Master of Business Administration in Hospitality Management, abbreviated as MBA in Hospitality Management is a full-time 2-year postgraduate degree program. The programme is divided into two semesters and is designed to prepare professionals for various roles in the Hospitality and Management Industry.
Hospitality Management Courses eligibility is to obtain a bachelor’s degree in any relevant area from a recognised college or university, with a minimum aggregate score of 50 per cent. Some of the major all-India Hospitality Management entrance exams are XAT, NMAT, etc. followed by Personal Interview and Group Discussions.
Alliance University, NIMS University, Chandigarh University, LPU Jalandhar, and other top hospitality management colleges in India provide the education. These courses have an average course fee structure that spans from INR 2,50,000 to INR 16,00,000.
The MBA Hospitality Management programme prepares students for careers in a variety of industries, including airlines, hotels and resorts, catering, exhibitions, tourism services, and entertainment. According to Glassdoor, the average first-month income for freshers in Hospitality Management in India is INR 21,139.
MBA in Hospitality Management: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Master of Business Administration – Hospitality Management|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized University|
|Admission Process||Merit and Entrance based|
|Entrance Exams||CAT, GMAT, CMAT, etc|
|Average Course Fee||INR 30,000 to INR 5,00,000 per annum|
|Average Salary||INR 1,00,000 per annum for freshers with 0 years of experience.|
|Job Positions||Cabin Crew, Manager, Hospitality Executive, etc.|
|Higher Study Options||PhD or MPhil|
What is MBA in Hospitality Management?
- A Master of Business Administration in Hospitality Management is a two-year postgraduate degree.
- Academic components like internships and theses, which require a student to study for a longer amount of time, have an impact on the course’s duration and cost.
- It’s a degree that teaches students the fundamentals of business while also allowing them to specialise in the service and tourist industries.
- Students can expect to grasp business basics while also earning valuable experience and competence in areas such as front and back of house management.
Why Study for an MBA in Hospitality Management?
- Graduates of an MBA in Hospitality are prepared for management and other upper-level roles in the international hospitality, tourist, and service industries.
- To better prepare for their intended career, students can specialise and get experience in management, business development, marketing, and other essential areas.
- The advantage a Master’s degree provides in the job search is one of the most frequently touted perks. Graduates with advanced degrees have an advantage in the job market.
When to do an MBA in Hospitality Management?
Because the MBA Hospitality Management Course is a master’s degree programme, you must have a bachelor’s degree in any relevant discipline to be eligible.
MBA in Hospitality Management Admission Process
Admission to the course is normally determined by a candidate’s performance on an entrance exam. In most cases, colleges and universities calculate a cumulative score based on the candidate’s test score as well as his or her performance in the group discussion and personal interview rounds.
A step-by-step summary of the admissions procedure is provided here.
- Step 1: Applicants must apply to the colleges or universities they are interested in.
- Step 2 – Candidates must also register for the admission examinations that they will need to pass in order to be admitted to their preferred college. CAT, XAT, NMAT, MAT, SNAP, and CMAT are some of the most common entrance tests for admission to the degree.
- Step 3 – The admissions process usually begins in August or September. By the end of October, practically all entrance exams will have online forms available.
- Step 4 – To be considered for future admission rounds, you must score higher than the college or university’s minimum qualifying percentage. Step 5 – Following the written test, special group discussions and personal interviews are held in order to compile a final merit list of individuals who have been shortlisted.
- Step 6 – After all of the tests have been completed, the colleges or universities will announce the results and publish a merit list of candidates who have been shortlisted based on the written test, group discussion, and personal interview.
- Step 7 – Following the admissions process, the final allotment of seats to candidates occurs, and the candidate must pay the course fee and register for the academic year in question.
MBA in Hospitality Management Eligibility Criteria
Students who are interested in taking this course must meet the following requirements.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution or university in any relevant field.
- To be qualified for this course, they must have a minimum of 50% aggregate in their graduation level.
- Many elite institutions additionally need a minimum of one year of relevant work experience. Despite the fact that it is not required, practically every college prefers it.
- Candidates must have passed the CAT, MAT, SNAP, XAT, NMAT, GMAT, or other MBA entrance exams with a valid score.
MBA in Hospitality Management Entrance Exams
The following are some of the most generally approved admission exams for an MBA in Hospitality Management, along with the exam method and dates:
MBA Hospitality Management Cutoff
After the admissions process is done, the cutoff for various hospitality management programmes is announced. The cutoff for MBA hotel management admission is determined by a number of factors, including the difficulty of the paper and the number of applicants.
