KCET 2023 Result will be announced by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) at karresults.nic.in or cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. Candidates can download the KCET result 2023 by entering the correct registration number. The KCET 2023 Result comprises subject-wise scores, rank secured by the candidates, and total scores. The authorities will declare the KCET Result 2023 and the list of the name of the toppers. Check KCET 2023 Important Dates
The candidates who have been shortlisted for the exam or qualified based on the result will be eligible to be called for KCET 2023 counseling process. Based on the rank obtained by the applicants, seat availability and their preferences the final seat allotment will be done. Scroll down the article to get complete information about KCET result 2023, the counseling process, and more. Check KCET 2023 Application Form
KCET 2023 Results will be released on July 2023 by Karnataka Examinations Authority. Applied candidates can check the same from the official website link given below.
Table of Contents
KCET 2023 Result Date
Refer to the following table to know the important dates of KCET 2023 –
|Exam Date of KCET 2023||June 2023|
|Only for Horanadu, Gadinadu, and Kannadiga candidates-Kannada Language Test in Bangalore||June 2023|
|KCET 2023 Result Release Date||June 2023|
KCET Result 2023
KEA will declare the KCET 2023 Result soon through online mode after the written test is completed successfully. Candidates can download the results by entering the correct registration number. They are advised to take the printout of the results and must keep it secure till the completion of the admission process. Check KCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
According to the courses, the ranks will be assigned to the applicants. On the basis of the result, the preparation of the merit list will be done. With the help of the results. the applicants can check the marks and rank obtained by them in the entrance exam.
How to Check KCET Result 2023?
Candidates must check the steps given below to access the results:
- Visit the official portal of KEA i.e. http://www.karresults.nic.in/
- Then, enter the KCET 2023 Registration Number and Date of Birth/Password.
- Now, insert the Captcha asked
- Then hit the “Submit” button
- Now the candidates can view the result of KCET 2023
- Then Download and Take a printout of the result for future reference.
- Then, Keep the printout of the result secure for further process.
Note: If any type of error or mistake is identified in the result, then the student should immediately contact the official authorities.
Details Mentioned in KCET 2023 Result
The KCET Result 2023 comprises all the important and required information about the applicants and the entrance exam. The following details are mentioned in the KCET 2023 results:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- Total Marks Secured
- Subject-wise Scores
- Rank obtained by the applicants
How to Challenge KCET Results?
If any candidate is willing to challenge the result or raise an objection against the result then they need to click on the “Challenge KCET Result” link. After the result declaration, the KEA will activate the link of the result. Refer to the details given below:
- After the declaration of the result, the applicants can raise an objection to rectify the qualifying exam marks, NEET/NATA score, version code, etc within three days of the result declaration.
- After providing the resolution to the candidates the KEA will declare the result of those candidates
- KEA is not going to consider the request for the marks revaluation or scores re-totaling secured in the common entrance exam. Check KCET 2023 Exam Pattern.
- Candidates can object to or challenge the result in the cases given below;
- Doubtful about rank
- If doubtful about qualifying marks
- If candidates have any doubt on the KCET question paper version code
Reasons for not Assigning Rank after the declaration of the KCET 2023 Result
After the declaration of the KCET 2023 Result there several reasons why the candidates are not assigned any rank. Some of the reasons given below:
- If the applicant has marked the wrong version code.
- If there is any change in the qualifying exam scores because of revaluation.
- Due to the absence of the qualifying examination marks.
Tie-Breaking Policy of KCET 2023
If any two or more applicants secure the same or equal marks in the entrance exam, then, in that case, tie-breaker rules will be applied. Candidates need to check the table given below to know more about the KCET 2023 tie-breaking policy. Check KCET 2023 Admit Card
Tie Breaker Criteria for B.Arch
|B.Arch||If the marks secured by the candidates in NATA are the same then the merit will be determined based on the marks obtained in the subjects of Mathematics in the Qualifying exam.|
|B.Arch||If the tie still persists, then the age of the candidates is considered and the candidate with the elder age will secure the higher rank.|
Tie Breaking Rules for B.Tech and Other Courses
|B.Tech and Other Courses||In the first place, the marks secured in Biology / Mathematics will be considered|
|B.Tech and Other Courses||If the tie still continues, then the marks obtained by the candidates in Chemistry / Physics will be considered.|
|B.Tech and Other Courses||Even after this, if the till still persist then the marks obtained in specific subjects in the Qualifying exam will be considered.|
|B.Tech and Other Courses||And if still the tie is not broken, then the candidate’s age will be taken into consideration. The candidate with higher age will be assigned a higher rank.|
Merit by Draw of Lots:
- If all the methods given above fail to break the tie then the KEA will adopt the draw of lots method.
- That means, the merit list shall be prepared by drawing which will be purely based on luck
Raising Objections Against KCET 2023 Result
In case, if any errors or mistakes are found in the candidates in their KCET result 2023, then they can challenge or raise objections against the result. In the following issues the applicants can raise objections against the result:
- If there is any change in the marks of the Qualifying exam
- If the rank is missing on KCET result 2023
- If the marked version code is incorrect in the KCET question paper.
How is KCET 2023 Result Calculated?
