IMU CET 2023 stands for Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test 2023 is a national-level online entrance exam conducted by IMU (Indian Maritime University). IMU CET is conducted for students willing to pursue UG & PG courses in the discipline of marine science. These programmes are offered by IMU & its affiliated institutions. The exam will most likely take place in the first week of June. Here you will find all the information that you need about IMU CET 2023, including the Application Form, Exam Pattern, Exam Eligibility, Exam dates, & Results.
Table of Contents
Overview of IMU CET 2023
|Name of Examination||Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test 2023|
|Acronym||IMU CET 2023|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Maritime University|
|Admission Process||Based on IMU CET|
|Mode of Examination||Online i.e. CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
|Number of Participating Institutes||21|
IMU CET 2023 Exam Dates
From the table given below applicants can check all the important events and their dates. Applicants should double-check the dates to avoid missing any important events such as the release of the application form, exam date, admit card, & more. The dates given below are tentative and final dates are yet to be released.
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Online application starts from||May/June 2023|
|Closing date to apply||May/June 2023|
|Admit card available on||May/June 2023|
|Exam date of IMU CET 2023||To be announced|
|Declaration of Result||July/August 2023|
|Counseling starts from||July/August 2023|
IMU CET 2023 Application Form
IMU CET 2023 Registration will begin from the 1st week of June (tentative). To apply for admission, applicants must fill out & submit the IMU CET 2023 application form online before the deadline. There will be no other application mode available. Applicants who have not registered, will not be permitted to take the entrance exam. It should be noted that all the information entered must be correct.
Steps to Fill IMU CET 2023 Online Application Form
Applicants should follow the steps outlined below to register for the IMU CET entrance exam.
- Go to the IMU’s official website. i.e. www.imu.edu.in
- Now applicants will have to click the ‘CET 2023 Apply Online’ link.
- After clicking, a new page will be open consisting of information related to important instructions.
- Applicants must check the box ‘I Agree’ after reading & understanding all the important instructions.
- Then applicants must select the ‘Registration’ tab & then fill in the required information, including their name (as it appears on their 10th or equivalent certificate), Applicant’s Nationality, Applicant’s Category, Applicant’s DoB, Email address, & mobile number.
- Now applicants must have to click the ‘Submit’ button.
- The application number is sent to applicants via email to the email address & via SMS to the registered mobile number after they have successfully submitted the basic information.
Filling up Application Details
Applicants must provide personal information like Nationality, Mother Tongue, Gender, Guardian’s details, Email address, Registered Mobile Number, Communication address details, Educational information on behalf of 10th Standard, 12th Standard or Equivalent Exam Details, such as Name of Board, Passing Year, Marks obtained in Bachelor’s degree &Exam City details in this section.
Uploading of Documents
The following documents should be uploaded by aspirants as specified in the following section:
- Scanned image of class 10th mark-sheet/ certificate as proof of applicant’s Date of Birth,
- Scanned image of class 12th certificate,
- Scanned image of Bachelor’s Degree (wherever applicable),
- Scanned image of category certificate in case of SC/ST (if applicable),
- Scanned image of recent passport size photograph (200 X 230 pixels, file size- up to 50 KB)
- Scanned image of the handwritten signature.
Payment of Fees
- The online application fee of IMU CET can be paid using a credit/debit card, or net banking.
- Applicants must enter card information such as the card number, CVV, and name.
- After entering details, click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
|General category candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) category candidates||Rs. 700/-|
- Once the application fee has been paid successfully, applicants can easily download their filled-in application form for further references.
- Applicants can contact the exam conducting authority at the given following address if they have any questions about the application procedure or their application number:
(A Central University established in 2008),
East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai – 600119
|WBJEE||AP ICET||TS ICET|
IMU CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must check the eligibility requirements before applying. Age, Physical fitness, Educational qualifications, Eye-sight, and other factors are all considered in the eligibility requirements. Applicants can check the required eligibility from the details provided below:
Two courses are available in the Nautical Sciences program: a 3-year B.Sc Nautical Science and a 1-year DNS Program (2 batches, August & February of each year). The B.Sc. Nautical Sciences courses are available at the campuses in Chennai, Cochin, Navi Mumbai. The DNS program is available at the campuses of Navi Mumbai & Chennai.
