The NEET 2023 official notification is yet to announce, it is expected that the notification may release anytime on April 2023. As per the sources, NEET 2023 Exam Date has been announced and the exam will be held on July 2023.
NEET 2023 which stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is eligibility as well as an entrance test to get admission in UG and PG medical courses such as MBBS, MD, MS, BDS, and MDS in several governments, aided, and non-aided colleges/ universities.
Table of Contents
Latest Updates for NEET UG 2023
The NEET 2023 official notification is yet to announce, it is expected that the notification may release anytime on April 2023.
As per the sources, NEET 2023 Exam Date has been announced. The exam will be held on July 2023.
NEET is considered one of the toughest exams out of all medical examinations. NEET is conducted by the agency NTA ( National Testing Agency). Till now, NEET is conducted only once a year by NTA. But in near future, it may be expected to conduct it twice a year.
The candidates who want to take admission in medical courses from reputed colleges/universities will have to fill this form. NTA offers around 63,835 seats for different medical courses through NEET exam. Through the NEET score, candidates will able to apply for 15% of seats in each college. The rest of the 85% seats will be distributed as per the policy of the State Government.
All the details regarding the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2023 have been provided in the article below. Candidates must read it thoroughly.
Nowadays, there is also a doubt arising among the candidates regarding the exam pattern of NEET 2023 as CBSE has decreased the whole syllabus of Intermediate by 30%. However the Education Minister of India, DR. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, has contacted to NTA and given direction to examine the situation and provide the revised pattern for the NEET 2023 exam. It is requested by the students to the authorities to conduct the NEET exam twice a year in online mode. But if there will any changes in the exam pattern entertained by the authority then it will be announced with the official notification brochure. Till then, candidates are advised to continue their preparation on behalf of the previous year’s pattern.
Will NEET Be Held Twice in 2023?
Recently a very popular Indian news network, NDTV, had aired a program on their TV news channel regarding NEET UG 2022. In this program, Anchor Nidhi Razdan had shared some key points whatever the Education Minister had communicated about whether NEET will be held twice in the year 2022 or not. As per the information reported by the news channel, it is hinted by Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ about the conduction of medical entrance exam i.e. NEET could be held twice. However, No official confirmation commenced by the officials yet. So everyone is waiting for the Notification of NEET 2023.
NEET 2023 Highlights
|Name of Test||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2023|
|Popularly Known As||NEET 2023|
|Test Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Test Mode||Pen-Paper Based Test i.e. Offline Mode|
|Test Duration||180 minutes|
|Programs Offered||Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Bachelor in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & AH) AYUSH courses – BHMS, BAMS, BUMS, BSNS, BYNS.|
|Minimum Academic Qualification||Intermediate or equivalent with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)|
|Colleges||AYUSH- 914 Medical- 542 Dental- 313 BVSc & AH- 47 AIIMS- 15 JIPMER- 2|
|Seat intake||MBBS- 80,055 AYUSH- 52,720 BDS- 26,949 Veterinary Sciences- 525|
|Medium of Test||English, Marathi, Odia, Kannada, Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, Urdu, Telegu, and Assamese|
|Number of Application Accepted (2020)||15.97 lakh|
|Number of Applicants appeared (2020)||13.66 lakh|
|Number of qualified Applicants (2020)||7.71 lakh|
|Helpline Number||8076535482, 7703859909|
NEET 2023 Exam Dates
Since the official notification is yet to announce so the dates are also not confirmed yet. But here we have provided the expected dates regarding important events for NEET 2023. Here we will provide the exact dates after the release of the official notification of NEET 2023.
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|NEET 2023 Notification Releasing Date||December 2022|
|NEET 2023 Application starts from||April 2023|
|NEET 2023 Application ends on||April 2023|
|NEET 2023 Correction window open from||May 2023|
|NEET 2023 Admit card releasing date||June 2023|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||July 2023|
|NEET 2023 Availability date of Answer key||July 2023|
|NEET 2023 Declaration of Result||August 2023|
|NEET 2023 Counselling starts from||August 2023|
Note– The official dates for NEET 2023 of all the important events are yet to be released. The above-given dates are tentative, the above column with exact dates will be updated very soon once the officials will release the dates for the same.
Why NEET 2023 Application Release Date Delayed So Much?
NEET 2023 application process is being delayed due to the inconvenience that had arisen for last year’s NEET session (due to the pandemic- COVID-19). Consequently, lots of delays and postponements are being arisen in all the medical entrance exam academic calendars.
