A Diploma program, the two-year Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance, is a two-year study in banking and finance. The curriculum is tailored to fulfill the needs of highly trained banking and financial experts. It provides in-depth knowledge and insight to pupils in order to meet the demand for effective intermediate success and popularity. Students applying for a PGD in banking and finance should have a bachelor’s degree from a widely renowned university in the same field or a similar subject.
An admissions test precedes a personal interview and group discussion in the program application process. All of these were official entrance exams, such as the CAT or MAT. On the other hand, some institutions provide merit-based admissions. The admissions process is usually completed by November. The same can be applied in either an online or offline version. The cost of a PGD Banking and Finance program typically ranges from INR 5,000 to INR 4 lacs.
Investment bankers, marketing specialists, financial management staff, financial advisors, and other roles in institutions of economics, banking, and insurance, the Reserve Bank of India, and public entities, among others, are available to eligible students of this degree. The initial salary ranges between INR 3 and INR 7 lacs (approx.).
Course Overview in PGDM in Banking and Finance
The features of the PGDM Banking and Finance curriculum are shown here. The column covers all of the necessary facts for a learner to understand the subject:
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Full-Form||Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance|
|Examination Type||Semester based|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in the same field or any relevant field from a recognized institute|
|Admission Process||Entrance based followed by Personal Interview and Group Discussion|
|Average Course Fee||INR 5,000 – 4 lacs|
|Job Positions||Teacher, Lecturer, Bank Manager, Accountant and much more.|
|Top Recruiters||Colleges, Universities, Banks, Government Organisation, etc.|
|Average Initial Salary||INR 3-7 lacs (approx.)|
What is the Need to Study PGDM in Banking and Finance?
There are a whole variety of reasons why individuals decide to pursue this academic discipline as a profession. Several of the course’s benefits, however, have already been mentioned: this provides students with a specific grasp of the banking and finance industries. It provides students with in-depth knowledge and insight to meet the demand for effective intermediate management skills.
The program introduces banking, its fundamentals, and other issues in financial management. Qualified students can earn lucrative employment at colleges, universities, banks, government agencies, and other institutions. The program also aims to inculcate in students the skills required for client orientation and hands-on application, both of which are crucial for obtaining rewarding careers with very little economic training. The course’s purpose is to improve the banking industry in any country.
Admission Process in PGDM in Banking and Finance
PGD Banking and Finance admissions are the same as for some other courses. Nonetheless, when applying for admissions, there are a few things to keep in mind. The following have been mentioned:
- TKWs BAT, CAT, MAT are some of the entrance exams that take place across the country for admissions to this course.
- The entrance exam is then followed by rounds of personal interviews and group discussions.
- Aspiring students can apply for the course either through an online or offline mode.
- The admission process usually begins in the month of September.
- On successful registration, the candidate might be reached by the college authorities to visit the college in person so as to submit the necessary documents for the further processes.
- After the registrations, the cut-off marks are set up by the college for the entrance tests.
- Only the students who qualify the entrance exam will be offered admission.
PGD in Banking and Finance Eligibility
Matching the eligibility criteria is a prerequisite for admissions to any course or program. The eligibility criteria for PGD Banking and Finance has been mentioned below:
- Enrollment to the PGDM Banking and Finance programme is solely contingent on a student’s success in national level entrance exams.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in the same field or a related field from a recognised institution or college.
- Students must have received a minimum of 55 percent on their undergraduate degree qualifying exam.
- All students who pass the entrance exam and meet the cutoff are eligible for the course.
- Students should also do well in the personal interview and group discussions, since these scores will be added to their written exam scores.
Entrance Exams in PGDM in Banking and Finance
The majority of universities that offer this course accept students based on their ability to pass an entrance exam. The entrance tests are usually at the national level. The following are some fundamental guidelines for students who want to register for the event: Interested students must register on the official website and give the required personal information. Fill out the online application form that is provided. The candidate must only take the exam on the scheduled day.
One month previous to the event, admit cards are distributed. The candidate’s admission exam score, as well as their performance in the personal interview and group discussions, are used to determine the results. Following the release of the results, counseling meetings are provided to help students with the next steps in the admissions process. In most academic institutions, admission to the PGD Banking and Finance program is based on an entrance exam. The following are the most popular exams:
- CAT: The Common Aptitude Test, or CAT, is a mandatory exam for MBA applicants seeking admission to IIMs, FMS, IITs, and other institutions. These scores are, nevertheless, taken into account for admission to the PGD Banking and Finance programme.
- MAT: AIMA administers the Management Aptitude Test for MBA/PGDM admissions. Your scores are also taken into account for admissions to the PGD Banking and Finance programme.
Some important dates have been mentioned below:
|Name of the Exam||Dates|
|CAT 2022||To be Announced|
|MAT 2022||To be Announced|
Entrance Exams Preparation for PGDM Banking and Finance
Individuals who want to pass the entrance tests with the required cutoff marks should begin studying diligently to do so. Students should refer to the following guidelines while sitting and preparing for the admission exams:
- Understand the most recent exam pattern, which will make it easier to attend a course.
- Understand the most recent exam syllabus, which is a requirement for the exam. The curriculum is generally available on the university’s official website.
- Prepare yourself for any questions. Prepare thoroughly to respond to any type of question on the exam.
- Consider reading the newspaper a regular habit to be informed about what’s going on in the world.
- Prepare for the exam by taking mock examinations.
- Analyse all of the planned topics thoroughly till the very last moment.
- Don’t start studying new topics the day before the exam.
Admission Process in PGDM in Banking and Finance?
