MAT 2022 Registration has been started for March session (PBT) exam. MAT 2022 is an AIMA national level entrance examination (AIMA). MAT 2022 score is going to be used by over 600 management colleges in India to determine admission into MBAs.
The Management Aptitude Test is conducted on a yearly basis – in February, May, September, and December.
The Management Aptitude Test is performed by the All India Management Association (AIMA) at the national level (AIMA) (AIMA). Applicants who have undergone graduation from recognized universities are eligible to appear for the MAT entrance exam. Those who qualify for the computer-based CAT and MAT tests are eligible for admission to more than 600 business colleges from all over the world.
The Application Form has been released for the March session. Interested Candidates can fill out the application from the Official Website.
Dateline- 27 December – 28 February 2022 (PBT) & 7 March 2022 (CBT).
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
MAT 2022 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Management Aptitude Test – MAT 2022|
|Name of Organization||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Validity of Scores||1 year|
|Mode of Application||Online only|
|Application Fee||PBT/CBT – INR 1550PBT and CBT – INR 2650|
|Mode of Exam||Online/Computer Based Test (CBT), Remote Proctored Internet Based Test (IBT) and Offline/Paper Based Test(PBT)|
|Courses Offered||MBA, PGDM|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Number of Exams a year||4|
|MAT Exam Centers||PBT – 41 CBT – 31|
|MAT Helpline Number||011 – 24645100|
011 – 24617354
011 – 43128100
|MAT Helpline Email||[email protected]|
MAT 2022 Exam Dates
For PBT Exam:
|Registration begin||27th December 2021|
|Last date for registration||28th February 2022|
|Admit card release||2nd March 2022|
|Exam date||6th March 2022|
|Declaration of result||March/April 2022|
For CBT Exam:
|Application form released||27th December 2021|
|Last date to apply||7th March 2022|
|Admit card release||9th March 2022|
|Exam date||13th March 2022|
|Declaration of result||March/April 2022|
MAT Application Form 2022
The MAT Registration Form 2022 for the February examination session has been published on the official AIMA website in an online mode on 27 December 2021. Until 28 February 2022, the application procedure will continue. Applicants need to enroll themselves before filling out the MAT 2022 application form to generate a user ID and password. The filling process for the MAT application form contains filling in the basic personal information, academic qualifications, uploading scanned documents such as photographs and signatures, and thus paying the application fee. Applicants can follow the steps given below to fill out the 2022 MAT application form.
Steps to fill MAT Application Form 2022
- Visit AIMA’s official site.
- To successfully login, applicants have to register first and create a user ID and password.
- Applicants would have to to choose the MAT exam mode, their test city choice, payment mode, and process the payment after logging in with corresponding credentials.
- Pay via online (Credit/ Debit card/ Net banking) mode.
- Scanned copy of the photo (20KB to 150 KB) and signature upload (20KB to 150 KB).
- Applicants will be asked to select preferred colleges under the MAT 2022 exam from the list of participating colleges.
- For the final submission, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Download and preserve the registration form for future reference purposes.
How to Fill the MAT 2022 Registration Form?
Applicants can review the step-by-step process to fill MAT application form 2022 from below:
Step 1: Registration
- For MAT registration 2022, select on the direct link on this page and a page will show up on your display as seen below.
- Afterwards, fill your name, birth date, email ID, mobile number, and generate a MAT login password.
- An OTP is sent to your mobile number and email ID when you submit the information, authenticate it and proceed to fill out the form.
Step 2: Login
- Afterward, to access the application form, a screen will appear and then click on the “complete details” option.
- Log in afterwards by filling in the email ID, password and date of birth.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
- Afterwards, select on “make payment”.
- Choose the examination and test centre mode before making payment, and start making payment.
- Select the “Process payment” button and pay the fee.
Step 4: Upload Images in MAT 2022 Form
- Once the payment has been made, upload the images in the next step.
- As per the requirement, upload the images.
Step 5: Fill in Details
- After that, enter in all the personal information required, details of educational qualifications, details of work experience, etc.
- Preview your application after submitting all the details and make sure the information mentioned in it are correct.
