GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 will be conducted by GLS Institute of Design. Through this exam performance, candidates are allotted a seat in 4 years Bachelor’s programme and 5-year Integrated Masters programme.
Candidates who would like to be a part of GLS Institute of Design can apply after making sure that they are eligible to apply.
In this section, you will find all the information related to GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 such as eligibility criteria, syllabus, application form, results etc.
GLS Institute of Design DAT Overview
|Examination||GLS Institute of Design Dat|
|Exam Full-Form||Gujarat Law Society Institute of Design Dat|
|Type of Exam||UG & PG Exam|
|Level of Exam||State|
|Conducting Authority||GLS University|
|Registration Mode||Online Mode|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 Important Dates
Given below are the information provided according to GLS Institute of Design, the final date to submit the application form will be around April 2022.
|Application form will be available from||May 2022|
|Last Date to Submit Application form||May 2022|
|Date of Entrance Exam||June 2022|
GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form
In this section, the candidate will find all the details about GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form:
- The candidate should read the information carefully before applying.
- The application form will be available in online mode from February 2022
- Candidates can download the application form from the official website
- Candidate should fill all the relevant information that is mentioned in the application form
- Along with the application form, the candidate should attach the scanned copies of their documents and application fee.
- Without paying the application fee, the candidate will not be able to apply for the examination
- As required, applicants must fill in the application form with the details:
- Applicant’s details: Name, DOB, Address, Number, Email ID, Gender.
- Parent’s details: Name, Occupation, Number, Address, Email ID,
- Educational qualifications
- A course that applicant wishes to apply
- Work experience
- It is advised to keep a photocopy of the application form for future reference until the admission process is over.
GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 Application Fee
- Candidates have to deposit the application fee amount Rs 2000/- after filling out the form correctly.
- Candidates may pay the registration fee by cash or DD or cheque (drawn on behalf of GLS Design Institute).
- After filling in all the aforementioned details appropriately, candidates are advised to give all the certified copies of their mark sheets and certificates.
- Once the process has been completed, students must provide their necessary documents along with their duly filled out application form and application fee to the address given below:
GLS Institute of Design, GLS University
GLS Campus, Opp. Law Garden,
Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad-3800006, Gujarat
GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The following details concerning GLS Institute of Design DAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria must be checked by the applicants:
Nationality: Indian candidates are eligible to apply.
Qualification: Candidates who wish to apply have to qualify from a recognised board (State Board / CBSE / CISCE / IB) Higher Secondary (10 + 2) or its equivalent.
Percentage: Applicants in the Higher Secondary must have secured a minimum of 50 percent marks (10 + 2)
Age limit: The authority does not prescribe a specific age limit to apply in the GLS Institute of Design DAT 2022 exam.
GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 Exam Pattern
In this section, you will find the Exam Pattern of GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022
In the examination, the candidate is evaluated on the basis of
- Observation power
- Utilisation of form
- Innovative ways to describe objects/environment
- Drawing skills
- Proportion sense
Candidates are evaluated on the basis of following in an interview
- Career Orientation
- Aptitude for the course
- Overall personality traits
- Overall personal achievements in academics & extra-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude
GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus
The university had not yet published the exam curriculum. We have, however, mentioned some important subjects that will help candidates get better prepared.
|Mood, Theme & Colour Inter-relationship|
|Colour Psychology & Optical Illusions|
|Colour, Pattern & Texture|
|Inspiration & Design Development|
|Elements & Principles of Design|
|Natural & Geometrical Form|
|Innovation in Design|
|Principles of Composition|
|Understanding Light & Shade|
|Developing Themes & Colour Associations|
|Inspiration & Creativity|
|Ornaments & motifs|
|Creative thinking & writing|
|Good Design vs. Bad Design|
|Use of Measurements, Scale & proportions|
|Usage of colour in Compositions|
|Expression & Emotion|
|Graphics & Pictograms|
|Innovation & Creation|
GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card
- After the successful registration of the entrance exam, the GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 admit card will be released by the exam conducting body.
