JKCET 2022 is a state-level entrance test that stands for Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test. Every year, JKCET is conducted by the JKBOPEE (Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination ) to offer admission in Undergraduate courses in Engineering and Architecture (i.e. B.Tech & B. Arch programs).
These courses are offered for the government as well as private colleges/ institutions placed in Jammu & Kashmir. In the below article, the readers will get all the updates about JKCET 2022 such as Application Form, Exam Pattern, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus, etc.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
JKCET 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test 2022|
|Conducting By||JKBOFEE (J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examination)|
|Exam Level||State-level exam|
|Category of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Exam Date||2nd week of May 2022|
JKCET 2022 Entrance Exam Dates
The university is yet to announce the official dates. However, the tentative dates are given below in the table for all important events.
|JKCET 2022 application process starts from||Third week of January 2022|
|Last date to apply for JKCET 2022||Fourth week of February 2022|
|Admit card available from||Fourth week of April 2022|
|JKCET Examination Date||Second week of May 2022|
|Declaration date of JKCET 2022 result||Fourth week of May 2022|
|Counseling of first-round for JKCET 2022||First week of July 2022|
JKCET 2022 Application Form
The candidates qualifying the eligibility criteria will be able to register for the exam, In this section, the candidates will find all the details about the JKCET 2022 Application Form:
- The candidates will be able to apply for JKCET 2022 through online mode only.
- The candidate can find the application forms on the JKCET official website.
- The candidates are required to fill in all the essential details such as the name and address of the candidate along with the educational qualifications.
- The candidates should also submit their scanned photo and signature in proper JPEG format.
- Once the application form has been filled, the fee for the application form has to be paid.
- Candidates can pay the application fee using a debit card, credit card, net banking, or bank Challan.
Steps to fill JKCET 2022 application form
- Registration – The first step is to complete the registration process on the official website of JKCET. To complete the registration process, candidates will have to enter the required details such as the Candidate’s Name, a valid Email address, an active Mobile no., DoB, etc. After filling in the details candidates are required to create a strong login password which will be used for further login. After the completion of successful registration, you will receive an email on your registered email id subjected to provide unique credentials consisting of Application no./id and Password for future login.
- Filling JKCET application form 2022 – After the registration process, candidates are required to log in using their login credentials such as Application No./Id, and Password. After entering the credentials, candidates will have to enter the required details such as Parent details, Educational qualification details, Communication Address, Exam Center preference, etc.
- Uploading scanned documents – After completing the above two steps, candidates will have to upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph (colored), Candidate’s thumb impression, Candidate’s signature, and all the other required documents. The documents must be uploaded as per the specifications suggested by the exam conducting authorities.
How to Register for JKCET 2022?
To fill the application form of JKCET, candidates first have to register themself on its official website. The following steps will be helpful to the candidates to complete the registration process of JKCET 2022.
- Step 1: First of all, visit the official page of JKCET.
- Step 2: Then candidates will have to find and click on the link appearing on the homepage for ‘CET Engineering 2022’.
- Step 3: After that candidates will have to read all the required instructions appearing there and then have to follow them to avail the Application No./ Id.
How to Apply for JKCET 2022?
The steps for filling the JKCET 2022 application form are given below. Candidates can follow the below steps to fill the application form.
- Step 1: Here candidates will have to fill in the details such as Personal Details, and Educational Qualification details.
- Step 2: After that, candidates will have to make payment for the application fee to complete the application process.
- Step 3: In the last, candidates will have to upload the scanned copies of the required images such as Candidate’s Photograph, Candidate’s Signature, and Candidate’s Thumb Impression as per the specification suggested by the exam conducting authority.