- If you would like to edit any details, log in to your account, edit the details and click the “Save” button.
Step 6: Take a print out of Application Form
- Upon completion of the steps referred to above, the applicants are suggested to print out the completed form for reference purposes.
- Applicants can use the online mode to fill in their application fees.
- Fees are paid by debit/credit card or net banking.
- Application fees are not transferable or refundable.
For CBT and PBT, applicants can review the fee structure:
|For PBT or CBT||Rs. 1550|
|For both PBT and CBT||Rs. 2650|
Documents Required for MAT 2022 Registration Form
It is recommended that applicants should carry the copies of the above-mentioned document at the time of registration. This will make sure you provide right information and will also help you complete your forms faster.
- Valid Email ID and mobile number
- Candidate’s scanned image of their photo and signature as per the specification and format.
- Debit /Credit Card/Net Banking/Paytm Wallet details
- Class 12th marksheet.
- Degree marksheet.
Image Specification in MAT 2022 Application Form
Once the participant is registered, he needs to upload his passport-sized photo and signature. Images to be submitted according to the requirement and layout provided below.
|Images to upload||Format||File size|
|Photo||.jpg or .jpeg||10 KB – 50 KB|
|Signature||.jpg or .jpeg||5 KB – 20 KB|
Checklist for uploading Photo in MAT Application Form
- You must have a recent size color photograph of yourself.
- Please ensure the photos are taken in an environment that is light enough.
- If you have glasses, check that no reflection appears on the lenses.
- Photos with hats and dark glasses are not allowed.
- Religious headwear is permitted, but it must not entirely cover your face.
Checklist for uploading Signature in MAT Application Form
- You sign the paper with black/blue ink pen.
- Only scan the signature and not the entire white sheet.
- An applicant must only sign the application form personally.
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
A certain set of criteria that applicants have to reach prior to actually applying for the MAT 2022 exam are specified in the MAT eligibility requirements. Such requirements are composed of academic qualifications, age and other variables. Students can check the requirements for MAT 2022 eligibility below:
- Attempt Limit: There is no attempt constraint in the MAT 2022 by the authority to appear in the exam.
- Qualification: In order to apply for the MAT 2022, the applicant should have an Under Graduate (UG)/ Bachelor’s Degree from any Recognized University.
- Age Limit: The MAT 2022 Entrance Test has no age limit.
- Appearing Applicants: Those who have appeared in the final year of the qualification examination are also eligible to take the entrance examination.
MAT Exam Pattern 2022
Five sections consist in the examination pattern of MAT 2022 as prescribed by AIMA. Indian and Global Environment, Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning are in these segments. The MAT test pattern is the same for computer-based as well as paper-based tests. The test contains a total of 200 multiple choice questions, as per the MAT exam pattern, which must be answered in 2 hours 30 minutes. A time limit is also allotted for each section. To comprehend the test pattern, subject wise weighing, marking scheme, etc., you will get all the information of the MAT pattern here.
- Examination Mode: The examination will be carried out using a computer-based test (CBT) and a paper-based test (PBT).
- Type of Questions: In the exam, multiple-choice questions will be asked.
- Time Duration: The exam will take place over a period of 2 and 1/2 hours.
- Sections: The Question Paper will be organized into five sections.
- Total Questions: In the test, a total of 200 questions will be asked.
- Marking Scheme: For every right answer, one mark will be given.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong response, 0.25 marks will be subtracted.
In the table below, students can check examination patterns:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Time|
|Intelligence and critical reasoning||40||30|
|Indian and global environment||40||15|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40||35|
MAT Exam Syllabus 2022
It is necessary to examine the full syllabus of the 2022 MAT entrance exam, as it will allow applicants to prepare well. MAT 2022 will follow the same areas of the section from which questions will be asked based on the exam pattern of the previous year. Students can check the examination’s detailed curriculum below:
Data Analysis and Sufficiency: Questions Will Be Prepared from The Topics Like Pie Chart, Puzzles, Bar Graphs, Table Charts, Venn Diagram, Line Chart.