B.Tech (Marine Engineering and B.Sc. Nautical Science):
- Age Limit: The age of the applicants should lie between 17 years to 25 years as of August 1st, 2023.
- In the case of SC & ST applicants, 5 years of relaxation will be provided in age.
- Qualification: Applicants must pass class 10th & 12th with PCM & English as mandatory subjects from any recognized board.
- Marks Criteria: Applicants must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in PCM & a minimum of 50% marks in English in class 12th.
- Qualification: Applied applicants must have completed their graduation in any stream from any recognized university/institute.
- Marks Criteria: Applicants must have scored 50% marks in the graduation.
For M.Tech Courses:
- Qualification: Applied applicants must have completed B.Tech. in a respective stream from any recognized university/institute.
- Marks Criteria: Applicants must have scored 60% marks in the last qualifying exam.
IMU CET 2023 Exam Pattern
For all subjects, the IMU CET 2023 exam pattern will be almost the same. This page contains important information about the IMU CET 2023 exam pattern for applicants. Applicants will be able to understand the exam structure by going over the exam pattern. The IMU CET 2023 will be held entirely online in the English medium. Applicants will have a maximum time limit of 180 minutes to answer the questions. Applicants should answer each & every question because there will be no negative marking in this exam. Before beginning their preparation, applicants should review the IMU CET 2023 exam pattern so that they can plan their studies accordingly.
|Mode of Examination||Online test i.e. CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type i.e. Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total no. of Questions||200 Questions|
|Sections & Questions||Mathematics – 50 |
Physics – 50
Chemistry – 25
English – 25
General Knowledge – 25
General Aptitude – 25
|Negative Marking||Negative marking will not be there|
IMU CET 2023 Syllabus
The IMU CET 2023 syllabus will be made available online by the authorities. The syllabus will contain the topics & units that must be studied for the IMU CET. Applicants are suggested to view the syllabus in order to prepare for the entrance exam.
Undergraduate Syllabus of IMU Entrance Test
Questions will be asked from the class 12th English, Chemistry, Physics, and Math, and also from the General Aptitude section.
|General Knowledge||Basic GK, Current affairs|
|English||Parts of speech, Synonyms and Antonyms, Tenses, Idioms, and Phrases, Comprehension passages|
|General Aptitude and Reasoning||Algebra, Numerical computation, Abstract reasoning, Critical reasoning, Time and Distance, Ratio, Mixture and allegation, Heights and distance, Word groups, Pipes and cistern, Clocks and calendar, Boats and Streams, Structural analysis, Data interpretation, Odd man out, Analytical reasoning,|
|Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics||Questions from 12th standard|
Syllabus of IMU MBA CET and M.Sc
The important sections for IMU MBA CET and M.Sc. are given below:
- Verbal ability and
- Data interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative ability
Indian Marine Institute CET M.Tech Syllabus
The important sections for IMU CET M.Tech. are given below:
- Logical reasoning
- Questions will be asked from the respective streams for which they have applied such as Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Naval Architecture.
How to Prepare for IMU CET 2023?
Applicants will be granted admission to UG courses such as B.Sc. (Nautical Science) & B. Tech (Marine Engineering) and PG courses such as MBA (Port and Shipping Management) & M.Tech (Marine Technology, Naval Architecture), through the IMU CET 2023. Each course has its own different syllabus. As a result, it is vital for applicants to know some preparation tips for each course separately in order to create a productive & efficient study schedule for preparation.
Brush Up the Fundamentals
The English Proficiency & Mathematics sections are entirely concept-based. As a result, everyone should brush up on their concepts in order to achieve the expected levels of competence. If you know your basics, you can give the correct answer to the question, regardless of how they’ve twisted. The first stage of preparation entails focusing primarily on the fundamental concepts of all subjects.
Intense Practice Sessions
Only if you have practiced enough for the Logical Reasoning &some parts of the English Language section then only you can give the correct answer to the given questions. Collect as many mock tests, practice papers, & other materials as possible so that you can practice more and more. You will become familiar with the structure & different types of questions in these two sections after a lot of practice.
