NATA 2023 is anticipated to be held by the Council of Architecture in the second week of April 2023. National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by the Council Of Architecture. Candidates can get admission into private & government-aided colleges or institutions across the country. For those who want to brighten their career in architecture, this is one of the best choices.
NATA 2023 (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) will occur in the first session of April 2023 and the second session of the 1st week of July. The evaluation of students seeking admission to the Bachelor of Architecture program in colleges across India is governed by the Architecture Council.
- Candidates who appear or have passed class 12 with marks of at least 50 percent are eligible for the exam. Moreover, in PCM subjects at least 50%.
- For General, OBC, and EWS, the application fee is INR 2000, and for SC and ST candidates INR 1500 application fee is applicable. Applicants who choose Dubai as their site have to pay an extra INR 8000.
- Applicants may arrive at one or both sessions.
- NATA 2023 Admit Card will be issued separately for both sessions.
- According to the NATA 2023 Exam Pattern, a 3-hour online test with 60 MCQs of 2 marks (Mathematics and General Aptitude), and 2 Drawing questions for 40 marks each will take place.
- NATA Syllabus includes general ability, drawing, and basic mathematics.
Table of Contents
NATA 2023 Overview
Here we discuss the key points regarding NATA 2023 that applicants should be aware of.
|Name of Exam||National Aptitude Test in Architecture||Conducted by the Council of Architecture|
|Type of Exam||University Level Entrance Test||For admissions to 5 Year B.Arch Programmes|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes||Initial 60 Minutes for Part A, Last 120 MInutes for Part B|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)||Part A: Mathematics and General Aptitude (60 Questions) Part B: Drawing Test (2 Questions)|
The official NATA 2023 Examination Dates have yet to be released, but the comprehensive examination schedule will be released along with the application forms being issued. The provisional dates are listed in the table below:
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Phase 1||Phase 2|
|Release of information bulletin||3rd week of January||3rd week of January|
|Commencement of online application form||4th week of January||4th week of January|
|Last Date of registration||2nd week of March||3rd week of June|
|Last Date to Upload Image||3rd week of March||3rd week of June|
|Last Date for Payment Fee||3rd week of March||3rd week of June|
|Correction Window||2nd week to 3rd week of March||3rd week to 4th week of June|
|Release of Admit Card||1st week of April||4th week of June|
|Exam Day & Time||2nd week of April||1st week of July|
|Announcement of Results||1st week of May||2nd week of July|
Applicants are advised to go through the information provided below in order to complete the registration process.
- The registration form must be completed on the NATA portal in online mode.
- The application process for NATA 2023 starts in the third week of January 2023.
- Applicants will have to provide information such as personal data, uploading documents and payment of fees.
- Applicants must print the confirmation page produced upon submission of fee.
- The paper copy of any document must not be submitted to the official authority.
- Applicants should review all details carefully when filling out the application form. Applicants will only be given one-time chance to correct their personal data.
NATA 2023 Application Process
This section will allow an applicant to register for NATA 2023 by leading them through the stepwise process. The measures for exam registration are set out below:
Step 1: NATA 2023 Filling out the Registration and Application Form
- Sign in to NATA’s Official Website and press ‘Apply Online’
- An applicant will fill in his / her biographical information
- Click on the Registration button to fill out the form.
Stage 2: Documents and photos to upload
- Submit a passport size photograph recently taken in color.
- At minimum 75 percent of the photograph will cover the candidate’s face.
- Applicants will also upload their fingerprint and signature of their left hand. You might like to check COMEDK UGET 2023 examination.
Stage 3: Application fee Payment
- The registration fee will be charged online via a credit card or debit card, or even via Net Banking.
- Applicants who make a payment via the card must have an expiry date and the CVV with the card no.
- Applicants who want to pay through Net Banking will be forwarded to the site of the respective bank where the account details are examined and transaction accepted.
- Stage 4: Validation of Form Submission
- Once the payment of the candidates is completed they are redirected to the approval section.
- It is recommended that the confirmation page be kept for future reference.
- A correction window will be opened just in case of any mistake made by the candidates.
The registration fee can be paid through online mode using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
Here, we have provided the registration fee for all categories:
|General candidates||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|General candidates||Rs. 4000/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 3000/-|
Those applicants who would like to appear from test centers outside of India need to pay the respective fee for both sessions:
|For one session||Rs. 10,000/-|
|For both sessions||Rs. 18,000/-|
|SBAIEE||COMEDK UGET||JEE Advanced AAT|
Applicants should review the following eligibility criteria:
- Qualification: The applicant should pass an examination scheme of 10+2.
- Necessary Percentage: Applicants must have at least 50 50 percent aggregate marks of physics, chemistry, and mathematics and also, in aggregate, at least 50 percent marks of 10 + 2 or 10 + 3 diploma of the Mathematics as a compulsory subject, with an aggregate score of at least 50 percent.