The KCET Result is calculated in the following way:
Determination of Scores
The KCET scores will be determined as per the marking scheme decided by the official authority.
- For a correct answer, the candidates will be assigned 01 mark.
- No negative marking is available for the wrong response.
Formula to Calculate KCET Score: KCET 2023 score = Total number of right answers x 1
KCET 2023 Merit List
The KCET 2023 merit list of the applicants will be prepared by the authorities based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying and the entrance exam. The calculation of the KCET merit list 2023 will be done by providing equal weightage i.e. in a 50:50 ratio to the marks obtained by the applicants in the KCET 2023 subject such as Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics and the qualifying exam (10+2).
Preparation of KCET Merit List
The allotment of the rank of the applicants is done as per the marks obtained in the following exa:
- B.V.Sc & A.H. – The allotment of the rank is done as per the candidate’s performance in the KCET subjects are Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
- Engineering / Technology (B.E. / B.Tech) – Based on the marks obtained in both KCET and Qualifying Examination subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics
- B.Sc (all programs) and B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science) – The allotment of the rank for these courses is done as per the candidate’s performance in Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Mathematics in KCET and the Qualifying Exam.
- B-Pharm / Pharm-D / B-Pharm (L.E) – The rank is allotted to the marks secured in KCET 2023 subject such as Chemistry, Physics, and Biology (PCB) or Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics (PCM) (whichever marks is higher in KCET exam).
Post Result Declaration of KCET 2023
After the declaration of the KCET 2023 Result, the applicants who qualified for the entrance exam will be invited to participate in the counseling and seat allocation process based on their results. As a part of the process, the candidates need to check and verify the documents at the center as a part of the counseling process. The candidates will get the option to fill and lock the courses of their choice and colleges as per their choice. The seats will be allotted to the applicants based on the ranks obtained by the candidates, seat availability, and selected preferences.
What is G 55 in KCET Scorecard?
After the result will be declared soon, the applicants may not receive the ranks due to the following reasons:
- To know the qualifying examination marks
- The applicants might have marked the version code in an incorrect manner
- Due to revaluation if there is any changes or modification in qualifying examination marks
The candidates must note that in KCET, the rank of the appeared candidates will be allotted by the computer program. In the categories mentioned above, the new rank number will be assigned to these candidates by KEA. These marks are assigned without disturbing the rank number assigned to the applicants whose result was declared earlier.
KCET Result Statistics
The applicants can know the statistics of the results of the KCET in the following points.
- Total no. of applicants who appeared in the subject of Physics: 1,75,428
- No. of qualified applicants in course of Engineering: 1,53,470
- No. of qualified applicants in course of B.Pharma: 1,55,552
- No. of applicants appeared in the subject of Chemistry: 1,75,337
- No. of qualified applicants in course of Veterinary Sciences: 1,29,666
- No. of qualified applicants in course of Agriculture: 1,27,627
- No. of qualified applicants in course of AYUSH: 1,29,611
KCET Counselling 2023
The KCET 2023 counseling will be conducted by the KEA in online mode. The candidates who have qualified based on the KCET ranks/merit list will be called for the counseling process. The KCET counseling 2023 process consists of online registration steps, verification of the documents, filling choices, and locking the choice. Based on the rank obtained by the applicants, their preferences, and the availability of the seats, the KCET seat allotment will be done.
Key Points Related to KCET 2023 Result
- The declaration of the result will be done in online mode only
- The information required to download the KCET result is the application number and password (DOB)
- Only the candidates who have qualified for the exam will be invited to complete the admission process
- The candidates can object/ challenge the KCET result, after the link of the KEA is activated.
KCET Result 2023 FAQ’S
How will the KCET merit list 2023 be prepared?
The official authorities will prepare the merit list considering the marks obtained by the candidates in KCET 2023 subjects of Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics and the qualifying exam (10+2).
What will be the marking scheme followed for KCET?
There will be a total of 180 questions. 60 marks each is assigned for three sections- Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics. 1 mark will be allotted to the applicants for every right answer. No negative marking for the wrong responses.
What details will be mentioned in the KCET result 2023?
Total marks Subject-wise scores and ranks secured by the applicants will be available in the KCET 2023 result.
How can I check my KCET 2023 result?
Candidates can download the KCET result 2023 by entering the correct registration number.
Is there any provision for rechecking of the response sheets?
No. The applicants can raise an objection/ challenge the result. They need to submit the objections or challenge the result within three days of the declaration of the result.
When will the KCET result 2023 be declared?
The authorities will release the KCET 2023 result date soon.
Can I procure hardcopy of the scorecard?
No. The marks will appear only in online mode.
Which institutes will accept KCET scores?
All the participating institutes and other state-funded and private institutes of Karnataka during the counseling process will accept the KCET scores for admissions in the first year of the selected program.
Will the exam conducting authority display the answer key?
Yes, the exam conducting authority will display the answer key and the response sheets at the time of declaration of the result, candidate’s marks, and other information related to the exam.
What are the documents required for counselling?
The following documents are required by the candidates for the counselling process:
- KCET Admit Card
- Passport size photograph
- Domicile Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- 10th Standard Mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th Standard Mark sheet and passing certificate
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate issued by Subdivision Officer (if applicable)