The LPU NEST is an entrance examination conducted for admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses by the Lovely Professional University. It is expected that LPU NEST 2024 will be conducted according to the admission schedule for programs such as B.Tech, Integrated B.Tech and MBA/M. Tech, LLM and PhD, respectively.
The LPU NEST score serves as the university’s eligibility for admission to such courses. On the other hand, in the LPUNEST 2024 exam for the availability of scholarships for different programs, applicants can optionally appear. You should check all the recent LPU NEST 2024 updates from the university’s official website i.e. lpu.in and nest.lpu.in.
The Lovely Professional University will be organizing the LPU NEST 2024 examination. It is an entrance examination at university level that is carried out once a year. In order to offer enrollment to courses such as engineering, management, law and other courses, the National Entrance and Scholarship Test (NEST) is organized. The authorities are also providing scholarships. We have listed full details about LPU NEST 2024 in this article, including dates, application form, eligibility, etc.
Table of Contents
Overview of LPUNEST 2024
|Name of Exam||Lovely Professional University National Eligibility and Scholarship Test|
|Exam Purpose||Admissions into the engineering courses offered by the institute|
|Conducted By||Lovely Professional University|
|Level of Exam||University|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Examination (Online)|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Total Marks||400 Marks|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||Online and Offline – Boys (Rs. 800) Girls (Rs. 500)|
LPU NEST 2024 Important Dates
Applicants should check LPU NEST 2024 exam dates from the given table:
|Last Date for submission of LPUNEST application form 2024||January 2024|
|Slot Booking for online examination||January 2024|
|LPUNEST exam date 2024||January 2024|
|Display of result||February 2024|
|Commencement of counselling||February 2024|
LPUNEST 2024 B.Tech Counselling Dates
|Counselling Rounds||Filling of Online Preference||Allotment of Result||Admissions Date (subject to availability of seats) (Scholarship is contingent on the availability of a scholarship scheme)|
|Round I||February 2024||February 2024||February 2024|
|Round II||February 2024||February 2024||February 2024|
|Online registration starts from||1st week of October 2023|
|Last date for application submission||December 2023|
|Slot booking for online examination||1st December 2023 onwards|
|Date of exam||December 2023|
|Announcement of result||December 2023|
|Slot booking for interview||December 2023|
|Dates of Interview||January 2024|
|Result for Interview||January 2024|
|Last Date of Admission||January 2024|
LPUNEST 2024 MBA (Hons)
|Online Registration Starts on||October 2023, onwards|
|Slot Booking for Online Examination||December 2023 onwards|
|Last date of submission of application for LPUNEST||December 2023|
|Essay Submission||From date of registration- December 2023|
|Dates of Entrance Examination #||December 2023|
|Display of Result||December 2023|
|Slot Booking for Interview||December 2023|
|Dates for Interview||January 2024|
|Result for Interview||January 2024|
|Last Date for admission||January 2024|
- This is a tentative schedule; any of the above-mentioned dates and other details are subject to change at the University’s discretion.
- There will be no separate notification or announcement to any candidate(s).
- If seats remain vacant, subsequent admission phases will be held.
LPUNEST 2024 Ph.D. Exam Dates
|January 2024 Schedule (Only Remotely Proctored Test from home)|
|Online Registration starts on||September 2023|
|Last date of Registration||November 2023|
|Dates of Entrance Test||November 2023|
|Result of LPUNEST (Ph.D.)||December 2023|
|Interview Slot Booking||December 2023|
|Interview Schedule||December 2023|
|Result of Interview||December 2023|
|Last Date of Admission||January 2024|
- Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for the LPUNEST and Interview as soon as possible in order to avoid the rush that occurred last month.
- This is a tentative schedule; any of the above-mentioned dates and other details are subject to change at the University’s discretion.
- Attempt a remotely proctored online LPUNEST from the comfort of your own home. This test will have a dual benefit in that it will serve as both an entrance and a scholarship test.
- To view the General Guidelines for a Remotely Proctored Online Exam from Home, click here.
LPUNEST Application Form 2024
On the basis of the previous iteration of the examination, the University will open online applications for the LPUNEST 2024 examination as scheduled on the official website. As eligibility criteria for enrollment to select courses or to avail of scholarship for programs offered by the University, applicants may apply online for the LPU NEST 2024 exam. Find out the important steps involved in LPUNEST 2024’s online application process below.
Procedure for filling out the application form for LPUNEST 2024
Step 1 – Registration: First, applicants must register for the LPUNEST 2024 programme. For registration purposes, the name of the applicant, email ID, country, state, gender, and mobile number must be used. A password must be generated by the applicants as well. The OTP will be sent to the registered email ID that needs to be submitted.
