WBJEE 2022 exam will going to be conducted on 23 April 2022. WBJEE stands for West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam. WBJEE is conducted every year. The examination is a common entrance examination organised for admission in several Undergraduate courses.
The WBJEE is governed by a special board that conducts other Joint Entrance Exams.
WBJEE is a state-level common entrance exam. After qualifying WBJEE, the aspirant can get admission in Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture UG courses.
The aspirants get admission in government as well as private colleges of engineering in West Bengal after qualifying WBJEE.
This article consists of all the necessary information about the Application, Important Dates, Syllabus, Result. The aspirants appearing the WBJEE 2022 must read the article below to find out these details about the exam.
Application Correction has been started. Required Candidates can proceed with the Same.
The exam date for WBJEE 2022 has been announced. The exam is going to be conducted on 23rd April 2022. Registration dates are over now.
Keep checking the Official Website for the latest update.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
WBJEE 2022 Overview
|Exam Full Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Also Known as||WBJEE|
|Conducted Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Purpose||Admissions to various B.Tech courses|
|Mode of Examination||Pen and Paper Mode (Offline) Mode|
|Total Papers||Paper 1 – Mathematics Paper 2 – Physics and Chemistry (combined)|
|Duration of Examination||Paper 1 – 2 Hours Paper 2 – 2 Hours|
|Total Questions||155 Questions|
|Total Exam centres||219 centres|
|Mode of Registration||Online Mode|
|Participating Institutes||116 Institutes|
|Total Seats||Through WBJEE – 30207|
Through JEE Main – 2804
WBJEE 2022 Important Dates
In this section, we will provide the details regarding WEBJEE 2022 Important Dates:
|Notification Release WBJEE 2022||24th December 2021|
|Online Application Release Date||24th December 2021|
|Online Application Close Date||10th January 2022|
|Last date of correction of certificate and document upload||11th to 13th January 2022|
|Admit card release||18 April 2022|
|Exam date||23rd April 2022|
Paper I (Mathematics): 11 am to 1 pm
Paper II (Physics & Chemistry): 2 pm to 4 pm
|WBJEE 2022 Answer Key Provisional Release||May 2022|
|WBJEE 2022 Answer Key Final||May 2022|
|WBJEE 2022 Result||May 2022|
|Seat Allotment Counselling 1||June 2022|
|Seat Allotment Counselling 2||June 2022|
|Seat Allotment Counselling 3||July 2022|
|Final Admission||July 2022|
WBJEE 2022 Application Form
For the WBJEE 2022 application form, candidates can check the details provided below:
- The WBJEE 2022 application process will start in the third week of December 2021.
- Candidates are required to follow various process steps – registration, application form filling, uploading images (as per format and size), fee payment, and confirmation page printing.
- To fill out the form, candidates must have registered with their valid mobile number & email id.
- Rejection will result in multiple applications filed by individual applicants.
- Candidates should take care of the details of the application. When the authority opens the correction window, Candidates can also make corrections in case of incorrect data.
- Before applying for the form, Candidates should check the eligibility details. For further use, the candidates must safely keep the printed confirmation page.
Howto Fill WBJEE 2022 Application Form (Step by Step)
Step 1: Registration
First of all, by entering their names, birth dates, gender, parent name, identity proof details and more, the applicants must register. The applicants must also create a password.
Step 2: Filling of WBJEE Application Form 2022
After finishing registration, the applicant has to provide their personal, academic, and category information.
Step 3: Uploading of Scanned Documents
In this step, the applicants are expected to upload and submit their photograph and signature according to the guidelines provided by the conducting body. The specifications are as follows:
|Photograph||Jpeg/jpg||3 kb to 100 kb||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||Jpeg/jpg||3 kb to 30 kb||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
Step 4: Fee Payment
Applicants are required to pay the requisite fee via online mode, i.e. net banking/credit card/debit card.
Step 5: Print Out Confirmation Page
Candidates have to download and print the generated confirmation page for future reference.
- General/EWS : INR 700
- SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B : INR 500
WBJEE 2022 Application Form Correction Window
The correction window will tentatively open until January 2022 last week. An application form can be amended or edited by the candidates who have submitted and paid the registration fee.
NOTE: No change to all primary registration information will be applicable, including name, father name, mother name, gender, date of birth.
WBJEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
In the following section, please check the WBJEE eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit of the applicant should be 17 years as of 31 December 2021. Applicants must have been born on or before 31 December 2004.
