SRMGEET 2023 is Graduate Engineering Entrance Test which is conducted every year by SRM University for admission to the various M.Tech/P.G courses. The candidates interested in the engineering course can apply for the exam, once selected the students will get admission in its Kattan kulathur, Ramapuram, Ramapuram Part II – Vadapalani, NCR campuses, the exam will be conducted in online mode. SRMGEET 2023 will be conducted on all India basis in 32 centres across India. In this section, you will get the updates for SRMGEET 2023: Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Dates, Syllabus.
Table of Contents
SRM GEET 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||SRM GEET|
|Full-Form||SRM Joint Entrance Examination for Engineering|
|Exam Type||UG & PG|
|Conducting Body||SRM University, Tamil Nadu|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Helpline||(044) 27455510, 47437500|
SRMGEET 2023 Important Examination Dates
Here are the important dates for SRMGEET 2023, please note that the dates provided are tentative and might change as the official dates are announced by the university.
|1||Commencement of Submission of Online Application||November 2022|
|2||Last Date of Submission of the Online Application.||March 2023|
|3||Commencement of Slot Booking||March 2023|
|4||Exam Date||April 2023|
|5||Declaration of Result||May 2023|
|6||Beginning of Counselling Process||June 2023|
SRMGEET 2023 Application Form
Only through the online mode will the eligible applicants be able to apply for SRMGEET 2023. The applicants will have to fill in all the important information such as the name and address of the applicant along with their educational qualifications. Applicants are also required to submit their scanned photo and signature. An enrollment number and a password will be given to the applicants to obtain the admit card. Below are the details concerning the registration of SRMGEET 2023.
How to Apply for SRMGEET?
Applicants can consider the steps below to complete the SRMGEET Application form:
- Visit the official website with your User ID & Password and log in.
- Fill in your Personal & Educational information
- Book your City and Exam Slot
- Upload Signature and Photograph
- Click on the button to Submit
- Pay the Application Fee
|OBC, General, ST, SC||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||Rs. 1100|
|OBC, General, ST, SC||PWD||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||Rs. 1100|
SRMGEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
In order to register for the SRMGEET 2023 entrance exam, the candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria, the university has decided the following criteria in order to get admission:
|Criteria||Eligibility for appearing in SRMGEET 2023|
|Marks in the qualifying examination||A minimum aggregate score of 60% marks.|
|Qualifying Exam||The Candidate should have studied in any educational institute in India.|
|GATE Score||Candidates with valid GATE or TANCET scores will also be considered for admissions.|
|Nationality||Only Resident of India is eligible.|
SRMGEET 2023 Examination Pattern
In this section, candidates will find the examination pattern of SRMGEET 2023.
- Mode of Exam: The mode of the exam will be online. (Computer Based Test).
- Language: The language of the question paper will be English.
- Question Paper Type: The questions asked will be objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: The question paper will contain a total of 100 questions.
- No. of Sections: The question paper will have 12 sections and candidates will have to attempt only 1 relevant to their course.
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of 2 hours 30 minutes duration.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 3 marks will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking will be done.
How to prepare for SRMGEET?
Some of the useful advice for applicants who want to prepare for the SRMGEET 2023 Exam are listed below:
- Planning your daily work.
- Go through the course syllabus that you have chosen and prepare accordingly.
- Anytime you study, start preparing from notes and refer to them later.
- Refer to question papers from the prior year.
- Proper revision before the exam is carried out for better results.
- Take mock tests to evaluate your results.
SRM GEET 2023 Syllabus
The SRM GEET syllabus, except for the Bio-Technology and Food Processing Program, will be accessible according to the topics studied in the M.Tech course. Mathematics will be responsible for some of the basic questions.
For all of the courses, mathematics is a common subject. The table includes the subject syllabus for mathematics.
|Vector Calculus, Matrices & determinants, Analytical function theory, Differential calculus, Multiple integrals & ordinary differential equation, Numerical methods, Probability, and Statistics.|
The SRMGEET Syllabus for each course is provided in this table.
|Civil Engineering||Mechanics of solids & Structural analysis, Environmental engineering, Concrete & Steel structure, Fluid mechanics & water resource Engineering, construction & materials management engineering, Surveying, Transportation Engineering, Remote sensing, and GIS.|
|Computer Science Engineering||Discrete Mathematical Structures, Microprocessor & hardware systems, Computer Organization & Architecture, System programming, Operating systems, Programming methodology, Data structure & Algorithms, etc.|
|Food Processing Engineering||Bioprocess Engineering, Food Engineering, Biochemistry & Nutrition, Microbiology, etc.|
SRMGEET 2023 Admit Card
- Once the candidates get the enrollment number and a password, they will be able to download the admit card through university’s official website.
