The Karnataka Common Entrance Exam is popularly known as KCET 2022 or Karnataka CET 2022 and it is a state-level entrance exam. Under the auspices of Karnataka University, the Karnataka CET is conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority i.e. KEA. KCET 2022 is conducted to take admission in different streams of Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, etc.
Applicants who will pass this exam will have the right to access a variety of Karnataka-based institutions and colleges. In this article, we have covered everything you need to know about KCET 2022 such as Application form filling details, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Patterns, and the program.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
KCET 2022 Overview
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2022|
|Commonly known as||KCET 2022/ Karnataka CET 2022|
|Exam Conducting Authority||KEA i.e.Karnataka Examination Authority|
|Examination Mode||Offline i.e. Pen-Paper Based|
|The number of applied candidates (in KCET Previous session)||Mathematics – 91.92 %|
Physics paper- 1,75,428 (90.23 %)
Biology paper – 79.90 %
Chemistry paper – 1,75,337 (90.10 %)
KCET 2022 Exam Dates
The KCET 2022 Exam Dates has been mentioned below in the following table:
|Important Events||Dates 2022 (Tentative)|
|KCET 2022 Application form releasing date||May 2022|
|Last date of submission of the online application form||3rd week of May 2022|
|Last date of making application fee payment||4th week of May 2022|
|Correction in the details||2nd week of June 2022|
|KCET 2022 admit card available from||3rd week of June 2022|
|Exam date of KCET 2022||July, 2022|
|Result declaration date of KCET 2022||3rd week of July 2022|
|Counseling starts from||4th week of July 2022|
KCET 2022 Application Form
The KCET application form will be released by the Karnataka Examinations Authority in March 2022 (tentatively). The application form of Karnataka CET 2022 will be available online only from the official website. Applicants must have to complete and then submit the application form before the last date. While filling out the application form of KCET 2022, eligible applicants will have to provide some required personal & academic details as well as they have to upload the required documents.
Steps to Apply for KCET 2022
- Go to the official website of KCET 2022 and click on the available link of KCET 2022 registration.
- Now provide all the necessary details in the application form.
- You will need to upload some important and necessary documents such as scanned images of the Applicant’s Photograph, Applicant’s Signature, Applicant’s Left-hand thumb impression, and Applicant’s Guardian’s Signature.
- The scanned images should be in the prescribed format in .jpeg/ .jpg.
- The size of the images should not exceed 40 KB.
- The dimension of the photograph must be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
- The dimension of the scanned copies of the Applicant’s Signature & Applicant’s Left-hand thumb impression must be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm.
Payment Mode: Applicants can pay the KCET 2022 application fee in online as well as offline mode.
Foreign applicants are required to pay the application fee through Demand Draft. The Demand Draft for the application fee should be drawn into the favor of the Executive Director, KEA, and payable at Bangalore.
|SC/ST Category-1 / Females candidates of Karnataka only||Rs.250|
|GM/ 2A/ 2B/ 3A / 3B candidates of Karnataka origin||Rs. 500|
|Candidates outside the state of Karnataka||Rs.750|
|Foreign candidates||Rs. 5,000|
KCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority) determines the KCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria for all candidates who wish to attend the entrance exam. All requirements will be listed in the eligibility criteria, including Citizenship, Subject combination, Qualifying marks, Qualifying examination, Domicile, Category, and so on. Applicants must carefully read the eligibility criteria before filling out the KCET 2022 application form. Applicants should be aware that different categories of applicants will have different eligibility criteria for KCET 2022. Applicants who are planning to appear for the KCET in 2022 must meet the eligibility requirements.
- In order to be considered for admission, the applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Applicants who are pursuing and in the final year of the qualifying examination can also be eligible to apply. During counseling, applicants must have to provide passing evidence of the qualifying examination.
|B.Pharma||Applicants should pass class 12th/ 2nd PUC with a minimum of aggregate 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) for general category candidates (40% aggregate marks for reserve category candidates)|
Applicants should pass Diploma in Pharmacy with at least f 45% marks for general category candidates (40% marks for reserved category candidates) from an institution approved by PCI.
|B.Tech/BE||Applicants should pass class 12th/ 2nd PUC with a minimum of aggregate 45% marks in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/Biology/ Biotechnology/Electronics/Computer for general category candidates (40% aggregate marks for reserve category candidates) with English as a compulsory subject.|
|B.Arch||Applicants should pass class 12th/ 2nd PUC with Mathematics as a mandatory subject and secured a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in all the other subjects for general category candidates (45% aggregate marks for reserve category candidates). |
Applicants applying for this course should have a scorecard (valid) of NATA or JEE Main.
|B.V. Sc. & A.H.||Applicants should pass class 12th/2nd PUC with a minimum of 50% marks in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English for general category applicants (40% marks required for reserve category applicants).|
|MBBS/BDS/Ayush Courses||Applicants should pass class 12th/ 2nd PUC with a minimum of aggregate 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology for general category candidates (40% aggregate marks for reserve category candidates) with English as a compulsory subject.|
Applicants applying for this course should have a scorecard (valid) of NEET.
KCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The KCET 2022 exam pattern will be released online by the KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority). Applicants will be able to learn many important details about the entrance exam by using the KCET 2022 exam pattern, such as the exam duration, the varieties of questions that will be asked, the total questions, the marking scheme, negative marking, and many other details. On the official website of KCET, applicants will be able to view the exam pattern of KCET 2022. Applicants preparing for the KCET 2022 exam should review the pattern of the exam as it will assist them in a better manner for preparing for the exam. The mode of KCET is a pen-and-paper exam that is conducted to offer admission to undergraduate engineering programs in the various participating colleges.
- Exam Mode: The exam of KCET 2022 will be conducted offline.
- Type of questions: The Objective type questions will be asked in the paper.
- Maximum marks: The paper will consist of 180 marks in total.
- Marking scheme: For every correct response, one mark will be given to the applicants.
- Negative marking: There is no negative marking for any incorrect response.
KCET Section-wise Pattern
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Duration|
|Kannada Language (in case)||50||50 Minutes|
KCET 2022 Syllabus
The Karnataka Examination Authority will release the official KCET 2022 syllabus for the applicants preparing for the KCET exam. The syllabus covers all the topics that will be relevant to the KCET exam. According to the syllabus of KCET 2022, students will have to study three subjects PCM i.e. physics, chemistry, and mathematics. To prepare for the exam, applicants must go over the topics of all the subjects. Applicants must keep track of which topics are more important and which require more preparation time while studying. Applicants can make changes to their preparation schedules more easily in this way, if necessary.
|Physics||Unit I: Physical World and Measurement |
Unit II: Kinematics
Unit III: Laws of Motion
Unit IV: Work, Energy, & Power
|Second-year pre-university college||Unit I: Electrostatics |
Unit II: Current Electricity
Unit III: Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Unit IV: Electromagnetic induction & Alternating Currents
|Mathematics||Algebra, Analytical Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus|
|First/second year pre-university college or equivalent Algebra||7th & 8thTheory of Indices & Logarithms, Mathematical Induction, Progressions, Permutations & Combinations, Theory of Equations, Binomial Theorem, Partial Fractions|
|Chemistry||Unit I: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry |
Unit II: Structure of Atom
Unit III: Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Unit IV: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
|Second-year pre-university college||Unit I: Solid State |
Unit II: Solutions
Unit III: Electrochemistry
Unit IV: Chemical Kinetics
Unit V: Surface Chemistry
KCET 2022 Preparation Tips
For the preparation of the KCET 2022 Exam, applicants must use some specific strategies & techniques. Strategies & techniques assist you in preparing for the exam and, as a result, you will achieve a high score. Applicants will get benefit from strategizing & planning during the exam preparation for the KCET 2022, as it will help you to meet the required cutoff score. The following are some methods that applicants can use to practice.
Seek Guidance from Expert
Sometimes you may find it difficult to solve a specific problem or understand a concept. You should therefore be asked for the expert’s guidance immediately. If you do not feel that self-study is working for you then you can also attend some coaching classes.
Prepare Notes and Flash Cards
In order to maximize your performance in the exam, you must make notes and create flashcards for necessary formulae. After applying these tips, you can save your precious time and make also it will helpful for revision. You can instantly go through and revise the important formulas and concepts that you need to study for your exams.
Participate in Group Discussions
You can clarify your doubts instantly by talking to your friends when studying in a group. Study in Group ensures a much more extensive learning process and also it breaks the monotony.
Take Care of Your Health and Fitness
While preparing for competitive exams some vital things are required such as physical fitness, good sleep, and nutritious food. By studying for long hours at a time, applicants shouldn’t be exhausted. Short walks, music or watching a film can help them to keep their mind calm and fresh. It is also advisable for applicants to take proper sleep before the KCET. To be fit physically and mentally, it is highly recommended to take a sleep of 7- 8 hours. Each morning, especially on exam day, applicants should feel cool and energetic.
