UPESEAT 2024 is University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test, which is conducted every year by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies for admission to the various engineering courses. The candidates that want to get admission to engineering courses can apply for the exam. In this section, you will get the updates for UPESEAT 2024: Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Dates, Syllabus.
Table of Contents
UPESEAT 2024 Highlights
|Exam Name||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test|
|Type of Exam||University Level|
|UPESEAT 2024 Exam Mode||Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Total number of Seats||125 seats|
|UPESEAT 2024 Conducting Authority||University of Petroleum & Energy Studies|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of Questions||200|
|Time Duration||3 hours|
UPESEAT 2024 Exam Dates
|Starting of application process||November 2023|
|Last date to submit the Application form||April 2024|
|Admit Card Availability date||April 2024|
|UPESEAT 2024 Exam Date||April 2024|
|Result date Declaration||May 2024|
|Publication of merit list||Last week of July 2024|
|Commencement of Counselling Starts||July 2024|
UPESEAT 2024 Application Form
The next phase of the application process would be to complete the registration form for UPESEAT 2024 once the applicants have verified their eligibility. Applicants must be aware that the Application Form UPESEAT 2024 will be accessible from November 2023, with the last date for the availability scheduled for May 2024.
- Candidates can apply and fill out the application via the online mode.
- Different steps will be taken in the complete application process: Registration, completion of the application form, selection of the test center, uploading of documents & payment of the registration fees.
- Applicants must correctly fill in full details as no correction facility would be offered for making changes in the details of the application.
- Applicants must go through detailed eligibility guidelines prior to actually filling the form.
- Applicants can also apply for UPESEAT by acquiring the application form at the UPES campus, Dehradun, through offline mode. The form is submitted as part of the OMR Sheet Form.
- Applicants must print the application form and the fee payment receipt for future reference after submission of the application online.
Applicants have to pay an online registration fee to submit the registration form for UPESEAT 2024. Check the below instructions.
|Indian Residents||Rs. 1350/-|
|Foreign Residents||USD 75|
Mode of Payment: Payment can be made via any of the channels below:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
Steps to fill UPESEAT 2024 Application Form
Step 1: Personal Details- Applicants must enter their personal information in the first step such as name, email ID, mobile number and nationality.
Step two: Input of one-time password (OTP)- An OTP is sent to the registered mobile number once the applicants enter personal details. Applicants must enter the OTP in the Form and the application number and password are received once the OTP is checked.
Step 3: Academic history- After that, applicants must enter academic information such as class 10 and 12 percent, passing year, etc.
Step 4: Payment of Fees- Candidates must pay the application fee of UPESEAT 2024 after entering the details. You can pay the fee by credit/debit card or internet banking.
Step 5: Complete application– Applicants are required to submit the final application form once payment is completed.
Steps to fill Offline OMR Sheet Based UPESEAT 2024 Application Form
- Candidates would most likely obtain the UPESEAT 2024 offline application form from the University’s affirmation part at its Dehradun premises.
- The offline application form will be submitted in the form of the OMR sheet.
UPESEAT 2024 Eligibility Criteria
In the section below, students can understand the UPESEAT Eligibility Criteria:
- Indian and foreign nationals are eligible for UPESEAT applications.
- Applicants born on or after 1/10/2001 will be eligible for application.
- Qualifying Exam: Applicant must pass the 10th & 12th examination from a recognized board or university.
- Qualifying Marks: At their 10th and 12th levels, students should have obtained aggregate marks of 50 percent. In PCM subjects, applicants should also have obtained 50 percent aggregate marks.
Admission Via JEE Main Score:
- Applicants can also apply for B.Tech entry through the JEE Main 2024 valid scorecard.
- The percentile score for admission eligibility through JEE main scores will be 60 percent.
- Such applicants should also have passed 10th and 12th levels with PCM subjects at least 50 percent marks.
Admission through Board Merit Score:
- For direct admission via board merit, applicants must have at least 80 percent marks at levels 10 and 12 and also 80 percent marks at 12th level for PCM subjects.
UPESEAT Scholarship Programs
UPES offers different scholarships for all Indian applicants and domiciled candidates in the form of a tuition fee waiver.
All India Category
- Criteria for eligibility – 80% marks in classes 10 and 12 with 85% marks in PCM
- 50% exemption from tuition fees for CBSE, ICSE & Government Board students on 10% of the seats in the first year of each programme.