According to the recent updates, Education Minister DR. Ramesh Pokhriyal considered the statement of the NEET 2023 exam date, admission procedure but still, there is no official schedule is available yet.
NEET 2023 Application Form
NEET 2023 application process is expected to start in April 2023. Applicants will able to access the NEET 2023 Application form from the official website of NEET. Here we have provided a step-wise procedure to fill the online form for NEET 2023.
- Step 1: Registration Process – First of all go to the chrome browser and open the official website of NEET. After visiting the website, you will have to find the link for the ‘NEET 2023 application form’, click on the link, and register yourself on the official website of NEET with a valid and active phone number and email ID.
- Step 2: Filling the Application Form – After the registration process, applicants will have to enter all the required details such as personal details, choice of medium of paper, contact details, academic details, and three preferred test center by the applicants.
- Step 3: Uploading of Documents – After filling all the details in the application form, applicants will have to upload a passport size photograph, a left-hand thumb impression, signature, class X certificate, Category certificate (for reserve category), PwD certificated, etc. format followed by the guidelines of NTA.
- Step 4: Payment of Application Fee – After uploading the documents, applicants need to pay the NEET 2023 application fee according to their category.
- Step 5: Submit Form – The second last and the most important step is to preview, save, and submit the NEET application form.
- Step 6: Take Printout – After submitting the application form, it is very important to take a digital hard copy of the Application fee, and Application form for all future references.
Details of Application Fee
- The application fee of NEET 2023 will be payable in online mode through various online payment options like Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking /UPI (Unified Payment Interface) using State Bank of India/ICICI Bank/Syndicate Bank/HDFC Bank/Paytm service provider.
- The category-wise application fee is given below for different categories.
NEET 2023 Application Fee
|OBC Candidates||Rs. 1,500/-|
|General (EWS) Candidates||Rs 1400/-|
|OBC-NCL Candidates||Rs 1400/-|
|SC Candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|ST Candidates||Rs. 800/-|
|PH Candidates||Rs. 800/-|
NEET 2023 Document Specifications
|Documents||Specifications||Specification for tool||Size||Format|
|Passport size picture||The photo must be recent with clear background Photographs should not be with caps or goggles. Preferably with the name and date of taking the photograph. 80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background||4.25 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI||50 kb – 300 kb||JPG|
|Signature||White Background Sign with a black pen The signature must not be in capital letters.||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI||4 Kb – 30 Kb||JPG|
|Photograph||Latest photograph White background 80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI||10 Kb – 200 Kb||JPG|
|Left-hand thumb impression||In case of any eventuality of left-hand thumb being unavailable, a right-hand thumb impression may be used Blue ink on white paper||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI||10 kb – 50 kb||JPG|
|Class 10 passing certificate||The candidate should scan his/her Class X Passing Certificate for uploading||2.5 x 3.5 inches with 72 DPI||100 kb – 400 kb||JPG|
NEET 2023 Application Correction
All those candidates who will be successfully registered themselves for the NEET 2023, will get a chance to modify/ correct their details (If Needed). The application form correction window will be opened tentatively in May 2023. Candidates will able to modify the changes through online mode only.
Details that can be corrected in NEET application form
Corrections/ Modifications will be entertained in some specific details only, the name of these details will be provided on the official website. The details in which modification may be entertained are-
- Personal details
- Academic details of Class 10, 11 and 12
- Place of birth
- Details of parents
- The medium of question paper
- Preference of exam center
- Permanent and communication address
- Dress code
All the other information regarding editable and non-editable details will be provided on the official website of NEET. Also, candidates will be notified of the correction on their registered phone number & mail-id.
NEET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed Intermediate class or its equivalent with 50% aggregate marks (40% marks for unreserved/ ST/SC/OBC category and 45% marks for PWD candidates) and have taken Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, Physics, and English as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- Candidates who have studied abroad till the class 12th level qualification and now they are wishing to apply for medical courses from India must have passed class 12th with Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, Physics & English with aggregate 50% marks recognized by AIU as per MCI regulations.
- Those Students who are now appearing in the Intermediate exams this year can also apply for NEET.
- As per the regulation framed by officials, the Indian Nationals/ NRIs/ PIO/ OCI/ Foreign nationals candidates can apply for admission in various Medical/ Dental institutions through NEET.
