JEMAT 2023: The Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test is a state-level eligibility test and it is popularly known as (JEMAT). Every year, JEMAT is conducted by Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal. The JEMAT exam is a PPT (pen and paper-based) written examination which is held twice in a year in offline mode for those candidates who want to take admission in MBA, MHA and AICTE approved PG diploma courses. The minimum qualification for admission to MBA programs through this test is a Bachelors’s degree in Arts / Science / Commerce / Engineering / Technology / Agriculture or other equivalent professional courses from any recognized university.
Table of Contents
JEMAT 2023 Highlights
|Name of Examination||Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test|
|Popularly Known As||JEMAT|
|Conducting Authority||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal|
|Courses offered||MBA and PG Diploma in Management|
|Application/ Registration Mode||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Exam Duration||120 Minutes [2 Hours]|
|Paper Section||Mathematics, English, Logical Reasoning|
|Total no. of Questions||100|
|Total Marks||1 * 100 = 100|
JEMAT 2023 Exam Date (Tentative):
|Online application form submission date||To be announced|
|Closing date of online application form||To be announced|
|Receiving the print copy of the Registration form Last date||To be announced|
|Admit card Issuance dates||To be announced|
|JEMAT Exam Date 2023||To be announced|
|Announcement of Result||To be announced|
|GD/ PI round for admission||To be announced|
|Counselling Date||To be announced|
JEMAT 2023 Application Form
Candidates who want to fill out the application form for JEMAT 2023, have to visit the official website at www.makautwb.ac.in. The application form will be filled in online mode as per the schedule and no other mode is applicable. Here are the steps that you must have to follow while filling the application form.
How to fill JEMAT 2023 Application Form:
- First, you need to visit the official website of MAKAUT, WB i.e wbut.ac.in
- Now Click on Registration Tab/ Option.
- Now select the form option and click on Form 1-C.
- Fill all the information that is required in the form like Name, Contact Number, Address, Academic Details, Gender, Category/Caste, etc.
- Now click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- A registration number will be sent to candidate’s registered email id or mobile number you have noted down the registration number.
- Take a print out of the Application Form.
- Now again, Login using Registration number [provided via mail] to complete the application form procedure.
- Enter all the details correctly and upload passport size photograph and signature in the specified format suggested by official authorities.
- The final stage is to pay the application fee using an online mode of payment such as debit card, net banking, etc.
Things to Keep in Mind while Filling JEMAT 2023 Application Form
1. Make sure all the information filled in the application form is 100% accurate because once the form submitted, it will not be available for modification.
2. Scanned copies of passport size photograph and signature are needed as per following specifications.
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG||20 kb to 50 kb|
|Signature||JPG/JPEG||10 kb to 50 kb|
JEMAT 2023 Application Fee
Application/Registration fee for candidates belonging to different categories is shown in the table below.
|Unreserved (General) and Other Backward Class (OBC)||Rs. 800/- only|
|Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe (SC, ST)||Rs. 400/- only|
JEMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, applicants need to check all the eligibility criteria for JEMAT 2023. If the applicants do not meet all the eligibility criteria then their application form will be rejected so check and read it carefully. The basic eligibility criteria for JEMAT 2023 are mentioned below:
- Applicants belonging to any country can apply.
- Those candidates who come from Nepal and Bhutan must submit No Objection certificate from their High Commission along with the hard copy of the form.
- Candidates belonging to another country except for Nepal, Bhutan, India ( i.e. Foreign/NRI) must have to submit the Nationality certificate.
- Candidate must have completed their undergraduate degree with a minimum of aggregate 50% marks from any recognized University.
- Final year graduation candidates are also can apply for JEMAT 2023.
- There are no age limit restrictions, candidates of any age can appear for the exam.
JEMAT 2023 Syllabus
There is no specified syllabus for JEMAT 2023, however, it is very much similar to other management entrance tests. Here are the list of some important topics that appear in the exam are as follows:
|Synonyms||Coding & decoding||Algebra|
|Reading comprehension passages||Identifying weak arguments and strong arguments||Geometry|
|Meaning of different words||Identifying the next number in a series||Modern Mathematics|
|Sentence formation||Find the odd one out||Statistics|
JEMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
There are three sections in JEMAT exam, namely English, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning. The clear and detailed information about the exam pattern is shown in the following table.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||20 questions||20 marks|
|English||40 questions||40 marks|
|Mathematics||40 questions||40 marks|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
- Each question is of a single mark.
- There is a negative making of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- The total duration of the examination is of 2 hours (120 minutes].
JEMAT 2023 Hall Ticket
Here is the step by step procedure to download the Hall Ticket. You just need to follow the steps-
- First, you need to visit the official website and go on the Menu.