Step 2 – Fee Payment: Applicants have to pay the required application fee. The fee for the application can be paid via online mode, i.e. net banking/credit card/debit card.
Step 3 – Filling the Application Form: Next, applicants will need to fill in the LPUNEST 2024 application form with correct personal, academic and communication information. All the data submitted must relate to the documents held by the applicants.
Step 4 – Uploading of scanned documents: scanned copies of the photograph of the candidate, birth certificate/Aadhaar card and qualifying examination certificate must be uploaded in accordance with the authorities’ specifications.
Step 5 – Submission of the application form: Finally, after checking all the provided details, the applicants must submit the registration form. For future purposes, a print out must be taken.
- Fees for online applications will be paid via debit card/credit card or net banking.
- The LPU NEST kit application form and soft copy will be Rs.800 (for boys) and Rs 500 (for girls).
- The LPU NEST kit application form and printed copy will be Rs.1000 (for boys) and Rs 700 (for girls).
- By paying cash, offline fees will be paid.
- The LPU NEST kit application form and printed copy will be Rs. 800 (for boys) and Rs 500 (for girls).
- DD will be sent to the address given along with the photo and signature:
Division of Admission,
Lovely Professional University,
Jalandhar- Delhi, GT Road (NH 1),
Phagwara, Punjab, India – 144411
LPUNEST 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants applying for admission to more than 250 courses offered by the Lovely Professional University must first meet the minimum requirements conditions of eligibility mentioned. The conditions of eligibility vary from course to course in which the applicants are seeking admission. In general, applicants should look at the following conditions of eligibility relevant to each course.
Qualification: Applicants must have passed any recognized board’s 10th and 12th class examination or equivalent.
Marks Criteria: In their qualifying examination, applicants must have obtained at least 60 percent marks.
Subjects: Students must pass mathematics, physics and English qualifying examinations.
Qualification: Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized institute in any stream.
Marks Criteria: In their qualifying examination, applicants must secure at least 55 percent marks.
Score Card: Depending on MAT, CMAT, CAT, NMAT, XAT, CA (CMA), applicants can apply.
The LPUNEST 2024 exam pattern has been published by Lovely Professional University (LPU). Through the exam pattern, applicants can understand the detailed nature of the exam, such as length, type of questions, section marking scheme, and more. The aspirants will be able to plan well for the upcoming examination by understanding the exam pattern beforehand.
- Exam Mode: Online
- Question Types: Questions will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Exam Medium: The question paper will be set in English language.
- Total Sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, English
- Duration of Exam: The duration of exam is 150 minutes.
- Total Questions: 110 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for PCM/B sections and 2 marks for English.
- No Provision of Negative Marking.
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Language||English or Hindi|
|Total Sections||Physics – 30 Questions|
Chemistry – 30 Questions
Mathematics/Biology – 30 Questions
English – 20 Questions
|Question Types||Objective i.e., Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total Questions||110 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be awarded for each right answer in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.|
In English, for each correct answer, 2 marks will be given.
For wrong answers or unanswered questions, no marks will be deducted.
LPUNEST Syllabus 2024
Aspirants are recommended to check the LPUNEST 2024 syllabus before beginning their preparations. In the LPUNEST 2024 syllabus, the subjects and chapters from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and English that have to be studied for the exam will be present. The applicants can start preparing their study schedule using the curriculum and know what has to be studied to score well in the exam.
The syllabus of LPU NEST will be published in online mode. Based on the 11th and 12th classes, the syllabus for UG courses will be formulated and for PG courses it will be designed based on graduation level.
For B.Tech courses, questions from the fields of chemistry, physics, Hindi, biology and mathematics will be asked.
For MBA courses, questions from the field i.e., English, general aptitude, general aptitude will be asked.
LPUNEST 2024 Preparation Tips
The LPU NETS 2024 Preparation Tips are mentioned here. In the entrance test, the LPU NETS 2024 Preparation Tips will help the students to get good marks.
- Set a time table routine and track it on a regular basis.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and do daily exercise.
- You have to understand the pattern of the exam and the syllabus.
- Solve and practice the question paper and sample papers from the past year.
- Make and regularly revise short notes.
- Do Meditation and Yoga.
- First, clear up the basic concepts and then start the core preparation.
Suggested Books For LPU NEST 2024
Applicants appearing for LPUNEST 2024 should prepare to cover the syllabus effectively from a range of learning resources. In this context, publishers publish various textbooks, guidebooks and other solved papers & question banks. Here we have proposed a few titles that may be helpful in preparing for the LPU NEST 2024 exam.
|LPUNEST Engineering Previous Year Paper|
|Physics Part- I & II Class 12 NCERT|
|Concept of Physics Part-1 HC Verma|
|Concept of Physics Part-2 HC Verma|
|Understanding Physics DC Pandey|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams RS Aggarwal|
LPUNEST 2024 Slot Booking
Applicants are obligated to book a slot for their examination after sending the application form. On the website, the slot booking window will be activated.
