The official brochure and the JEE Main 2022 Reservation criteria have both been made available. Based on JEE Main Reservation, candidates who are SC, ST, OBC-NCL, or EWS are eligible for benefits of 15%, 7.5%, 27%, and 10%, respectively. Additionally, applicants for JEE Main 2022 who have a disability of at least 40% will receive a seat reservation benefit of 5% in each of the aforementioned categories.
- The State of Eligibility, or benefits based on the state from which the candidate has taken the qualifying exam, is another factor that determines seat reservations in NITs. Candidates from their home states are eligible for 50% of the seats, and candidates from other states are eligible for another 50%.
- Candidates may take advantage of this reservation by paying a lower application fee, cutoff score, and admission fee during JEE Main Counseling.
- Benefits of JEE Main 2022 Admission to NITs, IIITs, or CFTIs is reserved only for classes, castes, or tribes that are listed on the Central List released by the government of India.
- While this is going on, the state governments’ reservations are followed by JEE Main 2022 Colleges that are operated, assisted, or recognized by those state governments.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
JEE Main 2022 Reservation: Category-wise Criteria
The following is a list of the reservation categories for JEE Main 2022, as specified by the engineering colleges that fall under the jurisdiction of the Central Government:
|Categories||JEE Main Reservation Percentage|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|General Economically Weaker Section (General- EWS)||10%|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer – NCL, where the annual income of the family < Rs. 8 lakh)||27%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|A person with Disabilities (PwD) (Within Every Category)||5%|
JEE Main 2022 Reservation for Women Candidates
- Because the majority of colleges set aside 5 percent of their available seats for female candidates, a female candidate is eligible to apply under the All India Level or Women Quota System.
- For instance, there are colleges that make it easier for girls to get a certain percentage of marks. Therefore, if the minimum score required to apply for a particular seat or course is somewhere around 98 percent, a girl can apply for the same seat with a score of somewhere around 93 percent.
- Under the JEE Main reservation, the relaxation is about 3% more for female PwD students.
JEE Main 2022 Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
Persons with disabilities (PwD) are people who have at least 40 percent of a certain disability, which has been defined in terms that can be measured and certified by the certifying authority. “Specified Disability” means the disabilities listed in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016. There are three types of disabilities:
- Low vision and blindness
- hard of hearing and deaf
- Motor impairments such as cerebral palsy, leprosy remission, dwarfism, acid attack survivors, and muscular dystrophy
- Special learning needs, mental illness, autism, and intellectual disability
- Multiple disabilities among those covered by clauses (i) to (iv)
Facility of Scribe/Reader/Lab Assistant
- If the person wants it, he or she should be able to use the Scribe/Reader/Lab Assistant service if he or she has a benchmark disability and has writing limitations, including a slow writing speed.
- If a person with a benchmark disability like blindness, cerebral palsy, or both arms being affected by a locomotor disability (BA) wants a scribe, reader, or lab assistant, they will be able to get one.
- Other people with benchmark disabilities can get a scribe, reader, or lab assistant if they can show a certificate from the Chief Medical Officer, Civil Surgeon, or Medical Superintendent of a government health care institution that says the person can’t write because of a physical disability and needs a scribe to do it for them.
- The order also says that the person taking the test can choose their own scribe/reader, as long as the scribe is one step less qualified than the person taking the test.
- If a candidate with a benchmark disability wants to use their own scribe/reader, they should send information about their scribe.
- Those who use a scribe, reader, or lab assistant will also get 20 minutes of extra time for every hour of the exam, based on how long it is.
- At the time of admission, candidates should find out more about the policy on reservations.
JEE Main 2022 Reservation EWS Quota
Why behind the step?
- This was done after the 124th Amendment Bill to India’s Constitution was passed by the Parliament in January.
- According to this, the EWS candidates will get a 10% reservation in jobs and schools for candidates in the General quota.
Who falls under the EWS category?
- People who are not included in the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs
- Whose family makes less than Rs 8 lakh a year?
- You can get a reservation under EWS if you have a certificate from a competent authority that shows your income and assets.
Who can’t access the EWS quota?
No matter how much money a family makes, candidates can’t use the EWS quota if they belong to any of the following groups:
- who come from families that own at least 5 acres of farmland.
- Applicants who own a home that is at least 1,000 square feet.
- Candidates whose parents own a residential plot of at least 100 square yards in a city or town that has been notified.
- Applicants whose parents own a 200-square-yard or larger residential plot outside of the notified municipalities.
Authorities that can issue an ‘Income and Asset Certificate’
Here’s a list of the organizations that can give out an “Income and Asset Certificate”:
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional’Deputy Commissioner/First Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate! Extra Assistant Commissioner or Executive Magistrate
- Chief Presidency Magistrate, Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate, or Presidency Magistrate
- A Revenue Officer who is not lower than Tehsildar
- Sub-Division Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family usually lives.