- Foreign nationals candidates will have to verify their eligibility conditions from the respective Dental college or Medical college of the state.
- The migrants of Jammu and Kashmir can also apply under the 15% All India Quota based on self-declaration only.
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 17 years while admission time or before 31st December of the admission year.
- There is no upper age limit defined by the authority i.e. candidates of any age above 17 years can apply for the NEET.
No. of Attempts :
- There is no limit boundation for the no. of attempts i.e. anyone can give many no. of attempts as per their wish.
NEET 2023 All India Quota Seats
All over the country, at all medical colleges, 3 types of seats are. Out of all 3 types of available seats, one type is an admission by NEET and these seats are called NEET AIQ (All India Quota) seats.
In this AIQ, 15% of the total seats will get reserved under this quota. Candidates who are willing to take admission in the desired medical colleges of the country through NEET score are competing for this 15% of AIQ seats. This is one of the most common reasons for high competition in the NEET Exam.
National Testing Agency, responsible to conduct NEET has been set the reservation criteria for this 15% of AIQ seats. Details of the provided reservation are mentioned below in the table.
|OBC||As per the Central Act, 27% of seats are reserved for NCL-OBC candidates in Central Educational Institutions only.|
|SC||For SC category candidates, 15% of seats are reserved.|
|ST||For ST category candidates, 7.5% of seats are reserved.|
|PH||For Physically Handicapped candidates, on a horizontal basis, 5% of seats are reserved.|
NEET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of NEET 2023 is as follows, applicants who are willing to apply for the NEET exam this year can check the exam pattern.
- Mode of Paper: offline i.e. Pen and paper mode.
- Type of Questions: Objective Type (Multiple Choice Questions)
- The number of Questions: 180 questions
- Total Sections: 3 (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Time Duration: 3 hours
- Total Marks: 720 marks
- Language: Hindi, English, Bengali, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Assamese, Urdu, and Kannada.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every right answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be subtracted for each wrong answer.
Subject-wise Distribution of Marks
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Biology (Botany and zoology)||90 (45 – 45 each)||360|
|Total||180 questions||720 marks|
NEET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of NEET is comprised of 3 sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Zoology & Botany) and the level of the questions questioned in the test are from Class 11 & 12.
- The weightage of the Physics section is about 25% in the NEET. Candidates have to read 10 Units from the class 11th book and 11 Units from the class 12th book.
- The weightage of the Chemistry section is about 25% in NEET. Candidates have to cover a maximum of 14 units from class 11th book and 16 units from class 12th book.
- The weightage of the Biology section is about 50% in NEET. Biology is divided into two sections namely, Botany and Zoology. Candidates have to cover 5-5 units from class 11th & 12th book.
The important topics from each section are given below from Class 11 & 12 books:
Class XI Syllabus
- Some basic concepts of Chemistry
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- States of Matter: Gases and liquids
- Structure of atom
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure
- s-Block elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Some p-Block elements
- Redox reactions
- Organic Chemistry – Some basic principles and techniques
- Environmental chemistry
Class XII Syllabus
- Chemical Kinetics
- P Block elements
- Surface Chemistry
- D and F block elements
- Alcohols, Phenols, Ethers
- General principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Biomolecules, Polymers, and Chemistry in everyday life
Class XI Syllabus
Cell Structure and Function
- Diversity in the Living World
- Human physiology
- Structural Organisation – Plants and Animals
- Plant Physiology
Class XII Syllabus
- Biology and Human welfare
- Genetics and Evolution
- Ecology and environment
- Biotechnology and its applications
NEET 2023 Physics Syllabus
Class XI Syllabus
- Physical-world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic theory
- The motion of systems of particles and rigid body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Oscillations and wave
Class XII Syllabus
- Electro statistics
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
NEET 2023 Exam Centres
At the time of filling the NEET application process, candidates will be asked to choose 3 exam centers as per their own preference of the city. The exam center allowed for NEET is based on the preferences chosen by the candidates. If a candidate wants to choose their exam center then will have to give a chance for the same at the time of correction of the application form. After filling the correction form, no chance will be entertained to the candidates to change their exam centers.
At the selected exam center, an option will be given to the candidates to write the paper in their vernacular language out of the optional languages offered by the NTA.