- Appearing Applicants: Applicants presenting for the 10 + 2 exam in the current year may also be provisionally identified in the examination.
Note: No direct lateral entry is permitted on the basis of any qualification at any other year/stage of the B.Arch Course.
NATA 2023 Exam Pattern
It is recommended that applicants be careful with the NATA 2023 Exam Pattern. It allows them have a stable mind and make them just learn what they need and not waste precious time.
- The paper will consist of 3 sections, i.e. Math, Drawing & General Aptitude
- Time Duration Section-wise: Applicants would be provided 60 minutes to attempt Part-A (aptitude section) problems, and 120 minutes to attempt Part-B (i.e. drawing section). You might like to check the DASA UG 2023 examination.
- Marking Scheme: Every correct response shall be 2 marks
- Negative Marking: No marks are deducted for wrong answer.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be administered via online mode.
- Duration of the Exam: Applicants are given 180 minutes to solve the test paper.
- Total Questions: The examination will bring a total of 60 questions and the test paper will be of 200 marks.
- Question Type: Mathematics & General Aptitude questions will be multiple-choice questions.
NATA 2023 Sectional Exam Pattern
The aptitude consists of two parts Part A and Part B:
|Subjects||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
NATA 2023 Syllabus
Council of Architecture defines the syllabus for architecture aptitude test.
Part A: Mathematics and General Aptitude Test
|Algebra||Permutation and Combination|
|Logarithms||Theory and Application of Calculus|
|Matrices||3D Coordinate Geometry|
|Sets and Relations||Venn Diagram|
|Awareness of Architecture Works||Architectural Creations|
|Analytical Reasoning||Mental Ability|
Part B: Drawing Test
Applicants will be adequately and attractively judged on their sketching skills of the given object. The potential to visualize is often checked for a sense of perspective. 3D Object Drawing. The balance of colors should be kept in mind with respect to size and proportion. The applicant’s drawing ability is also put to test. You might like to check the DASA PG 2023 examination.
|Scale and Proportions of Objects||Geometric Composition|
|Shape and Colour Texture||Harmony and Contrast|
|Transformation in 2D and 3D||Perspective Drawing|
|Day to Day Objects Drawing||Sketching of Urbanscape and Landscape|
NATA 2023 Admit Card
The evaluating body will provisionally release a NATA 2023 Admit Card via online mode during the 1st week of April and 4th week of June. Only after entering the Registered ID and Password will candidates be able to access their respective admit cards.
- The NATA 2023 exam admit card will be available on the official web site.
- The candidates should ensure, after downloading the admit card, that the photograph and the signature are printed on the admit card.
- Each applicant should bring the hall ticket along with clear proof of Photo Id to the examination centre.
- The exam center details will be listed on the hall ticket.
NATA 2023 Exam Centers
NATA 2023 Exam centers are located all over country in multiple cities. The Centers list are:
|State/ Union Territory||City|
|Andaman and Nicobar Island||Port Blair|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City|
|NATA 2023 will be conducted only in Dubai Outside of India.|
NATA 2023 Answer Key
Responses from candidates will be hosted on the site. After the test, online model answers to MCQ portion (Part A) will become available.
Before results are released, each applicants answer sheets will be uploaded along with the applicants secured Part-wise marks. The drawing test (Part B) will not be available for review.
In addition, there’ll be no procedure for post-publication scrutiny and/or evaluation and any appeal will not be entertained until publication of the result.
NATA 2023 Preparation Tips
Applicants must verify and follow the preparation tips to show up and score well in the test.
- The entire examination pattern and curriculum approved by the authorities should be examined.
- Go through the study material from the previous year and the answer key.
- Create a appropriate path of study and follow it regularly.
- Trty the online or offline mock examination to learn the study sequence.
- Eat nutritious foods and keep your body well.
NATA 2023 Preparation Recommended Books
- NATA & B.Arch complete self-study material: entrance examination written by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- NATA & B.Arch Question Bank written by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- B.Arch Entrance Examination Guide was written by Surendra Kalimantan
- A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch written by P. K. Mishra
NATA 2023 Result
NATA 2023 Results have been provisionally selected to be announced on the fourth working day as soon as the date of the test is over. Students who have appeared for the same can access their results via the official NATA website. It is recommended that you take a print out of the score when applying for admission.
- The officials have agreed to release the answer sheet of the candidates who appeared before announcing the results.
- Note that the answer sheets are only published for Part A. Part B sheets are not published.
- The NATA 2023 Results will be accessible for all to view on the official site upon release of the answer sheets.
