The Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test 2022 (KDCET 2022) is a state-level entrance test. This test is conducted annually by the Karnataka Education Authority (KEA). This KDCET is conducted to offer admission to various Diploma courses in Engineering & Architecture.
For admission to the 2nd year & the 3rd semester in B.Tech/ B.E. course, the Karnataka Education Authority takes the Karnataka DCET. The DCET also offers entry to architecture courses. The details about Karnataka DCET 2022 such as the Application form, Important Dates, Exam syllabus, Results, etc. are provided below.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
Karnataka DCET 2022 Highlights
Applicants can check the following table for basic information related to the Karnataka DCET 2022:
|Name of Examination||KDCET 2022 / Karnataka DCET 2022|
|Full-Form||Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test 2022|
|Conducting Authority||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
Karnataka DCET 2022 Important Dates
All the important dates regarding Karnataka DCET 2022 are mentioned below. The candidates who wish to apply in the Karnataka DCET 2022 must follow the dates given below:
|Notification of Karnataka DCET Release||March 2022|
|Online Application Release Date||May 2022|
|Online Application Form close Date||June 2022|
|Application fee close Date||June 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||June 2022|
|Karnataka DCET 2022 Exam Date||July 2022|
|NATA Exam Date (Language Test)||July 2022|
|Answer Key Release Date||July 2022|
|Karnataka DCET 2022 Result Announcement||July 2022|
Karnataka DCET 2022 Application Form
The Karnataka DCET application form will be released on the KEA’s official website. Applicants must fill and submit the application form before the deadline. The following is a step-by-step procedure for filling the KDCET application form.
How to Fill Karnataka DCET 2022 Application Form?
Applicants must have a thorough understanding of the application process in order to avoid any mistakes when filling out the application form of Karnataka DCET 2022. The following are the step-by-step instructions for applicants to fill out the Karnataka DCET 2022 application form:
- Go to the KDCET’s official website.
- Choose DCET 2022 under the admission tab appearing on the website’s homepage.
- If applicants are a new user, then first they have to register by clicking on the new registration link, and or if applicants had registered before, then they have to log in with their application ID & password.
- To register on the official portal, fill in the required information. Applicants will receive an application number & password in order to log in, on the registered email address or mobile number after completing the registration process.
- Fill out the application form completely with correct informations. Read all of the information carefully before clicking the “Continue” button.
- In the format prescribed by the authority, applicants must have to upload a recent colored passport-size photograph of them, scanned signature, the signature of the parent, & left-hand thumb impression.
- Applicants will not be able to edit the application form of KDCET once it has been submitted, so double-check every detail.
- Now applicants will have to accept the declaration and then have to make payment.
- It is recommended that applicants should download and save the application form for several future references.
Karnataka DCET Application Fee
The Karnataka DCET application fee can only be paid by challan. The applicant must download the e-challan by selecting the preferred bank from the provided list and pay the application fee in the selected bank.
|General category candidates||INR 650|
|OBC category candidates||INR 650|
|SC category candidates||INR 500|
|ST category candidates||INR 500|
Karnataka DCET 2022 Application Form Correction
Applicants who made mistakes/errors while filling out the online Karnataka DCET 2022 application form can make changes within the dates announced by the KEA. The procedure for making changes to the DCET 2022 application form is outlined below.
- Open the KEA’s official website, i.e., kea.kar.nic.in
- Now applications will have to choose the Diploma CET option under the ‘Admissions’ tab.
- Now they will have to open the available link of application form correction.
- Now provide details such as User ID & Password.
- After login, make the changes that you want to change in the Karnataka DCET application form, and then save the details and then logout.
Karnataka DCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The Karnataka DCET eligibility criteria are prescribed by the KEA (Karnataka Education Authority). Before filling the application form, applicants must be aware of the eligibility requirements. The following is the information regarding the eligibility criteria that has been provided.
Karnataka DCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria for B.E
The applicants applying for B.E. should have the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants who have acquired a Diploma or equivalent exam with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks for general category applicants combined in all the subjects in last year of the Diploma course.
- A minimum of aggregate 40% marks combined in all the subjects in the last year for SC/ST/OBC applicants of Karnataka state.
