MICAT II 2022 Registration has been extended till January 18, 2022. The result has been released for MICAT I on December 21st, 2021. Admit Card (MICAT II) will be released on January 25, 2022. Mudra Institute of Communications Admission Test is a national level entrance exam and it is popularly known as MICAT. This test is conducted by authorities of Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad for taking admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Communications (PGDM-C).
MICA admission test 2021 will be held to take admission for 216 seats of PGDM and PGDM-C out of which 36 seats are for the management field and the rest of the seats (180 seats) are for the Communication field. MICA admission test is held twice a year in a single phase.
The application process for MICAT-I exam 2021 started on October 2021 and for MICAT-II it started on November 2021. In each session, almost, over 4000 candidates for MICAT appear for the test. The Application/ Registration form will be filled in online mode only, no other mode will be applicable.
Since last year, the MICA, Ahmedabad has given the facility to the applicants to choose both the programmes (PGDM and PGDM-C) in the same application form of MICAT 2022 and same option is valid for this year also. However, to do so, the candidates will have an option to select the programmes in order of their preference for priority-based – as priority 1 and priority 2.
The MICAT I results have been released. Subsequent candidates can check the same from their personnel login.
MICAI II Exam will be conducted on 29 January 2022. The Admit will be issued on 24 January 2022. Candidates can download it from the website.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
MICAT 2022 Overview
|Examination Name||Mudra Institute of Communications Admission Test|
|Popularly Known As||MICAT-I, MICAT-II|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad|
|Conducting Period||Two times in a year|
|Courses Offered||PGDM & PGDM-C|
|Specializations||Advertising and Brand Management, Digital Communication Management, Marketing Analytics, Media and Entertainment Management|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|MICAT Eligibility||Minimum 50% marks in bachelor’s degree|
|Official Mail ID||www.mica.ac.in|
|Official Contact Details||02717 308 250|
MICAT 2022 Important Events and Exam Dates
All the important information regarding events and dates will be announced very soon by the official authorities on the official website of MICA. i.e. https://www.mica.ac.in. Candidates need to visit the official website regularly to get information regarding important dates and events. Here, we have given details of important events and dates and all the information’s are now released.
|Start of Application process||7th October 2021|
|Last date to submit application form||20th November 2021|
|Release of Admit card||1st December 2021|
|MICAT I Exam Date||4th December 2021|
|Result/ score||21st December 2021|
|Commencement of Registration Process||23rd November 2021|
|Last date for registration||18th January 2022|
|Availability of Admit card||25th January 2022|
|MICAT II 2022 Exam Dates||29th January 2022|
|Declaration of Result/Score||18th February 2022|
|GE/PI shortlist||1st week of March 2022|
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||2nd week of March 2022|
|GE & PI shortlist at Bangalore & Mumbai||3rd week of March 2022|
|GE & PI shortlist at Delhi & Kolkata||4th week of March 2022|
|Final Result||1st week of April 2022|
MICAT 2022 Application Form Procedure
For filling application/ registration form involves various stages. All the stages are discussed here in detail, so you should read it carefully for your successful application form filling process.
- First, visit the official website of MICAT.
- Find the registration option and do register yourself.
- Here you need to fill the required details such as your name, email ID, phone no., etc.
- After filling the required information, click on the Submit button.
- Now you have successfully registered your self.
2. Log in and Fill Personal Details
- Once you have registered yourself then you have to login further.
- After login, you have to fill all the required details such as nationality, gender, date of birth and MICAT exam centres in order to your preference.
3. Enter Qualification Details and Entrance Score
- Fill in educational details related to different levels of academics and work experience.
- Also, fill the entrance exam score, you have appeared for such as CAT/XAT/GMAT.
4. Upload Documents
- Now, upload scanned images of passport size photo, scanned image of signature, academic and other required documents.
5. Fee Payment
- An application/ registration fee of Rs. 1985 has to be paid off in online mode through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking/ Paytm or offline through DD in favour of MICA payable at Ahmedabad.
- Now you have successfully filled the application form of MICAT 2022.
