MUCMET 2023 or Mumbai University Common Management Entrance Test 2023 will be conducted by Mumbai University for admissions to 5-year Integrated BMS-MBA. The exam is held each year for admission into management course in the University’s Thane campus. The official website will display a notification well in advance before the application process starts.
This exam will be conducted offline i.e. in pen-paper mode. Candidates interested in building a bright future towards business management must give an attempt to this exam. The minimum eligibility for MUCMET suggests that candidates passed their 10+2 from a recognized board. The application forms for MUCMET 2023 will be made available online only.
Table of Contents
MUCMET 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||Mumbai University Common Management (MUCMET) 2023|
|Conducted by||Mumbai University|
|Exam Level||State-Level Exam|
|Medium of examination||English|
|Course Name||The five-year integrated program of BMS and MBA|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours or 120 minutes|
|Number of Sections||Four|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Negative Marking Scheme||Yes|
MUCMET Important Dates
|Application Process Begins||2nd week of June 2023|
|Application Process Ends||4th week of June 2023|
|Admit card release||Last week of June 2023|
|MUCMET 2023||July 2023|
|MUCMET 2023 result||The second week of July 2023|
MUCMET Application Process
Mumbai University will start with the application process for MUCMET 2023 from the first week of June 2023. Candidates interested in applying for MUCMET must ensure that they fulfill the MUCMET minimum eligibility criteria before considering the application. Moreover, the application process will end in the third week of May 2023. Interested candidates should make sure that they apply for MUCMET before the application process comes to an end. It will be conducted in offline mode i.e. Pen-Paper mode.
Steps to fill the application form for MUCMET 2023
Applicants must follow the below-mentioned steps to fill the MUCMET 2023 application form:
- Step 1 – The applicant needs to visit the official website for filling the application form.
- Step 2 – After that, click on the “New Registration” tab for creating a new account.
- Step 3 – The applicant needs to enter the required details.
- Step 4 – Next, the User ID & Password will be generated automatically.
- Step 5 – Now, the applicant needs to enter the login credentials created in the last step to log in.
- Step 6 – After logging into the account, the applicant is required to enter the personal as well as educational details.
- Step 7 – Finally, make the required payment and don’t forget to take a print out of the application form.
The applicants are required to pay the below-mentioned application fees before submitting the application form for MUCMET 2023:
|Reserved categories||Rs 500||Online|
MUCMET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria for MUCMET 2023 before applying for the exam. The detailed eligibility criteria are given below:
- Educational Qualification: Applicants should have passed HSSC (10+2) from a recognized board or its equivalent from any stream with a minimum aggregate of 45% for general category candidates while it is 40% for the reserved categories.
- Age limit: The applicants must keep in mind that the maximum age limit for general category candidate is 20 years (while for reserved categories/PwD it is 22 years).
MUCMET 2023 Exam Pattern
The authorities suggest MUCMET 2023 Exam Pattern for the students to form an idea about the exam pattern. The details about the MUCMET exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of Examination: Offline (i.e. Pen-Paper Mode)
- Type of Questions: Objective-Type
- Total Questions: 100
- Total Sections: 4
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Exam duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Negative Marking Scheme: The candidate will be awarded 1 marks for each correct answer while 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer attempted.
The question paper for MUCMET will be divided into 4 sections viz. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical and Abstract Engineering, & General Awareness. There will be 25 questions in each section.
|Section Name||Number of Questions|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||25|
|Logical and Abstract Engineering||25|
MUCMET 2023 Preparation Tips
- Students should make sure to review the exam pattern as well as syllabus to prepare for MUMCET.
- Plan a daily time-table and follow it strictly.
- Solve as many mock tests, sample papers, previous year question papers, etc. as possible.
- Students must update their general knowledge through reading newspapers, journals, etc.
- Try to cover all the syllabus before attempting MUCMET exam.
MUCMET Preparation Books
Here we have provided the list of books:
|Name of Book||Publisher Name||ISBN|
|Aptitude Test Problems in Physics||S.S. Krotov / G.K. Publisher||9351444325|
|Algebra Made easy||K.P. Basu / K. P. Basu Publishing Co.||–|
MUCMET 2023 Syllabus
Now, that it is clear that the exam will comprise of 4 sections namely: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical and Abstract Engineering, & General Awareness. Let us now focus in detail about the topics that will be covered under these sections. Given below is the MUCMET 2023 syllabus, applicants must go through the detailed syllabus:
|Section||Detailed Syllabus (As Expected)|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Grammar, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence completion, Phrases, Expressions, Reading and Comprehension|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Numerical calculations, Solve arithmetic problems in Averages, Ratio and Proportion, Interpretation of numerical tables, Graphs, Charts, Percentage, Quantitative Reasoning|
|Logical and Abstract Reasoning||Evaluate the quick-thinking skills through the questions based on: Figures, Graphs Diagrams|
|General Awareness||General knowledge, Current Affairs, Business and Industry|
MUCMET 2023 Admit Card:
The applicants are informed that Mumbai University will release MUCMET 2023 Admit Cards online only. It must be noted that the admit card will only be allocated to the students who have successfully applied along with the application fee, as required. The login credentials generated at the time of registration must be entered into the portal for getting MUCMET admit card. Students must make sure that they bring the admit cards to the MUCMET 2023 centre with a passport-size photo pasted on it.
MUCMET 2023 Results
The results of MUCMET 2023 will be released in the month of June 2023. The result will be available online on the official website. A merit list will be prepared as results reflecting the roll numbers of the applicants. For getting admissions, the student needs to visit the institute/college to complete the application process.
MUCMET 2023 Reservation
The University of Mumbai has special reservations for the categories that participate in the exam. MUCMET is a merit-based examination and applicants are selected according to ranks and categories.
A special reservation of 2 percent is granted to eligible candidates to SBC class (Special Backward Class).
MUCMET 2023 FAQs
Can I pay the application fee for MUCMET via online mode?
No, the application fee can only be paid through online mode.
How many questions will there be in MUCMET?
There will be 100 questions in total in MUCMET.
Will there be the sectional cut-off for MUCMET?
No, there will be no sectional cut-off for MUCMET.
Can I make the application correction for MUCMET?
No, once the application form is submitted, you can not edit it.