The link provided on the website will direct the applicants to the window of registration. To book the slot, they are required to fill in their application number. There are two booking options for the exam slot.
- Applicant (If you wish to select a date on your own)
- University (If you want to allow the university to book a slot)
- Fill your test city carefully after choosing an option as change of Test City will not be allowed in the future.
- Candidates must provide 5 exam date choices if they choose the university option for slot bookings.
The online test reservation system is a web-based online scheduling system that will be accessible from April 2024 at nest.lpu.in.
The center, date and time can be booked by candidates according to their own comfort. They get at least 3 days before the desired date to book the test.
- Slot reservations are carried out on the basis of first-come-first-served and are subject to availability.
- It is strongly recommended that candidates must book their examination slot at the earliest to avoid any problems later on.
If applicants approve the university to book a slot, the university will allow any date for the exam (preferably from the choices given) according to the availability of examination slots.
- Candidates must visit www.lpu.in on a regular basis and must fill in their username and password to check the allocated test slot.
- In the event of the non-availability of slots from the choices made by the applicant or any other delay, the university shall assign the applicant a different date.
After the slot booking process is completed, the admit cards for the LPU NEST 2024 exam are released. Applicants can download the admit card using the credentials obtained during the online registration process by logging into the website i.e. nest.lpu.in. It is compulsory that the admit card be brought to the assigned examination centre on the day of the examination. As per the schedule, applicants must download the admit card from the website and generate various print outs for future reference. Applicants are always advised to carry a photo id card along with an admit card for identity verification.
Download Steps for LPUNEST 2024 Admit Card
- Go to the LPUNEST 2024 Official Website
- Click on the link for slot booking
- The slot booking process will have to be completed by the applicants.
- After the slot booking is done, the LPUNEST 2024 admit card will be generated.
- Disparities must be checked and rectified, if any
- You have to download and print out the admit card.
After the exams, the results of the LPUNEST 2024 exam are uploaded to the official website as scheduled. The result can be inspected using the login credentials by logging into the nest.lpu.in website. Applicants should check their results from the website in their own interest, as no other communication in this regard is made by the University.
The online counselling process for top applicants for admission to the specified program begins after the results have been annoumced. The initial fee payment of Rs 10000 for counseling and other semester fees must be deposited by applicants.
How to check the LPUNEST 2024 result?
- On the official website, the link to check the results of LPUNEST 2024 will be activated.
- To access the results, the applicant will be asked to enter their application number.
- Click the download button and print the result for additional processes.
Results will also be sent to the registered email IDs of the candidates.
LPUNEST 2024 Cut Off
The minimum score an applicant needs to be eligible for admission to the Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test is the LPUNEST 2024 Cutoff.
The cut-off marks for B.Tech courses can be evaluated on the basis of the previous year’s cut-offs for the 2024-22 academic year. Those applicants who perform more than or equal to the cutoff marks will also receive the scholarship.
The minimum marks are established by the university and are based on a number of factors.
The cut-off is determined by the number of applicants, the number of vacant seats, the average entrance exam performance and the cut-off from last year.
A Merit List will be designed on the basis of the student’s score in the entrance test after the cut-off has been declared.
LPU NEST 2024 Counselling
Selected applicants will be invited to the counselling and interview process after declaring the outcome. Counselling is organized via the online mode. After document verification and interview, seats will be assigned to the applicants. Applicants would have to report to the allocated college with an allotment letter after the allotment of seats. Candidates will be asked to submit counseling fees through the online mode.
- Date of Birth Proof (10th certificate, PAN card/Aadhaar card)
- 10+2 Passing Certificate
- Score Card/ Rank card
LPUNEST 2024 Scholarship
Scholarship Categories: Scholarships are offered to applicants in any of the following categories on the basis of their performance:
- Qualification of Eligibility (such as 10+2 for undergraduate programs and graduation for PG programs)
- The Admission and Scholarship Exam for LPU: LPUNEST
- Some national level examinations, such as JEE Mains, NEET, UCEED, CAT, MAT, GATE, GPAT, etc.
Scholarship Brackets: Three Scholarship Brackets (Brackets 1, 2 and 3) are defined for each category listed above. Each bracket symbolizes specific criteria (such as qualification examination scores) that an applicant must meet in order to fall into that particular bracket. As it proceeds, the criteria in each bracket decrease and so do the scholarships. Therefore the applicants fulfilling the Bracket-1 specification get the highest scholarship and the students in Bracket-2 or 3 get a relatively smaller scholarship.