The name of the states and no. of exam centers in the respective state for NEET are given below in the table.
|State||Number of NEET 2023 Exam Centers|
|Jammu & Kashmir||99|
|Dadar & Nagar Haveli||5|
|Daman & Diu||2|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||2|
- Test Centres in Tamil Nadu: The Supreme Court has dismissed the request to increase the no. of centers for NEET Tamil Nadu for 2023. Candidates that come from Tamil Nadu have to go to exam centers in Kerala.
Rules and Regulations
There are some rules and regulations that are to be followed by the candidates at the exam center.
In the instruction issued by the NTA, candidates have to wear half sleeve light-colored clothes. Such clothes which have huge buttons/ brooches/ badges/ any other kind of decorative accessories are not allowed to wear. In footwear, sandals or slippers are allowed only.
Candidates who used to wear such clothes like the burqa/ turban, etc. due to religious reasons then they must report to the exam center within one hour of the reporting time.
Carry an ID card:
Candidates have to carry an Identity card to the exam center. The Supreme court clarified that only an Aadhar card is not mandatory to carry, candidates may carry their desired Identity card.
Metal Detectors in Exam Centres:
For security reasons, the metal detector will be used for checking. For per hundred candidates, one detector will be allowed to the exam centers.
NEET 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates have to plan their preparation very well to crack the NEET exam. So here are going to discuss some preparation tips and strategy that how to be prepared for the exam. Follow these tips, we guaranteed you that you will perform well.
- Knowing the exam pattern and syllabus: First of all, go to the official website, and download the information brochure, read the brochure thoroughly. It will give you an idea about the exam pattern and exam need. Then again visit the website and download the latest syllabus of NEET 2023 to gather information about the syllabus, important topics, etc.
- Sample Papers: Cover the whole syllabus in one go first and then try to solve sample papers. Sample papers and mock tests are the most important key to crack any exam. Practice all the questions thoroughly, considering that you are giving your NEET 2023 exam to perform best. Follow these and you will find a drastic change in your preparation.
- Books: Books play an important role in your preparation. You must have to choose the right resources. We recommended going with the NCERT books and it will cover your whole syllabus of NEET. If you can access then buy a study material which is considered the best in the market.
- Time Management: To crack any exam, time management skill is very important to have. Candidates first have to make a proper timetable for study and then it should be followed rigorously. Divide the time for study to read any particular topic in a fixed time to cover the syllabus. Then give a proper time to revision also. Fixed your separate day time to attempt mock tests at a particular time every day.
- Revision: The last but not least advice is to revise, revise, and revise. This part can make or break your preparation. Because when you read anything one time only then it goes into your temporary mind. But you revise the same thing multiple times then it goes down deeper into your subconscious mind. So revision is the ultimate key to remember anything.
Online Resources for NEET Preparation
If you are preparing for NEET 2023 then we have provided below some of the best online resources for you. You can take help from any of the resources.
- Physics Galaxy
- AskIITians – IIT JEE, NEET, CAT, CBSE, ICSE Prep
- Biology NEET Inspection
- Khan Academy
- Pre-PG Prep: NEET, AIIMS-MCQs, NEET PG Test Series
- Career Point
- Aakash iTutor: NEET & IIT-JEE
- Darwin – NEET 2023 Preparation
- NEET Practice
- Exam Fear Education
NEET 2023 Reference Books
Here we have recommended the best book resources for the preparation of NEET 2023. All these books will be helpful in your preparation.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Objective Physics||D. C. Pandey|
|Fundamental Physics||Pradeep Publications|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd and by MS Chouhan|
|The Concept of Physics||H. C. Verma|
|Complete NEET Guide for Physics||MTG Editorial Board|
|Complete NEET Guide for Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
|Physical Chemistry||OP Tandon|
NEET National Testing Abhyas
NTA has released a National Test Abhyas app for the candidates preparing for NEET 2023. The app contains section-wise as well as a full-length mock test for the candidates preparing for NEET 2023. Every candidate is advised to practice these mock tests for NEET 2023 because these mock tests are prepared by the expert panel based on the NEET pattern and syllabus.
By practicing all kinds of mock tests, you can analyze your mistakes, that where you are lacking. Also, these tests will help you to gain confidence for the upcoming NEET exam as you would already familiar with the test pattern. By practicing mocks you will learn time management, how to tackle the question, etc. that will be helpful for you as per the exam perspective.
NEET Admit Card 2023
The admit card for NEET 2023 will be released officially on the official website of NTA on a fixed schedule decided by NTA. Candidates will need to enter their login credentials wherever required.