- Upper Age Limit: no other courses have an upper age limit. For marine engineering, the upper age limit is 25 years as of December 31, 2021.
Qualification Eligibility (For Engineering):
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants should have qualified 10+2 level or its equivalent examination approved by the Central Government or State Government concerned.
- Qualifying Percentage & Subjects: Students in the 12th level must have qualified with Physics & Mathematics as mandatory subjects and any candidate from the Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application securing 45% marks (40% marks for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD categories) in the qualifying subjects.
- English: The applicants should have qualified English at 10+2 level with a minimum of 30% marks.
Qualification Eligibility (For Pharmacy):
- Qualifying Exam: Applicants should have qualified 12th standard or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Percentage & Subjects: Applicants should have qualified 12th class with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects & any 1 of the subjects among – Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biology, Computer Science & Computer Application. Marks required for qualification should be 45% marks (General) & 40% marks for reserved applicants.
- English Subject: Candidates needs to qualify English subject in 10+2 class with 30% marks.
WBJEE 2022 Exam Pattern
Know the WBJEE 2022 exam pattern in section below:
- Mode of Exam: The test is conducted via OMR Sheet (offline mode).
- Type of Questions: It will contain multiple-choice questions with four options against each question.
- Papers: The test is divided into two papers, i.e. Paper I Math and Paper-II Physics & Chemistry.
- Shift: The test will take place in two shifts — the morning shift & afternoon shift.
- Answering Mode: Candidates are required to use blue/black ballpoint pen to answer the questions.
Students can check the number of questions and marks in the below-given table:
|Subjects||Category I||Category II||Category III||Total Questions||Total Marks|
WBJEE 2022 Marking Scheme
The examination pattern includes three categories of questions with marking schemes as listed below:
|Categories||Number of correct options||Marks per question||Negative marking|
|Category 1||One only||1||-0.25 marks|
|Category 2||One only||2||-0.5 marks|
|Category 3||One or more||2||0 marks|
WBJEE 2022 Syllabus
The WBJEE 2022 MCQs will be based entirely on class 11 and class 12 syllabuses of physics, chemistry and mathematics. The following are important mathematics, physics and chemistry topics:
|Maths topics||Physics topics||Chemistry topics|
|A.P, G.P, H.P||The physical world, measurements, units and dimensions||Atoms, molecules, chemical arithmetic|
|Complex Numbers||Kinematics||Atomic structure|
|Polynomial Equations||Law of motion, Centre of Mass, Friction, Gravitation.||Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry|
|Permutation and Combination||Thermodynamics, viscosity, kinetics||The periodic table and chemical families|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction||Oscillations and waves||Chemical bonding and molecular structure|
|Binomial theorem||Electrostatics||Coordination compounds|
|Matrices||Current Electricity||Chemical energetics and chemical dynamics|
|Sets, Relations and Mapping||Magnetic effect of current||Physical chemistry|
|Statistics and Probability||Magnetics||Environmental chemistry|
|Trigonometry||Electromagnetic induction and Alternating current||Chemistry of carbon compounds|
|Coordinate Geometry – 2D and 3D||Electromagnetic waves||Aromatic compounds|
|Calculus||Optics||Introduction to Bio-molecule|
WBJEE 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates can follow the instructions given below to do well in the exam and qualify the exam:
- Candidates need to select good study materials online or offline before they commence any preparation for the test.
- Understand the specifics of the curriculum and the entrance exam pattern.
- To learn what the exam is, level of difficulty, and other patterns, solve sample papers and past papers.
- Start preparing and fully comprehend the tactic for the examination.
- Get your friends/teachers/internet short notes or prepare them for the exam yourself.
- By routine practice, you will prepare well for the test.
WBJEE 2022 Recommended Books
Several well-known books are on the market for WBJEE 2022, but the curriculum for WBJEE is purely based on the West Bengal State Board’s class 11 and class 12 curriculum. The main source to start preparing the textbooks specified in the school curriculum should therefore be the reference.
In addition, the following books can be consulted for candidates who want to refer to additional information other than the prescribed material:
|WBJEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering – Physics and Chemistry||MTG Editorial Board|
|WBJEE Engineering Solved Paper 2022||Arihant Experts|
|18 Years JEE Main Chapter-Wise Solved Papers (2019 – 2002)||Disha|
|WBJEE Chapterwise Explorer Engineering – Mathematics||MTG Editorial Board|
WBJEE 2022 Answer Key
The WBJEE response key consists of the correct answers to all the questions asked during the entrance exam. By comparing their answers with correct ones, the applicants could calculate their likely scores with the answer key WBJEE 2022.