- The admit card will contain all the important details like the candidate’s name, roll no. , date, time and venue of the exam, etc.
- The candidates are required to carry the admit card with them on the day of the exam, any candidate without the card will not be permitted in the examination centre.
- Even after the examination is over, the candidates must keep the admit card safe.
How to download the SRMGEET Admit card?
To download the SRMGEET Admit card, the applicants will just have to follow the steps listed below.
- Navigate to the official website
- Click the link on the admit card
- Enter your log-in credentials
- Download and print the admit card.
Documents required on SRMGEET Exam day
The documents that an applicant must bring to the SRMGEET Exam centre are as follows:
- SRMGEET Admit card
- Photo ID proof
- Passport size photograph
SRMGEET 2023 Result
- The result for SRMGEET 2023 will be announced 3 weeks after the commencement of the exam, once the date has been announced, it will be updated in this section.
- The candidates will be able to check their results on the official website of the university.
How to download SRMGEET Result?
To download SRMGEET 2023 Results from the official site, the following steps can be followed:
Step 1: Navigate to the official website
Step 2: Click the Result link button
Step 3: Enter your application number and date of birth by logging in.
Stage 4: Download and take a printout
SRMGEET 2023 Cut off
In order to get admission into a course, the SRMGEET 2023 Cut off is the minimum score that an applicant will have to score. Courses are given based on the ranks obtained by an applicant.
- The cutoff is determined by taking into account different variables, which are as follows:
- The total number of applicants for the test who appeared.
- The difficulty level of the question paper
- Number of Available Seats
SRMGEET 2023 Counseling
- Only the candidates that successfully clear the exam will be able to sit in the SRMGEET 2023 counselling.
- The eligible candidates will get call letters to appear for counselling.
- The candidates will have to attend the counselling by themselves and will have to show all the original documents to the controller of the exam at the time of counselling.
- Once the counselling is over, final merit will be prepared and then candidates will get admission in the university for their desired programme.
The documents to be carried during the SRMGEET Counselling process are as follows:
- Marksheets of Class 10 and 12
- Degree Certificates
- Admit card
- Counselling letter
- Passport size photos
- Conduct certificate from the previous institution
- Scorecard of GATE
SRMGEET 2023 Exam Centres
The SRMGEET will be conducted in more than 13 states. The candidates will be given an option to choose the exam centre when they are filling the SRMGEET Application form. Once the Exam centre is allotted it will not be changed. The candidates will have to choose a test venue which is convenient for them.
Courses offered through SRMGEET
The disciplines in which candidates can get admission through SRMGEET 2023 are:
- Structural Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Remote Sensing and SIS
- Environmental Engineering
- Geo-Technical Engineering
- Computer-Aided Design
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Solar Energy
- Power Systems
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Telecommunication Networks
- VLSI Design
- Embedded System Technology
- Communication Systems
- Biomedical Systems
- Electronics And Control Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
- Information Security and Cyber Forensics
- Database systems
- Cloud Computing
- Chemical Engineering
- Food and Nutritional Biotechnology
- Food Safety and Quality Management
- Genetic Engineering
- Operation Management and Learn ERP
- Solar Photovoltaic
SRMGEET 2023 FAQs
Can I pay the Counselling Fee by cash?
No, only DD is accepted.
Is Maths a compulsory subject?
Yes, it is a common subject for every course except for Biotechnology Engineering and Food Processing Engineering.
How many questions are asked in the examination?
100 MCQs will be asked in the examination.
What is the time duration of the SRMGEET 2023 program?
What is the mode of the exam?
Is there negative marking in SRMGEET?
Yes, there is negative marking. One mark will be deducted from the total for every wrong answer.
What is the frequency of the SRMGEET exam?
Once a year.
Can I choose the exam centre on my own?
Yes, you can do so.
How the admission procedure undergoes after the counselling process?
As soon as the counselling procedure ends, students need to download the confirmation document from the official site and report physically to the allotted college.
How can I get to know about the exam results?
The exam result will be uploaded on the official site after a month of the exam day.
When should I begin to prepare for the SRMGEET 2023 exam?
Students can start their SRMGEET 2023 exam preparation after completing their bachelor’s degree.
What certificate should a candidate carry for his/her residence recognition proof?
Admit Card, Adhaar Card
Can I bring a soft copy of the Admit Card to the examination centre?
It is mandatory to bring a hard copy of the admit card to the examination centre.