The admit card for the JEE Main Phase 2 examination 2022 has not yet been distributed. As was the case with Phase 1, it is anticipated that NTA will release the admit card for JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 approximately two to three days before the exam. The authorities will first release the examination city intimation (tentatively today, i.e., July 19), which will include information regarding the candidate’s city where the examination center is located, and then they will release the admit card. The link to download admit cards for JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 has been activated on the official website, which is jeemain.nta.nic.in. Candidates can download their hall ticket by entering their application number and date of birth in the appropriate fields.
The JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 examination will take place between the dates of July 21 and July 30, 2022. However, according to the most recent reports, the Director General of the NTA, Vineet Joshi, has confirmed that the JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 examination will not be administered beginning on July 21. Candidates are reminded to take note that there has not yet been an official announcement made on the official website; however, based on the reports, it appears that the NTA may now conduct JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 beginning on July 24 rather than July 21.
Checking and working through the JEE Main 2022 Question Papers for the phase 1 exam is a great way for candidates who are studying for the Phase 2 exam to get a feel for the kinds of questions that will be on the test. The JEE Main grading system has been updated for this academic year by NTA. Both multiple-choice questions and answers with numerical values are subject to a negative marking. During the JEE Main 2022, you will lose one mark for every incorrect response you provide.
Table of Contents
Phase 2 Exam Dates
|Events||2022 Exam Dates- Session 2 (July)|
|2022 Phase 2 Registration||July 11, 2022 to July 12, 2022|
|Phase 2 Admit Card||2-3 days before the exam (Soon)|
|Phase 2 Exam Dates||July 21, 2022 to July 30, 2022|
|Display of 2022 Phase 2 Answer Key||1st week of August 2022|
|Declaration of 2022 Phase 2 Result||4th week of August 2022|
|2022 Counselling process starts||4th week of August 2022|
Is JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Postponed?
According to reports found online, the NTA may delay the exam even though the organization has not yet made an official announcement on the matter. According to the reports, the Director General of the NTA, Vineet Joshi, has confirmed that the JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 examination will not be administered beginning on July 21. It’s possible that NTA will start holding JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 on July 24 rather than July 21. After the official announcement, this page will be updated with any official updates that come from NTA.
Phase 2: New Changes
In the second phase of the JEE Main, the NTA implemented a number of changes. The candidates can check the information that is provided below to get more specific details about the alterations.
- NTA Has Eliminated the Minimum Marks Requirement of 75% The NTA has eliminated the minimum mark requirement of 75%. The candidates now only need their 12th passing certificate in order to be considered for admission into JEE Main, regardless of the score that they obtained.
- Adjustments Were Made to the Marking Scheme Previously, there was no provision for negative marking for numerically based questions. However, the NTA has implemented a negative marking system for this section as of this year.
- Increase in the Number of JEE Main Exam Centers The number of JEE Main exam centers has been increased to 501 cities in India and 13 centers outside of the country for the 2022 examination. When filling out the application form for the second phase of the JEE Main in 2022, candidates will have the option of selecting from four different testing locations this year.
- Your JEE Main Score Card will be sent to the mobile number you registered with: The candidates will receive the JEE Main 2022 result in pdf format via text message on the mobile number they registered with.
- Candidates are strongly encouraged to fill out the JEE Main 2022 application form very carefully because this year after the application form has been submitted, there will not be any opportunity for candidates to make corrections to the information that they have provided on the application form.
- Exam to be Held in 13 Languages: JEE Main will be held in 13 languages including Bengali, Hindi, English, Assamese, Gujarati, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Kannada, Malayalam, and Marathi.
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Number of Sessions||2 (April & May)|
|Mode of Examination||Paper 1 – Computer-based Paper 2 – Computer and pen-paper based|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into NITs, IITs, CFTIs, and a Qualifying test for JEE Advanced|
|Official Portal||jeemain.nta.nic.in and nta.ac.in|
Phase 2 Eligibility Criteria
The following is a list of eligibility criteria that candidates need to meet in order to be qualified to apply for 2022 Phase 2:
Date of Birth Criteria
- In order to be eligible to take the JEE Main 2022 examination, candidates’ birth dates must fall on or after October 1, 1997.
- Candidates applying under the SC/ST/PWD category are eligible for age relaxation of 5 years, but they must have been born on or after October 1, 1992.
- The date of birth of the candidate as it appears on their tenth-grade certificate will be taken into consideration.
General Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates who are going to take the exam must have either completed the 10+2 (intermediate) level of education or an examination that is recognized as being equivalent to it in 2021 or 2022.
- Candidates who attempted their 12th exam in 2019, but did not pass it, will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Math, Physics, and Chemistry are the subjects that must be studied in order to pass the qualifying exam.
- Applicants who have completed diploma programs lasting three years will also be considered eligible to apply for the second phase of the JEE Main.
- The eligibility requirement of achieving a score of 75 percent or higher has been eliminated for the JEE Main phase 2 examination by NTA, just as it was the year before.