With the help of a stopwatch, the applicants should take mock tests. By giving mocks, you can accurately replicate the way the test is taken and try to conclude the test within the given time. It not only increases applicants’ time efficiency but also improves their responsiveness skills. In addition to the effectiveness of the time, the applicants will also be aware of the type and distribution of questions in the exam.
Positive Attitude and Confidence
People who maintain a positive attitude, always perform better than those applicants who become panic frequently. When preparing for competitive examinations, you have to remain calm & composed. It is also recommended to practice yoga & meditation in order to avoid stress.
KCET 2022 Recommended Books
Applicants are advised to choose the best study material for the KCET exam, which covers the entire syllabus. The following are the most highly recommended books:
|KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test): 14 Years Solved Papers (2007 – 2020)||Arihant|
|Karnataka CET – Explorer Medical (Paperback)||MTG|
|Karnataka CET Explorer for Engineering PB (Paperback)||MTG|
|Principles of physics||S.Chands (V.K Mehta and Rohit Mehta)|
|Textbooks of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics||NCERT|
|New course Physics||Pradeep’s (gomber and gogia)|
|Modern ABC chemistry||S.P. Jauhar|
KCET 2022 Admit Card
KCET 2022 Admit Card is expected to be released in the month of June 2022 (tentatively) by the exam conducting authorities. The admit card will be made available to registered applicants in online mode via login by providing the login details. The KCET exam admit card will include information such as the entrance examination date & time, as well as the exam center’s complete address. Applicants must download & print the admit card, which must be carried on the exam day of the KCET 2022 for verification purposes.
Steps to Download KCET Admit Card 2022
- First of all, login to the KCET’s official website.
- Now click on the related link available for KCET Admit card 2022.
- Now, applicants will have to provide Application no. & Date of Birth.
- After entering the required details click on the “Submit” button.
- After submitting the details, KCET hall ticket/ admit card will appear on the screen.
- Now check all the mentioned details and then take a hard copy of the admit card for future use.
KCET 2022 Exam Centres
The authorities will announce the name of the cities where the KCET 2022 will be held. Applicants will be required to select the cities where they would like to take the exam in order of preference when filling out the KCET application form. The authorities will determine the exact KCET exam centers based on the no. of applicants & available seats, the details of which will be provided on the admit card of Karnataka CET.
|S. No||Exam Centre||S. No||Exam Centre||S. No||Exam Centre|
KCET 2022 Answer Key
The KCET 2022 Answer Key will be available on the KEA website. The answer key will be made available twice. The primary response/answer key will be released first, followed by the final answer key. In case, if the provisional answer key contains an error, applicants can submit their objections to the “Executive Director, KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority), Bangalore”. The objections should be submitted via speed post/email within the specified time period with all supporting documents.
Steps to Download KCET 2022 Answer Key
- First of all, go to the official website and click on the available link of the answer key.
- After clicking on the link, the provisional/ primary answer/response key of KCET 2022 of different subjects such as Physics, Biology, Mathematics, or Chemistry will be displayed.
- Now tally your answer with the provisional answer key to evaluate your probable marks.
- Download the KCET 2022 answer key & then cross-check the answers given in the provisional answer key.
KCET 2022 Result
The KCET result 2022 is expected to be released after the exam is completed. Applicants can access their results online by logging in with their registration no. & password on the official website. Applicants’ subject-wise and overall scores in the Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2022 will be included in the result. The exam results will be used as a basis for further process of admissions.
How to Check KCET 2022 Result?
- First of all, login to the KCET’s official website i.e. kea.kar.nic.in
- Now click on the related link available for KCET Result 2022.
- Now, applicants will have to provide Application no. & Password/ DOB, and then fill in the Captcha code.
- After entering the required details click on the “Submit” button.
- After submitting the details, the KCET result will appear on the screen.
- Now check all the mentioned details and then take a hard copy of the Result for future use.
Note: For any discrepancy in the KCET result, applicants should immediately contact the concerned authority.
Details Mentioned in KCET 2022 Score Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Subject-wise marks obtained by the candidate
- The total score obtained by the candidate in KCET 2022
- Candidate’s Overall Rank
KCET 2022 Cut off
Constituent Colleges will release their KCET 2022 cut-off along with the KCET results. On the official website of the KCET 2022, the Cut off will be released online. The cut-off for the KCET varies by the institute and is calculated separately for each category. If an applicant’s score meets the required cut-off score stated for their specified category, then he/she will be shortlisted for the admission process at various institutions. Applicants must check the cut-off scores for all categories.