- Candidates who have successfully registered themselves on the official website will be able to access the admit card issued by NTA.
- Candidates have to log in with their credentials to download the NEET 2023 admit card on the official website of NTA.
- All NEET candidates must take a hard copy of the admit card as it is the most important document.
- The admit card of NTA NEET 2023 will contain details like the candidate’s name, the candidate’s DOB, roll no., time, exam date, exam center details, important instructions, etc.
Documents to be carried out at the Exam Center
Candidates have to carry necessary documents as per the instructions given in the instruction section of the Admit card.:
- One passport size photo.
- NTA NEET 2023 Admit Card.
- Original Identity proof, PwD certificate (if applicable).
NEET 2023 Answer Key
After the conduction of NEET, several popular coaching centers such as Allen Kota, Aakash, Resonance, etc. release their own answer key for NEET. So candidates can check their answers with those unofficial answer keys provided by different coaching centers.
At the prior fixed schedule, NTA will release the official answer key on the website of NTA. The official answer key will be released in pdf format and it can be downloadable. So candidates are advised to download the official answer key and then match their answer sheet with those answers to predict their approximate marks.
How to download the NEET 2023 answer key?
- Go to the official website and click on the available link for NEET 2023 answer key.
- Click on the link and download the pdf of the provided answer key.
- Once you click on the link, the pdf of the answer key will appear on the screen.
- Now candidates have to verify their question paper code.
- Now match the questions with their provided answer from the NTA NEET OMR sheet.
Candidates can challenge the official answer key if they found any discrepancy in the marked solutions/ answers. To object, candidates have to choose that particular question along with the proper explanation for the reason to object. To challenge the answer key candidates have to pay the charge for the objection of Rs. 1000 in online mode.
After analyzing the objections, the officials will make changes in the answer key if required and then release a final answer key that cannot be challenged in any case. The final result will be evaluated on behalf of this final answer key.
NTA 2023 Result
The final release of NEET will be announced on the official website of NTA i.e. ntaneet.nic.in. in the form of pdf. To access the result, candidates have to fill in the details first such as NTA NEET roll no., DoB, captcha code as given. To get admission for 15% AIQ (All India Quota), 85% state quota, and 100 % seats in several deemed universities or central universities or self-governed universities, or ESIC/ AFMS institutes, the NTA NEET result will be beneficial.
Through the NEET score, candidates will have a key to get admission for 1,899 AIIMS and 249 JIPMER MBBS seats depending on their rank.
How to download the NEET result?
- First of all, go to the NTA website and click on the available link for “NEET 2023 result declared”.
- Now you have to log in there using credentials such as your NEET Roll no. and DoB.
- After login, the details, the sheet of NEET result 2023 will appear.
- Now candidates will have to download the result and must have to print the digital hard copy of the result.
Details mentioned in NEET result
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s roll number
- 15% AIQ rank
- NEET score
- Overall rank
- Subject-wise NEET percentile
- All India Rank (AIR)
- Category wise rank
NEET 2023 Cutoff Marks
Officials of exam conducting authority fixed the cutoff percentile every year for 15% AIQ. However, final cutoff marks vary against this percentile. The cutoff marks for NEET 2023 will be declared after the release of the NEET 2023 result. Candidates will able to check the cut off officially from the official website of NTA.
NEET Past Year Cut Offs
|NEET Cut Off||2019||2018||2017||2016||2015|
- 10% of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the General (EWS) category.
- 15% of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the SC category.
- 7.5% of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the ST category.
- 27% of reserved for candidates belonging to the OBC category.
NEET Minimum Qualifying Criteria
|Category||Minimum NEET percentile required||NEET 2020 cutoff scores||NEET 2023 cutoff scores|
|General/General-EWS||50%||720-147||To be announced|
|Benchmark Disabilities – UR/GEN-EWS||45%||146-129||To be announced|
|OBC||40%||146-113||To be announced|
|SC||40%||146-113||To be announced|
|ST||40%||146-113||To be announced|
|Benchmark Disabilities – SC/ST/OBC-NCL||40%||128-113||To be announced|
NEET 2023 Counselling
After the release of the NEET 2023 score, the candidate will call for counseling to get admission to different medical colleges. Candidates will have to choose a college of their choice at the time of counseling. However, the final allotment of seats will be decided based on marks secured in the NEET.
The centralized counseling will be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOHFW ) on behalf of the NEET score. It is expected that NEET Counselling will be started in the second half of June 2023 in online mode.
