For the purpose of admitting applicants to Self Financing Technical Institutes, CSAB SFTI is conducted. Seat distribution strictly follows the preference lists that candidates filled out based on their respective JEE Main All India Ranks (AIR) in Paper I, Paper II, and Paper III. The CSAB SFTI is comprised of 34 institutes in total.
Details of CSAB SFTI
- Due to the insufficient number of SFTIs participating, SFTI Counseling will not be offered in 2021–2022.
- A required fee of INR 21,000 via e-challan must be paid during registration.
- According to the JEE Main Cutoff and the preferences entered by applicants during choice filling, seats are assigned.
- Report in person at the designated institutes to complete the necessary paperwork and have your documents verified.
- The assigned seat will be cancelled if you don’t show up for reporting.
Academic Qualification for CSAB SFTI
A set of academic qualifications, which are listed below, are necessary for CSAB SFTI counselling:
- The applicant must have qualified JEE Main Paper 1 (for B.Tech. ), Paper 2 (for Arch. ), or Paper 3. (For B. Plan.)
- A JEE Main rank and combined 10+2 exam marks of 75% are required.
- For those wishing to pursue a degree in architecture, a minimum of 75% overall marks and a Paper 2 JEE Main qualification are required.
- Aspirants for the B. Plan will need a minimum of 75% overall marks as well as a Paper 3 JEE Main qualification.
- Candidates must have taken a minimum of five subjects for the qualifying examination for class 12.
Pre-Allotment Steps for CSAB SFTI
Before participating in the CSAB SFTI Allotment Process, there are a few pre-allotment steps that must be completed:
- Register yourself using your JEE Main Roll Number at csab.nic.in, the CSAB’s official website.
- Pay the INR 21, 000 initial registration fee at State Bank of India using an e-Challan.
- Keep a copy of the e-challan receipt on file.
- Verify personal information before registering online.
- At the time of registration, you can change information like the State of eligibility, gender, and category.
|Mentioned Category in Application Form||Modification Permitted|
Steps for CSAB SFTI Allotment Process
Candidates can check the CSAB SFTI step-by-step allotment procedure here:
Step 1: Payment of Initial Fee
Get an e-challan and pay the initial fee of 21,000 INR (refundable). The following are the steps to make the payment:
- Visit csab.nic.in site.
- Download the e-challan format.
- Fill out the required information carefully and accurately.
- Pay at the State Bank of India location that is closest to you.
Step 2: Choice Making and Locking
- After six hours have passed since the fee has been submitted, the registration and decision-making steps will be open.
- You can access the list of colleges and available courses after confirmation to make your selection.
- Prior to the deadline, submit or lock the list of options. The most recent saved preference is taken into account as your final choice if you forget to lock the options.
- If the third round of seat allocation is a success and you are not given a seat, you can change your selections.
- You are eligible for the final round of counselling if you have given up your previous seat assignment because you were unhappy with it.
- In the final week of July, you can apply for Spot Counseling if you were unable to register for the previous rounds of counselling.
Step 3: Document verification and Seat Allocation
- You can determine the assigned college or institution thanks to seat allocation. Have all of the required documentation on hand for verification. The order of preference and All India Rank in JEE Main are used to allocate seats.
- Your chosen institution will receive a Provisional Seat Allotment Letter.
- Download and print the form, then submit it, along with any supporting documentation, to the reporting centres listed in the letter.
- The board will issue the Provisional Admission Letter once the verification is complete.
Step 4: Seat allocation and Reporting to the Institutions
The candidate becomes eligible for the CSAB seat allocation process once they register and select their preferred institutes. They can then check their status on the official website. The procedure for assigning seats and informing the institutions is as follows:
- Visit the official website to view the seat allocation.
- Download the online display of the “Provisional Seat Allotment Letter.”
- Seats will be assigned based on the order in which preferences were entered during the online choice-filling process, merit according to exam rank, category [GEN, OBC-NCL, SC, etc.], and the availability of seats in the relevant Institutes/Branch.
- Candidates who have been given a seat should report to the institute to which they have been assigned with all necessary documentation.
- If a candidate does not show up at their respective institutes by the scheduled time despite being assigned a seat, their candidacy will be forfeited. There will be no refund of the registration fee.
Documents Required for CSAB SFTI
Along with the original documents, candidates must also carry copies of each document that they have self-attested.
- One passport size photograph
- Class XII (High School) Board Certificate and Marks sheet of the qualifying examination
- Class X marks sheet as proof of date of birth and Name
- Category Certificate for OBC-NLC (central list) issued by a competent authority in a stipulated format.
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
- Self-attested printout of locked choices and terms and conditions taken from CSAB website.
- Receipt of fee payment by e-challan of SBI
- Category Certificate (SC/ST) in the format given on JoSAA website (Issued by competent authority)
- Disability Certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD) in the given format.
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- Photo ID proof
- JEE Main Scorecard
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Admission requirements for the B. Architecture programme:
A rank in JEE Main Paper 2
Minimum 75% overall grade point average in five subjects, including Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, in 12th class.
Ans. B.Tech, B.E., and 5-year integrated B.Tech+M.Tech admission requirements:
A rank in JEE Main Paper 1
Minimum 75% overall grade point average (45% for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, or PwD) in class 12th.
Candidates must obtain the minimum PASS scores required by the respective 12th-grade boards.
Physics, Mathematics, one of these from (Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Biology, or Technical Vocational Subject), one language, and any other fifth subject will be used to calculate the overall marks for the CSAB SFTI.
Ans. Admission requirements for B. Planning:
A rank in JEE Main Paper 3
A minimum of 75% overall in 5 subjects in the 12th grade, with mathematics being one of the required subjects.