MBA Hospitality Management Specializations
One of the first courses in hospitality and management is the MBA in Hospitality Management. Some of the specialities that fall under the MBA in Hospitality Management are listed below:
Hospitality Business Administration
- If you’re interested in the business side of hospitality and want to be a general manager, executive, or even an independent business owner, this specialisation is for you.
- In business administration, you’ll acquire the full spectrum of skills and information needed to run a firm, including finance, accounting, human resources, innovation, and management best practices.
- With hospitality occupations and industries in mind, business administration will be tackled as part of a hospitality degree.
Luxury Brand Management
- This specialisation will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the luxury industry’s trends, segments, brands, and customer behaviour.
- Luxury brand management is offered as a specialisation within general hospitality management programmes as well as as a stand-alone degree.
- Event management is a popular concentration provided as part of many hospitality degrees and is a suitable choice for anyone interested in a career in the exciting and varied world of event management, operations, and marketing in the hotel industry.
- You’ll receive a complete grasp of how the events business operates, as well as explore a number of difficulties that event professionals are currently facing and practise applying what you’ve learned to real-world scenarios.
- If you wish to work in travel and tourism as a manager (for example, in the cruise sector), you might consider specialising in tourist management during your education.
- Tourism strategy and development, destination marketing, operating systems, and corporate social responsibility are all covered.
- You’ll look at a number of current concerns and challenges in the tourist sector, as well as how to apply theoretical knowledge to real-world case studies.
- This speciality could lead to a range of interesting hospitality jobs, including hotel management, travel firms, and regional/national organisations.
MBA Hospitality Management Syllabus
The MBA in Hospitality Management is a two-year programme. Each year is divided into two semesters.
The course includes a variety of projects, quizzes, and presentations. Some institutions require students to participate in a related internship while enrolled in the course.
The following is the course’s year-by-year syllabus:
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Organizational Behaviour||Tourism Issues and Strategies|
|Food and Beverage Management||Hospitality Law|
|Communication Skills||Workshop on Executive Communication|
|Personality Development||Marketing Management|
|Accommodation Management||Industrial Exposure Training|
|Food Science and Dietetics Management||Hospitality Marketing and Sales|
|Event Management||Event Marketing Concepts and Analysis|
|Principles of Practices and Management||Management Institute System|
Top MBA Hospitality Management Colleges in India
Students who have passed their undergraduate examinations in any relevant discipline from a recognised college or university can enrol in MBA Hospitality Management programmes at a variety of universities across the country.
The following are some of the best universities that offer MBA Hospitality Management programmes, as well as the entrance examinations that are accepted and the typical course fee:
|College Name||Entrance Exam Accepted||Average Course Fee|
|Alliance University||CAT||INR 6,25,000|
|Lovely Professional University||LPUNEST||INR 3,04,000|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth University||BVP BMAT||INR 2,25,000|
|Amity University||CAT||INR 3,40,000|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science||CAT||INR 2,53,000|
|NIMS University||CAT||INR 60,000|
|Prestige Institute of Management and Research||CMAT||INR 1,19,500|
|Chandigarh University||CUCET||INR 1,80,000|
|Kanpur Institute of Technology||CAT||INR 80,000|
Skills Required in MBA Hospitality Management
The following are some of the most important talents to have in the Hospitality Management area, both when studying and when looking for a job:
|Analytical and problem-solving skills||Market research skills|
|IT skills to effectively collect, analyze and present information||Written communication skills|
|The ability to work well both independently and as a team||Strong knowledge of the Hospitality Industry|
|Organizational skills||Attention to detail|
|Excellent interpersonal skills||Understanding of relevant international and cultural contexts|
MBA Hospitality Management Fee Structure
Top Hospitality Management colleges in India offer the course at varying fee structures. The fees for MBA in Hospitality Management vary widely depending on the institute. Fees in most public institutes ranges from Rs. 3.5 – 6 lakhs and in most private institutes it falls between Rs. 5 – 12 lakhs. Some colleges also grant scholarships based on their terms and conditions.
MBA in Hospitality Management Scope
A Master of Business Administration or MBA in Hospitality Management has grown in popularity among students in recent years. This course is being pursued by an increasing number of students. The fact that students with a background in commerce as well as students with a background in science and the arts are applying for this course demonstrates its popularity among students.
- MBA Hospitality Management graduates work in a variety of industries, including travel agencies, colleges and universities, entrepreneurship, hotels and resorts, food craft institutes, airports, the hospitality industry, and airlines, among others.
