The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the NEET Exam Pattern 2024 along with the information brochure soon in the coming days. It is expected that the NEET 2024 exam pattern will be the same as the previous year according to the exam officials. The NEET 2024 exam pattern is prepared to choose the finest applicants for the medical and allied programs. The applicants who want to perform well in NEET must be well aware and familiar with the exam pattern of NEET 2024. The information available in the exam pattern are exam mode, exam duration, medium, and marking scheme, etc.
As per NEET Exam Pattern 2024, the OMR sheet will be given to the applicants to select their answers. Therefore, the students need to understand every detail about the marking process of the OMR sheet. With the help of the NEET Exam Pattern 2024, the students can get to know the total number of questions covered in each section. Scroll down the article to get complete details about the NEET 2024 exam pattern and other important details.
Table of Contents
NEET Exam Pattern 2024 Highlights
|NEET Exam frequency||Once in a Year|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Test that is offline mode|
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions asked in NEET Exam||180 Questions|
|Maximum Marks||720 Marks|
|No. of questions covered in each section||Physics- 45, Chemistry- 45, Biology- 90 (Botany- 45, Zoology- 45)|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks assigned for each right answer, 1 marks deducted for each wrong answer|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Language options in NEET||11 languages: English, Marathi, Gujarati Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Oriya, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, and Assamese|
NEET Exam Pattern 2024
The information available in the exam pattern are exam mode, exam duration, medium, and marking scheme, etc. Refer to the following points given below stating the NEET exam pattern in a detailed manner:
- Exam Mode: The exam is a pen-paper test and will be held in offline mode.
- Question Type: The question asked in the paper is of objective type. There will be a total of four optional answers for each question. The applicants need to select the right response only.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam will be of three hours (2:00 to 5:00 PM).
- Number of Question: There will be a single-question paper that contains a total no of 180 questions.
- Subjects: There will be four sections in the question paper that are Chemistry, Physics, Botany, and Zoology.
- Question Paper Language: The medium of the question paper is English, Marathi, Gujarati Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Oriya, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, and Assamese.
NEET 2024 Subject Wise Exam Pattern
The candidates need to know the subject-wise exam pattern of NEET 2024. The section-wise distribution of marks in a detailed manner is mentioned below in the following points.
|Subject||Total No of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||45||180|
NEET Marking Scheme 2024
The NEET 2024 marking scheme is discussed below in the following points:
- Marking Scheme: There will four marks assigned for each question. For each correct response, there will be a total of four marks will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: Negative marking will be there for the wrong answer. There will be a deduction of one mark for each wrong answer.
- Maximum Marks: There will be a total of 720 marks available in the question paper.
- A Blue/Black ballpoint pen needs to be used by the applicants to select the response.
- In case the applicants choose multiple answers for a single question then it will be considered wrong and it will result in negative marking.
Languages/Medium for NEET 2024
|NEET Languages||NEET Examination Cities|
|English, Hindi, and Urdu||All States and Cities|
|Telugu||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana|
|Bengali||West Bengal and Tripura|
|Gujarati||Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
The NEET 2024 exam will be held in 11 different languages. The applicants will get the option to select the language of NEET 2024 from English, Hindi, and Urdu in all the available enters. In case, if the applicant has selected a vernacular medium, then the allotment of the center will be done accordingly.
Important points to remember while marking the OMR sheet
- A ballpoint pen needs to be used to mark the answers for each question in the OMR Sheet
- If the candidate damages or erases any kind of details available on the OMR sheet is considered punishable.
- The modification of response on the OMR sheet is restricted in the exam hall
- The applicant must remember to select the test booklet code on the OMR sheet.
- Candidates must note they are allowed to do rough work only on the test booklet
Important Topics for NEET 2024
The candidates need to make an effective study plan to clear the NEET cut-off. They need to choose the topics from all the sections that have got higher marks weightage. Refer to the following list given below to know the most relevant topics from each section.
Important Topics in Physics for NEET
6 important topics in the Physics paper can help you in scoring well in the exam. The questions related to both, theoretical and application-based questions can be asked from the following topics.
|Electrodynamics||Modern Physics||KTG & Thermodynamics|
|Rigid Body Dynamics||Semi-Conductors||Wave Optics|
Important Topics in Chemistry for NEET
In the previous years, there has been a variation of a question asked in the Chemistry paper. The Questions covered in this section are from the Class XII syllabus. The question related to Organic Chemistry is asked more than Inorganic Chemistry. Therefore the students are advised to prepare well for each of the topics before they appear for NEET 2024.
|Chemical Bonding||Carbonyl Compounds|
|Organic Chemistry- I||Coordination Compounds|
Important Topics in Biology for NEET
The students must know that they can easily prepare for the biology section as a major portion of the questions is asked from NCERT Book. The topics covered both Zoology and Botany is mentioned in the following table
|Plant Anatomy||Endocrine System||Excretory and Nervous System||Digestive System|
|Pollination||PAGE Theory||Photosynthesis||DNA Replication|
Important Points to Remember while Choosing the Medium of NEET 2024:
- In the application form of NEET 2024, the question paper need to be selected
- The selected medium of the exam cannot be modified or changed.
- The applicants who have selected the medium of the exam as English will get the Test Booklet in the English language only
- The applicants who have selected medium of the exam as other languages will get the Bilingual Test Booklet, they will receive selected preference of language along with English
- The candidates must note that the NEET Question paper English version will be considered as final if there is any confusion in any type of question translation.
How is NEET Score Calculated?
- The applicants will get 4 marks for every right answer, and there is a deduction of 1 mark for every incorrect response.
- NEET Score = (4 X Right answers) – (1 X Wrong Response)
- The normalization process is adopted to eliminate the difficulty level that varies in each of the question papers in different sessions of exams.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No, there is no sectional time limit to attempt any section in NEET 2024
There is a total of 180 questions is asked in the examination. There will be three sections in the examination. There will be 45 questions each asked in both Physics and Chemistry sections. There will be a total of 90 questions asked in the biology section
According to the official NEET 2024 marking scheme, For each correct response, there will be a total of four marks will be allotted. There will be a deduction of one mark for each wrong answer.
Yes, Negative Marking for wrong answers will be there in the exam. For each correct response, there will be a total of four marks will be allotted. There will be a deduction of one mark for each wrong answer.
No, the exam is likely to be held in offline mode only.