SOFT CET which stands for the School of Fashion Technology Common Entrance Test is conducted for admitting female aspirants into various UG, PG, and Diploma courses. The course is offered by the School of Fashion Technology (SOFT), Pune started in the year 1998. The university organizes a lot of UG & PG Diploma design courses. In this section, you will find everything you need to know regarding SOFT CET 2022 such as Application form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Exam Dates, Exam Preparation, Syllabus.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
SOFT CET 2022 Highlights
Candidates can go through the highlights of SOFT CET 2022 provided below:
|Conducting body||School of Fashion Technology|
|Stages of exam||3 – Online Test, Studio Test/ Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
|Courses||B.Des, Diploma Course in Fashion Design, PG Course in FBDT and FBM|
SOFT CET Important Dates 2022
The candidates can check the table below to see the schedule of all key events including a written test, application form, admission card, result, counseling, and much more.
|Event||Date (Not Announced)|
|Start of Online Application||November 2021|
|Final date for submitting Application form||April 2022|
|Release of Admit Card||May 2022|
|Date of examination||May 2022 (Date to be chosen by the student at the time of registration)|
|Declaration of result||May 2022|
|Final date of the Admission process||June 2022|
SOFT CET 2022 Application Form
- SOFT CET 2022 application form needs to be filled by candidates online on the official website of School of Fashion Technology. (www.softcet.in/registration.aspx)
- Candidates are informed that they need to duly fill and submit their application form for SOFT CET exam otherwise they will not be allowed to appear for the design entrance exam.
- Any candidate who wants to apply for more than one course offered at the School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) needs to fill separate application forms for CET and thereafter even pay the application fee for each course separately.
STEPS TO fill SOFT CET 2022 Application Form
Step 1: Register for SOFT CET
Candidates need to click on the ‘Registration’ link on the official website of SOFT and thereafter provide details such as their valid email ID and mobile number. Once this is done, candidates will be provided with their username and password.
Step 2: Fill SOFT CET application form
Next, aspirants need to provide their personal, professional, educational and contact details. Candidates need to ensure that they provide correct information in their application form for SOFT CET 2022 exam.
Apart from this, candidates need to upload their latest I-Card size photograph in JPEG format at the time of filling their registration form for SOFT CET.
Step 3: Pay SOFT CET application fee
Finally you need to pay the SOFT CET application fee.
SOFT CET Application Fee
The applicants have to pay the application fee as mentioned below:
- B.Des – Rs. 3000/-
- Industry Integrated Program with International Exposure – Rs. 4000/-
- The application fee can be paid online through net banking or by using a Debit/ credit card.
- The registration fee can also be paid in cash at the university campus.
- The application fee can also be paid in the form of DD.
- After the application fee is paid the applicant is all set to submit the filled application and save the confirmation page.
Some Important Information Related to the Entrance Exam:
- Upon completion of the registration the applicants will receive the user Id & password with 20 practice questions and this is also known as a mock test that should be completed within 7 days.
- The University has decided on a fixed log time and this should be done before 10.20 am.
- Applicants must bring the cell phone, as the examination credentials would be sent to the applicants in the form of a text message.
- The applicants can apply for the entrance exam only once so they have to pay the fees again if they decide to apply for it again.
SOFT CET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
For U.G. Program–B. Design (Affiliated to SNDT Women’s University):
- Graduated from class 12th in any stream – Arts/ Commerce/ Science/ Home Science/ minimum Competency Vocational Course (MCVC) including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)/ State Govt. Technical Education full-time diploma of minimum 2 years after class 10th.
- For NRI & Foreign students with equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi
For U.G. Program–B. Design (Direct 2nd Year Admission):
- Candidates should have: Three-year Diploma recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Five-year Diploma in Fine Arts recognized by the State Technical Board.
- Successful completion of 1st year Degree from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT).
For U.G Diploma Program–F.A.D. + B.Sc. (FD) (In Technical Support with NIFT):
- Candidates should have graduated class 12th in any stream – Arts/Commerce/Science/Home Science including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
For P.G. Diploma Programs:
- Candidates should be a graduate in any stream (10+2+3 or equivalent).
For P.G. Diploma Program–1 Year:
- Candidates should have graduation in Fashion–3 years education in the field of fashion after 12th.