Note: Do not forget to take the print out of the submission page of the application form and fee payment receipt for future preference.
MICAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam will be held online in 2 sessions and the question paper of the exam will be divided into 3 main parts. For your reference, MICAT 2022 Exam Pattern is given below so that you can understand the pattern easily.
- Exam Mode: The mode of the MICAT exam will be online mode.
- No. of Questions: A total of 144 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Time: The applicants will get 2 hours 45 minutes to solve the question paper.
- No. of Sections: The question paper will be divided into three sections.
- Marking scheme: For every right answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative marking: For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will get deducted.
|Parts||Sections||No. of Questions||Time Allotted|
Descriptive type test
Marking Scheme: The total marks of the MICAT 2022 paper are not declared by MICA till now. There will be no negative marking for Section 1 and Paper 1 of Section 2 whether your answer is right or wrong, does not matter. Paper 2 and Paper 3 have 25 percent negative marking in case of any incorrect answer.
MICAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, candidates must have to check all the eligibility criteria for MICAT 2022. If candidates do not meet all the eligibility criteria then their application form will be strictly rejected so check and read it carefully. The basic eligibility criteria for MICAT 2022 are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree, with the 10+2+3 system, or equivalent qualification from a recognized university/ institution (Associated with Indian Universities (AIU)).
- Candidates must have the valid score card of any one of the national level management tests like CAT 2022, XAT 2022 or GMAT 2022 onwards to be eligible for MICAT 2022.
- Final year students of graduation are also eligible for the test.
- Foreign / NRI’s Candidates must have a valid GMAT scorecard (600+) and a passport.
MICAT 2022 Syllabus
Here we have provided the entire syllabus of the MICAT 2022 exam. Syllabus will be based on graduation level. The syllabus will be comprised of a total of six subjects.
Here we are providing the entire sections of the subjects.
MICAT 2022 Syllabus for Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation
- LCM & HCF
- Profit and Loss
MICAT 2022 Syllabus for Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Jumbled sentences
- Error Correction
- Synonyms and Antonyms
MICAT 2022 Syllabus for General Awareness
- Science and Research
- Politics and Sports News
- Business Brands and Media
- Indian Constitution
- Current Affairs
MICAT 2022 Syllabus for Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Visual Reasoning
- Data sufficiency
- Sequence and Series
- Statement Assumption
- Word Association
MICAT 2022 Preparation Tips
If your preparation is with complete dedication and comprehensive study of important subjects and sections to be addressed in the exam, no exam is complicated. In order to prepare according to the requirements of that specific section, MICAT includes 3 primary sections.
- Planning has to begin early. Start preparing your schedule accordingly and begin to follow it daily.
- Prepare for MICAT 2022 according to the syllabus provided.
- To enhance your knowledge and understanding, read the newspaper every day.
- Analyze the Exam Pattern and accordingly prepare a strategy.
- Strengthen your abilities in qualitative and quantitative terms.
- Begin working on your process of reasoning.
- Candidates must research and prepare by solving the previous year Question Papers
- For the Essay writing section, study distinct topics. Improve your skills and speed of writing.
Books for MICAT 2022 Preparation
|Subjects||Name of Book||Author|
|Quantitative Aptitude||How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT||Sarvesh K Sharma|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Mastering the Verbal Ability for CAT||Ajay Singh|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Verbal Ability||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Comprehension for CATProficiency in Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh|
|Psychometric Tests||Psychometric Tests for Dummies||Liam Healy|
|Psychometric Tests||How to Pass Psychometric Tests||Andrea Shavick|
|Logical Reasoning||A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Logical Reasoning||How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT||Arun Sharma|
MICAT 2022 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the hall ticket from 1 December 2021 for MICAT- I and for MICAT- II from 25 January 2022.
How to Download MICAT 2022 Hall Ticket
Here is the procedure to download the hall ticket for MICAT 2022.
- First, you should visit the official website of MICAT.
- In the next step, you have to Log-in using registered id and password which was auto-generated during the registration process.
- Click on the admit card/ hall ticket link.