- Step 4: After completing the above steps, candidates will have to submit the filled application form, and then will have to take a hard copy of it for future references.
|Candidate’s Signature||Size- (10-50) KB Format- JPEG/JPG|
|Candidate’s Photograph||Size- (10-50) KB Format-JPEG/JPG|
|Marks certificate of the qualifying examination,||(100 – 200) KB|
|Date of birth certificate or matriculation certificate||(100 – 200) KB|
|Category Certificate||(100 – 200) KB|
|Self-declaration of being domiciled in J&K (Residence proof of UT of J&K or Ladakh later)||(100 – 200) KB|
- The Application Charge for JKCET 2022 will be paid online by using a debit/credit card or net banking.
- The charged fee for the JKCET 2022 application form will be INR. 1200 for all candidates.
JKCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
In this section, you will find the eligibility criteria led down by the JKCET, only the students that qualify the requirements will be able to apply for the exam.
- The Candidate should be a permanent citizen of J&K state.
- The minimum qualification of the candidate must be 12th or some equivalent exam from the recognized board which is established by Indian Law.
- The candidate needs to score a minimum of 50% marks, and for reserved categories, the minimum marks are 40%.
- Those interested in applying for Engineering courses, need to pass 12th class or the equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths being the core subjects. Additionally English must be there as a language and compulsory subject
- The age limit should be a minimum of 17 years on or before 31st Dec 2022.
JKCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The details of the JKCET 2022 exam pattern will be available on the official website of JKCET. The exam pattern of JKCET will give you information about the Exam mode, Exam duration, Type of Questions, No. of Questions, Sectional Marks, Marking scheme, etc. Before attempting the exam it is very important to know its pattern, so we have provided the exam pattern of JKCET as mentioned below.
- Mode of Examination: Offline i.e. exam will be taken on OMR sheets.
- Type of Questions: The type of questions asked in JKCET will of Objective type i.e. MCQs only.
- Duration of Examination: A total of 3 hours of duration will be given to the candidates to perform the JKCET.
- No. of questions: There will a total of 180 questions in the JKCET (60 questions from each section).
- Maximum Marks: The question paper will be a total of 180 marks in the JKCET (60 marks for each section).
- No. of sections: There will be a total of 3 sections in the JKCET (Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics)
- Marking Scheme: Every correct response will carry 1 mark while every incorrect response will be penalized by 1/4th marks.
|Exam Mode||Offline (i.e. Pen and Paper based)|
|Total Questions||180 questions (60 from each section)|
|Total marks||180 marks (1 mark for every correct response)|
|No. of Sections||3 (Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics)|
|Type of questions||Objective Type (i.e. MCQs)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours (Physics & Chemistry- 2 hours, Mathematics – 1 hour)|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct response|
|Negative marking||0.25 marks for each incorrect response|
Section-wise Distribution of Marks:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||180 Questions||180 Marks|
JKCET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of the JKCET 2022 will comprise of the syllabus of 12th standard NCERTs of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The important topics of the different sections of the syllabus of JKCET have been given below.
Physics: Optics, Electromagnetic waves, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Current electricity, Atoms and nuclei, Communication System, Electronic devices, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, etc.
Chemistry: Solutions, Chemical equilibrium, Surface chemistry, State of matter, Periodic properties, Redox reactions and Electrochemistry, The chemistry of representative elements, Solid-state, Coordinate chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Transition element including lanthanides, etc.
Mathematics: Sets, Matrix and determination, Limit, Continuity, Conic sections, Differentiation, Trigonometric and Inverse trigonometry functions, Straight lines, Vector and 3-dimensional geometry, Relations and Functions, Sequence & Series, etc.
How to Prepare For JKCET 2022?
Candidates can follow the tips given below to secure a high rank in the exam to get admission to the preferred institutes.
- The main and first part is to prepare a properly structured plan. Candidates are advised to prepare an exam-oriented learning time table based on the JKCET 2022 syllabus. While preparing the time table, you should make sure to include all the important topics in the time table. Make a study slot for each section.
- To ensure the selection, the candidate’s name must have to come in the final merit list after clearing the minimum cut off marks. Therefore the main purpose of the candidates should be to score high. So to score high marks candidates should refer to the last year’s question papers to get an idea about the important topics for the JKCET 2022 exam.