- Right after the examination at wbjeeb.nic.in, the Board releases the answer keys.
- The answer keys will be available in PDF format and online.
- By logging in via your credentials (registration number and password), students can download or challenge the WBJEE answer keys.
- For applicants to contest the answer keys, INR 500 per question must be paid by the net banking, debit card, or credit card.
- WBJEE Answer Sheets will also be made available on the official site with scanned images.
- WBJEEB will freeze the published answer keys and decisions on answers after evaluating the challenges. Their judgment is the last and can no longer be discussed.
WBJEE 2022 Result/Rank Card
WBJEE Results will be released on the official website in the form of a rank card. You can download the results using your application number and password. In each paper, WBJEE Rank Cards have all the relevant ranks, total score, qualifying status and component scores.
Every exam taker will be issued rank cards, but only qualified candidates will be awarded the rank. Rank cards are required in the process of counselling and admission so they must be kept safely.
How to Check WBJEE 2022 Result
- Visit the official website of WBJEE 2022.
- Find and click on the result/rank card link.
- Applicants will have to provide their WBJEE 2022 application number and password.
- Click on the Submit option.
- The result will be visible on the screen.
- Applicants can download the result in the form of a rank card and print it out.
WBJEE 2022 Merit List
On the basis of documents and marks scored by applicants, WBJEEB publishes two separate merit lists:
- General Merit List: GMR is produced on the basis of the combined scores both in paper 1 and in paper 2.
- All Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy courses will be admitted on the basis of General Merit List only, in Jadavpur University.
- Pharmacy merit list: Entirely based on paper 2- physics and chemistry results.
- All pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University are granted admission based on the Pharmacy Merit List.
- Applicants in Paper 1 and Paper 2 shall receive both GMR and PMR, while applicants in Paper 2 only receive PMR.
- Moreover, WBJEEB releases for SC, ST, and OBC categories of individual reserved category-merit positions.
- The seat allocation and admission will be based on GMR and PMR and not on category ranks.
WBJEE 2022 Cutoff
In order to have greater chances of enrollment to the participating institutes, the cutoff of the WBJEE will consist of the minimum ranks that applicants will have to secure. The officials will take into account numerous factors attributed to the entrance test during the preparation of the cutoff, such as level of difficulty, number of candidates, trends in cutoff from the previous year and more. It should be noted that the WBJEE 2022 cutoff will vary according to the applicants’ chosen course, institution and category.
|WBJEE Marks||WBJEE Rank|
|Marks > 213||Ranks < 10|
|212 to 200||11-50|
|199 to 188||51 — 200|
|187 to 175||201 — 600|
|174 to 163||601 — 1000|
|162 to 150||1001 — 2500|
|149 to 138||2501 — 4000|
|137 to 125||4001 — 6000|
|124 to 100||6001 — 10000|
|99 to 75||10001 — 16000|
|74 to 63||16001 — 25000|
|62 to 50||25001 — 35000|
|< 50||> 35000|
WBJEE 2022 Reservation of Seats
For the specified categories, reserved seats are available according to the standards of the institution or the state of West Bengal concerned.
Seats are reserved according to the category of the applicant.
The reserved seats are eligible for students belonging to SC / ST / OBC-A / OBC-B / PwD and West Bengal domicile.
Below are the reservation rules applicable to various WBJEE participating colleges:
|Institution Name||Rules for Reservation|
|State University/ University Departments||Concerned University rules|
|Government colleges||Reservation Rules of Government of West Bengal|
|Private Universities||As decided by the authority of the concerned institution.|
For PwD applicants with 40 to 70 percent reservation is available in the following categories:
- Locomotor Disability
- Visual Impairment
- Hearing Impairment
- Speech and language disability
- In the Government Engineering Colleges across various branches, total 13 seats are reserved.
- The applicants are required to apply by their Zila Sainik Board, Home, West Bengal government, Writers’ Buildings, Kolkata- 700001, West Bengal (for former servicemen) and Soldiers’ Units respectively.
- The total income for families is expected to exceed INR 2.5 lakhs per year and the exemption from the tuition fee is important.