- Hotel Business Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Hospital Administration Manager, Sales Manager, Key Accounts Manager, Operations Manager, and Finance Manager are some of the major career profiles available to such graduates.
- The course provides students with a variety of professional options. Students have the option of working at high-end hotels and resorts.
- They can even start their own hotel or hospitality companies.
|Jet Airways||The Oberoi|
|The Claridges||The Leela|
Top Job Profiles
|Job Profile||Job Description|
|Food & Beverage Manager||The manager is responsible for the overall functioning of the restaurant. Some daily tasks of such professionals include hiring staff, daily record tracking, maintaining workplace discipline, looking after the kitchen safety rules, and meeting the quality standards.|
|Finance Manager||These are responsible for the day-to-day financial activities taking place in the hotel or restaurant. These professionals draft financial reports and look after the accounts. They analyze and lookout for ways to improve the profits of the business.|
|Restaurant Manager||The restaurant manager hires, trains, and supervises various activities happening around the workplace. He plans the budget and menus that suit the taste of its customers. He also makes sure that all the hygiene standards of the restaurant are being followed by the employees.|
|Casino Manager||A Casino Manager looks after the overall functioning of the casino. He plans and directs all the gaming operations taking place in the casino.|
|Travel Agent||A Travel Agent helps in booking transportation and accommodation for travel enthusiasts. They plan entertainment activities for individuals, groups, and families who wish to go travelling. They might also give valuable suggestions regarding destinations, hotels, sports, etc.|
MBA Hospitality Management Salary in India
In India, the average income for MBA Hospitality Management employees ranges from INR 1,50,000 to INR 20,00,000. Salary ranges for these applicants are listed below, based on specialisation and experience in the sector.
Specialization Wise Salary
|Specialization||Average Annual Salary|
|Food & Beverage Manager||INR 5,00,000 – INR 7,00,000|
|Finance Manager||INR 3,00,000 – INR 4,00,000|
|Restaurant Manager||INR 6,00,000 – INR 7,00,000|
|Casino Manager||INR 4,00,000 – INR 5,00,000|
|Travel Agent||INR 2,00,000 – INR 5,00,000|
|Executive Chef||INR 4,00,000 – INR 9,00,000|
|Front Office Supervisor||INR 2,00,000 – INR 3,00,000|
|Housekeeping Manager||INR 1,50,000 – INR 3,00,000|
|Revenue Manager||INR 5,00,000 – INR 20,00,000|
|Guest Service Associate||INR 1,50,000 – INR 3,50,000|
|Catering Sales Manager||INR 2,50,000 – INR 10,00,000|
Experience Wise Salary
|Experience||Average Annual Salary|
|Entry-level||INR 1,20,000 – INR 2,00,000|
|Mid-level||INR 3,00,000 – INR 5,00,000|
|Senior-level||Less than or equal to INR 5,00,000|
Benefits of Studying MBA Hospitality Management
Students can also study various specialties in this field. As the demand for hospitality has become more prevalent, many establishments such as hotels and restaurants are flourishing. Students can take up various studies in this field to get into the fast-paced world of hospitality and dining out. This industry has become more prevalent as people become more focused on parties and eating out.
This program prepares graduates for positions in the hospitality industry. This program provides students with the necessary skills and experience to prepare for their chosen career. One of the most common benefits of a Master’s degree is its competitive advantage.
MBA in Hospitality Management FAQs
Ans. Students interested in pursuing an MBA in Hospitality Management must have a bachelor’s degree in any relevant discipline from a recognised college or university, with a minimum grade point average of 50%.
Ans. In India, the average tuition fee paid by schools or universities for this programme ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 20,00,000. The fees for private and government institutions are different.
Ans. NIMS University, Chandigarh University, Amity University, and other leading Hospitality Management institutes in India provide the education.
Ans. Hotel Business Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Hospital Administration Manager, Sales Manager, Key Accounts Manager, Operations Manager, and Finance Manager are some of the jobs available to MBA (Hospitality Management) graduates.
Ans. Yes, the MBA Hospitality Management programme is also available online or by correspondence. Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam University, Jagannath University, Don Bosco University Global Center for Open and Distance Education, Bharathiar University, and Suresh Gyan Vihar University are some of the leading colleges that offer this education online.
Ans. CAT, XAT, NMAT, MAT, SNAP, CMAT, and other key all-India management entrance tests are used to shortlist students for admission to the degree.
Ans. Yes, most colleges have either postponed or are holding these rounds online.
Ans. This course’s fresh graduates can expect to earn between INR 3,00,000 and INR 5,00,000 per year.