TS LAWCET 2023 Exam Pattern will be released by the Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE). Candidates can get information about marking schemes, marks weightage, subjects, weightage, exam timings, and mode of exam from the exam pattern. TS LAWCET 2023 exam pattern has been designed in a way to judge the mental ability and the aptitude of the candidates aspiring to study law. There are a total of 120 questions in the exam according to the TSLAWCET exam pattern. The total time limit to attempt the exam is 90 minutes. There is a total of 120 marks available in the law entrance exam. TS LAWCET entrance exam contains a total of three sections. Read further to get complete details about TS LAWCET 2023 exam pattern.
Table of Contents
Highlights of TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2023
|Issuing Authority||Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE)|
|Nature of Question||Objective Type|
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test|
|Total Number of Questions||120|
|Exam Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Number of Sections||3|
|Language||English, Telugu, and Urdu|
|TS LAWCET Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
No negative marking for an incorrect response
TS LAWCET 2023 Section-wise Questions and Marks
|Aptitude for the Study of Law||60||60|
|General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
Detailed TS LAWCET 2023 Exam Pattern
Candidates can get much information from exam patterns such as exam mode, marking scheme, exam duration, question type, the total number of questions, maximum marks, and much other relevant information. Exam patterns can be a great source of help for all candidates.
All the details related to the written test along with the pattern are included in the TS LAWCET exam. The officials release the information brochure that contains the complete exam pattern. The applicants can refer to the exam pattern from the official website.
All the eligible candidates need to qualify for the entrance exam conducted by the University to get admission into the state of law colleges of Telangana state. Candidates can know the nature and the type of questions asked in the examination with the help of exam patterns.
The entrance exam will be conducted by Osmania University on behalf of TSCHE (Telangana State Council of Higher Education). The paper consists of three sections given below:
- First Part: General Knowledge and Mental Ability
- Second Part: Current Affairs
- Third Part: Aptitude test for the Study of Law
Mode of TS LAWCET Exam
The law entrance exam is a Computer Based Test. At TS LAWCET Exam Center, every applicant will be assigned a computer to take a test. Candidates must practice the test through the ‘Online Test Series’ while preparing for the exam.
The following abilities will be tested by the applicants appearing for the exam.
- Aptitude for Study of Law
- Current Affairs, and
- General Knowledge and Mental Ability
TS LAWCET 2023 Duration of Exam
- The time limit of the law entrance exam will be 1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes).
- The applicants need to mandatorily complete the exam within the given time limit.
- There will no extra time is given to any of the candidates under any condition or situation.
- An extra 20 minutes will be given to the PwD and SAP candidates to complete the test.
- There will be no sectional time limit in the examination.
Type of Questions in TS LAWCET
- There are multiple-choice questions (Objective type) asked in the law entrance exam
- There will be four choices allotted in every question.
- The most appropriate answer needs to be marked by the candidates.
- A question related to an essay will also be asked in the exam. The exam is descriptive in nature.
TS LAWCET Medium of Examination
- Telangana Law Common Entrance Test will be conducted in English and Telugu language.
- In addition to this, the candidates can also attempt the exam in the Urdu language.
- Candidates can attempt the questions according to their choice.
Refer to the following courses provided under 3 Year and 5 Year LLB programs given below:
|Three-year LLB Program||Five-year LLB Program|
|LLB (Hons.)||BBA LLB|
|(-)||BA LLB (Hons.)|
TS LAWCET 2023 Marking Scheme
As the questions asked in the exam are of objective type, the marking scheme for the same is given below:
- 1 mark each will be allowed to the candidates for every correct answer
- No negative marking in the exam for the wrong response
- Furthermore, there will be no allotment or deduction of marks if the candidates do not attempt any questions
Qualifying marks in TS LAWCET
- To qualify for the entrance exam, the applicants need to secure a minimum of 35% marks. It means that the minimum passing will be 42 out of 120.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ ST category are not required to secure minimum marks to qualify for the law entrance exam.
Tie Breaker in TS LAWCET
If in a case, there is more than one applicant securing the same marks, then they need to follow the given criteria:
- The marks secured in Part C is Aptitude for the Study of Law will be considered
- If the tie still persists, then marks secured in Part B that is Current Affairs will be taken into the consideration
- However, if the tie is still there, then for the ranking purpose, the candidates who have secured the same marks will be grouped together. At the time of admission, the candidate with higher age will be considered.
TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2023 Guidelines
- TS LAWCET 2023 Exam Pattern will be published along with the admission notification before the commencement of the TS LAWCET 2023 exam.
- TS LAWCET exam pattern will be a great source of help for the candidates preparing for the exam. There will be a total of 120 multiple choices questions with a time limit of 90 minutes asked in the TS LAWCET exam. This implies that the candidates will get less than a minute to answer each question. Thus, the candidates need to work on accuracy and speed to secure good marks in the exam.
- While attempting the exam, it is important for the candidates to remember the exam pattern. They should note that there is no negative marking for incorrect responses. Therefore the candidates are free to attempt the right answer or close to being the right answer in the exam.
Recommended Books for TS LAWCET 2023
We have shared below the following books for the students preparing for the law entrance exam
|A Complete Self Study Guide for LLB Entrance Exam||Arihant Experts|
|Guide to judicial service examinations||Universal|
|Study Package for CLAT & LLB||AP Bhardwaj|
|Objective General English 1st edition||R.S. Agarwal|
|Constitution of India||Bakshi P.M|
|Legal aptitude for CLAT and other law entrance exam||A.P. Bhardwaj|
|Legal Awareness/ Legal Reasoning||Bhardwaj|
|The Pearson Guide to the LLB Entrance Exam||Thorpe|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K. Pandey|
|LAWCET Study Material with Previous Papers (Paperback)||Vikram Editorial Board|
|The Ultimate Guide to the LLB Entrance Examination||M A Rashid|
|LLB Entrance Examination Guide||Pankaj Kr. Jaiswal|
TS LAWCET Exam Pattern 2023 FAQ’S
How many marks are awarded for a correct answer in TS LAWCET?
1 mark is alloted to every incorrect answer in the TS LAWCET exam.
What are the maximum marks that a candidate can score in TS LAWCET?
The candidate can secure a maximum of 120 marks in TS LAWCET.
Which subjects are covered in the entrance exam of TS LAWCET?
TS LAWCET entrance exam covers the subject that is General knowledge & Mental Ability, Aptitude for Study of Law, and Current Affairs.
How many total questions are asked in the TS LAWCET exam?
There is a total of 120 questions available in the TS LAWCET exam.
Which is the most important section of TS LAWCET?
All sections of TS LAWCET are equally important, but if in any case, more than one applicant has secured equal marks in the exam, then the Aptitude for the Study of Law” Part C section will be considered.
Does TS LAWCET follow a negative marking scheme?
No. There is no negative marking scheme in the TS LAWCET exam.
How many section-wise questions are asked in TS LAWCET?
There are 3 sections asked in the TS LAWCET exam. Each section carries 30 questions.