Solar and Alternative Energy BTech is a four-year undergraduate programme in renewable energy. This curriculum covers advanced material physics, solar thermal engineering, biofuel cell technology, and solar power technology, among other topics. After completing 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, BTech Solar and Alternate Energy programmes can be followed. Students must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 60% in 10+2. Entrance examinations are frequently used to determine admissions, which are then followed by counseling or individual interviews.
Amity University, Noida International University, and other major universities provide BTech Solar and Alternate Energy programmes. The typical annual fee is roughly INR 1.5–3 lakh per year, which is higher than comparable B.Tech programs. Students can pursue employment as solar power engineers, solar PV designers, electrical engineers, research and development engineers, monitoring and field testing engineers, and so on after finishing the program. The average annual pay is projected to be between INR 3 and 4 lakh.
BTech Solar and Alternate Energy graduates can work in the bioenergy, photovoltaic, wind power, and hydropower industries, among other fields. They can also pursue higher education by enrolling in courses such as M.Tech/ME in the relevant sector.
What is the procedure for applying?
- For approval of the registration form, go to the university/official institution’s website or the preferred institution’s office.
- Fill in the blanks with your basic information.
- Create a new username and password and log in.
- Complete the registration form with all of the required information.
- Scan and submit documents such as transcripts, certificates, and legitimate admissions test results.
- In the situation of an offline registration, enclose papers such as a copy of the marksheets, a certificate, and a scoresheet with the registration form and mail it to the actual address.
- Check the specifics.
- The registration cost must be paid.
- Keep a copy of the completed form and the fee receipt for future reference.
Eligibility for BTech Solar and Alternate Energy
The following are the minimal entrance requirements:
- A minimum cumulative score of 40% to 50% in 10+2 examination from a recognised board is required.
- Aspirants from the SC/ST category are eligible for a 5% reduction in their overall score.
- Students who are awaiting the results of their senior secondary examinations are also eligible to apply.
A Course Overview for BTech Solar and Alternate Energy
|Full-Form||Bachelors of Technology in Solar and Alternate Energy|
|Level of Study||Undergraduate|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exams|
|Entrance Exams||JEE-Main, AMITY JEE, etc|
|Average Course Fee||INR 1.5 – 3 lakh per annum|
|Average Salary||INR 3 – 4 lakh per annum|
|Job Options||Solar Power Engineer, Solar PV Designer, Electrical Engineer, Research and Development Engineer, Monitoring & Field Testing Engineer, etc.|
|Areas of Employment||Bio-energy industry, Photovoltaic Industry, Wind Power industry, Hydropower industry, etc|
What is it about the course for BTech Solar and Alternate Energy?
B.Tech in Solar and Alternative Energy is a three-year degree programme provided by renewable energy-focused universities and institutions. This programme is open to those who have finished 10+ 2 or equivalent education in the science stream. This is a brand-new course that focuses on the advancement of renewable energy sources. The course provides students with sufficient guidance on the usage and integration of renewable energy sources. Solar and other renewable energy sources such as wind, rain, tides, waves, and geothermal gas are highlighted.
Candidates enrolled in the B.Tech in Solar and Alternative Energy programme will receive proper training in the usage and production of alternative energy. Solar and other renewable energy sources such as wind, rain, waves, tides, and geothermal heat are at the heart of it. This necessitates a thorough understanding of advanced material physics, solar thermal engineering, biofuel cell technology, and solar power technology, among other subjects. A degree similar to this is the B.Tech in Solar and Alternative Energy.
Why should you pursue a BTech in Solar and Alternative Energy?
The following are some of the benefits of pursuing a B.Tech in Solar and Alternative Energy:
- By encouraging green technologies and giving alternative energy options to enterprises, students of this degree would will lead the way for economic growth.
- They can undertake additional study and build green energy alternatives to current energy conservation measures in order to use them as a dependable form of energy.
- By introducing unique and modern technology, they may lower their carbon impact and support environmental development.
- Since the globe is looking for ways to be more sustainable, the need for such specialists is growing.
The Best Entrance Exams for B.Tech in Solar and Alternative Energy
The Amity JEE admissions test is the sole significant exam for admission to B.Tech in Solar and Alternative Energy.
Amity Joint Entrance Examination (Amity JEE) is a Computer Based Test (CBT) administered by Pearson VUE (for Amity) for enrollment in B.Tech programmes at Amity College campuses in Ranchi, Raipur, Patna, Noida, Mumbai, Lucknow, Kolkata, Jaipur, Gwalior, Gurgaon (Manesar), Greater Noida, and Dubai.
All of the exams are going to be multiple-choice (MCQs).
- Total number of questions: 90.
- Physics – 25 questions, Chemistry – 25, Mathematics – 25 questions and English – 15 questions.
- Physics – 25 questions, Chemistry – 25, Biology – 25 questions and English – 15 questions.
- Duration of the Test: 2 Hours
- For each correct response, the candidate will get 4 marks. For each incorrect response, one mark will be deducted from the total score.
