 and the final result will be announced in April 2023. The results will be published on the official website.
IBPS PO 2022 Interview
The final round in the selection procedure will be Interview Round that will be conducted offline. It will consist of 100 marks. The Interview Rounds will be conducted by participating and nodal banks in each state. The applicants must obtain a minimum of 40% in the Interview Round (35% for the reserved categories) in order to finally qualify the IBPS PO.
The interview round is generally 15-20 minutes long, where a panel of bank officials ask questions to the applicants related to themselves, the banking sector, current affairs, general awareness, etc. The applicants must be well dressed, confident and carry all required documents to the interview.
IBPS PO 2022 Selection Process
- IBPS PO Selection Process 2022 will consist of three stages – the Preliminary exam, the Main Exam, and the Interview round.
- IBPS PO Preliminary exam will only be conducted to shortlist applicants for the main exam.
- The score for IBPS PO Preliminary exam will not be used in the final merit list.
- All the applicants who will clear the sectional and overall cutoffs for the prelims exam will have to appear in the main exam.
- IBPS PO Main exam consists of an objective and a descriptive paper.
- First, the objective paper will be examined and if the applicant qualifies in this paper, only then their descriptive paper will be examined.
- Next, the applicant needs to clear a personal interview round of 100 marks.
- The qualifying marks for personal interview round will be 40 for General applicants and 35 marks for the reserved applicants.
- The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the applicant’s performances in the main exam and interview only in the ratio of 80:20.
IBPS PO 2020 Cut Offs
The cut-off for IBPS PO 2019-20 Prelims Exam is given below:
|Category||IBPS 2020 PO Cutoff|
The cut-off for IBPS PO 2019-20 Prelims Cutoff (Sectional) is given below:
|Section Name||IBPS PO Cutoff (General/ EWS)||IBPS PO Cutoff (SC/ ST/PWD)|
The cut off for IBPS 2019-20 Mains Exam is given below:
|Category||IBPS PO Cutoff|
The cut-off for IBPS PO 2019-20 Prelims Cutoff (Sectional) is given below:
|Section Name||IBPS PO Cutoff (OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD)||IBPS PO Cutoff (General/ EWS)|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||5.5||7.75|
|General/ Banking and Economics Awareness||5.0||8.0|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||2.50||5.25|
|English Language (Descriptive Paper)||8.75||10|
List of Participating Organizations (Banks)
|Corporation Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||Bank of Baroda||Union Bank of India|
|IDBI Bank||Indian Bank||Canara Bank||Syndicate bank|
|Allahabad Bank||UCO Bank||Central Bank of India||Andhra Bank|
|ECGC||PNB||Bank of Maharashtra||Vijaya Bank|
|Bank of India||Bharatiya Mahila Bank||Dena Bank||United Bank of India|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Punjab & Sind Bank||ECIM Bank|
IBPS PO 2022 FAQs:
How can I apply for IBPS PO?
The application link for IBPS PO will be made available on the official website.
What will be the medium of the exam?
The exam will be conducted in Hindi as well as the English language.
What will be the time duration for the IBPS PO Prelims Exam?
The duration of the IBPS PO Prelims Exam will be 1 hour i.e. 60 minutes.
How many MCQs will be there in IBPS PO Mains Exam?
There will be 155 MCQs in total in the IBPS PO Mains Exam.
What will be the mode of IBPS PO?
The exam will be conducted online.