- In the second semester, the scholarship is renewed provided that the student receives SGPA of 8/10.
- In subsequent years, the scholarship will be based on the University scholarship policy.
- Scholarships will only be granted on merit.
Uttarakhand Domicile Special Scholarships
- For B.Tech a minimum of 80 percent marks in each 10th, 12th, and PCM class.
- Allocation of a merit order of 1 seat per program.
- The places reserved under this category will be reserved for students of Uttarakhand residence within a 15% reservation.
- The certificate of permanent residency must be “Sthai Niwas Praman Patra.”
- Students will only be entitled to 1 scholarship at a time (either via the Uttarakhand Board Merit or the Uttarakhand Domicile category).
- 33 percent concession on tuition fee on merit-cum-mean basis for the Uttarakhand domicile students.
Criteria for fee concession
- A valid ‘Sthai Niwas Praman Patra’/ Mool Nivas Praman Patra / Adhiwas Niwas praman patra from Uttarakhand state should be in possession of the student.
- There should be a total annual family income of 8 lakh or less.
- In the first year, 25 percent of tuition fees are for boys and 35 percent for girls.
- In the second semester, the scholarship will be renewed if the student receives an SGPA of 8/10.
- In subsequent years, the scholarship will be in line with the university’s scholarship policy.
UPESEAT 2024 Exam Pattern
Understanding the exam pattern of UPESEAT 2024 is very essential for an applicant. If applicants are aware of the examination pattern, it will assist them to recognize the type and level of questions asked in the examination. It is possible to refer to the following table to learn about the examination pattern of UPESEAT 2024.
|Exam Mode||Online Mode- Computer-Based Test|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marks Distribution per Question||1 Mark each|
To get an estimate of the number of questions that will be asked under a specific subject, applicants can go through the table given.
|English Language Comprehension||30|
|Current Affairs Awareness||20|
|Total no. of Questions||200|
UPESEAT 2024 Syllabus
According to the official UPES website, the curriculum for UPESEAT 2024 is strictly based on the JEE Main syllabus, and applicants are hereby advised to begin preparing for UPESEAT 2024 in accordance with the same procedure. The curriculum will be premised on subjects covered by Class XI and XII of the CBSE Board, focusing mainly on subjects covered by subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and English.
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Complex Numbers & Quadratic Equation
- Matrices & Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequencers & Series
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics & Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Physics & Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy & Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Nature and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication System
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classifications of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals
- Block Elements
- Block Elements (Other Groups)
- D- and -f Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
UPESEAT 2024 Preparation Tips
Applicants can take advantage of the preparation advice below to score well in the UPESEAT entrance exam:
- Before starting the preparation, go through UPESEAT’s syllabus and exam pattern specifics.
- In order to be entirely prepared for the test , applicants must begin their exam preparation early.
- Study utilizing solid study material suggested by the practitioners for the entrance test.
- To enhance their practice and achieve good results, applicants must solve past papers and sample papers.
- Revision is very essential, so the notes prepared must be revised by students.
Books to prepare for UPESEAT 2024
The list of books to plan for UPESEAT 2024 is available below:
|Name of the Book|
|Concepts of Physics (Set of 2 Volume)|
|Problems In General Physics|
|Handbook of Physics|
|Chapterwise Topicwise Solved Papers Mathematics for Engineering Entrances|
|Problems In Mathematics with Hints and Solutions|
|Problems in Physical Chemistry|
|Advanced Problems in Organic Chemistry|
|General Aptitude Theory and Practice|
|General Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations|
UPESEAT 2024 Slot Booking
The UPESEAT 2024 Slot Booking can be completed at upes.ac.in in the online mode. Applicants must use the application number and password generated at the time of application filling for UPESEAT 2024 to log into their registered account. Using UPESEAT ‘s slot booking, applicants are permitted to to choose their suitable date and time of the exam.
UPESEAT 2024 Slot Booking Key Highlights:
- The UPESEAT 2024 session will take place on separate days.
- The slot booking, however, is completed on a first come first serve basis.
A slot becomes unavailable once completely booked.
- The applicants are therefore required to to choose their favoured slots from the dates offered.
- Applicants have to reserve their slots as quickly as possible to really get the exam date of their choice while the slot booking begins.