- Applying applicants should have work experience of a minimum of 2 years in any reputed government or private organization.
Karnataka DCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria for B.Arch
The applicants applying for B.Arch. should have the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must have passed the NATA exam with a minimum of 40% marks organized by the COA (Council of Architecture).
- Applicants who have acquired a Diploma or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks for general category applicants combined in all the subjects in last year of the Diploma course.
- A minimum of aggregate 45% marks combined in all the subjects in the last year for SC/ST/OBC applicants of Karnataka state.
Karnataka DCET 2022 Exam Pattern
For those applicants who are preparing to attend the forthcoming DCET examination of Karnataka state must have detailed knowledge of the exam pattern of the Karnataka DCET 2022. Detailed information about Karnataka DCET 2022’s latest examination pattern is available in this article.
The Karnataka DCET exam pattern is easily found out by students from the following sections together with the latest Karnataka DCET marking scheme. The applicants may begin to develop a strategy to crack the exam by knowing the updated DCET Karnataka exam pattern. Here you have everything that you need to know about the Karnataka DCET examination pattern.
|Mode of Exam||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based test|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type i.e. MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours (180 Minutes)|
|Maximum Marks||180 Marks|
Engineering (All Subjects)
|KDCET Marking Scheme||Correct Response: 1 mark for each correct response|
Incorrect Response: No negative marking is there for any incorrect response
Subject wise distribution of marks in the Paper is mentioned below in the table:
|Engineering (All Courses)||100|
Karnataka DCET 2022 Syllabus
The DCET syllabus is decided by the responsible authority. Although Karnataka DCET is a state-level examination but still there is a high competition. The syllabus must be examined before starting the preparation so that clear insight into the type of question asked will be accounted for. The DCET exam syllabus is given below.
Syllabus for Engineering Mathematics and Applied Science:
- Linear Algebra
- Introduction Calculus
- Definite Integral
- Integral Calculus
- Coordinate geometry
- Differential Equations
- Industrial Chemistry
- Application of Differentiation
- Modern Physics
- Heat and Properties of Gases
- Wave Motion
Computer Science and Engineering/Information Science and Engineering Syllabus:
- Operation Systems
- Data structure using C
- Programming with C
- Digital and Fundamental Communication
- Database Management System
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Web Programming
- OOPs with JAVA
- Computer Networks and Security
Electronics and Communication Engineering Syllabus:
- Semiconductor Device
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Measurement and Instrumentation
- Analog and Electronics
- Digital Economics
- Analog of Communication
- Industrial Automation
- Application of Electronics
- Digital Communication
- Advanced Communication
- Data Communication and Networking
- ARM controller
- Embedded System
Karnataka DCET 2022 Preparation Tips
For the preparation of the Karnataka DCET 2022, applicants should have a proper strategy to cover the whole syllabus, in order to spend not only enough time on important topics but also to increase confidence in the final test. Some helpful tips & tricks for the preparation of the Karnataka DCET are given below.
Karnataka DCET Mock Tests
You should give as many mock tests as you can to familiarise yourself with the test pattern and types of questions previously asked during the preparation for the exam. Attempting a mock test is important for better preparation for the exams, as it provides a lot of information about the final entrance examination. It may also be used by applicants to evaluate their overall performance.
Creating A Study Plan
It is vital to plan and implement a study plan in every part of the syllabus. Before making a study plan for the Karnataka DCET, applicants should make a map road of the important topics that will be covered. First, select the important chapters and then prepare them. Take the time to look at previously studied topics. This helps candidates to complete their whole syllabus before the examination and thus reduces the level of stress before the examination.
Time management is the most important aspect of Karnataka DCET preparation. Applicants are said to have perfect time management if they manage their time well enough to cover the entire syllabus in the time allotted by them. Having a separate time out of the exam preparation for revision and relaxation is considered as good management of time.
It is very crucial for applicants to regularly assess their preparation. Regular self-assessment can assist applicants in reviewing and analyzing their preparation journey so that modifications to the study plan can be implemented as needed. It will also help you focus on weaker sections so you can pay more attention to them.