When you want to get into a top-tier college that offers a PGDM in Banking and Finance, you should start preparing now. The following are some guidelines that must be observed by the students:
- A strong academic background and good grades on the bachelor qualifying exam were required for admission to a good college.
- They must have received a minimum of 55 percent on their undergraduate qualifying exam.
- Students must begin studying for the entrance exam a year before to the exam’s scheduled date.
- As once student has cleared the cut-off marks, they must prepare for the personal interview and group discussion rounds.
- Locate out if the college you want to attend is a suitable fit for you.
- Get an understanding of the college’s placement opportunities, which is a must in today’s world.
- Make sure to look over the college’s fee structure to see whether it meets your needs.
Syllabus PGDM in Banking and Finance
After being admitted into the PGD in Banking and Finance program, students must study the subjects listed below. The subjects that undergraduates will have to study while completing this program are listed in the table below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Financial Management|
|Management Accounting||Management Information System and Technology in Banking|
|Managerial Economics||Leadership and Personality Development|
|Banking and Financial System of India||Banking and Finance of the World|
|Banking Services Marketing||Research Methodology & Statistical Methods|
|Regulations and Laws in Banking||Markets and Finance Institutes|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Capital Market||Macro Economics|
|Accounting System and Financial Analysis||Micro Financing|
|Management of Bank||Risk Management|
|Security Analysis and Portfolio Management||Rural and Co-operative Banking|
|Bank Lending Policies and Procedures||Project|
|Project and Infrastructure Financing||–|
One of the most important aspects of any course of study is the books. There are numerous great books about banking and finance available. The names of some of the most often recommended novels by students are shown below, alongside their authors’ names.:
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Banking and Finance||Arun Arora|
|A dictionary of Finance and Banking by Oxford||Jonathon Law|
|Money Banking, International Trade & Public Finance||Dr. M.L. Seth|
|Financial Management Essentials You Always Wanted to Know||Kalpesh Ashar|
Best Colleges in PGDM Banking and Finance
The following is a complete list of the best colleges that currently offer the PGD Banking and Finance curriculum:
|Name of the Institute||Area of Location||Average Course Fee|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University||Pune||INR 5,850|
|Manipal University||Manipal||INR 4 lacs (approx.)|
|Marathwada Mitra Mandal College of Commerce||Pune||INR 10,500|
|Institute of Banking and Finance||Delhi||INR 2,25,000|
|NMIMS University||Mumbai||INR 41,500|
|Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University||Hyderabad||INR 32,000|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance||Pune||INR 50,000|
|Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning||Pune||INR 30,000|
|Integral Institute of Advanced Management||Visakhapatnam||INR 1,60,000|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management||Mumbai||INR 8,98,000|
Career Scope in PGDM Banking and Finance
The financial and banking industry is expanding at an extraordinary speed, as is the requirement for individuals who have completed this program. In terms of work, an expert in their profession has a wide range of options available to them. Because of the rising need for this profession, it is a land of opportunity for professionals to spend their valuable subject knowledge in it. The sector of banking and finance in India is rapidly expanding, necessitating the hiring of specialists such as bank managers, accountants, investment bankers, and financial analysts. They have the option of working in the private sector in addition to government jobs.
Individuals can apply for jobs at the Reserve Bank of India, NMIMS University, the Income Tax Department, banks, and government institutions, among other places. These professions’ starting salaries typically vary from INR 3-7 lacs (approx.). The study’s goal is to reform any country’s financial sector. As a result, it can be inferred that pursuing a profession in banking and finance will never go out of style, as it has been one of India’s most in-demand degrees in recent years.
Job Profile in PGDM Banking and Finance
Students of the program would be able to find fulfilling positions in the financial and banking sectors. This program will teach you all there is to know about banking and finance. Students who excel in this discipline will have appealing job possibilities because it is a career-oriented degree. Participants’ logical, critical, and verbal skills, as well as their self-development, result in the improvement of the training. Following completing the course, students can apply for jobs as teachers, lecturers, bank managers, accountants, fund consultants, financial counselors, and so on.
Professionals will work for prestigious institutions like the Reserve Bank of India, NMIMS University, the Income Tax Department, banks, and government agencies, among others. The average salary for these jobs normally ranges between INR 3 and INR 7 lacs (approx.).
These are several and quite popular roles and responsibilities among the experts in this course. They can, however, pursue multiple occupational paths within the same sector.
|Job Profiles||Job Description||Average Salary|
|Financial Manager||A Financial Manager’s job includes overseeing all financial activities within a company or organization.||INR 4-7 lacs (approx.)|
|Teacher/ Lecturer||Professionals teach in reputable colleges or universities in order to pass on their knowledge of the subject to the students enrolled in that program.||INR 3-6 lacs (approx.)|
|Accountant||They are the people who are in charge of preparing and checking an organization’s financial records.||INR 5-7 lacs (approx.)|
|Bank Manager||They are in charge of and work on all of a bank’s vital activities. They even handle all of a bank’s events.||INR 5-7 lacs (approx.)|
FAQ’s in PGDM Banking and Finance
Teacher, lecturer, bank manager, accountant, financial manager, financial analyst, and other job profiles are among the most common.
Qualified students can find rich jobs in places like colleges, universities, banks, government agencies, and so on.
The banking and finance industry is expanding at an unprecedented rate, as is the demand for professionals who have completed this program. In terms of work, a specialist in their profession has a wide range of options available to them. This demonstrates that it is a decent path to select.
Financial Management, Management Information Systems and Technology in Banking, Security Analysis and Portfolio Management, Rural and Cooperative Banking, and other topics are among the most essential topics covered in the course.
A bachelor’s degree in the same field or any similar topic from a recognized institute is the basic eligibility condition for PGDM Banking and Finance.