IMU CET 2022 Exam Pattern: Indian Maritime University will set and release the Pattern of IMU CET 2022. The applicants applying for the Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Diploma courses and Ph.D. program must have knowledge about the IMU CET 2022 Exam Pattern. According to the Exam Pattern of IMU CET 2022, there are six sections that comprise 200 MCQ-type questions. Each question carries 1 mark, therefore the question in total carries 200 marks.
The basic specifications of the examination such as the type of questions asked, duration of the examination, negative marking, and others are mentioned in the IMU CET 2022 exam pattern. The exam pattern of IMU CET 2022 helps in the better preparation of the candidates for the exam syllabus of IMU CET 2022.
The structure of the question paper is clearly explained in the IMU CET 2022 examination pattern. The analysis of the IMU CET exam pattern is very essential before creating a strategy for preparation. The analysis helps in gaining knowledge about the total number of sections, total number of subjects, marking scheme, and many more. The applicants should also be familiar with the syllabus of the IMU CET 2022 exam, this will help in gaining knowledge about the significant topics. To know more about the exam pattern of IMU CET 2022 check the details mentioned below.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
IMU CET 2022 Exam Pattern Highlights
The mode of the IMU CET examination is online. The various details included in the IMU CET exam pattern includes the total number of questions, the number of subjects, the marking scheme and, the total marks. The applicants can gain knowledge about the entire format of the entrance examination by having an idea about the exam pattern.
- The organization of the IMU CET 2022 is done in a single shift.
- For the UG programmes (except BBA), there are mainly 200 Multiple Choice Questions. Whereas for the PG programmes there 120 Multiple Choice Questions.
- There are mainly objective type questions in the examination.
- The entrance examination is held for a duration of 3 hours.
- The incorrect answers will not be marked negatively in the examination.
|Number of Questions asked||UG Programmes: 200 MCQ Type (except BBA)PG Programmes: 120 MCQ Type|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Negative marking||Not applicable|
IMU CET Exam Pattern 2022
If the applicants wish to be aware of the question types and the marking scheme of the examination, they need to check the exam pattern of IMU CET 2022. IMU CET is an All India level examination is organized by the IMU to enable admission into distinct programmes in the field of Marine Engineering. To get admission into IMU and the affiliated colleges. The exam pattern of the IMU CET 2022 and the various programmes related to it has been mentioned below.
For UG Programmes (Except BBA programme):
- Exam Mode: The mode of examination will be CBT.
- Type of Questions: The type of questions in the exam will be Multiple choice questions.
- Subjects: The questions in the paper are prepared from various subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, General Aptitude, English and Mathematics of 10+2 level.
- Time Duration: The examination will be for a time period of 3 hours total time duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- Number of questions: The number of questions in each paper for the UG courses is 200.
For PG Programmes:
- Exam Mode: The CBT mode will be utilized for the organization of the examination online.
- Type of Questions: There are Multiple Choice Questions in the test.
- Subjects: The questions in the MBA/M.Sc paper will be from Data Interpretation, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability. The various topics from which the question in the MBA/M.Sc paper includes Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Ability.
- The entrance test paper designed for admission in the M.Tech programme comprises questions from the topics such as English, Mathematics and any one of Naval Architecture/Mechanical Engineering/Marine Engineering/Civil Engineering/.
- Number of Questions: There are a total of 120 questions in the test paper for M.Sc/MBA/M.Tech programme.
- Time Duration: The completion time for the examination is 3 hours.
IMU CET Question Distribution
The total of 200 questions will be prepared from distinct subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude. The bifurcated question marks according to the subjects have been enlisted below.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
IMU CET 2022 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of the IMU CET 2022 examination enables the candidate to know the maximum number of marks that will be provided for a correct answer. According to the IMU, there are no criteria for negative marking.
|Total No. of questions||120|
|Marks obtained for each correct answer||1 mark|
|Negative Marking Scheme||Not applicable|
IMU CET Syllabus 2022
The IMU CET Syllabus consists of all the subjects that the students are required to prepare for their examination. It is advisable that the students study according to the syllabus prescribed to them. This is because the questions are prepared from the prescribed syllabus. The students must also study from the reliable books and study material suggested by their teachers.
|Physics||Standard syllabus of class 12 from any state or CBSE|
|Chemistry||Standard syllabus of class 12 from any state or CBSE|
|Mathematics||Standard syllabus of class 12 from any state or CBSE|
|General Knowledge||Basic Questions based on GK and Current Affairs|
|Logical Reasoning||Pipes & Cisterns|
Fill in/Completion of series based on Pattern/Logic, Data Sufficiency
Syllogism (Logic Syllogism (Logic based questions)
Boat & Streams
Odd Man Out
Height & Distance
Time & Work
Time & Distance
Mixture & Allegation
|English||Synonyms and Antonyms|
Parts of Speech
Meaning of words/phrases
Meaning of words/phrases
Best Books for IMU CET 2022
The distinct test takers and subject experts have recommended a list of books from which the students can prepare. The selection of the books must be done wisely for the exam preparation. This is because the market is filled with several books termed as the best books for IMU CET 2022.