Noida International University (All India Engineering Scholarship-cum-admission test): Noida International University awards fellowships to deserving individuals through scholarship/admission examinations. Because it is a pen-and-paper examination, students can undertake it anywhere in India at their leisure. This exam is 90 minutes long and contains multiple-choice questions. The examination is divided into four sections: PCB+General Knowledge, PCM+General Knowledge, and PCM+General Knowledge.
Best Colleges for BTech Solar and Alternate Energy
|Institute Name||Average Fee|
|Amity University, Noida||INR 3,56,000|
|Noida International University||INR 1,50,000|
|UPES, Dehradun||INR 3,43,500|
|Agriculture Engineering College and Research Institute, Kumular||INR 85,200|
|Sharda University, Noida||INR 1,63,770|
|Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agriculture University||INR 1,42,000|
Syllabus for BTech Solar and Alternate Energy
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||Engineering Mechanics|
|Introduction to Environmental Studies||Introduction to Computers and Programming in C|
|Applied Mathematics- I||Applied mathematics – II|
|Engineering Chemistry||Engineering Physics|
|Technical Communication – I||Technical Communication – II|
|Engineering Graphics Lab||Workshop Practices|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Basic Electronics Engineering||Basic Simulation Lab|
|Object-Oriented Programming using C++||Advanced Material Science: Theory and Applications|
|Basic Thermal Engineering and Statistical Methods||Physics of Solids|
|Basics of Semiconductors||Renewable Energy Lab – I|
|Elements of Biochemistry||Semiconductor Device Fabrication Technology|
|Applied Mathematics – III||Solar Cell Engineering|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Hydrogen as Future Energy Source||Energy Storage Systems|
|Materials Characterization Energy Source||Hydrogen as Future Energy Source|
|Materials Characterization Techniques||Employability Skills for Solar PV Power Plant|
|Electronics circuits for Renewable Energy Systems||BioFuel Cell Engineering|
|Energy, Ecology, and Environment||Renewable Energy Lab – II|
|Solar Thermal Engineering Processes – I||Solar Cell Engineering – II|
|Wind Energy Engineering: Power Generation Using Wind Turbines||Solar Power Systems Engineering|
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
|Advanced Techniques for Material Characterization||Advanced Techniques for Material Characterization|
|Design and Simulation of Solar Cells||Energy Concepts in Green Buildings|
|Energy Management Related to Renewable Energy Sources||Hydrogen as Future Energy Source|
|Solar Panels and Grid Integration||Major Project|
|Industry Internship||Rooftop Solar PV Plant and Entrepreneurship|
Career Scope for B.Tech in Solar and Alternative Energy
Specialized skills such as the implementation of energy technologies, nuclear power, and energy storage are in high demand, which means that green, standard, and renewable electricity engineers will have more work opportunities. The following are some of the companies that hire energy engineers:
- Bio-energy industry
- Photovoltaic industry
- Wind power industry
- Hydro power industry
Solar Energy Engineer
Solar Photovoltaic Designer
Research and Development Engineer
Power Plant Engineer
Monitoring & On Field Testing Engineer
Legal Frameworks Expert
Public Regulatory Expert
Future Scope After BTech: Solar and Alternate Energy
Students have the choice of working or continuing their education after completing the programme. Both of the conditions are listed below:
- Jobs – Students will be knowledgeable in the area of sustainable power, and their skills in areas such as clean energy applications, nuclear power, and carbon capture and storage will be in high demand. Graduates with these skills and knowledge can work in the bioenergy, photovoltaic, wind power, and hydropower industries, among others.
- Higher Studies: – Students can enroll in postgraduate programmes. More programs are offered to them in M.Tech/ME in Solar and Alternative Energy, M.Tech/ ME in Renewable Energy, and M.Tech/ME in Energy Engineering, and more programs are offered to them. If they desire to get into management, they can enroll in MBA programmes.
- Government Jobs – The majority of government occupations require a high school diploma. Students can study for civil service exams as well as other government jobs.
FAQs for Solar and Alternate Energy
Solar Power Engineer, Solar PV Designer, Electrical Engineer, Research and Development Engineer, Monitoring & Field Testing Engineer, and other careers are available after completing a B.Tech in Solar and Alternate Energy.
It is well worth the investment for individuals who want to pursue a job in the area of energy or renewable energy and contribute to the transition to sustainability.
They will be able to find work wherever there is a demand for electricity. All industries are looking for more environmentally friendly solutions to lessen their impact on the planet. The bio-energy business, photovoltaic industry, wind power industry, hydropower sector, and others are among the sectors where they can be employed.
Absolutely, there is a market for students with a BTech in Solar and Alternative Energy. Climate change and global warming are largely due to the energy industry. However, it has a significant effect on jobs. It has a negative impact on the environment, but it is so important that it cannot be avoided. To conserve the environment, a cleaner, cheaper, and more dependable source of energy is required. Because fossil fuels will no longer be utilized for energy in a hundred years, there will be a huge market for specialists who can create renewable energy solutions.