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Application Form
The application window for JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 is currently open. Registrations for JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 have been reopened as of the official notice that was distributed by NTA on July 11, 2022, and will continue until July 12, 2022. (till 11:50 PM). The official website is where candidates can submit their applications for the JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 exam. The JEE Main 2022 phase 2 application form is open to candidates who have never applied before as well as candidates who have already registered for phase 1.
To finish your application for the JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 examination, please follow the steps below:
- Please go to the official JEE Main website, which can be found at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Follow the link on the home page to access the application form.
- Simply proceed after clicking the “New Registration” button. Please make sure you have a thorough understanding of the instructions before moving forward.
- Complete the required fields with your personal information, including your name, date of birth, parent’s names, gender, category, exam center preference, and educational details.
- Please ensure that your photograph and signature are uploaded using the appropriate format.
- You can pay the Application Fee with a debit card, credit card, or the internet banking facility that your financial institution provides.
- Get a printout of the page that confirms that your application was received for future reference.
2022 Phase 2 Application Fee
|Papers||Category||In India (In INR)||Outside India (In INR)|
|Paper 1- B.E./B.Tech or
Paper 2A- B.Arch or
Paper 2B- B.Planning
|Paper 1- B.E./B.Tech +Paper 2A- B.Arch or
Paper 1- B.E./B.Tech + Paper 2B- B.Planningor
Paper 1- B.E./B.Tech +Paper 2A- B.Arch +Paper 2A- B.Arch or
Paper 2A- B.Arch +Paper 2A- B.Arc
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Exam Pattern
- In the B.E./B.Tech Paper for the JEE Main 2022 phase 2 examination, candidates will be required to attempt 75 questions out of a total of 90 questions.
- The Numerical Value section of the test will be expanded to include five to ten additional questions.
- In the phase 2 exam for the B.Arch program and the B.Planning program on the JEE Main in 2022, there will be 82 and 105 questions, respectively.
The table that follows provides information on some of the most important aspects of the test’s format.
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Total marks for B.Arch Paper||400|
|Mode of Drawing test for B.Arch Paper||Offline|
|Marking Scheme||+4 for every correct answer in MCQs and Numerical Value questions-1 for every wrong answer in MCQs and Numerical Value questions|
|Total number of questions in B.Arch paper||82|
|Type of Questions||MCQ & Numerical|
|Total number of questions in B.Planning Paper||105|
|Total marks for B.E/B.Tech Paper||300|
|Total number of questions in B.E/B.Tech Paper||90|
|Total Marks for B.Planning Paper||400|
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Syllabus
There have been no modifications made to the JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Syllabus by NTA. In the JEE Main 2022 examination, the curriculum will be the same for both session 1 and session 2. In the table that follows, candidates can examine some of the most important aspects of the JEE Main 2022 curriculum that will be covered in phase 2.
|B.Arch||Mathematics, Aptitude Test, and Drawing|
|B.E/B.Tech||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|B.Planning||Mathematics, Aptitude test & Planning-based objective type MCQs|
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Preparation Tips
To pass, candidates taking part in JEE Main phase 2 in 2022 must develop a sound preparation plan. Important JEE Main 2022 Preparation Advice is provided below.
- possess a thorough understanding of the mathematics, physics, and chemistry topics taught in classes 11 and 12.
- Before creating a daily study schedule, thoroughly review the syllabus and exam pattern for the JEE Main 2022 exam.
- Start by reading NCERT textbooks and completing JEE Main practice tests from previous years.
- Try the practice exams to learn the chapter weighting for the JEE Main 2022 exam.
- Set a timer to the length of the exam and attempt practice papers and papers from previous years.
- Don’t waste your time on difficult questions; instead, start by answering the straightforward ones before moving on to the more difficult ones.
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Preparation Youtube Channels
Candidates are strongly encouraged to subscribe to YouTube channels for tips and tricks that make calculations easier. The names of some well-known YouTube channels for JEE Main phase 2 preparation are listed in the table below.
|Youtube Channels||Study 24/7, IITJEE Master (PCM), M-Learning (IIT JEE), Topper, Unacademy Learning App, Vedantu|
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Chemistry Preparation Books
The following chemistry texts are available for candidates to use as they get ready for JEE Main Phase 2 in 2022.
|NCERT||NCERT Chemistry part 1 and 2 for Classes 11 and 12|
|O.P. Tandon||Physical Chemistry|
|Morrison Boyd||Organic Chemistry|
|J.D. Lee||Concise Inorganic Chemistry|
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Mathematics Preparation Books
The following mathematics texts are available for candidates to use as they get ready for JEE Main Phase 2 in 2022.
|Class 11 & 12||R D Sharma|
|Higher Algebra||Hall Knight|
|New Pattern Mathematics for JEE Main/Advanced||Arihant|
|Complete Mathematics for JEE Main||Tata McGraw-Hill|
|Trigonometry||S L Loney, Titu Andreescu, and Zuming Feng|
|Problems in Calculus of One Variable||I A Maron|
|Coordinate Geometry||S L Loney|
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Physics Preparation Books
The following physics texts are available for candidates to use as they get ready for JEE Main Phase 2 in 2022.
