JEE Main Photo size and Signature Guidelines: The official brochure for JEE Main 2022 as well as photo and signature guidelines are published on the website jeemain.nta.nic.in. When completing the JEE Main 2022 Application Form, candidates are required to upload a JPG or JPEG version of their photograph and signature.
- Candidates must also upload a recent, high-quality photo that has been recently scanned. Applications for JEE Main 2022 from candidates won’t be accepted if the required documents aren’t the correct size.
- The two sessions of JEE Main 2022 will be in June and July. From June 23 to June 29, JEE Main 2022 Phase 1 is scheduled, and from July 25 to July 30, JEE Main 2022 Phase 2.
When submitting their JEE Main 2022 applications, students must be precise about the style and dimensions of their uploaded signature and photo. Continue reading “JEE Main 2022 Photo-size and Signature Guidelines- Document Size, Dimension and Format” for more information.
Table of Contents
JEE Main 2022 Photo-size and Signature Guidelines- Highlights
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 1.5cm||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|Format||JPG/ JPEG||JPG/ JPEG|
|File Size||4KB – 30KB||10kb – 200kb|
JEE Main 2022 Documents Required
In addition to the scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and signature, candidates are required to upload a number of other documents. The following is a list of the important documents that must be submitted in order to complete the JEE Main 2022 Application Form:
- Recent Photograph
- Candidate’s Signature
- Duly Verified Result awaited attestation form-
- In the event that a candidate’s result has not yet been determined, a properly completed and checked result awaited attestation form needs to be uploaded.
- This document is given to you by the Principal or Head of the educational establishment in which you are currently enrolled.
- The applicant has either already taken the examination for the 12th class and the results are still pending or the candidate has not yet taken the examination for the 12th class and will do so in the near future.
- Category Certificate-
- Candidates from SC/ST/OBC/EWS categories need to show their Category Certificate in order to get some benefits, such as a spot on the list, a lower application fee, and a lower cut-off score.
- Applicants must upload the original certificate in the format given by the appropriate authority in their state.
- PwD Certificate-
- Candidates with 40% or more disability are considered for reservation under PwD quota.
- Such candidates must submit their Person with Disabilities Certification while filling JEE Main Application Form
JEE Main 2022 Photo-size Specifications
When filling out the JEE Main registration form, you have to upload a scanned image of yourself, your signature, and the signature of your father, mother, or guardian. Make sure they are all set. Here are the details about the JEE photo requirements:
Recent color or black-and-white passport-sized photo with the candidate’s name and the date the photo was taken printed on it, as shown below:
- However, pictures without a date and name will also be accepted.
- The photo should have been taken against a light-colored background, preferably white.
- The applicant should have a calm face and look straight at the camera.
- Make sure there is no “red-eye” if the picture was taken with a flash.
- You can wear glasses, but make sure there are no reflections and you can see the eyes clearly.
- You can’t wear hats, caps, or dark glasses. Only religious headwear is allowed, but it can’t cover your face.
Note: Applicants can keep 6–8 identical photos in case they need them for the entrance exam, the seat allocation process, or the admission process.
JEE Main Photograph Sample
|JEE Main Photo Specifications|
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 4.5cm|
|File Size||10kb – 200kb|
Note: If the file size is more than 200Kbs, change the scanner’s settings, such as the number of colors, DPI resolution, etc., while scanning.
JEE Main 2022 Signature Specifications
Along with the photo, applicants must also include scanned images of their signature and the signature of their father, mother, or guardian. Here are the most important parts of the JEE Main Signature Specifications:
- Signatures must be written in black ink on white paper.
- No one else but the applicant and his or her father, mother, or guardian can sign it.
- The applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet at the exam and on the call letter should be the same as the signature they uploaded. They will be eliminated if there is any mismatch.
JEE Main Signature Sample
|JEE Main Signature Specifications|
|Dimension||3.5cm X 1.5cm|
|File Size||4KB – 30KB|
JEE Main 2022 Photo size and Signature Guidelines- Do’s and Don’ts
There are a few things that a candidate for the JEE Main 2022 should keep in mind.
- During the test, applicants should sign their names across their photos in front of a proctor.
- Students must bring extra copies of the passport-sized photos they sent in that show their faces clearly and in the right colors.
- The picture shouldn’t have a hat or glasses in it.
- Spectacles are only allowed if they are worn all the time.
- Polaroid pictures are not acceptable.
- Upload your signature and the signature of your guardian in running handwriting in the right box on the JEE Main Application Form.
- Putting your full name in all capital letters in the box won’t work as a signature. If you do this, the application form could also be thrown out.
The only person who can access the JEE Main Form Correction window is a candidate who has paid the application fee. So, make sure to fill out the application form and pay the fee.
JEE Main 2022 Photo size and Signature Guidelines- Scanning Documents
Students are reminded that the following points are essential to keep in mind while scanning the required photograph and signatures for the JEE Main 2022 exam.
- Make sure that the scanner’s resolution is set to at least 200 dpi (dots per inch), and make sure that the color mode is set to true color.