JEE Main 2022 Reservation in State Universities
The JEE Main reservation rules for state universities in 2022 will depend on the state’s reservation rules.
|Home State Quota||Those who passed JEE Main and graduated from high school in a certain state will be included in the home state quota. These candidates will have a better chance of getting into the schools in that state than those from other states.|
|Other State Quota||This includes JEE Main applicants from states and union territories other than their home state.|
JEE Main 2022 Reservation of Seats in Different Institutes
The table below shows the JEE Main 2022 reservation requirements for IITs, NITs, CFTIs, and state engineering colleges.
|Name of Premier Institutes||Reservation Criteria|
|NIT (Other State Quota)||50% of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to all other states and Union Territories excluding Home State.|
|Government Funded Technical Institutes||Based on the All India Quota|
|Centre Funded Technical Institutes||Based on Home Quota/ State Quota/ All India Quota|
|State Funded Technical Institutes|
|NIT (Home Quota)||50% of seats are reserved|
|State Engineering Colleges||Based on State Quota|
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility for Different State Quotas
The table below shows which candidates are eligible for different state quotas in NITs, IIEST, and two other GFTIs:
|Assam University, Silchar||Home State Quota||Candidates whose home state is Assam|
|All India Quota||All candidates (including home state candidates)|
|All NITs except NIT Warangal, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, and Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur||Home State Quota||Candidates whose home state is the same as the state in which the institute is located|
|Other State Quota||Candidates whose home state is different from the state in which the institute is located|
|NIT Goa||Home State Quota||40% for candidates whose home state is Goa and vacant seats, if any, from the 10% quota of UTs of Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Lakshadweep.|
|Other State Quota||Candidates belonging to other states.|
|NIT Warangal||Home State Quota||Candidates whose home state is Telangana|
|Other State Quota||Other States candidates (including Andhra Pradesh)|
|Andhra Pradesh Quota||Candidates whose home state is Andhra Pradesh|
JEE Main 2022- NIT Reservation Policy
- In NITs, the Home State Quota takes up 50% of the seats and the Other State Quota takes up the other 50%.
- Home State Quota (HS Quota): HS Quota is for people who have finished their 12th grade in the same state as the school.
- Other State Quota (OS Quota): This is for people who live in states other than their home state.
- Union Territories that don’t have an NIT would use the home-state quota for the following institutes:
|Andaman and Nicobar Island||NIT Puducherry|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||NIT Goa|
|Daman and Diu||NIT Goa|
How to Claim JEE Main 2022 Reservation?
- On the JEE Main 2022 Application Form, you have to list the category and give details about it.
- Bring the correct and valid certificates to the JEE Main 2022 Counselling so they can be checked.
- If a candidate doesn’t send in the necessary paperwork, they will be put in the “unreserved” category.
JEE Main 2022 Reservation: Documents Required
During the Seat Allocation Process and at the time of admission, SC, ST, OBC, PwD, and GEN-EWS candidates must show the original certificates that were given to them by the right people.
The people who can give out SC/ST certificates are:
|District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ Deputy Collector/ I Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/ Sub- Divisional Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner( not below the rank of I Class Stipendiary Magistrate)|
|Administrator/ Secretary to Administrator/ Development Officer Lakshadweep Islands.
(Circulated vide No. 2/223/79- SWL/4337 dated 8.6.96)
|Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate|
|Sub- Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.|
|Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar|
|M.L.A. of the concerned constituency (Circulated vide No. 1/19/94- RCI/6045 dated 15.7.94)|
The following types of authorities have the authority to issue certificates for backward classes:
|Sub- Divisional Officer (C)|
|District Revenue Officer (Circulated vid No. 2/223/79-SWL/4337 dated 8.6.90)|
|M.L.A. of the concerned constituency (Circulated vide No. 1/19/94- RCI/6045 dated 15.7.94)|
A woman can apply through the All India Level or Women Quota System since most colleges set aside 5% of their seats for women. Women candidates will also have to pay less for their applications.
The only PwD candidates who can use a scribe are those who are blind, have severe dyslexia, have a disability in their upper limbs, or have lost fingers or hands, which makes it hard for them to use the Computer Based Test platform.
Yes, Gen-EWS/SC/ ST/OBC(NCL)/PwD candidates must upload their certificates in the format that was given to them by the appropriate authority. If a candidate doesn’t have the certificate yet, he or she can still upload the self-undertaking, but the certificate must be uploaded by the end of May 2022.
Reservations for admission to NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs will only be given to classes, castes, and tribes that are on the central lists made by the government of India. Whoever wants to get into a state engineering college through JEE Main 2022 will have to follow that state’s rules on reservations. The JEE Main Secretariat/NTA will not read any letters, emails, complaints, RTI cases, or court cases about reservation criteria.
No, there are no seats set aside in NITs for the grandsons of veterans who have served. GOI rules say that candidates from the OBC, SC, ST, and PwD categories can only get reserved seats if they meet less strict requirements.