VITEEE 2024 exam pattern and its official notification will be soon released by the VIT Vellore. The exam pattern is available in online mode for the registered candidates. The VITEEE exam pattern comprises important details of the exam such as mode, time duration, type, sections, the maximum number of questions, marking scheme, and many more. The VITEEE exam pattern will be helpful for the candidates in their preparation as the exam pattern will provide complete and important information about the entrance exam. As per the new update. the authorities have made few changes in VITEEE 2024 Exam Pattern last year. Therefore, the Candidates should prepare and follow the study plan according to the VITEEE 2024 syllabus. They must note that the VITEEE exam is will be held in the computer-based mode. Scroll down the article to read more about VITEEE Exam Pattern.
Table of Contents
VITEEE 2024 Exam Pattern Overview
Here we have discussed the complete overview of the VITEEE 2024 exam pattern in the following table:
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Time Limit||2 hour 30 minutes|
|Number of sections||5|
|Total Number of Question||125|
|Maximum Number of Marks||125|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.|
VITEEE 2024 Exam Pattern
Here in this article, we have discussed the detailed VITEEE 2024 Exam Pattern for admission into various UG engineering programs in several VIT campuses. Therefore, all the eligible candidates are advised to book their slots within the given time limit, or on the basis of information available in the application form, the University will book the slots for the candidates.
- Mode of Exam: The mode of exam for the entrance test is online CBT mode which will be held in three sessions per day.
- Question Type: There will be a multiple-choice question in the exam paper
- The medium of Exam: The exam will be conducted in the English language.
- Subjects: Physics, Mathematics/Biology, Chemistry, English & Aptitude Section are the subjects from where the questions will be asked.
- Time Limit: The total time limit for the exam will be of 2 hours 30 minutes. The exam will be held in three shifts, i.e. First session – 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM, the Second session – 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM, and the Third session – from 4:00 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Total Number of questions: There will be a total of 125 questions asked in the entrance exam. Maths or Biology (40 questions), Chemistry (35 questions), Physics (35 questions), English (5 questions), and Aptitude (10 questions).
VITEEE 2024 Marking Scheme
There will be a section-wise distribution of marks in the VITEEE exam pattern 2024. Check the VITEEE 2024 section-wise marks distribution in the table given below:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
- There will two options available for the candidates. They can choose either the MPCEA combination (Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry, and Aptitude) or the BPCEA combination (Biology, English, Physics, Chemistry, and Aptitude). Then the student can opt for either Mathematics or Biology at the entrance exam.
- If the Candidates select Mathematics then they will be eligible to apply for all the B.Tech courses of all the VIT campuses.
- And if the students select Biology, then they will be eligible to apply at the Vellore and Bhopal campuses for B.Tech in Biotechnology, B.Tech in Bioengineering, B.Tech in ECE (Specialization in Biomedical Engineering), and B.Tech in CSE (Specialization in Bioinformatics)
- It is very important for the candidates to understand the VITEEE 2024 syllabus carefully. The candidates can also identify the sections that need utmost attention while preparing for the exam on the basis of the marking scheme
- The questions asked in the VITEE exam will be from the CBSE (NCERT) as well as the Tamil Nadu State Board.
What is the Importance of the VITEEE Exam Pattern 2024?
Candidates can get the complete information and the knowledge of the entrance exam with the help of the VITEEE Exam Pattern. As it will encourage the students in identifying the exam process and help them in the preparation accordingly. In order to build a strong foundation, all the eligible candidates need to understand the VITEEE exam pattern and the syllabus. With the help of the numbers of questions and the marking schemes, the candidates will be able to identify the number of marks allotted for each question and the overall section-wise distribution of marks.
VITEEE Exam Pattern FAQ’S
The time limit of VITEEE 2024 is of 2 hours 30 minutes.
Yes. In 2020, there were few changes made in the exam pattern of VITEEE. There is the inclusion of the Aptitude section and there is no increase in the number of questions.
VITEEE 2024 is of a total of 125 marks. 1 marks is alloted for every correct answer..
No. Calculator is strictly prohibited in the exam hall.
There is no negative marking in the exam according to the VITEEE 2024 exam pattern.
According to the VITEEE exam pattern, the candidates need the study from the sections such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, and Aptitude for the entrance test.
Yes. VITEEE 2024 will be conducted in the computer-based mode by the official authorities.