- The size of the file ought to be as described earlier.
- When using the scanner, crop the image so that it reaches the very edge of the signature or photograph. Next, using the upload editor, crop the image to the required dimensions to complete the process (as mentioned above).
- It is recommended that you use the JPG or JPEG file format for both your signature and your photograph. Image01.jpeg is an example of a valid file name.
- Candidates have the option of either listing the files in the folder or hovering their mouse pointer over the image icon in the file to check the image dimensions. Candidates who work on computers running Microsoft Office or Windows can quickly generate an a.jpeg file of their signature and photo by using the Microsoft Paint or Microsoft Office Picture Manager programs.
- An error message will be displayed on the screen if the file’s size, dimensions, or format do not conform to the specifications.
- Candidates will be given a link during the online registration process to upload their photographs and signatures.
The following is the procedure to follow in order to upload your photograph and signature for JEE Main 2022:
- There will be two separate links for people to use in order to upload their photographs and signatures.
- To upload your photograph and signature, click the link that says “Upload Photograph.”
- To find the location where the scanned photo or signature file has been stored, select the “Browse” button and then click it.
- Simply clicking on the file in question will open it for you.
- Choose ‘Upload’ from the menu, then hit enter on your keyboard.
JEE Main 2022 Photograph Upload Guidelines
Candidates have a propensity to make mistakes when selecting their photographs during the JEE Main 2022 registration process. They frequently upload pictures that are not done in accordance with the instructions that have been provided, and as a result, those pictures are disqualified. The following is a list of some of the most common errors that candidates can make:
- The photo that is uploaded ought to have been taken with a high-quality camera. It is best to avoid taking pictures with the camera on your mobile phone because the resulting image will be distorted. It is recommended that the background of the photograph be white.
- The applicant needs to look directly into the camera while making eye contact in order to get a good picture. Additionally, you shouldn’t wear a muffler or scarf because it might cover your face. In the photo, the subject’s face must take up more than 75 percent of the total visible space.
- A photo with a shadow on the face, which makes it very difficult to see the subject’s features, will not be accepted. In the photograph, the candidate’s face should be able to be seen very plainly. Additionally, ensure that the image that was uploaded does not have a low digital resolution (100 x 75).
- It is acceptable for candidates who have vision issues to appear in the photo wearing spectacles; however, candidates should refrain from wearing tinted glasses or sunglasses in the photo. A photograph that has light or an excessive amount of glare on the eyeglasses will not be approved.
Note: During the JEE Main Form Correction process, you will have the opportunity to change any uploaded images that do not satisfy the outlined photo requirements. Candidates have the ability to change their photographs by re-uploading a suitable photo into the application form and then submitting the form once more. The changed information will be reflected in the application form as soon as it is submitted.
JEE Main 2022 Other Document Upload Guidelines
The Category Certificate and the PwD Certificate are both additional documents that must be submitted during the JEE Main 2022 Registration process. The following are the guidelines for uploading documents for the category certificate and the PwD certificate for the JEE Main 2022 exam:
|Particulars||PwD Certificate||Category Certificate|
|Minimum File Size||50 kb||50 kb|
|Maximum File Size||300 kb||300 kb|
JEE Main 2022 Photo-size and Signature Correction
The NTA will activate the link for correcting the images of the signature and photographs that have been uploaded. Candidates have the ability to fix any problems that occur while uploading images by using the same. The following is a step-by-step guide for correcting your photo and signature for the JEE Main 2022 exam:
- Please navigate to the JEE Main 2022 official website and then click on the link labeled “Form Correction.”
- Simply click on the link that says “Remove Image Discrepancy.”
- Candidates can access their application page by logging in with the application form number and password they were given.
- After you have adjusted the photo to conform to the NTA’s requirements, click the “submit” button.
Reasons for JEE Main 2022 Photo-size and Signature Correction
Correction of photo sizes in uploaded images for the JEE Main 2022 will be required if the following conditions are met:
- The image is not as per the specifications
- The photo is blurred
- The signature is not clear.
- The signature is in capitals
- Image of signature is not as per specifications
- The background is not acceptable
- The spectacles worn by the candidate have shown a red eye
Read on to learn about the photo size requirements for JEE Main 2022, the size of signatures for the candidate and his or her father, mother, or guardian, and some examples. Candidates must follow what NTA says about how to scan and upload their documents. If a candidate does not follow the instructions, their application will be turned down.
When registering for JEE Main 2022, if you experience any difficulties uploading your photo or signature, you must call NTA at their helpline at 0120 6895200.
No, candidates must upload their photos for JEE Main 2022 in JPG or JPEG format only, per NTA guidelines.
No. When completing the JEE Main 2022 Application Form, the required photograph and signature must be uploaded. The registrations will be insufficient if the necessary documents are not provided.
Yes. For JEE Main, the NTA will accept either a black-and-white or colored photograph as long as the ears and 80 percent of the face (without a mask) are visible on a white background.