- The candidate will be able to see his/her admit card through online mode from the official website.
- The admit card contains all the basic information such as candidate roll no, category, gender, photograph, exam time and date, etc.
- The candidate should show his/her admit card whenever the invigilator asks for it.
- Without admit card no one will be allowed to enter the examination hall. Candidate should preserve his/her admit card till the entire admission process gets completed
GLS Institute of Design Entrance Exam 2022 Results
- After the examination, the exam conducting authority releases the results in online mode.
- Results will be declared after a few days of the entrance exam.
- Candidate can check the result online from the official website.
- Students will be selected on the basis of the entrance exam and the interaction of the candidate.
- After the entrance exam, a shortlist is prepared for the interaction round.
- Depending upon the performance of the candidate in the interaction round another shortlist is prepared.
- The candidates who perform well in the interaction round will be provided with an offer letter.
- Once the candidates pay the amount, his/her seat will be confirmed.
Courses Offered at GLS Institute of Design
The following courses are available in GLSID under the 4 year Bachelor and 5 year Master’s Programme:
- Apparel & Textile design
- Leather design
- Accessory (gems and jewelry) design
- Graphic design
- Animation design
- Digital film making
- Interior & space design
- Product design
Elective courses offered at GLS Institute of Design
In addition to the main courses mentioned above, applicants who are admitted to the integrated M.Des course must also choose elective subjects.
In the 2nd, 3rd and 4th years, the elective subjects are:
|Paper Published and Paper presented (national and international)|
|Design Education in Schools (primary, secondary)|
|Design related to the codes of conduct/policies|
|Design Personality Study(national and international)/ Personality based Design|
|Indian culture based design|
In the 5th year the elective subjects for Digital film making and interior design courses are:
|Digital Film Making||Interior Design|
|Communication English||Representation and Analysis|
|Writing for Visual Media||Fundamentals of Design (Form Space and Structure)|
|Concept of Story Boarding||Fundamentals of Design (Solid Geometry)|
|Production Design||Graphic Space Representation|
|Basics of Cinematography – I||Technologies & Structure|
|Basics of Documentary Film Making||Innovation in Material & Finishes|
|Introduction to Direction for Television||Interior Design Studios 1|
|Importance of Sound & Sound Special Effects||Space & form studies 1: (space composition, space division)|
|Editing Concepts||Design Drawing : Architectural drawing + free hand drawing|
|Concepts of Post Production & Computer Graphics – I||Design context : Introduction to Ergonomics+ (Workstation Design)|
|Basics of Cinematography – II||Design project : Analysis of space & furniture + (prototype making)|
|Intermediate Practical Film Making||Space & form studies 2: (space composition, space division)|
|Introduction to Direction For Films||Design Project (Green Design)|
|Basics of Cinematography – II||Design context : History of contemporary period|
|Introduction to Media Theory||Design Project (Design of special interiors)|
|Concepts of Post Production & Computer Graphics – II||Design Project ( Design of Outdoor space/furniture)|
|Understanding Advertisement Film Making||Design Project (Design of a Multifunctional Space )|
|Intermediate Documentary Film Making||Design Audit|
|Design Audit||Design Management|
In the 5th year the elective subjects for Apparel design and jwellery design courses are:
|Appreal Design||Jwellery Design|
|Introduction to Fashion||Product Technologies 1&2|
|Drawing for Fashion||Concept and Communication 1&2|
|Fashion Trend Analysis||Hand Drawing Techniques|
|Fashion Drawing 1||Technical Drawing|
|Fashion Drawing 2||Materials Lab|
|Color Concepts for Fashion||Studio Elective|
|Introduction to Costume Design||Dimensions in Art and Design|
|Digital Techniques for the Fashion Business||History of Accessories|
|Color Concepts for Fashion||Jewelry Studio 1&2|
|Fashion Sewing Techniques||Accessories Concept and Development 1&2|
