The detailed exam pattern of the NIMCET 2022 exam has been released on the official website by the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Raipur. The aspiring candidates can check the exam pattern to know the way of conduction of the exam and the details such as duration of the examination, types of questions, marking scheme mode of examination etc.
Based on the current exam pattern of NIMCET 2022 the exams will be held as a Computer Based Test or CBT. The knowledge about the exam pattern will have the candidates score well in their examination and the candidates are advised to check the syllabus as well. According to the latest information, it has been concluded that the examination will be held on May 2022 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m… To know more about the exam pattern for NIMCET 2022 read the details given below.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
NIMCET 2022 Exam Pattern
According to the latest news of the NIMCET 2022 exam pattern, the details of the examination are given below in the table.
|Exam Mode||CBT (Online Computer Based Test)|
|Question Paper Type||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks per question|
|Negative Marking||1 mark|
|Number of Questions||120 questions|
|NIMCET Total Marks||480|
NIMCET Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of the NIMCET 2022 examination and are based on the following points.
- The question paper consists of a total of 480 marks.
- The candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer.
- For every wrong answer,1 mark will be deducted.
- For an attempted question no marks are awarded or deducted.
It is advised for the candidates to attempt only those questions that they are confident about to avoid any negative marking. Since there are no marks awarded for the unattempted questions so they will be able to avoid the negative marking pretty well. In the case of negative marking, it will only apply if more than one answer indicated against a question.
NIMCET 2022 Question Weightage
There are a total of four sections including mathematics, analytical ability and logical reasoning, computer awareness and general English in the NIMCET 2022 question paper. In the mathematics section, a maximum number of questions are concluded, unlike the computer awareness section which consists of the lowest number of questions.
The given table shows the number of questions and the number of marks assigned to the different sections.
|Sections||Number of questions||Number of marks|
|Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning||40||160|
NIMCET 2022 Syllabus
It is advised for the candidates to focus on the given syllabus that was released by the NIT Raipur on the official website of NIMCET 2022. This will help the candidates to improve their marks and to prepare better for it.
The NIMCET 2022 syllabus is mentioned briefly down below:
- Mathematics- Probability and Statistics, Coordinate Geometry, Vectors, Set Theory, Trigonometry, Calculus, Algebra.
- Computer Awareness- Data Representation and Computer Basics.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning- Logical Situations and Facts given on passages.
- General English- Comprehension, Word Power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Basic English Grammar (like usage of the correct form of verbs, prepositions and articles) Technical Writing, Meaning of Words and Phrases.
Important Points of NIMCET Exam Pattern 2022
The instructions for the NIMCET 2022 exam pattern are mentioned below.
- The candidates are prohibited to bring any paper for rough work.
- The candidates will be provided with a test booklet which they can use for rough work and calculation.
- The examination will be held as a Computer Based Test.
- The candidates must attempt the easy questions first followed by the doubtful ones
- For unattempted questions, no marks will be deducted or rewarded
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for every incorrect answer 1 marks will be deducted
- Each question will consist of four choices from which the candidates have to choose the correct one.
NIMCET 2022 Exam Pattern Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Will I be allowed to carry a calculator to the NIMCET exam centre?
No, any type of electronic devices such as mobile phones, pages, calculators, etc are not allowed inside the exam centre of NIMCET 2022.
Will there be any break between the duration of the examination of NIMCET?
No, between the exam duration there will be no permitted breaks.
Is there any negative marking scheme in the NIMCET exam pattern?
Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
What are the compulsory subjects for the NIMCET 2022 exam?
The compulsory subjects include Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, General English, Computer Awareness, and Mathematics. This is an entrance exam for admission to the MCA course.
Is it mandatory to attempt every question of NIMCET?
No, it’s its not mandatory to attempt every question in the entrance examination of NIMCET 2022.