- Now click on the “JEMAT 2023” tab.
- Click on the option of “Download Hall Ticket”.
- Enter the Application ID provided via mail at the time of form filling.
- Now the Admit card/ Hall Ticket will be displayed on the system’s screen.
- Take a print of the Admit Card/ Hall Ticket and keep it very safely.
JEMAT 2023 Result
JEMAT 2023 result will be declared very soon. The step-by-step procedure to check JEMAT 2023 result is given below:
- First Go to the official website.
- Now Click on the JEMAT 2023 Result option.
- Enter your Application Number/ Roll Number and Password.
- Click on the View and download option for JEMAT 2023 Scorecard.
- Now after downloading take a printout of “JEMAT 2023 result / Score Card” for future reference.
JEMAT 2023 Counselling Process
After releasing the cut-off marks, final eligible candidates will be called for the counseling process as per a fixed schedule. Only those candidates who have cleared the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round will be able to attend the counseling process. Candidates have to carry the following documents with them, at the time counseling.
- Scorecard of JEMAT 2023.
- Hall Ticket of JEMAT 2023.
- Caste certificate or PH certificate [if applicable].
- All the original academic mark sheets and certificates with the self-attested photocopy.
- Valid ID proof with photo.
JEMAT 2023 Selection Procedure
The selection procedure is based on three stages – Exam, GI and PI, and Counselling. Candidates who have appeared in JEMAT 2023 written exam and have passed in the examination then only they will have the opportunity to attend the GD and PI round and finally the counselling session.
- Written JEMAT exam
- Group Discussion/ Personal Interview (GD/PI)
JEMAT Participating Institute 2023
Qualified JEMAT 2023 applicants can enter the various participating JEMAT colleges affiliated with the University of Technology Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, West Bengal. Here are some of the good schools accepting the JEMAT 2023 scorecard.
|Haldia Institute of Technology|
|2||Institute of Engineering & Management|
|3||Netaji Subhash Engineering College|
|4||Siliguri Institute of Technology|
|5||Dr. B.C Roy Engineering College, Durgapur|
|6||Bengal College of Engineering & Technology|
|7||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Institute of Management Science|
|9||Army Institute of Management|
|10||Institute of Business Management & Research|
|11||Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology|
|12||Future Institute of Engineering and Management|
|13||NSHM College of Management & Technology|
|14||Bengal Institute of Technology and Management|
|15||Calcutta Institute of Engineering and Management|
|16||Saroj Mohan Institute of Technology|
|17||Aryabhatta Institute of Engineering and Management, Durgapur|
|18||Haldi Institute of Management|
|19||Calcutta Institute of Technology|
|20||International Institute of Management Science|
|21||Institute of Management Study|
|22||Seacom Engineering College|
|23||Post Graduate Institute of Hospital Administration|
|24||ABS Academy of Science, Technology & Management|
|25||NSHM College of Management & Technology, Kolkata|
|26||Swami Vivekanand Institute of Science & Technology|
|27||Swami Vivekanand Institute of Management & Computer Science|
|28||Supreme Knowledge Foundation Group of Institutions|
|29||Regent Education & Research Foundation Group of Institutions|
|30||Brainware Group of Institutions – Sabita Devi Education Trust|
|31||NSHM Knowledge Campus, Durgapur Group of Institutions|
|32||Budge Budge Institute of Technology|
|33||NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata Group of Institutions|
|34||St. Mary’s Technical Campus, Kolkata|
|35||Future Institute of Engineering and Management|
|36||Pailan College of Management & Technology (MBA) Division|
|37||Heritage Business School|
|38||Narula Institute of Technology|
|39||TECHNO India (MBA)|
|41||JIS College of Engineering|
|42||Institute of Science & Technology|
|43||IMS Business School|
|44||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
JEMAT 2023 FAQ’s
Is there any concession in the application fee for reserved category candidates?
Yes, there is a concession of INR. 400/- for all reserved category candidates.
Is sending hard copy of JEMAT 2023 application to the university is necessary?
Yes, all the candidates must have to take a print out of the filled application and send it along with the DD [Demand Draft] and other documents to the university address.
Are the final year graduation students can apply for JEMAT 2023?
Candidates, who are in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply. However, they must have to provide the final year mark sheet at the time of admission.
What is the marking scheme of JEMAT 2023?
Each question is of 1 mark, and there is total of 100 question in the paper. For every wrong answer, there is a penality of .25 marks
Will the University send my Admit card/ Hall Ticket by Post?
No, University will not provide such facility you need to download admit card from the official website by using Application number and password.