- Students who reserve their slots receive their admit card for the exam.
UPESEAT 2024 Admit Card
Applicants can access their UPESEAT 2024 admit card online under their respective logins at upes.ac.in. Remember that the admit card must be presented in printed form on the day of the exam. After the slot reservation, an admit card is generated. However, it can be downloaded a few days after the slot reservation process is over.
The documents that a candidate must carry to the exam hall are mentioned below.
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket
- Identity Proof – Only one out of the below Photo ID proofs is needed by the candidate at the time of appearing for the UPESEAT.
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Photo ID issued by current education institute or the employer
- Passport size photographs
- At the exam center, the soft copy of the admit card is not accepted. In addition, applicants must carry a valid original photo ID with the admit card.
- The admit card obtained after the slot reservation remains accessible until the day of the exam. Applicants may log in at any time using the login details obtained at the time of filling in the registration form to download the admit card.
- Applicants must be available on the exam day, regardless of the slots they reserved during the slot booking, based on the time, location and date mentioned in the admit card.
UPESEAT Exam Centers
For this year, there are approximately 100 UPESEAT Exam Center cities. They are as follows:
|Test Cites||Code||Test Cities||Code||Test Cities||Code|
|Bokaro Steel City||21||Kolkata||55||Shimla||89|
UPESEAT Sample Papers 2024
UPES offers the UPESEAT 2024 sample papers on the official site for the applicants. These sample papers can be accessed easily by applicants. These papers are based on real exam pattern and give an indication of the degree of challenge, the type of questions posed to the applicants in the exam. In order to improve their speed, time management, etc, applicants should start practicing more and more sample papers. In addition to this, such UPESEAT 2024 sample papers also assist applicants in their performance evaluation.
UPESEAT 2024 Result
Here you will obtain info relating to the result of UPESEAT 2024. The result of UPESEAT 2024 will be announced in online mode. By entering their user ID and password, the applicants can verify the UPESEAT 2024 result. The outcome of UPESEAT 2024 will be published on the official website.
The result of UPESEAT 2024 will be declared during the month of May 2024. The result of UPESEAT 2024 will include the sectional marks and the category wise rank on it. The UPESEAT 2024 Results can be downloaded in pdf format by applicants.
Students are required to print the results of UPESEAT 2024. For the applicants that are admitted to the JEE Main Score, UPESEAT Exam, and the Board Merit List, the authority will publish a completely separate merit list.
Steps to Check UPESEAT 2024 Result
- Visit the UPESEAT 2024 official website
- Find and select the result link
- The candidate will have to provide the application number and password.
- Finally, the candidate has to click on “Submit”
- The result will be then become visible on the screen.
UPESEAT 2024 Cut Off
UPESEAT Cut Off will be concluded based on different variables: seat availability, paper level of difficulty and no applicants appearing. The cut off details can be checked by students via the website. The cut-off will differ for applicants in different categories and for different courses.
Applicants who qualify for the UPESEAT entrance exam successfully will be qualified for the counseling round.
UPESEAT Answer Key 2024
UPES does not announce any UPESEAT 2024 answer key. Applicants can directly check their results on the official website.
UPESEAT 2024 Counselling
In the first week of June 2024, the UPESEAT Counselling phase will be organized. Applicants will be able to enroll on the website through the online mode for the counselling process. For the selection of applicants for admission, centralised counseling will be organized.
Only the UPESEAT 2024 qualified applicants will be allowed to apply for the counselling round. Separate counseling sessions will be organized for the applicants applying for admission through Board merit and JEE Main score.
On the day of counselling for the document verification procedure, applicants are informed to carry their original documents/certificates.
- UPESEAT 2024 Admit Card
- UPSEAT Counselling Call letter
- 4 passport size photographs
- A Demand Draft (DD) of INR 85,000 drawn in the favor of “UPES Fee Account” payable at Dehradun.
- Class X and XII original and photocopies of marksheets. The photocopies will be retained by the company.