SOFT CET 2022 Exam Pattern
The admission process of SOFT is a three-tiered process. All candidates need to appear for the below-mentioned tests in order to secure admission in design programmes offered at School of Fashion Technology, Pune.
- Online Test
- Studio Test/Group Discussions
- Personal Interview
SOFT Online Test is of one and a half hour duration and maximum score one can get in the exam is 60 marks.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
SOFT CET 2022 Marking Scheme:
There is no negative marking in SOFT CET. For every correct answer, candidates are awarded a +1 mark. The distribution of marks for different admission tests conducted by SOFT are as mentioned below:
|Studio Test/Group Discussion||140|
SOFT CET 2022 Syllabus
There is no SOFT CET 2022 syllabus as defined by the college. However, by studying mock tests and past years’ papers for CET conducted by SOFT, we have compiled some pointers that aspirants need to keep in mind while appearing for SOFT CET exam.
- Some important topics aspirants can study to score well in this section are:
- Percentages and its applications
- Ratio and Its applications
- Numbers and its applications
- Geometry and its applications
The verbal/Non-verbal reasoning
- Topics one must consider studying for this section of the exam are as follows:
- Mathematical Operations
- Verification of True Statement
- Assertion & Reason
- Sequence Puzzles
- Direction Sense Test
- Series Completion
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Cause & Effect Reasoning
- Inserting the Missing Character
- Statement Assumptions
- Theme Detection
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Logical Venn Diagram
- Construction of Squares & Triangles
- Rule Detection
- Mirror Images & Water Images
- Figure Formation & Analysis
- Completing Incomplete Pattern
- Paper Folding
- Cubes & Dice
- The SOFT CET is expected to contain questions from topics such as:
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Data Structures
- Clocks and Calendars
SOFT CET 2022 Exam Admit Card
Information pertaining to the admission card is as follows:
- The admit card is an important document for the applicants to enter the exam hall / center as it works as a pass.
- Applicants will not be allowed to appear for exam without the admit card.
- You can download the admit card from the official website itself.
- Applicants have to make the use of their credentials to download the admit card.
- Applicants should always have copies of the admit card separately printed.
SOFT CET 2022 Result
SOFT CET 2022 result is published on the official website of School of Fashion Technology, Pune. The result for SOFT CET is declared in such a way that separate lists are released, that is, CET Reservation list as well as SOFT CET Merit List. The merit list for SOFT admissions is usually declared in the month of May/June each year.
Steps to Check SOFT CET 2022 Result
- Step 1: Visit the official website of School of Fashion Technology
- Step 2: Click on ‘Result’ tab
- Step 3: Download and save SOFT CET result
Candidates who make it to the merit list of SOFT CET need to confirm their admission by means of an email and thereafter pay the admission fee.
SOFT CET 2022 Counselling
The counselling for the courses is done in person and telephonically for the outstation candidates. For telephonic counselling, the outstation applicants are suggested to take prior appointment.
Placement & Internship
The campus placement activities are regularly carried out and more than 2000 students from the institute belong to UG / PG / PG DIPLOMA of various streams were placed in and around India. The campus placement offers core and dream placements for the students.
- Bombay Dyeing
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Shahi Export Private Limited
- Welspun Corp
Courses Offered via SOFT Pune Admission 2022
Given below are the courses offered through SOFT Pune.
UG Courses – B.Des
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Textile Design
- Jewellery Design
- Fashion Design and Merchandising
School Of Fashion Technology Sr.13/1/2, Narhe Ambegaon,
Opp. to Vision English Medium School,
Pune – 411041
Tell. 91 20 66833700 / 66833701
Email. [email protected],
SOFT CET 2022 FAQ
When and how will the SOFT CET 2022 registration process start?
SOFT CET application process is expected to start from the fourth week of November 2021 through online mode.
How can I make registration fee payment for SOFT CET 2022?
The registration fee payment can be made by online (debit/ credit card/ net banking) or offline (through DD) mode.
When will the SOFT CET 2021 entrance test be organized?
The entrance exam will be conducted in the third week of May 2022.
In what mode will be the SOFT CET 2022 entrance test held?
The entrance test will be held in Pen and paper mode (offline).
Is there any negative marking in the exam?
No, there is no negative marking in SOFT CET 2022.
For any other information related to SOFT CET 2022 admission, visit on soft.ac.in.