|Product Development 1: Fundamentals of Sketching||Art and Design History & Theory Elective|
|Technical Fashion Portfolio||Studio Elective|
|Construction/Draping/Flat Pattern||Jewelry Studio 3|
|Portfolio for Costume Design||Atelier|
|Thinking It Cutting It||Portfolio|
|Professional Preperation: Methods & Practice||Senior Accessories Concepts|
|Business Luxury||Advanced CAD|
|Design for Corporate||Design Audit|
|Documenting Fashion||Design Management|
|Fashion Journalism||Business of Jewellery Design|
|Fashion Media Practises and Criticism||–|
|Global Contextual Studies||–|
In the 5th year the elective subjects for graphic design and leather fashion courses are:
|Graphic Design||Leather Fashion|
(Lettering & Layouts)
|Design Methods & Proto typing|
|Cinema & Film History / Basics of Moving Images||Pattern Making I|
|Printing & Production Methods||Construction Techniques I|
|Visual Language Simple Design Project -1|
|Inter-Design Studies-Performing Arts/ Plastic Arts/ Folk Arts||Leather Studies & Processes-I|
|Introduction to Computer Graphics for Animation||Surface Development Techniques I|
|Digital Methods – Premier / After Effects / Audition||Elements of Management & Marketing|
|3D Structural Study/ Materials for Communication Medias|
(Production & Prototype)
|Digital Methods -Illustrator Design Drawing 4 – Digital Art||Design Management|
(With Adobe Light room )
|Typography / Calligraphy|
(Type Design & Application)
|History of Design|
|Info-graphics & Way finding Systems|
|Digital Methods – VFX & Motion Graphics|
|Design Project 12 – Story Telling / Story Boarding|
|Making of Small Film|
|Inter-Design Studies-Transportation Graphics|
|Corporate Identity and Branding|
|Mastery in Packaging|
|User Interface Design|
In the 5th year the elective subjects for animation design courses are:
|Introduction to Computer Graphics for Animation|
|Introduction to Computer Graphics for Animation|
|Computer Animation Production|
|Introduction to Animation Principles & Techniques|
|Careers in Animation & VFX|
|Senior Portfolio for Animation & VFX|
|Introduction to Anatomy|
|Visual Effects 2 – Intermediate Digital Compositing|
|Analysis of Form|
|Sketching for Communication|
|236 Digital Photography|
|Producing for Animation & Visual Effects 1|
|Editing for Animation & VFX|
|Clothed Figure Drawing 1|
|Visual Effects 1 – Principles of Compositing|
|Elements of animation: Title design|
|Flash (digital method 3)|
|Project 3: Vector based digital animation|
|Basics of 3D (Maya)|
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2022 Counseling
- Institution will select those candidates who in their exam have scored well.
- Such candidates must be available at the counselling session.
- Other candidates shall be given seats if the applicant fails to attend the session.
- Applicants are asked to carry the below-listed documents together with them for verification purposes at the time of consultation:
- Mark sheet and SSC and HSC certificate.
- Migration certificate
- Admit card
- Category Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- SC / ST / OBC income certificate
- Four passport pictures
- Self-certified copies of all the documents.
GLS Institute of Design DAT 2022 FAQ
How will I get the GLS Institute of Design DAT Admit Card?
The admit card for GLS Institute of Design DAT can be downloaded by the official website.
Is there a difference between Hall Ticket and Admit Card for GLS Institute of Design DAT?
No there is no different in the hall ticket and admit card for GLS Institute of Design DAT.
Where can I report mistakes in my GLS Institute of Design DAT to admit card?
You need to contact the conducting authorities immediately if you find any discrepancies in your GLS Institute of Design DAT admit card.
Can I make the correction even after submitting my GLS Institute of Design DAT application form?
No, the correction period will not be provided to students after the GLS Institute of Design DAT application form process finishes.
The applicants can contact the Institute directly as per the information given below:
GLS Institute of Design
Opp. Law Garden, Ellisbridge,
Ahmedabad – 380006.
Call: +91 79 26440532, 26468513
You can write your inquiries in the comment box below if you have any questions concerning the GLS Design Institute DAT 2022.