B.Tech Programmes offered under UPESEAT 2024
|Chemical Engineering||B.Tech Applied Petroleum Engineering with Specialization in GasB.Tech Chemical Engineering with Specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals|
|Power Engineering||B.Tech Electrical EngineeringB.Tech Power System EngineeringB.Tech Electronics and Communication EngineeringB.Tech Electronics IOT Based InstrumentB.Tech Electronics Engineering with Specialization in Broadband Communication Technology|
|Aerospace Engineering||B.Tech Aerospace EngineeringB.Tech Aerospace Engineering with a specialization In Avionics Engineering|
|Mechanical Engineering||B.Tech Mechanical EngineeringB.Tech Automotive Design EngineeringB.Tech Mechatronics Engineering|
|Petroleum Engineering & Earth Sciences||B.Tech Applied Petroleum EngineeringB.Tech Geo-Informatics EngineeringB.Tech Geo-Science EngineeringB.Tech Metallurgical & Materials EngineeringB.Sc (Hons) Geology|
|Civil, Health and Safety Engineering||B.Tech Fire & Safety EngineeringB.Tech Civil Engineering|
|Applied Science||B.Sc (Hons) ChemistryB.Sc (Hons) PhysicsB.Sc (Hons) Mathematics|
UPES B.Tech Placements
As per the facts on the website of UPES, about the placements:
- 3400+ Recruiters have recruited to date
- 13400+ Students have been placed to date
- 94% Overall placements to date
The top recruiters include:
- Mahindra Aerospace
- Hindustan Coca Cola
- HDFC Bank
UPES is situated in Uttarakhand, Dehradun. It has 8 schools that offer 142 courses in UG, PG and Doctoral. It also provides courses for distance education. Admission to UPES is based on UPES ‘national level CBT entrance exam or national level entrance exams such as JEE Main, CLAT, CAT. Direct admission is also available via the board exam merit.
Awards and Recognition
- Awarded the Best University for Placements and Employability’ by Times Now- National Education Excellence Award 2018
- The University was awarded the Best Academic-Industry Interface’ by DNA (a leading Indian media house) in 2018
UPESEAT 2024 Contact Information
2nd Floor, Plot No – 210, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase III,, New Delhi, Delhi 110020
Contact number: 011 4173 0154
Official Website: http://upes.ac.in/
UPESEAT 2024 FAQ’S
UPESEAT is the entrance exam by the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES). It is held for admission in the B.Tech courses offered by the University.
It is held in a computer-based test format.
The official website for UPESEAT 2024 is upes.ac.in.
You can apply online by filling the form of UPESEAT on upes.ac.in.
If you have 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 and have a minimum percentile score of 60 in JEE Main 2024, then you can skip UPESEAT and are eligible for direct admission in UPES.
The cutoff marks are released after the declaration of the result. Therefore once the exam is over, the university shall release the cutoff marks and the list of the qualified candidates.
UPESEAT 2024 shall be held nationwide, in all major cities.
The University has not defined any syllabus for UPESEAT. However, the candidates have to prepare 10+2 level Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. In addition to that, questions will be asked from English Language Comprehension and Current Affairs Awareness.
The registration process will get started from November 2023.
UPESEAT is held over a period of days and the students can book their preferred exam date to appear for the exam. This facility is called the slot booking process that opens online after the registrations are over.
As per the marking scheme, 1 mark will be given for each correct response. There will be no negative marking in the test.
The entrance exam of UPESEAT will be held in the 2nd week of May 2024 through online mode
No, the university will not provide any correction facility.
UPES is a state public-private university. meaning that it has a reservation quota for the Uttarakhand domicile students but doesn’t follow the reservation quota(SC/ST/OBC) like any other govt universities.
Student whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October, 2001 are eligible to apply for UPESEAT.
Yes, it is a very good college for petroleum engineering. But you cannot simply rely on it for good placement. UPES is very famous for petroleum engineering. It established in the year 2003 through UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttarakhand.
Yes, candidates with valid scorecard of JEE Main are eligible to apply. 60% will be the percentile score for eligibility of admission through JEE Main scores.
The cutoff marks are released after the declaration of the result. Therefore once the exam is over, the university shall release the cutoff marks and the list of the qualified candidates.
The questions will be asked from various topics of 10th and 12th PCM subjects. Questions will be from 5 sections – Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English Language and Current Affairs.
Scholarship / Fee Concession. UPES is pleased to announce 6 scholarships of Rs.50,000 per each for students securing top ranks in the UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT).
UPESEAT exam has its difficulties in English and General Awareness while rest subjects are PCM whose level is somehow below or equal to JEE-Mains level.