Some points to keep in mind:
- For admission, MCC and AYUSH Central Counselling Committee will announce the official notification for the NEET counseling process on mcc.nic.in and aaccc.gov.in respectively.
- Under 15% AIQ (All India Quota), NTA will send a list of successful candidates (for the allotment of seats in MBBS and BDS courses in a reputed central institution such as AIIMS/ AFMC/ JIPMER/ ESIC/ Delhi University/ BHU/ AMU and Deemed Universities) to the Medical Examination Cell.
- Other than 15% AIQ (All India Quota), the authorities will release a merit list (prepared based on All India Rank and Cutoff) for the admission and counseling process.
Documents Needed at the time of Counseling
Qualified candidates will have to register themselves for the counseling process, they have to choose and lock their choice of colleges and then have to present their attendance at the allotted college. At the allotted college, for document verification, candidates have to submit their original as well as photocopies of the documents. The list of needed documents are-
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- NEET Admit Card
- 8 Passport size photograph
- NEET Rank Card/ Rank Letter
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- Identity Proof, etc
Top 11 Medical Colleges that Accept NEET Scores
|Sr. No.||NIRF ranking||Institute/University Name||NEET 2020 closing rank||Total number of seats|
|1||1||All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi||51||107|
|2||6||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi||19801||163|
|3||8||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry||20143||249|
|4||10||King’s George Medical University, Lucknow||1800||250|
|5||15||Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh||4636||150|
|6||16||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, New Delhi||1550||100|
|7||17||Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||90||300|
|8||19||University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||324||170|
|9||25||Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh||776||150|
|10||35||Rajah Muthiah Medical College, Annamalainagar||15038||150|
|11||38||Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati||11604||175|
NEET 2023 Seat Matrix
|Sr. No.||Type of Institute||Number of Institutes||Number of Seats|
|1||Medical colleges||542||80,055 MBBS seats*|
|2||AYUSH colleges||914||52,720 AYUSH courses seats|
|3||Dental colleges||313||26, 949 BDS seats*|
|5||Veterinary science colleges||47||525 BVSc & AH seats*|
NEET 2023 Seat Matrix for Top MBBS Institutes
|Institute Name||Total MBBS Seats|
|Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi||100|
|Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh||150|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||250|
|King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||250|
|JSS Medical College, Mysuru||200|
|VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||170|
|St. John’s Medical College, Bengaluru||150|
NEET 2023 Seat Matrix for BDS Institutes
|Institute Name||Total BDS Seats|
|Mahatma Gandhi PG Institute of Dental Sciences, Puducherry||40|
|Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi||50|
|Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Delhi||50|
|Govt. Dental College & Hospital, Jaipur||50|
|Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital, Bengaluru||60|
|Faculty of Dental Sciences, BHU||63|
|Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Rohtak||100|
NEET 2020 Toppers
The details of last year’s top 10 toppers of NTA NEET 2020 are given below in the table. Interested candidates can check the details to get an idea about the highest marks scored by the toppers.
|Air Rank||Candidate’s Name||Percentile Score||Marks obtained||Gender||Category||State|
|6||Guthi Chaitanya Sindhu||99.9995611||715||Female||UR||Andhra Pradesh|
|8||Srijan R||99.9985369||710||Male||OBC (NC)||Tamil Nadu|
Courses Offered Through NEET 2023
- Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS).
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (Herbal and homeopathic medicine) (BHMS).
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Allopathic Medicine) (MBBS).
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery(Unani medicine should know Urdu) (BUMS).
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (Ayurvedic medicine or Indian medicine) (BAMS).
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy) (B.Pth).
- Specialization in Siddha medicine.
- Specialization in Yoga and Naturopathy
NEET 2023 FAQs
What is the official website for NEET?
The official website of NTA NEET is ntaneet.nic.in.
Who conducts the NEET examination?
National Testing Agency conducts the NEET exam.
Why is the NEET exam conducted?
The purpose of the NEET exam is to provide admission in UG and PG medical courses such as MBBS, MD, MS, BDS, MDS in several governments, aided, and non-aided colleges/ universities.
When will NEET 2023 exam will be conducted?
It is expected that the application window for NEET 2023 will open from the end of January 2023. After the activation of the Application window, the application will be accepted.
What is the minimum age to apply for NEET?
To apply for NEET, the minimum age of candidates should be 17 years.