- Enter your application number/ roll number and Date of Birth.
- Hall Ticket for MICAT 2022 will be displayed on the desktop.
- Now download the Hall Ticket and take its printouts for further use.
What Should I carry to the MICAT 2022 Test Center?
The admit card is a mandatory item that must be carried during the examination. Furthermore, applicants must bear the following documents:
- Two hard copies of Aadhar Card
- Scanned copy of Identity Proof for Verification
Details Mentioned on MICAT Call Letter 2022
|Candidate’s MICAT log in ID||Candidate’s MICAT password|
|Space for invigilator’s signature||Test centre address|
|Programme name with session year||Exam date|
|Exam day instructions||Space for candidate’s signature|
MICAT 2022 Exam Centers
The candidates must select the test center at the time of completion of the details in the MICAT 2022 Application Form. The table below provides a list of test centers for MICAT 2022.
MICAT 2022 Result
The result will be released in online mode only, on the official website of MIC, Ahmedabad.
On 21 December 2021, the Result of MICAT-I has been released in online mode via its official website, mica.ac.in. Applicants who have chosen to take the exam can check their scores by logging into the MICAT applicant accounts in the MICAT 2022 exam. Applicants must enter their user ID and password in the login window in order to get access to the results of MICAT 2022.
The qualified applicants must also appear at various MICA campuses for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) as per the MICAT outcome. Results from MICAT Phase 2 will be published on 18 February 2022. The final outcome of MICAT 2022 will be published at the end of March 2022. Check here for complete details of the results of MICAT 2022, including the resulting access process.
How to Check MICAT 2022 Result?
To check your MICAT 2022 scorecard, you just have to follow the following procedure.
- First, visit the official website of MICAT.
- Now enter your correct MICA ID and Password.
- Search the Result tab and click on it.
- Enter your Roll Number/Application Number and Date of Birth (whatever required).
- MICAT 2022 Score Card will be displayed on your monitor.
- Check correctly and download it for further use.
MICAT 2022 Selection Process
The selection procedure will include the following steps and it is based on entrance exam score, Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Counselling.
- A candidate has to give at least one the management based entrance exam like CAT, XAT and GMAT.
- Candidates have to appear for MICAT 2022 and will be assessed upon General awareness (GA), Psychometric (P), Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QADI), Verbal ability (VA), Divergent and Convergent Thinking (DCT), and Descriptive Test (DT).
- Shortlisted candidates for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) will be chosen based on their performance in the MICA Admission Test (MICAT ).
- The selection rounds will be held in five cities namely- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
MICAT 2022 FAQ’S
Do an NRI candidate have to give MICAT exam, or is GMAT score enough for my selection in MICA?
For an NRI candidate, GMAT score from 2018 and onwards is acceptable but you must have to appear for the MICA entrance exam, as GMAT exam score is considered only for the top 10% on the spot admission letter selection.
For an NRI Candidate, how much GMAT score are required for MICAT?
GMAT score of that NRI Candidate should be 600+, but this is of qualifying nature only. You need to clear the MICAT and your performance in MICAT will be responsible for your selection.
Do I need to appear for both the exams (MICAT-I and MICAT-II) of MICAT 2022?
NO. It’s not compulsory, but it is optional. So you may take the exam only in one session or in both the sessions, it’s totally up to you. But if you appear for both the exam session then it would be beneficial for you.
What is the best score for MICAT 2022 exam?
Candidates must have to secure a minimum of 85% marks or above 85% in both CAT and XAT is considered a good one for admission in MICA 2022.
What is the maximum age limit criteria to apply for MICAT exam?
Fortunately, there are no upper limit criteria to apply for MICA exam.
If I fail in the descriptive test, will I be eligible to give for a Psychometric test or not?
The descriptive exam is the basis of the examination. So the answer is No. If you fail in the descriptive exam, then you will not be eligible for the psychometric exam.
My MICAT scorecard is not looking clear, so to whom I should contact?
You should have to contact the authorities of MICA on the given helpline details
Gujarat – 380 058, India
Contact Number: +91 2717 308250
Email: [email protected]