Prepare Short Notes
Making short and crisp notes is one of the most effective parts of the preparation for any exam. Making subject-specific short notes can help applicants to revise quickly for exams. Applicants can use these quick-review notes to quickly review the entire syllabus at the last minute.
Karnataka DCET Admit Card/Hall Ticket 2022
The Karnataka Examination Authority will issue the admit card/hall ticket of the Karnataka DCET 2022. The hall tickets/ admit card for the Karnataka DCET 2022 can be downloaded from the official Karnataka Examining Authority website (KEA).
Applicants can access their Karnataka DCET 2022 admit card by entering their KDCET 2022 applicant credentials, such as their application number & date of birth. Before downloading their Karnataka DCET admit cards, applicants must double-check all of the information printed on the admit card. If there is a discrepancy in the details of the hall tickets, the applicants should immediately contact the concerned authority to fix the errors.
How to Download Karnataka Diploma CET 2022 Admit Card?
To download the admit card of the Karnataka Diploma CET 2022, applicants must have to follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the KEA’s official website.
- Now you have to the link “DCET 2022 Admit Card” to access the admit card/hall ticket.
- Now fill in the Application Number & Birth Date.
- Click on the Submit button.
- After submitting the details, admit card of the Karnataka Diploma CET will appear on the screen.
- Now applicants will have to download & then take a printout of it for future references.
Details in Karnataka Diploma CET 2022 Admit Card
The following are the details that will appear on the Hall Ticket of the Karnataka Diploma CET :
- Candidates name
- Signature of the candidates
- Candidates photograph
- Application number
- Exam Schedule
- Roll number
- Subjects took by the candidate
- Exam Venue
- General instructions
Documents Carry with Karnataka Diploma CET Admit Card 2022
The following documents must be brought to the examination hall by the applicants:
- Admit Card of the Karnataka Diploma CET 2022
- A valid photo proof ID card (Aadhar Card/ Pan Card/ Voter ID Card/Passport)
Note: If an applicant caught with anything mentioned above in the list on the Karnataka DCET 2022, the test of the candidate may be canceled.
Karnataka DCET 2022 Exam Centre
The Karnata DCET exam is held in the Andhra Pradesh state. Applicants can select the exam centers for DCET 2022 whichever is most convenient for them to reach. The following is a list of exam centers of DCET exam:
Karnataka DCET 2022 Answer Key
KEA will release the Answer Key for the Karnataka Diploma CET 2022. Applicants can calculate their approximate score using their answer key. Applicants will receive 1 mark for each correct answer, according to the exam pattern. No points are deducted for incorrect answers or answers that were unattempted. Applicants can read the entire article to learn more about the answer key of the Karnataka DCET 2022, including how to download the answer key, how to calculate scores, and how to get the results.
How to Download Karnataka DCET Answer Key 2022
Applicants can download the Answer Key of the Karnataka DCET 2022 by following the steps outlined below:
- Go to the KEA’s official website.
- Now you have to select the link “DCET 2022 Answer Key” to access the answer key.
- The answer keys of the Karnataka DCET 2022 will be available in the form of the PDF. Now you have to select the desired subject for which you wish to get the answer key.
- Now you can download the DCET answer key and then can calculate your probable marks.
Karnataka DCET 2022 Result
KEA is expected to release the Karnataka Diploma CET 2022 result tentatively in December 2022. Only those candidates who affix their impression of left thumb on the OMR sheet will able to access their Karnataka DCET 2022 result. The merit list of Karnataka DCET will be published in the form of the pdf and will be based on the results of the DCET 2022 and the qualifying degree marks.
Steps to Check the Karnataka DCET Results?
- Open the DCET’s official website.
- Now find and then select the link that refers to the Karnataka DCET result.
- Now fill in your Karnataka DCET registration number & hall ticket number.
- After entering the details, you will have your DCET result on the monitor screen.
- Now download the Karnataka DCET result & take a hard copy of it.
Karnataka DCET Merit List 2022
The Merit List of Karnataka DCET 2022 will be compiled based on the applicants’ performance in the qualifying exam as well as their performance in the entrance exam. The applicants will be assigned a merit position based on secured score. After the release of the Result of Karnataka DCET 2022, the Merit List of Karnataka DCET 2022 will be published. Applicants whose name appear on the merit list will be invited to participate in the counselling process.