- Try to solve mock tests, and quizzes as much as you can before one month of the JKCET. The experience of mock tests will give you an idea about how to implement concepts, and how to manage time in the exam.
- Since the syllabus of the JKCET is the same as the syllabus of JKCET so it is important to study the NCERTs of Class XI, and Class XII of subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics to clear the fundamentals.
- Remember that revision is the key to become a success in any exam, so revise on daily basis. Revise theories and learn formulae on daily basis. Practice numerical Science and problems of Maths regularly to retain the implementation of concepts.
JKCET 2022 Reference books
Apart from the NCERTs, candidates can refer to some standard books for all sections to strengthen the concepts.
|Mathematics||Objective Mathematics||R.D. Sharma|
|Biology||Dinesh Objective Biology||K.N. Bhatia, K. Bhatia|
|Biology||Trueman’s Elementary Biology – Vol.1||K.N. Bhatia, M.P. Tyagi|
|Physics||Advanced OPTICS & MODERN PHYSICS||D.C. Pandey|
|Physics||Concepts of Physics||H.C. Verma|
|Chemistry||Inorganic Chemistry||J.D. Lee|
|Chemistry||Organic Chemistry||Morrison Boyd|
|Chemistry||JKCET Question bank||MTG|
JKCET 2022 Admit Card
The authority will issue the admit card on their official website. The candidates need to carry the admit card with them while appearing for the examination, failing to do so will result in expulsion from the exam. The admit card will contain all the important details like candidate name, roll no, venue of the exam, date & time. The candidate has to make sure for pasting the photo on the top of the admit card once they receive the admit card.
How to Download JKCET 2022 Admit Card?
- Open the JKCET 2022 website.
- On the homepage of JKCET, click and open the respective link of admit card.
- After clicking on the link, candidates will have to provide credential details such as Application no./ id and Password.
- After entering the details, candidates will be able to see their admit card on the screen.
- Match the details printed on the admit card and then take a hard copy of it for future references.
JKCET 2022 Exam Centre
According to the information available from last year’s information brochure, the exam conducting authority will conduct the JKCET exam in two cities only, Srinagar and Jammu. The test conducting authority will allot the test centers to the candidates and it will be informed by the JKCET 2022 admit card.
It should be noted that once the authority will allot the test center then it will not be changed under any conditions. If an aspirant fails to attend the test due to some reason, then the authority will not serve for the provision of retesting under any circumstances.
|JKCET 2022 Test Centres|
JKCET 2022 Answer Key
After the successful completion of the JKCET 2022, the authorities will release the JKCET 2022 answer key on its official website. The answer key will all the correct answers to questions asked in the JKCET. By matching their answers with the provisional answer key, the candidates will have an idea about the tentative score that they are going to secure in the JKCET result.
If there will be any discrepancy appear in the answer key then the authority will have given the right to the candidates to raise their objection against the answer key. To register the objection, the authority will open the window for the same for a limited time period. After resolving all the doubts of the candidates regarding the answer key (if any), the authority will release the final official answer key, and no modification will be allowed to this answer key. The result of JKCET will be prepared on basis of the final answer key.
- After the completion of the JKCET, the authority will release the answer key on its official website.
- By matching the answers with the provisional answer key, the candidates may have an idea about their expected score.
- In the case of any discrepancy appear in the answer key, candidates can raise their objection against the answer key by submitting the objection charge with a full proof reason.
- Candidates will have to pay the objection charge of Rs. 1000/- for each answer.
- Post the required modification (if any) in the provisional answer key, the authority will release the final official answer key on its official website.
- Candidates have to report their objections within a limited time period only. After this specific period, no objections will be recorded by the authority.
JKCET 2022 Result
The result of JKCET 2022 will be released online tentatively in the 2nd week of May 2022 on the official website. The JKCET 2022 result will be prepared based on the final merit list. Candidates who will clear the minimum cut off will be named in the final merit list. Depending on the rank, the candidates will call for the counseling session to get admission to the desired course and institute.
