Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology (GBPUAT) conducts Pantnagar University entrance exam in order to provide admission to candidates in MCA and UG/ PG Science courses offered by it.
Mentioned below, are all the necessary details you need to know about the GBPUAT 2021 Exam Preparation :
For Undergraduate Programmes:
- Candidate should have cleared his/her major in B.Sc. Agriculture. Candidate should have cleared his/her Intermediate Agriculture/Science with Mathematics or Biology.
- Candidate should have cleared his/her major in B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science /B.Sc. (Food Technology). Candidate should have cleared his/her Intermediate with Science, Mathematics or Biology.
- Candidate should have cleared his/her major inf B. V. Sc. & A.H. Candidate should have cleared his/her Intermediate with Science including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English or equivalent examination. Candidates should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General Category and 47.5% for reserved categories (OBC, SC & ST) in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- For B.Tech Programme – Pass in 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Computer Science/ Biology.
For Master’s Programmes :
- Candidate should have cleared his/her major in Agricultural Economics -B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Fisheries/Forestry/ Horticulture/ Home Sc./Agril. Marketing.
- Major in Agrometeorology – B.Sc. in Agriculture/Forestry/ Horticulture or B.Sc. with Physics as the major subject.
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Agril. Engineering (Farm Machinery & Power Engg.) and Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Clothing & Textiles – B.Sc. Home Science/Home Economics/Family & Community Sciences with Intermediate Science.
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Plant Physiology – B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Zoology, Botany and Chemistry/ Horticulture/ Microbiology with Chemistry/B.Sc. Forestry.
For PhD Programmes :
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Agricultural Economics – M.Sc.Ag. Agril. Economics/Rural Banking & Agril. Eco. or M.Sc. Dairy Economics/Livestock Economics/ Forest Economics.
- Candidates should have cleared their majors in Electrical Engineering – Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engg./Electrical & Electronics Engg. from a recognized University/Institute and Masters’ degree in the field of Electrical Engg. from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Candidates should have cleared their major in Human Nutrition – M.Sc. in Foods & Nutrition/Food Science & Tech./ Nutrition/Nutrition & Dietetics/ Food Science & Nutrition.
- Candidates should have cleared their major in Biochemistry – M.Sc. Ag./M.Sc. in Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology & Biotech./Chemistry/Agril. Chemicals /Foods & Nutrition/ Biophysics/ Biotechnology.
Physics: Physical Measurement, Errors in Measurement, Laws of Motion , Work Energy and Power ,Gravitations , Gravitational Potential Energy , Brownian Motion , Archimedes’ Principle , Ohm’s Law , Atomic Masses , Binding Energy , Nuclear energy , Molecular energies , Rotational and Vibrational , Solids and their Structures ,Semiconductor ,Transistors ,Amperes Law , magnetic dipole Moment , Light Rays , Wavefronts.
Mathematics: Elements of Set Theory, Solution of Simultaneous algebraic equations , Binomial theorem , permutations and Combinations ,Number system , Matrices and Determinates, Multiplication theorems of Probability, Elementary Coordinate Geometry , Straight lines , Circles , Family of Straight Line , Trigonometry Functions , periodic Functions , Trigonometric equations , Elements of Set Theory, Solution of Simultaneous algebraic equations , Binomial theorem , permutations and Combinations ,Number system , Matrices and Determinates, Multiplication theorems of Probability, Elementary Coordinate Geometry , Straight lines , Circles , Family of Straight Line , Trigonometry Functions , periodic Functions , Trigonometric equations , De-Mover’s Theorem , Complex Number.
Chemistry : Basic Element of Chemistry , Concept of an atomic orbital , Aufbau principle, De-Broglie Equations , Adequacy of Bohr’s Model , Hund’s rule ,Periodic Law, Long form of periodic table , Division of Elements into S,P,D & F Blocks , Coordination Compounds Nomenclature , Application of Organometallics , First Law of thermodynamics , Concepts of Internal Energy and enthalpy , Hydrocarbons all element.
Biology: Basic element of Biology , germination , Growth and Development , A brief account of Classifications of Animal Kingdom ,Plant hormones and Vitamins ,Elementary study of Plant Physiology , Environment and Pollution-air ,Ecosystem ,water and soil Community ,Morphology of Root , Anatomy of Root , Stem and Leaf of both monocot and Dicots.
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly and prepare your study time syllabus accordingly.
- Understand the exam pattern and give required concepts and topics the proper time.
- Don’t ignore your doubts and difficult questions and ask for help from your teachers and elders.
- Solve previous year question papers and take online mock tests. Make notes in your own language and try reading them every day before you start studying.
- Ensure a healthy carbohydrate-rich diet and avoid caffeine. Dedicate a little time to exercise to have a fit and active mind and body.
- You can back up your studies with NCERT boos of 10th and 12th class.
- Arihant publications are also a good idea.
Jahanvi Gupta is a content writer at ExamGyani.