General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning: Linear Arrangement, Sequencing, Statements, and Assumptions, Identifying Valid Interference, Coding, and Decoding.
Indian Global Environment: This Will Contain Topics I.E. Major Events Incorporate, Awards, Sports, Current Affairs, Woods and Authors, Science.
Mathematics Skill: This Section Will Include Topics Like Profit and Loss, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Algebra, Percentage, Work and Time, Geometric Progression, HCF, Linear Algebra, LCM.
Language Comprehension: One-Word Substitution, Analogies, Fill in The Blanks, English Vocabulary, Syllogism, Sentence Completion, Idioms, and Jumbled Paragraphs.
MAT Preparation Tips
Find the MAT Preparation Tips here to help you secure good marks during the entrance test.
- Applicants must develop the appropriate time table and regularly follow it.
- Create brief notes of the important topics and regularly review them.
- Before beginning the preparation, you must know the test pattern and the syllabus.
- To understand exactly what comes in the entrance test, solve the sample papers and previous year question papers.
- Solve the mock test and build confidence to improve your preparation.
- Eat food that is healthy and take care of the body.
MAT 2022 Admit Card
The information of the MAT 2022 Admit Card that will help applicants to access the MAT 2022 Admit Card are mentioned here. Using the online mode, the MAT 2022 Admit Card will be published. The MAT 2022 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website by applicants.
In the second week of February 2022, the MAT 2022 Admit Card will be published. By filling their User Credentials, the students can download the MAT 2022 Admit Card. Candidates need to verify that all the information listed on the MAT 2022 Admit Card are correct.
If there is a mismatch, the student must consider contacting the AIMA MAT Authority to resolve the mistake. On the day of the test, applicants are encouraged to carry the MAT 2022 Admit Card. Prior to actually reaching the exam hall, the students can check the MAT 2022 Admit Card exam guidelines.
MAT Cutoff 2022
For the MAT exam, AIMA does not publish a specific cutoff. The numerous participating institutes, that being said, publish their corresponding MAT cutoffs on the premise of which they grant applicants admission. To shortlist the applicants, MAT participating colleges evaluate a minimum percentile. MAT cut off is the name of this minimum percentile. In MAT, almost all of the top Bschools typically release over 90 percentile. The difficulty level of the question paper, the number of applicants who appeared during the exam and the total number of seats offered at the institute are some of the factors on which the MAT examination cutoff depends.
|College||MAT Cut Off Range|
|BIMTECH Greater Noida (Specialized programs)||80-85|
|Balaji Institute Of Modern Management (BIMM) Pune||80-85|
|International School of Business & Media (ISB&M) Pune||80-85|
|School of Inspired Leadership – SOIL Gurgaon||80-85|
|SIESCOMS Navi Mumbai||80-85|
|Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS) Rohini, Delhi||80-85|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management (Jaipuria) Noida||80-85|
|New Delhi Institute of Management (NDIM) New Delhi||80-85|
|VIPS-TC-Delhi School of Business Delhi||80-85|
|Christ University Bengaluru||80-85|
|VIT Business School (VIT) Vellore||80-85|
|IPE Hyderabad: Institute of Public Enterprise||75-80|
|AIMS School of Business (AIMS) Bangalore||75-80|
|Lexicon Management Institute of Leadership and Excellence (MILE) Pune||75-80|
|St. Joseph Institute of Management, Bangalore||65-70|
|J K Business School Gurgaon||65-70|
|GITAM Business School Hyderabad||65-70|
|GITAM School of Business Bengaluru||65-70|
|Vivekanand Education VESIM Mumbai||65-70|
|Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management (BULMIM)||65-70|
MAT Result 2022
By the last week of February 2022, AIMA will declare the outcome of MAT 2022 in an online mode for the February session. Applicants can use their MAT roll number and registration number to access their MAT outcome cum scorecard. Personal information, section-wise scores, composite score and MAT percentile are the information that will be listed in the MAT 2022 results. The MAT score card is acknowledged by the various prestigious B-Schools in India. Non-participating institutions may also take into account the MAT score for the provision of applicant admissions on the basis of specific cut-off marks and other variables of admission. It should be noted that the MAT 2022 result is valid for a period of one year.
