TS PGECET Exam Pattern 2023: The exam pattern is designed in such a way to represent the actual examination paper so that the candidates can understand the exam structure and exam format of the question paper. Understanding exam pattern is one of the essential strategies used by candidates in their exam preparation.
The details mentioned in the exam pattern are such as mode of exam, duration of exam, question type, number of questions, maximum marks, exam marking scheme, etc.
This state-level examination mainly assesses the technical skills and quantitative aptitude of a candidate. The aspirant must remember that the candidate’s qualified Gate will be preferred over the candidate’s qualified TS PGECET. Scroll down the article to get complete information about TS PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern, marking scheme, and other information
Table of Contents
Highlights of TS PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check the following table stating about TS PGECET 2023 exam pattern mentioned below
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based exam (Online exam)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|General Category Cut-off Marks||30|
|SC/ST Cut-off Marks||Minimum Marks are not applicable|
Note: In two sessions, the TS PGECET 2023 will happen. The first session will take place in the Morning Session and the second one is held in the Afternoon Session.
TS PGECET Exam Pattern 2023
The aspirants can get complete information about question paper patterns with the help of TS PGECET Exam Pattern 2023 and they will be able to prepare well for the examination.
The aspirants can get admission to PG courses in the subject of technology, engineering, architecture, pharmacy, and graduate-level Pharm-D through Telangana Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET). On behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), the University College of Engineering, Osmania University conducts the entrance exam.
- Program: The aspirants can get admission into courses such as M.Tech/ ME/ M.Arch/ M.Pharmacy/ Graduate level Pharm-D courses.
- Exam Mode: The entrance test is a computer-based test held in an online mode
- Questions Type: TS PGECET will contain multiple-choice questions
- Medium: The medium of the question paper will be asked in English only.
- Shifts: The exam will be held in two sessions/shifts: morning and afternoon.
- Number of Questions: There will be 120 questions asked in each paper
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be of 120 minutes (2 hours) to solve the asked question paper.
- Medium: The medium of the question paper will be asked in English only.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking is available in this examination.
- Syllabus: The entrance test syllabus will vary as per the different papers.
- Marking Scheme: For every right answer, One mark will be allotted to the applicants
TS PGECET 2023 Marking Scheme
|Type of Answer||Marks|
|Right Answer||+1 Mark|
|Incorrect Response||0 Mark|
|Unanswered Answer2023||0 Mark|
TS PGECET 2023 Papers With Code
The applicants need to appear in any one of the papers given below in the exam of TS PGECET 2023. The choice to select for the paper code will be given at the online application process time.
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geo-Engineering and Geo-Informatics||GG|
Admission Based on Other Exams
GATE Exam Pattern
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national-level exam for applicants who wish to get admission to courses such as M.Tech/Ph.D. and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in the engineering and technology field.
- The eligible candidates will get the option to apply for anyone stream out of a total of 23 papers, and for which GATE 2023 will be held.
|Exam Mode||Computer-based Test i.e Online Mode|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of questions||65|
|Subject||General Aptitude and Subject Specific|
GPAT Exam Pattern
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) organizes Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) for admission to applicants in the courses such as the M.Pharma program every year.
- The aspirants who have qualified GPAT exams will be taken into consideration for several fellowship schemes scholarships to pursue research and advanced study
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test i.e Online|
|Questions Type||Multiple-choice questions|
|Examination Duration||3 hours|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Number of Questions||125|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be assigned to the applicants for each correct response|
|Negative Marking||There will be a deduction of 1 mark for an incorrect answer|
TS PGECET 2023 Syllabus
Under TS PGECET, Osmania University conducts a total of nineteen papers, the applicants need to select the paper code during the submission of the application form. The syllabus varies as per different papers therefore it is important for the applicants to refer to the TS PGECET syllabus declared on the official website at pgecet.tsche.ac.in.
The applicants can download the TS PGECET syllabus in PDF Format from the following table discussed below.
|Paper||Paper Code||Syllabus in PDF|
|Aerospace Engineering||AS||Click Here|
|Biomedical Engineering||BM||Click Here|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Click Here|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Click Here|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Click Here|
|Food Technology||FT||Click Here|
|Instrumentation Engineering||EI||Click Here|
|Metallurgical Engineering||MT||Click Here|
|Nano Technology||NT||Click Here|
|Textile Technology||TX||Click Here|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Click Here|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Click Here|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Click Here|
|Environmental Management||EM||Click Here|
|Geo-Engineering and Geo-Informatics||GG||Click Here|
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Click Here|
|Mining Engineering||MN||Click Here|
TS PGECET Exam Pattern 2023 Important Points
It is important for the applicants to understand the TS PGECET exam pattern along with the syllabus before starting the preparation to make an effective daily schedule. The applicants can refer to the relevant details about the TS PGECET v exam pattern and syllabus from the following table-
- The details mentioned in the TS PGECET exam pattern are such as mode of exam, duration of exam, question type, number of questions, maximum marks, exam marking scheme, etc.
- There will be two sections in TS PGECET 2023 such as Mathematics and the preferred paper selected by applicants.
- TS PGECET 2023 syllabus will contain all the topics relevant for the exam preparation
- TS PGECET 2023 cut-off mark is 30 marks. But, there are no minimum cut-off marks for SC/ST applicants.
TS PGECET Exam Pattern 2023 FAQ’S
What will be the duration of TS PGECET paper?
The candidates will get a total of 2 hours of time duration in TS PGECET 2023. There will be a total of 120 questions asked in the exam
How can I download the TS PGECET syllabus 2023?
The applicants can download the TS PGECET 2023 syllabus in the PDF Format for all the exam papers at the official website – pgecet.tsche.ac.in.
Will there be any NAT or MSQ type questions in TS PGECET Paper?
No. There will be only MCQ-type questions asked in the TS PGECET Question Paper. There will be a total of 120 questions asked in the exam on the basis of the selected subject by the applicants.
What is the marking scheme of TS PGECET 2023?
The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer and no negative marking according to the TS PGECET exam pattern 2023.
Is TS PGECET an online exam or an offline exam?
TS PGECET is an online-based exam. In order to appear for the exam, the applicants need to select one out of 17 papers on the basis of their course of graduation level. The aspirant must remember that the candidate’s qualified Gate will be preferred over the candidate’s qualified TS PGECET.
What is the TS PGECET exam pattern 2023?
There will be two sections in TS PGECET 2023 Mathematics and the preferred paper selected by applicants according to the TS PGECET 2023 exam pattern. The candidates will get a total of 2 hours of time duration in TS PGECET 2023. There will be a total of 120 questions asked in the exam
Can I move between sections while appearing for TS PGECET?
Yes, the candidates can switch between sections in the online tests. The applicants can attempt the test according to their choice.
Is it compulsory to attempt all the questions?
No, it is not mandatory for the applicants to attempt all the questions asked in the exam. The applicants if want then can skip the questions.
What is the mode of TS PGECET 2023 exam?
TS PGECET 2023 is a computer-based test held in online mode.