How to Download JKCET Result Result?
Given below are the steps to check JKCET 2022 Result:
- Open the JKCET 2022 website.
- On the homepage of JKCET, click and open the respective link of JKCET Result.
- After clicking on the link, candidates will have to provide credential details such as Roll no., Application no./ id and Password.
- After entering the details, candidates will be able to see their result on the screen.
- Download the JKCET result, and then take a hard copy of it for future references.
JKCET 2022 Tie Breaking Rule
According to the information brochure of the previous year’s JKCET, the JKBOPEE has decided on some certain criteria for tie-breaking, if in case, two or more candidates get the same marks.
- The preference will be given to that candidate whose marks are comparatively maximum in the Mathematics section.
- If both the candidates get the same marks in the Mathematics section then the marks of Physics section will be considered.
- If both the candidates get the same marks in the Physics section then the marks of the Chemistry section will be considered.
- If both the candidates get the same marks in all the sections of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics preference will be given to that candidate who is elder in age.
Note: Candidates can raise a request for re-totaling of marks by paying a fee of Rs 1000 within three days of the declaration of result.
JKCET 2022 Counselling
The counseling session for admission through JKCET 2022 will tentatively be started in June 2022. The counseling will be held online for those candidates named under the final merit list.
Candidates will have to produce their original documents at the time of counseling for verification purposes. For the counseling, candidates will be charged Rs. 1500.
In the last year when the situation was normal, the counseling session has been held in both the modes online and offline. As per the last year’s available information, we have provided the process of counseling for both modes online as well as physical.
Procedure for Online Counselling
- Only those candidates who have cleared the JKCET 2022 will be called for the online counseling process.
- To take part in counseling, candidates will have to fill the online counseling preference form available on the official websites of jkbopee.gov.in or jakbopee.org.
- The candidates will have to pay the counseling fee (amount to be revealed, last year fee was Rs 1500) for the counseling and seat allotment.
Procedure for Physical Counselling
- Only those candidates who have cleared the JKCET 2022 and named under the merit list will be called for the physical counseling process.
- To take part in counseling, candidates will have to fill the counseling preference form preferred by the exam committee before the last date of counseling.
- The candidates will have to pay the counseling fee (amount to be revealed, last year fee was Rs 1500) for the counseling and seat allotment through the POS machine at the JKBOPEE office at Jammu/Srinagar.
- After the counseling process, the seats will be allotted to the candidates based on merit and course/ colleges/institute’s preference with respect to Jammu and Kashmir reservation rules.
Note: Candidates who secure less than 10 marks or as specified by JKBOPEE will not be considered for admission.
JKCET 2022 Seat Matrix
In the previous year’s Information Brochure, JKBOPEE had provided the details regarding the no. of availability of seats in Government Engineering Colleges of the Jammu & Kashmir. However, it is expected that the seat matrix for the current year will also be provided by the JKBOPEE along with the release of the JKCET 2022 information brochure. Also to give an idea about the seat matrix, we have provided last year’s seat matrix as per the data available in the previous year’s information brochure.
|Institute||Intake Capacity||Seats to be filled by BOPEE|
|University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jangalote, Kathua||120||96|
|Bhargava College of Engineering & Technology Supwal (Samba)||300||285 + 15 (5% seats for TFW candidates)|
|Govt College of Engineering & Technology, Ganderbal, Kashmir||300||315|
|Govt College of Engineering & Technology, Chak Bhalwal Jammu||300||315|
|MBS College of Engineering & Technology, Babliana, Jammu||360||180 + 9.05 (5% seats for TFW candidates)|
|Yogananda College of Engineering & Technology, Patoli, Jammu||420||399 + 21 (5% seats for TFW candidates)|
|Model Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kot Bhalwal, Jammu||420||399 + 21(5% seats for TFW candidates)|
|SSM College of Engineering, Pattan, Baramulla, Kashmir||600||570 + 30 (5% seats for TFW candidates)|
JKCET 2022 Fee Structure
The latest fee matrix for the different institutes of the current year will be provided with the release of the JKCET 2022 information brochure. However, you can check the previous year’s fee matrix for different institutes as per the data available in last year’s information brochure.