IMU CET 2022 Physics Recommended Books
The list of Physics books mentioned below should be followed for exam preparation by the candidates.
|NCERT part 1&2 class 12th||NCERT||8174506314 & 8174506713|
|Concepts of Physics H.C. Verma Vol 1 & 2||H.C.Verma||8177091875 & 8177092324|
|Understanding Physics series||D.C. Pandey||9350941732|
IMU CET 2022 Chemistry Recommended Books
In order to prepare well for the Chemistry examination follow the books mentioned below.
|NCERT chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 for Class XII||NCERT||8174506489 & 8174507167|
|Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur||P.Bahadur||9382314431|
|Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Paper)||O.P. Tandon||9382314415|
|JEE Main Chemistry Previous year Papers||Arihant||9350947994|
IMU CET 2022 Mathematics Recommended Books
For a good preparation in Mathematics follow the book mentioned below besides NCERT Books for class XI and Class XII.
|Arihant Maths Series by S.K. Goyal for in-depth understanding and practice||S.K.Goyal||35203290X|
IMU CET 2022 English Recommended Books
The English book mentioned below is quite suitable for preparation.
|Wren and Martin for high school English||Wren and Martin||8121900093|
IMU CET Exam Pattern 2022 Important Instructions
Candidates can follow the following instructions in the online IMU CET 2022 Exam: The candidates must keep in mind certain details in order to appear for the test conducted online. Some of the instructions has been mentioned below which must be followed by the candidates.
- The essential details of the candidate such as the name, photograph and others will be displayed on the screen of the allotted computer.
- Approximately 10 minutes before the examination the applicants are required to insert their ‘Username’ mentioned in the admit card.
- Once you have entered the password and username click on the ‘Sign In’ option on the screen.
- The candidates should read the instructions carefully as all the necessary details are mentioned in the instructions.
- You need to click on the ‘I am ready to begin’ option to begin the examination.
- Once you click the ‘I am ready to begin’ option, the time count begins.
Test Taking Process
- There is a Question Palette on the right side of the screen. The applicants can click on the question number to select any of the questions.
- The circular button in the front of each answer can be clicked in order to select an answer out of the four options.
- If you wish to change the answer, you can instantly click on the other circular option. If you want to cancel an answer altogether, then click on the ‘Clear response’ option.
- Once you have selected an answer, it is significant to click on the Save & Next button, else your answer will not be saved.
- In case you want your question to be reviewed, click on the Mark for Review & Next button. If you answer the question and then mark it for review, in that case, the answer will be considered during the evaluation.
- You will not receive a ‘Submit button’ on the screen unless the examination time is over. The test will be automatically submitted after the completion time.
- After submission, you will receive an exam summary on your screen that would contain the name of the subject, number of answered questions, number of unanswered questions and not visited and the questions marked for review.
- Finally, you need to confirm by clicking on the ‘Yes’ option.
- Once you click on the ‘I am ready option’, your timer will begin ticking.
- In case you want to check the time left in the test completion, you can refer to the countdown timer.
IMU CET Exam Pattern 2022 FAQ’S
Is there any provision of negative marking?
There is no negative marketing scheme, therefore, incorrect answers will not market negatively.
Are there any sectional time limits in IMU CET 2022 Exam?
In IMU CET 2022 examination, there is no sectional time limit imposed on the candidates.
What is the type of questions format in IMU CET 2022?
The questions prepared in the examination are mainly objective type or Multiple Choice questions. There are 4 options for the candidates to choose from and mark a correct answer.
How many questions will be there in each section for IMU CET 2022 Exam Pattern?
According to the IMU CET 2022 exam pattern, the number of question in each section of Physics and Mathematics will be 50. Whereas for the English, Chemistry, General Knowledge and Aptitude Test, the number of questions will be 25.
What is the duration of the examination?
The total duration within which the exmination will be held is 3 hours or 180 minutes.
Is there any mark deduction for any unanswered question in IMU CET 2022 Exam Pattern?
No, there will not be any deduction of marks for any incorrect answer for IMU CET 2022 Exam Pattern
When IMU CET 2022 Exam Pattern will be released?
The IMU CET Exam Pattern 2022 and application form will be released together on the official website of the institution. The candidates can view the exam pattern online and obtain further details.