- The qualification marks are based upon the following rule:
- At least 25 % marks must have been awarded in Part A of the MCQ – 30 out of 120
- At least 25 % marks in Drawing Port (Part B) – 20 out of 80
NATA 2023 Cut off
The authority conducting the exam will publish the NATA Cut off via official portal. The cut off would be the minimum marks candidates must obtain to qualify for the entrance test.
The cut-off would depend on different factors such as total seats, level of test difficulty, total number of applicants participated in the test, etc. Applicants are required to obtain the marks cut off at the exam:
Applicants should obtain marks of 25% in portion of MCQ and marks of 25% in drawing portion. You might like to check the SBAIEE 2023 examination.
NATA 2023 Counselling Schedule
One of most important steps of the admission process starts after the results have been published. NATA 2023 Counseling Program is not administered by the Architecture Council, but it is carried out by the participating institutions themselves.
- The NATA Score Card is only valid for the 2023-2023 academic year.
- There will be no separate admissions counselling conducted by the official authority. Applicants in each institution in which they wish to apply for admission shall apply separately.
- Applicants wanting to become admitted to B.Arch. Programs should be conducted in separate counselling by each institution.
- For the verification process , candidates must bear all necessary documents and their photocopies.
- Applicants who fully meet eligibility requirements and have all the necessary documentation checked are granted final admission.
NATA 2023 Participating Colleges
In the midst of a wide variety of colleges that admit students based on the NATA 2023 Rankings, here are a few high-ranking colleges that will take part in the counseling process.
|Colleges Accepting NATA 2023 Score||City|
|Sinhgad College of Architecture||Pune|
|Rizvi College of Architecture||Mumbai|
|Department of Architecture, BITS||Mesra|
|Sushant School of Art and Architecture||Gurugram|
|Sir JJ College of Architecture||Mumbai|
|Chandigarh College of Architecture||Chandigarh|
|Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, Jamia Millia Islamia||New Delhi|
|Chitkara School of Planning & Architecture||Patiala|
|IES College of Architecture||Mumbai|
|LS Raheja School of Architecture||Mumbai|
|Aayojan School of Architecture||Jaipur|
|Dehradun Institute of Technology||Dehradun|
|MEASI Academy of Architecture||Chennai|
NATA 2023 FAQ’S
What is the Date of NATA Exam 2023?
The NATA Exam 2023 will be conducted somewhere in the month of April 2023.
Which is Better Nata or JEE?
Both NATA and JEE are good for candidates seeekng to take admission in architecture, however NATA has more vacant seats compared to JEE Main
Is Nata Easy?
It entirely depends on the candidates aptitude and drawing skills, those who are skilled in free hand sketching/drawing can easily score high in NATA.
Does 12th Percentage matter in Nata?
Yes, 12th marks matter in getting into colleges with NATA score.
Can we Join B.Arch without Nata?
There are several top private institutions in India that allow direct admission into the B.Arch programme without scores in popular Architecture entrance exams like NATA, JEE Main etc.
Is Calculator Allowed in Nata?
No, carrying Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall. Candidates found with possession of such items during the exam can be barred from the exam .
What is a Good NATA score?
The maximum NATA score achieved is 178 till now, so a score of 120+ is considered descent to get admission in a good college.
Can I Prepare for Nata in Month?
Students with imaginative mind along with drawing passion can prepare for the NATA in one month. However they are advised to start preparing for the exam as soon as possible.
Is Nata Compulsory for Architecture?
No, if the applicant failed to give NATA then he / she probably wouldn’t be able to get admission to any of India ‘s architecture colleges. For certain universities, they can seek for management seats and can take admission.
Does Nata have Negative Marking?
No, there is no negative marking in NATA 2023.
Does IIT Roorkee Accepts NATA score?
Yes, the IIT Roorkee accepts NATA.
How can I Get Good Marks in NATA?
The main advice to crack NATA comes down to study, discipline, and practice good old material. Utilize and analyze NATA study materials, as well as the textbooks. Always search for the latest architectural changes. Regularly update the topics to improve your learning.
How is Nata Merit Score Calculated?
Simply divide your NATA score by 2 and add the percentage of your board exam (out of 100) and then divide the balance by 2. It gives you the score for your Final Merit. For example: if your percentage on the 12th Board is 80 and your score on NATA is 120. So 70 is your score for the Final Merit.
What is Test 1 and Test 2 in Nata?
NATA performs two tests. You may apply for one, or both. The test will be the same but it will take place in different times.
Who is the topper of Nata 2019?
All India NATA Topper, conducted on 2019 April 14 is NAUREEN S FEROZ, She scored 178/200.
Is Coaching Necessary for Nata?
With proper self-study, it is not at all necessary to go to coaching for NATA to get good marks.
Is Nata and Jee Same Exam?
No, NATA and JEE are two different exams, however, both enables the student to apply for B.Arch in various colleges across India.