How to Download Karnataka Diploma CET 2022 Merit List?
To download the merit list of Karnataka DCET 2022, applicants must complete all of the steps listed below:
- Open the KEA’s official website.
- Applicants will have to click on the DCET 2022 link.
- Further, applicants have to click on the link of the merit list of Karnataka DCET 2022.
- After clicking the link, the Karnataka DCET merit list will appear on the screen.
- Now applicants will have to download the merit list of Karnataka DCET 2022 and search your name, roll no. and rank in the merit list.
Tie-Breaking Criteria for Karnataka Diploma CET 2022
Applicants can check the rules used by the KEA to break a tie if 2 candidates have the same score:
- An inter-se-merit will be calculated based on the marks obtained in the KDCET exam.
- If there is still a tie, the applicants with the highest marks in the second, third, and fourth years will be considered.
- If the tie still persists, the applicants with the highest marks in the first year will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is still there, applicants with the elder in age will be ranked higher.
Karnataka Diploma CET 2022 Document Verification
To confirm the admission, applicants must submit their documents (original) for verification. The KEA official authority will release a verification slip after the documents have been verified. Applicants must then indicate their course preferences via an online form using their account. Applicants will be assigned seats based on their rank in the merit list and the priority of their choices. Applicants should review the list of documents required for the process of verification, which is provided below.
- Application Form of Karnataka DCET 2022 (Hard Copy)
- 2 recent passport size colored photographs
- Challan of Application Fee (Orginal Copy)
- Admit card of the Karnataka DCET 2022
- Mark sheet/Certificate of Class 10th
- Mark sheet/ Certificate of Diploma or Equivalent Exam
- Certificate of Study signed by the concerned DDPI/ BEO
Karnataka DCET 2022 Counselling
Applicants who pass the Karnataka DCET exam will be eligible for the process of counseling after the announcement of the result. Applicants must attend to the counseling centre at the specified time & date, with all the required documents. Applicants who do not report to the counseling center will be unable to enroll in the course.
Karnataka DCET 2022 Post Seat Allotment Process
Applicants will have four options after the seat allocation of Karnataka DCET 2022.
- Applicants who have been assigned seats can accept the allotment of seat by paying the admission fee using this option.
- These applicants will be ineligible to participate in the subsequent counseling round.
- This option is available to applicants who have been assigned a seat but still want a better allotment of seats in Round 2.
- Seats assigned in Round 1 will not get canceled in such a situation.
- If an applicant receives a better seat in Round 2, then he or she can accept this allotment and cancel the Round 1 seat.
- Applicants who select Choice 2 must pay the seat acceptance charge/fee.
- Applicants who are dissatisfied with their seat allotment can use this option to surrender their seat & participate in the 2nd Round.
- Applicants who choose this option will lose their right to the seat that they were assigned in Round 1.
- This option is available to applicants who want to surrender their seats & withdraw from all rounds of DCET counseling.
Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test 2022 (DCET)
Karnataka Examination Authority conducts the Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test. The DCET 2022 exam is a requirement for lateral entry admissions to second-year UG engineering programs & first-year UG architecture programs. These courses are available at Karnataka’s day evening engineering colleges. The exam will be taken offline i.e. it is a pen-paper- based test.
Karnataka DCET 2022 FAQ’S
How will I submit the Application Form?
The Karnataka DCET application form will be submitted online only through the official website.
Is there a difference between Hall Ticket and Admit Card for Karnataka DCET?
No, there is no difference between hall ticket & admit card both are the same.
Where can I report mistakes in my Karnataka DCET to admit card?
If you notice any discrepancy in the details printed on the admit card then you can directly contact to the official authority of KEA.
Is there any negative marking criteria in the Karnataka DCET?
No, there is no negative marking criteria in the Karnataka DCET.
Who conducts the Karnataka DCET?
Karnataka Examination Authority conducts the Karnataka DCET.
What is the official website of Karnataka Examination Authority?
The official website of the Karnataka Examination Authority is cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea
For any queries regarding Karnataka DCET 2022, please comment below.