TISSNET 2024: TISSNET Eligibility Criteria, Qualification Required

In this article, we will provide details related to TISSNET 2024 Eligibility Criteria. TISSNET 2024 stands for Tata Institute of Social Sciences. TISSNET 2024 Eligibility Criteria can be checked on the official website. TISS conducts the National Entrance Test for admission to Masters Courses. In this article, aspirants will find all the important detail regarding TISSNET – Tata Institute of Social Sciences Eligibility Criteria 2024, Qualification Required.


TISSNET Eligibility Criteria

Following are the criteria that the applicants must fulfil to apply for TISSNET 2024:

MA (Education):

  • Applicant must have completed their graduation in a Bachelors course (3 Years) or equivalent from a recognized university.
  • Applicants appearing for their final semester exams may apply but they must have passed in all subjects until the fourth semester in order to be eligible (for 3 Year course students).  In the case of 4-year course students, passing all subjects until the sixth semester is a necessity.

MA (Social Work):

  • Applicant must have completed their graduation in a Bachelors course in any discipline or it’s equivalent from a recognised university.
  • Applicants appearing for their final semester are also eligible to apply. Admission will be done on a provisional basis.
  • Applicants with 2 years or more experience in Social Welfare will be preferred.

MA in Applied Psychology:

  • Applicant must have completed B.A. in Psychology or B.A. General from a recognized university.
  • Completion of above with at least Three papers in Psychology necessary.
  • Applicants appearing for their final semester are also eligible to apply. Admission will be done on a provisional basis.

LLM Programme:

  • Applicant must hold an LLB Degree from a recognized university.
  • Applicants appearing for their final semester are also eligible to apply. Admission will be done on a provisional basis.
  • Minimum required aggregate- 50% (General) & 45% (SC/ST/OBC).
  • Applicants appearing for their final semester exams may apply but they must have passed in all subjects until the fourth semester in order to be eligible (for 3 Year course students).  In the case of 4-year course students, passing all subjects until the sixth semester is a necessity.

TISSNET Reservation Policy

TISS campuses comply with reservations according to the standards of the Government of India. Final admission is offered on the basis of the seat reservation policy provided below:

CATEGORYTISS MUMBAITISS TULJAPURTISS HYDERABADTISS CHENNAITISS GUWAHATI
Economically Weaker Section (EWS)10%10%10%10%10%
Scheduled Caste (SC)15%15%15%15%15%
Scheduled Tribe (ST)7.5%7.5%7.5%7.5%7.5%
Other Backward Class (OBC)27%27%27%27%27%
PwD5%5%5%5%5%
Kashmiri Migrants5%5%5%5%5%
Children of the Armed Forces Employees5%5%5%5%5%
North Eastern States66%*

*66 percent of TISS Guwahati seats are reserved for 8 north-eastern states, so the reservation is valid for the remaining 34 percent of the seats.

Find the detailed article here: TISSNET 2024 – TATA Institute of Social Science.

For any queries regarding TISSNET 2024, please comment below.

Popular Exams you Might Like

Top Exams

Karnavati University Application Live

X

Exams Made Easy

One destination to find everything from exams to study materials.

Exams

Jobs

Courses

Q&A

Register to Apply

Personal Details

By submitting this form, you accept and agree to our Terms of Use.