In March, the Kerala Commissioner of Entrance Examinations will release the KEAM 2022 exam pattern. The official information brochure will include information on the KEAM exam pattern. Students preparing for the KEAM 2022 must be familiar with the exam pattern in order to get a good understanding of the test. Through the KEAM exam pattern 2022, students will learn about the total number of questions, exam mode, marking scheme, exam duration, and other important aspects of the test. Apart from the exam pattern, students must be familiar with the KEAM syllabus in order to understand the topics that must be covered. The exam pattern can be used to solve KEAM sample papers 2022. In this article, you will find more information about the KEAM exam pattern 2022.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
KEAM Exam Pattern 2022 Highlights
|Mode of Exam||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|The total sum of Papers||2|
|Type of Question-Paper||Objective (MCQs)|
|Total sum of questions per paper||120|
|Marks awarded for a correct response||4|
|Marks deducted for an incorrect response||1|
|Maximum marks per paper||480|
|The time duration for each paper||2 hours 30 minutes|
KEAM Exam Pattern 2022
Following are the required important details that the candidate must know about the entrance exam of KEAM 2022
- Course: The entrance exam of KEAM is conducted for admission to engineering courses and pharmacy.
- Number of Papers: There will be a total of 2 papers in the Exam of engineering.
- Language: The KEAM 2022 exam will be conducted entirely in English. The paper’s instructions will be written in English.
- Exam Dates: In the fourth week of April 2022, the exam will be held.
- Papers: The first paper will cover physics and chemistry, while the second will cover mathematics..
- Number of Questions: Each engineering paper will have a total of 120 questions..
- Question Paper Type: There will be objective questions on this exam. For each question, candidates will be given five options (A, B, C, D, or E), and they must only select the correct option.
- Subjects: Physics and Chemistry will be covered in paper 1 for engineering, while Mathematics will be covered in paper 2.
- Mode of Exam: The questions will be answered on an OMR answer sheet. The exam will be conducted on paper i.e. offline.
- Duration: Each paper will be given 150 minutes (2 and 1/2 hours) to be answered.
- Total Marks: The exam will have a maximum of 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, four marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted from the total score. No marks will be deducted for questions that are not attempted, but multiple answers will result in negative marking. It is recommended that candidates attempt only those questions for which they are certain they are correct.
KEAM 2022 Exam Pattern For Engineering
|Exam Date||Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|April 2022||I||Physics & Chemistry||120||120 x 4=480||2 Hour 30 Minutes|
|April 2022||II||Mathematics||120||120 x 4=480||2 Hour 30 Minutes|
KEAM 2022 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of KEAM 2022 is specified below:
- Candidates will be awarded four marks for each correct response.
- One mark will be deducted from the total score for each incorrect response.
- If a candidate selects two options on the OMR sheet, it is considered a wrong answer, and one mark is deducted.
- Unattempted answers will not be deducted from your total marks.
As a result, candidates are advised not to attempt to answer if they are unsure of the correct response because only guessing can lead to incorrect answers, which can result in negative marks.
KEAM 2022 Qualifying Marks
- A minimum of 10 marks in each of the papers is required to qualify for the engineering exam and be placed on the merit list.
- Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements will be disqualified and will not be considered for admission to the course.
- It should also be noted that applicants who do not answer even one question in each paper will be disqualified and declared ineligible for further admission rounds.
- Applicants from the reserved categories (SC/ ST) will be exempt from the rule, and there will be no minimum score requirement in the KEAM entrance exam for them.
KEAM 2022 Tie-Breaking Procedure
If two or more candidates have the same score, the following criteria will be used to choose the candidate with the higher rank.
- Candidates with higher mathematics scores in KEAM 2022 will be given priority.
- Candidates who score higher in Physics will be given preference if the tie persists.
- If a tie still exists, candidates with higher standardised Mathematics marks in the 12th grade will be ranked higher.
- If there is still a tie, higher standardised marks in Physics from 12th grade exams will be taken into account.
- If none of the other options are successful, the tie will be broken using age. The candidate who is older will be given a higher ranking.
KEAM 2022 Exam Schedule Highlight
|Paper||Subjects||Date of Exam||Time|
|Paper 1||Physics and Chemistry||To be announced||10 am to 12:30 pm|
|Paper 2||Mathematics||To be announced||10 am to 12:30 pm|
KEAM 2022 Important Guidelines
Applicants must adhere to certain rules and regulations in order to maintain the exam hall’s decorum and ensure that the examination runs smoothly.
- Only the KEAM 2022 Admit Card, a blue or black ball-point pen, and a clipboard are required. Inside the exam centre, prohibited items such as correction fluid, calculators, logarithm tables, and cell phones will not be permitted.
- The applicants must report at their respective Examination centre 30 minutes prior the commencement of the exam commences.
- They must make certain that the information on the question booklet is correct, and that the odd-even rule for KEAM Roll number and Question Booklet number is followed.
- Students must darken the bubble in a specific way to mark a response on the OMR sheet, or it will not be counted.
KEAM 2022 Exam Pattern FAQ’S
What are the best books to prepare Physics for KEAM 2022?
Following are some important books while studying Physics for KEAM 2022
|Book name||Publication/ Author|
|Concepts of Physics I & II||H. C Verma|
|Objective Physics Vol. I & II||Arihant Publications|
What is the most important chapter in maths for KEAM?
The weighting of questions from different chapters varies from year to year. Differential and Integral Calculus, on the other hand, are always crucial because they are fundamental chapters that feed into many other domains of not only the Maths paper, but also the other papers.
What is the weightage of Stereochemistry questions in KEAM?
Stereochemistry has a lower weightage than other chapters such as periodic elements and organic compounds because it is a relatively isolated chapter.
What is the weightage of Motion questions KEAM?
Motion is a crucial chapter not only because of its importance, but also because it is a fundamental and conceptual chapter that can be applied to a variety of physics topics. When it comes to Motion, candidates must ensure that their concepts are clear.
From where I can get previous year question papers of KEAM (B.E / B.Tech)?
Any organisation or the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations does not sell previous year KEAM (B.E / B.Tech) question papers. Applicants who have previously taken the entrance exam can also provide you with this information. Another option is to go to the State Institute of Educational Technology, which makes and sells Engineering/Medical CDs based on the previous year’s question papers.
What is the sectional weightage in KEAM 2022?
Paper 1, which includes both Physics and Chemistry, will be given a total of 120 marks, divided evenly between the two subjects. Paper 2, which consists solely of math, will receive a total of 120 marks. As a result, Maths is worth twice as much as either Physics or Chemistry.
Do I have any breaks during the test?
No,During the test, you will not be given any breaks.
What is the total exam duration of KEAM 2022?
There are two papers of two and two and a half hours each to be conducted in 2 days.
What is the standard/level of KEAM 2022?
The level of the entrance exam would be Higher Secondary level or equivalent.
Is there an option to take the exam in an online mode?
KEAM was conducted in an offline mode until 2021, and the same is expected this year. Any changes to the exam mode will be announced here.
What are the materials permitted in the examination hall?
Only your Admit Card, Card Board, and Ball Pen (Black or Blue) are permitted to be carried during the entrance exam.
Is there any negative marking in KEAM 2022?
According to the KEAM marking scheme, for each correct response, 4 points will be added, and for each incorrect response, 1 point will be deducted. There will be no deductions for questions that are not attempted.