Following the publication of the outcome of MAT 2022, AIMA will send the scores to the universities selected by the applicants on the application form for MAT 2022. The universities will then select and call applicants for further selection process rounds, including rounds of group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI).
How to Check MAT Result 2022
Here are the steps for downloading the results of MAT 2022:
- Go to the AIMA MAT’s official website.
- Use a registered email address, DOB, and password to log in.
- The MAT 2022 Score Card can now be downloaded.
- Check if your documents match all the information.
- For reference purposes, get a print out of the MAT Score Card.
MAT Selection Process 2022
The MAT selection process generally consists of Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI), and Written Ability Tests (WAT). First, on the premise of the MAT score, applicants will be selected. At the numerous participating institutes, selected applicants will be called for selection rounds. On the basis of merit in the selection process rounds, final admission will be achieved. Each participating institute has its own selection procedure. It should be stated that in selecting applicants for MBA admission through MAT, AIMA has no role.
MAT 2022 Accepting Colleges
A really large number of approximately more than 800 colleges are Accepting Colleges MAT 2022. The following include some of the best colleges:
- BIMTECH Greater Noida (Specialized programs)
- XIME Bangalore
- Balaji Institute Of Modern Management (BIMM) Pune
- International School of Business & Media (ISB&M) Pune
- School of Inspired Leadership – SOIL Gurgaon
- IMS Ghaziabad
- IPE Hyderabad: Institute of Public Enterprise
- AIMS School of Business (AIMS) Bangalore
- GITAM Visakhapatnam
- Lexicon Management Institute of Leadership and Excellence (MILE) Pune
- St. Joseph Institute of Management, Bangalore
- J K Business School Gurgaon
- GITAM Business School Hyderabad
- GITAM School of Business Bengaluru
- Vivekanand Education VESIM Mumbai
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management (BULMIM)
MAT Exam Centres 2022
The list of MAT exam centers is published by AIMA every year. The exam centres for MAT 2022 are those cities where students have to report before the exam is administered. While finishing the registration form in the order of preference, the examination centers for MAT 2022 must be chosen. Applicants are allocated the exam centres, depending on the availability of the centre.
MAT 2022 Test Cities
Paper Based Test
Computer Based Test
About MAT 2022
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is an All India level test by the All India Management Association (AIMA). The entrance exam is carried out four times a year. It is carried out in both pen-paper and computer mode. In various postgraduate management programs, more than 600+ B-schools accept MAT scores for admission. The MAT entrance exam is applied for by every lakh of applicants.
MAT 2022 FAQ’S
Can I apply through a single application window for PBT and CBT?
Yes, you can choose to apply through a single application window for multiple test modes.
From where can I acquire the printed application form for MAT 2021?
For MAT 2022, there is no printed form available. You only need to apply for the exam online.
Do I need to send by post to AIMA the print out of my completed MAT application form?
No, the hard copy of the completed application does not need to be sent by post.
When will the application correction facility in the application form be provided?
No correction or modification of the form will be allowed once the application form is submitted.
How many institutions do I need to complete the application form?
Applicants will have to fill out five institutions that they want to be admitted to.
What are the criteria for the age limit to be accepted?
There are no prescribed age limit criteria for applying for the MAT 2022 exam.
How many times can I show up for the exam?
Applicants can appear in any number of MAT exam times, there is no limit to attempt.
What format do I have for uploading documents?
Applicants are required to upload their photo and signature in JPG/ JPEG format.
In the online entrance exam, is a calculator allowed?
No, during the examination, any electronic device will not be allowed.
Are all participating colleges approved by AICTE?
All MAT management institutes are either AICTE, DEC approved, University Affiliated College, Department of University.
Is there the same criterion for admission for each and every institution?
For each institute, admission criteria are different. The common process, however, is MAT score card grades, group discussion and personal interview rounds.
How can the results of MAT 2021 be downloaded?
Applicants can use their MAT roll number and registration number to download their MAT outcome cum scorecard.
Is there a MAT 2021 sectional time limit?
Yes, MAT 2022 has a sectional time limit.