Determining Factors of KCET Cutoff 2022
- Level of Difficulty of the KCET 2022 exam.
- A total number of available seats.
- A total number of applicants appeared for the exam.
- Applicant’s performance in KCET 2022.
- Previous year trends of the cutoff score.
KCET 2022 Counselling
KCET 2022 counseling will be conducted online by the Karnataka Examinations Authority. Applicants must register and then need to fill out their choice of colleges/ institutes & courses for admission in order to participate in KCET 2022 counseling. Applicants who pass the KCET 2022 and get a valid rank will be eligible to participate in the KCET 2022 counseling.
The KCET 2022 counseling process will include document verification, choice filling, KCET seat allotment, and reporting to allotted colleges/institutes. During KCET 2022 counseling, applicants must choose their college and course in order of their preference. The conducting authorities will hold two rounds of KCET 2022 counseling together with 2nd extended and a special round of counseling. Seats will be assigned based on KCET performance, preferences, and seat availability.
KCET 2022 Counselling Procedure
The counseling process will be completed in three steps as mentioned following:
Step 1- Verification of Documents- After passing the KCET 2022 exam, applicants must attend KCET counseling to verify their documents at assigned Helpline Centers. This procedure will be carried out in offline mode.
Step 2- Locking and Choice Filling- Applicants who have been verified will be given a secret key & a certificate submission form. This key will assist the applicants in logging into the official website to locking their preferences & choices. The Karnataka Examinations Authority will give them a chance to change/ update locked choices after they have locked them. This procedure will be carried out entirely online.
Step 3- Allotment of Seats- The final step is to get the board’s allocation order. The KCET allotment order will take the applicants closer to admission to desired courses and college.
Documents Required for KCET 2022 Counselling
During the KCET 2022 verification process, applicants must bring the required original documents as well as xerox copies of the same to submit to the center.
- Xth standard Mark Sheet
- XIIth Class Mark Sheet
- Study Certificates from 6th Standard to Intermediate
- Study Certificate signed by the concerned BEO/DDPI
- Print out of the filled-in Application form of KCET 2022.
- Aadhar Card
- Original Copy of fee challan (As proof of application fee payment)
- Rank Card/Score Card of Karnataka CET 2022
- Karnataka CET 2022 Admit Card
- Residence Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if required) circulated by the competent authority.
- Domicile Certificate
- 2 colored recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Medical Certificate (In case of PH (Physically Handicapped) Applicants)
- NCC/CAP/Sports/Minority Certificate if applicable
KCET 2022 Seat Allotment
The KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority) is the responsible body for the Karnataka CET seat allocation process. To know details about the seat allotment for each round, applicants must go to the KCET counseling website i.e. kea.kar.nic.in and log in there after providing the credentials. For applicants who took part in the KCET 2022, the KCET 2022 option entry will be held online.
Seat allocation for KCET 2022 will be based on the applicant’s choices, the availability of the seats in the institutes chosen, and the applicant’s performance in the KCET. The 1st round of KCET 2022 seat allocation will be declared, followed by the 2nd & 2nd extended rounds. Applicants with allotted seats must make choices based on their preferences and then proceed with the KCET 2022 seat allotment process.
Steps to check KCET Seat Allotment 2022 Result
Follow the below steps for seat allotment procedure:
- First of all, open the KCET’s official website.
- Now click on the related link for seat allotment.
- Now, applicants will have to provide the Karnataka CET number.
- After entering the KCET no. click on the “Submit” button.
- After submitting the details, the seat allotment result will appear on the screen.
KCET 2022 Offered Courses
Every year, approximately 2 lakh applicants attend the Karnataka CET. For PUC IInd qualifying applicants, the exam is held once a year. The exam is conducted for those students who want to enroll in the following UG courses:
|B.Sc (Hons) Forestry||B.Tech (Dairy Technology)|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Ag. Maco.||B.Tech (Food Technology)|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Sericulture||B.Tech (Agril. Engg)|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture||B.Tech. Biotechnology|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science||B. Pharma and Pharma-D course|
|B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture||B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc. & A.H.)|
KCET 2022 Scholarships
Applicants belonging to financially weaker backgrounds (SC/ ST/ OBC) can apply for scholarships provided by the Government of India to continue their education. The following are the details of the KCET Scholarships:
Merit Scholarship to College/Professional Institutions Students Belonging To SC/ST/OBC/Minorities
- Applicants belonging to categories (SC/ST/OBC/Minorities) can avail themselves of the scholarships provided by the Department of Welfare. The provided scholarship will have four categories namely A, B, C, and D.