JKCET 2022 Reservation Criteria
The seat reservation in the Government Engineering colleges/ institutes will be given for open merit & reserved categories only (As per the previous year’s information brochure). Candidates should check the following details provided as per the information brochure of the previous year’s JKCET.
JKCET 2022 Participating Institutes
To offer admission in to various Engineering and Technology courses many Government and Private institutes will accept the JKCET 2022 score in the UT of Jammu & Kashmir. As per the information available of last year information brochure, the following colleges/ institutes in UT of Jammu & Kashmir are expected to accept the JKCET score for the admission purpose in the desired courses.
|University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kathua||Civil|
Computer Sc. & Engineering
|SSM College of Engineering, Kashmir||Civil|
E & C
|Yogananda College of Engineering & Technology, Jammu||Civil|
Computer Sc. & Engineering
|Model Institute of Engineering & Technology, Jammu||Civil|
E & C
Computer Sc. & Engineering
|Government College of Engineering & Technology, Ganderbal||Civil|
Computer Sc. & Engineering
Electrical & Electronics
|Government College of Engineering & Technology, Jammu||Civil|
|Bhargava College of Engineering & Technology, Jammu||Civil|
E & C
|MBS College of Engineering & Technology, Jammu||E & C|
Computer Sc. & Engineering
JKCET Contact Details
If you have any query or doubts related to the JKCET 2022, then you can directly contact the respective authority at the following address:
|Contact Numbers||+91 194 -2433590, |
+91 194 -2433760,
+91 194 – 2437647
|+91 191 – 2470102, |
+91 191 – 2479371
|Address||Baghat-i-Barzulla, Opposite J&K Bank, Srinagar – 190005||4th Floor, South Block, Bahu Plaza, Jammu – 180012|
An act with regards to the JKBOPEE (Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination) was passed in 2002. Under the provisions of this Act JKBOPEE, the JKBOPEE (Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination) had been established in the year 2002. JPBOPEE replaced the functions of the other exam conducting authority that organized the entrance examinations earlier. JKBOPEE (Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination ) conducts the JKCET to offer admission in Undergraduate courses in Engineering and Architecture (i.e. B.Tech & B. Arch programs).
JKCET 2022 FAQ’S
What is the marking scheme of JKCET 2022?
Every correct response will carry 1 mark while every incorrect response will be penalized by 1/4th marks.
When will the registration process start?
The application/ registration will tentatively start from the first week of February 2022.
I will be 17 in January 2022. Am I eligible for JKCET 2022?
No, You cannot apply. The minimum age of the candidates to apply for JKCET 2022 should be 17 years in December 2022.
Can I edit my application form, after the final submission?
Yes, you may. The authority may provide the facility for modification in the filled details of the application form.
Can I apply through offline mode?
No, you can’t. The only mode of application is online
My category is SC, what will be the application fee for me?
The application fee for SC category candidates will be Rs. 1200.
I have uploaded my photograph without name and date. Will it be accepted?
Yes, it will be accepted. There is no such specification required to uploading the photo, so it will also be acceptable.
What will be the upper age limit criteria?
The authority has not been set the maximum age limit to apply for JKCET yet.
Can candidates not from Jammu & Kashmir apply for JKCET?
NO. Only the candidates having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir can apply for the JKCET.
What the maximum file size of photograph & signature for JKCET application form?
The maximum file size of the photograph & signature for the JKCET application form is 50 kb.
Is calculator allowed in online entrance exam?
NO. Any kind of electronic or digital device is not allowed to take it in the test hall.
What will be negative marking in the examination?
0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect response.
For any queries regarding JKCET 2022, please comment below.