Scholarship Different Stages: The amount of the scholarship also depends on the phase of admission to the university by the applicant. LPU admissions take place in various phases, which are bifurcations of the Admission Time Period. Phase 2 begins as early as January 2024 and continues through to the end of April 2024. Subsequent phases (Phase 2, 3, 4) are carried out only if the seats in the programme concerned remain vacant. With each passing phase, the amount of the scholarship decreases and no scholarship is offered (if carried out) in Phase 4.
Amount of the Scholarship in Various Stages and Brackets: The amount/percentage of the scholarship varies according to the following table:
|Phase – 1||50%||40%||30%|
|Phase – 2||40%||30%||20%|
|Phase – 3||30%||20%||10%|
Scholarship Brackets Details: The following are detailed scholarship brackets for different categories:
Qualification for Eligibility: In addition to the Eligibility Qualification, a scholarship will also be offered for Lateral Entry Programs on the basis of the qualification prior to the Eligibility Qualification. For example, on the basis of a diploma (Eligibility Qualification) or 10th (Qualification prior to Diploma), someone seeking admission to B.Tech (Lateral Entry) can apply for a scholarship.
LPUNEST: Cut-offs are determined by the University for each scholarship bracket and the scholarships are offered as listed in Table 1 accordingly. Refer to the university website www.lpu.in to learn about the tentative cut-off for different programmes and the approximate number of students in different categories.
In addition, the Scholarship is also available on the basis of:
- Eligibility Qualification (for example on the basis of performance in10+2 for Undergraduate Programmes and graduation for PG Programmes)
- Qualification previous to eligibility qualification (for example on the basis of performance in10th for Undergraduate Programmes and 10+2 for PG Programmes)
- Special COVID-19 Frontline Scholarship – A Rs. 20 crores support Initiative
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel and their dependents.
LPUNEST 2024 – Streams Offered
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- ME – Mechatronics
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automobile Engineering (AE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Food Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- CHE – Petroleum
LPU is a recognized University Grants Commission institution. It also has NCTE, CoA, PCI, ICAR etc. accreditation. According to the LPU official website, it is also one of India’s top 100 universities. More than 250 different programs are offered by LPU. These are undergraduate programs, postgraduate programs and even doctoral programmes. The University also offers Diploma Engineering programs for Class 10th graders as well as Integrated B.Tech + MBA/M.Tech programs. LPU is one of the most acclaimed universities in B. Tech, MBA, LLM, PhD and other courses with the main campus in Jalandhar, Punjab. See the official website i.e. lpu.in for more information.
Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar – Delhi G.T. Road, Phagwara, Punjab (India) – 144411 Phone: +91-1824-404404 | 1800 102 4431Fax: +91-1824-506100 (Admission) Fax: +91-1824-506111 (General)
Email: email@example.com (Admissions)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (General)
LPUNEST 2024 FAQs
After seat allocation, the applicant can deposit the fee by visiting the University Campus/ Camp Office via Online Mode or manually.
Engineering, Law, Design, Agriculture, Hotel Management and MBA are the courses offered by Lovely Professional University.
A candidate must have qualified Class 12, is an Indian citizen with 60 percent marks in Physics, Mathematics, and English (for BTech) (General Category) subjects.
The relaxation offered is :
10% relaxation to outstanding Sports Persons (i.e. A/A+ category as per Sports Scholarship), which is subject to verification from Selection committee of the University.
5% relaxation to North-East states and Sikkim candidates/ Defence Personnel and their Dependents/ Wards of Kashmiri Migrants.
Because it is an online computer-based test (CBT), LPU NEST does not provide the LPUNEST answer revaluation facility.
For some courses, like B.Tech, LPUNEST 2024 is compulsory. Applicants can also appear in order to get a scholarship for other programs.
The comparison between the subject wise scores obtained by them and the age of the applicants will be made if there is a tie between two or more applicants. Priority is given to the older applicant.
Candidates must have passed/appeared in the Class 12th exam.
Last year only for B.Tech admissions, LPUNEST was performed as a remotely proctored test.
The Schedule II application form will be released during the second week of January 2024.
Yes. It offers B.Tech programs in different engineering disciplines and is ranked among the top 100 universities/colleges in India.
Yes, for North East State and Sikkim applicants, there will be 5 percent relaxation.
No, applicants will have to make a correction to the application form while filling out the form, and any modification will not be accepted after submission of it.
Total 30 questions will be asked in English subjects.
No, there will be only Indian national candidates eligible to apply.
No, during the entrance test, candidates are not permitted to use calculators or any other electronic device.
Yes, applicants who are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.