WBJEE 2022 Counselling
For JEE Main and WBJEE qualified candidates, WBJEE 2022 counselling is offered separately. The details necessary to finish the registration procedure must be provided during registration. The Rs. 500 fee for advice must also be paid by online mode, i.e. net bank/credit card/debit card, respectively.
That being said, rank holders of WBJEE 2022 will not have to pay the counselling fee. The applicants must select the desired choices and institutions. The applicants are encouraged to fill as many choices as possible during the counselling. All selected options should be in the order of preference.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Print out of WBJEE 2022 Rank Card
- WBJEE 2022 Admit Card
- Receipt of Counselling Registration Fee
- Seat Allotment Letter
- 10th Standard Qualifying Examination Admit Card
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
List of Courses offered through WBJEE 2022
|APM||APPAREL & PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT|
|EIE||APPLIED ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING/ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING|
|CRM||CERAMIC ENGINERING AND TECHNOLOGY|
|CVE||CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING|
|CSS||COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING(CYBER SECURITY)|
|CSD||COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING(DATA ANALYSIS)|
|CSE||COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING/COMPUTER SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|CSBS||COMPUTER SCIENCE & BUSINESS SYSTEMS|
|EEE||ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING|
|ECE||ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING/ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING|
|ECI||ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING(INDUSTRY INTEGRATED)|
|FTB||FOOD TECHNOLOGY AND BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING|
|ICE||INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL ENGINEERING|
|IEE||INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING/INSTRUMENTATION & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING|
|JFT||JUTE & FIBRE TECHNOLOGY|
|MRE||MARINE ENGINEERING/MARINE TECHNOLOGY|
|MEA||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING(AUTOMOBILE MANUFACTURING)|
|OPE||OPTICS & OPTOELECTRONICS|
|PST||POLYMER SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY|
|PWE||POWER ENGINEERING/POWER PLANT ENGINEERING|
|PNT||PRINTING ENGINEERING/PRINTING TECHNOLOGY|
How to Contact WBJEE?
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City,
WBJEE Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in
WBJEE 2022 FAQs
How can I get a WBJEE 2022 application?
On the official website you can apply for WBJEE 2022 only via online mode. No form is available in printed form.
Can I submit more than one registration form?
NO, multiple applications can lead to a rejection.
Is it important that I have an email id and my own mobile number?
YES, all future interactions are to be made by registered mobile number and e-mail ID so that applicants are required have registered e-mail ID and mobile number.
How is the seat allocation procedure going to be carried out?
Qualified applicants will be asked to participate in WBJEE 2022 counselling through registration and selection of courses and colleges. Seat allocation will be made according to the merit, preferences and seat availability. The applicants would have to authenticate their documents and pay the balance fee in order to confirm enrollment.
What will the result of WBJEE 2022 be?
WBJEE 2022 results are available in online mode consisting of overall scores as well as ranks and other details.
Is it based on the pen and the paper?
Yes. WBJEE 2022 will take place as a pen and paper exam. The examination will take 4 hours. The applicants must try Paper 1 (Mathematics) and Paper 2 (Chemistry and Physics).
Will the admit card be published online?
Yes. The applicants can access the WBJEE 2022 admit card online.
How can I change my information?
In the event of any inaccuracy, you will receive a message or e-mail from the authority in which case it must be immediately corrected within one day. Basic information such as Name, Birth Date, Name of Father, Name of Mother can not be changed once filled out and submitted.
I didn’t show up for the WBJEE 2022, but for JEE mains I appeared, can I be admitted to classes?
Yes, JEE Mains applicants must pay a Rs 500/- registration fee once their payment is successfully completed, the confirmation page can be downloaded.
What is the examination duration?
The total length of the WBJEE examination is 4 hours. The examination consists of 2 papers, Physics and Chemistry (Paper II) for 2 more hours, Mathematics (Paper I). Both papers are performed on one day.
Is there a negative mark in the examination?
Yes,1/4th marks will be reduced in categories I&II for incorrect answers but there are no negative marks in category III.
What are the various categories of WBJEE questions?
The question paper consists of three different categories, one mark is Category I, and two marks each are Category II & III.
Which topics should I have passed for WBJEE 2022 in 10 + 2?
Applicants must have passed a 10-2 (or equivalent) physics and mathematics examination together with one of the core subject of chemistry / biotechnology / computer science / computer application / technical professional subject. They should have scored individual pass marks in all these subjects.
If you have any further questions about WBJEE 2022, you can post your queries in the comments section below.