- Applicants who want to pursue higher education (UG/ PG courses) in streams like Medicine, Engineering, Unani, or Ayurveda can apply for the scheme of scholarship.
- The scholarship will be provided to both hoteliers & day scholars.
- The scholarship duration will be based on the course duration.
- Applicants who are applying for this scholarship for those an income limit does not exist. However, the income limit is Rs. 1,00,000/ year for OBC applicants.
- To avail of this scholarship, you can directly contact your Principal or you can go to the official website of the Department of Welfare for OBC/ST/SC.
Post Matric Scholarships for OBC Students
- Applicants who want to pursue courses such as MBBS, MCA, MBA, B.E, BDS, or courses in Ayurved, Unani, Homeopathy, etc. can apply for this scholarship.
- Applying applicants should belong to Backward Categories under G.O. st; 30.3.2002 & should not have availed any kind of other scholarship.
- Applicants will easily avail this scholarship form from their respective institutes/colleges.
- Take the scholarship form and fill it out and you have to send it to the B.Cs. Extension Officer. The filled-in scholarship form will be completely scrutinized & then this post-matric scholarship will give to eligible applicants.
KCET Reservation Criteria
The official brochure will also include reservation criteria for applicants seeking entry through the KCET 2022 (Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2022). In all the engineering institutes/ colleges, admissions through the KCET will be made according to the reservation criteria listed in the table below:
|Reserved Category||Reservation of Seats|
|OBC/SC/ST under 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B category||As per Government orders|
|Sports Quota||As per specifications|
|Rural candidates||15% of the government seats|
|Defense Personnel (Karnataka Origin)||10% seats (in all engineering colleges)|
|Kannada Medium Candidates||5% of the government seats|
|Wards of Jammu and Kashmir Migrants||1% seat (in each engineering colleges)|
KCET 2022 Participating Colleges
There are many colleges in the state of Karnataka which accept the KCET scores obtained by the applicants. All the participating colleges will release their own cut-off list for admission into the different branches. Depending on the KCET marks, the applicants will be invited to the process of counseling. The name of some participating colleges that accept the KCET score is listed below.
- BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- B.M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
- Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
- P.E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
Karnataka CET 2022 Contact Details
Karnataka Examinations Authority,
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560012.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone No: 080 – 23460460
KCET 2022 FAQ’S
Is there any negative marking in the entrance test?
No. Negative marking criteria is not there in the test.
Who is authorized to issue Kannada medium study certificates?
The Principal or Head of the college/ institution is authorized to issue a Kannada medium certificate which needs to be signed out by the BEO of the area/ jurisdiction. Note that the certificates which are unverified will be rejected.
How much time duration will be given to complete the exam?
A total duration of 80 minutes (1 hour 20 minutes) will be given to write the exam.
What are the important documents required during KCET counseling?
To know about the documents required during the KCET counseling refer to the counseling section of the above article.
How many attempts of KCET are allowed?
You can attempt as many times as you want to attempt because there is no limit for no. of attempts. However, one should check the eligibility criteria before applying.
Are the students residing outside of Karnataka eligible to apply?
Yes. The students from outside the Karnataka state can also eligible to apply.
I have made a mistake while filling my KCET online form, can I correct it?
There are two phases to the complete online application process. In the first phase, applicants can complete the details and edit the data a number of times before accepting declaration, and can also take the draft printouts. Applicants may edit/delete/add any information many times before starting the second phase.
Is there any reservation for Kannada medium students in KCET?
Yes, 5% of reservation is there for students of Kannada medium. Note that, applicants from other states than Karnataka will also be eligible for the reservation but they have studied in Kannada medium from class Ist to Xth.
Are 12th appearing candidates eligible to apply?
Yes. Applicants appearing in the class 12th are eligible to apply.
What are the courses I can opt for through KCET 2022?.
The courses that can be opted through KCET 2022 are BSc, MBBS, Home sciences, BIO-tech, BTech, BPharma, Pharma D, & agriculture courses.
Is CET in Karnataka the same as KCET?
KCET stands for Karnataka Common Entrance Test. So yes, both are the same.
Are NRI students eligible to get a seat in the medical course?
Yes, NRI students are eligible to take admission in the medical course and they are also eligible to appear for NEET. So, to get admission in the medical course, it is necessary to score well in the NEET exam.
In what mode is KCET 2022 conducted?
The mode of examination is offline. i.e. exam will be conducted as pen-paper based test.
Is KCET also for lateral entry into engineering courses?
No, through the KCET, you can not apply for lateral entry into any of the courses.