|Arihant Publications||Understanding Physics by D.C. Pandey: Set of books for Electricity & Magnetism Mechanics (Vol. 1 & 2) Optics & Modern Physics Waves & Thermodynamics|
|Advanced Level Physics: Examples and Exercises||Nelkon, Michael, Parker, Philip|
|Arthur Beiser, Shobhit Mahajan, S. Rai Choudhury||Concepts of Modern Physics|
|R.P. Feynman||Feynman Lectures on Physics|
|SS Krotov||Problems in Physics|
|I.E. Irodov||Problems in General Physics|
|Halliday, Resnick, and Walker||Fundamentals of Physics|
JEE Main Question Papers
The JEE Main 2022 Question Papers for Phase 1 can be downloaded and practiced by candidates preparing for JEE Main 2022 phase 2 to learn more about the types of questions asked in the exam, its overall difficulty, and the subjects that carry the most weight. A direct link to JEE Main 2022 Phase 1 practice questions is provided in the table below.
|Paper/ Subject||Shift/ Slot||Exam Date||Question Paper with Solution|
|B.E./ B.Tech||1||June 29, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||2||June 29, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||1||June 28, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||2||June 28, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||1||June 27, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||2||June 27, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||1||June 26, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||2||June 26, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||1||June 25, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||2||June 25, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||1||June 24, 2022||Check Here|
|B.E./ B.Tech||2||June 24, 2022||Check Here|
|B.Arch/ B.Planning||1||June 23, 2022||Available Soon|
|B.Arch/ B.Planning||2||June 23, 2022||Available Soon|
The admit card for JEE Main 2022 phase 2 is anticipated to be released soon. The name and address of the exam center will be listed on the admit card. Candidates will not be permitted to participate in JEE Main 2022 unless they have their admit card and a valid ID on them.
JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Paper Analysis
After each exam session, JEE Main 2022 Paper Analysis will be updated with information about the exam’s overall difficulty level, each session’s difficulty level, the topics that received the most weight, and the types of questions that were asked. Candidates can also look at the JEE Main 2022 Phase 1 Paper Analysis to learn more about the kinds of questions that were asked during the exam’s June session. Candidates for Phase 2 will benefit from this analysis as they review the subjects that make up the majority of the exam.
|Exam Date||JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Paper Analysis|
|June 21, 2022||Will Be Available Soon|
|June 22, 2022||Will Be Available Soon|
|June 23, 2022||Will Be Available Soon|
|June 24, 2022||Will Be Available Soon|
|June 25, 2022||Available Soon|
|June 26, 2022||Available Soon|
|June 27, 2022||Will Be Available Soon|
|June 28, 2022||Will Be Available Soon|
|June 29, 2022||Will Be Available Soon|
|June 30, 2022||Will Be Available Soon|
It is anticipated that the answer key for JEE Main 2022 phase 2 will be made public within three days of the conclusion of the exam. The candidates will be able to cross-check their answers with the help of the answer key and the response sheet. The candidates will have a window of opportunity of two days to question the accuracy of the answer key. In the meantime, the memory-based session-wise JEE Main 2022 Question Paper PDFs and Answer Keys will be updated on this page following each exam session.
|Exam Date||JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Question Paper||JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Answer Key|
|June 21, 2022 to July 30||Check Here||Check Here|
The final week of August 2022 is when the JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 results are anticipated to be made public. On the official website, jeemain.nta.nic.in, candidates can view their JEE Main 2022 results.
- Candidates must enter their application number and password in order to access the JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 result.
- The top 2,50,000 candidates who show up for JEE Main 2022 will have the chance to show up for JEE Advanced 2022.
The application fee for the JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 B.E./B.Tech paper is INR 650 for male candidates in the General, EWS, and OBC categories, and INR 325 for female candidates in those categories. The application fee is reduced to INR 325 for candidates who fall under the categories of SC, ST, or PwD.
Yes, in order to participate in the JEE Advanced 2022 examination, a candidate must first pass the JEE Main 2022 and place in the top 2,50,000 of those candidates.
Yes. The National Testing Agency (NTA) has changed the dates of the JEE Main 2022 examination for both Session 1 and Session 2, as stated in an official announcement made on April 6, 2022. The JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 examination will now take place between the dates of July 21 and July 30, 2022.
Yes. Negative marking will be implemented in the JEE Main phase 2 paper for both Section A (multiple choice questions) and Section B (numerical value answer type questions), as specified by the revised marking scheme. In the JEE Main 2022 phase 2 question paper, a student will lose one mark for every incorrect answer they submit.
Exams for both the first and second phases of the JEE Main are to be administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
The curriculum for the JEE Main 2022 exam will be exactly the same as it was in 2021. In the event that the NTA decides to make any alterations to the JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Syllabus, those alterations will be reflected on this page after the official announcement has been made.