Increase your Knowledge through Reading
Questions about current events & other topics will be found in the General Awareness section. As a result, you should make it a daily habit to read newspapers, blogs, & magazines. This will broaden your understanding of what is going on in the world around you. If you make this a habit, you’ll be able to complete the General Awareness section in the shortest amount of time possible, and you will have more time to complete the other sections.
Reference Books & Study Materials of IMU CET
Some reference books for the preparation of IMU CET have been given below:
IMU CET 2023 Physics
|NCERT part 1 & 2 class 12th||8174506713 & 8174506314||NCERT|
|Understanding Physics series||9350941732||D.C. Pandey|
|Concepts of Physics H.C. Verma Vol 1 & 2||8177092324 & 8177091875||H.C.Verma|
IMU CET 2023 Chemistry
|Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Paper)||9382314415||O.P. Tandon|
|Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur||9382314431||P.Bahadur|
|NCERT chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 for Class XII||8174506489 & 8174507167||NCERT|
|JEE Main Chemistry Previous year Papers||9350947994||Arihant|
IMU CET 2023 Mathematics
|Arihant Maths Series by S.K. Goyal for in-depth understanding and practice||35203290X||S.K.Goyal|
IMU CET 2023 English
|Wren and Martin for high school English||8121900093||Wren and Martin|
IMU CET 2023 Admit Card
The admit card for the IMU CET will be available online. Tentatively, from the 3rd week of May 2023, the admit card will be able to download. Applicants will not receive their IMU CET 2023 admit card via post. On the examination day, applicants will have to carry their admit card along with one valid photo-proof identity card, such as a voter ID, Aadhar Card, or PAN card. No candidate will be permitted to enter the exam hall without their admit card.
How to Download the IMU CET Hall Ticket?
The following is a step-by-step procedure for checking how to download the hall ticket:
- Go to the IMU CET’s official website.
- Now applicants have to find and then click on the link available for Admit Card.
- Fill in the application no. & password and then submit.
- After submitting the details, the IMU CET hall ticket/ admit card will appear on the screen.
- Read the printed details and then download it.
- Finally, take a printout of the admit card/ hall ticket for future references.
Details on IMU CET 2023 Admit Card
The details mentioned on Admit Card of IMU CET 2023 are given as follows:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Roll number
- Candidate’s Photo & Signature
- Candidate’s DoB
- Exam Venue with Address
- Exam Date & Time
- Other important instructions
IMU CET 2023 Exam Centers
For the IMU Common entrance test 2023, there is a total of 34 exam centres. Every year, the number of exam centers changes accordingly. IMU reserves the right to change the CET exam center & location as needed. If there aren’t enough applicants in one centre, the applicant will be assigned to a different one. If there are a large number of applicants in a city, multiple examination centres are set up. Applicants will have three options to choose the exam centers from the list given below:
IMU CET 2023 Result
The conducting body of the exam, namely IMU, will announce the IMU CET 2023 result. Applicants can check their IMU CET result 2023 on the university’s official website. The results are presented in the form of PDF files containing the names of all passed applicants. IMU CET 2023 results will be usually declared in the form of a merit list. Based on the merit list, applicants are invited to the counseling process.
How to Check IMU CET 2023 Result?
Applicants can apply online by visiting the official website by following the steps given below:
- Go to the IMU CET’s official website i.e. imu.edu.in
- Now applicants have to find and then click on the link available “IMU CET Result 2023”.
- Choose the course for which you have appeared in the exam.
- Download the IMU CET result, it will be available in PDF format.
- Press Ctrl+ F and fill your roll no. to easily check the Result.
- Finally, take a printout of the IMU CET result 2023 for future references and keep it safe till admission.
Details Mentioned on IMU CET Scorecard 2023
|Name of the Candidate||Marks secured in each section||Overall Rank|
|Candidate’s Registration Number||Total Marks||Subject Opted|
IMU CET 2023 Cut Off
After the announcement of the results, the cut-off of the IMU CET 2023 will be published. Applicants can access their cut-off scores in the online mode. To be considered for admission, applicants must obtain the minimum cut-off marks. Applicants will be called for counselling based on their cut-off scores. Cutoffs will be determined based on a variety of factors, including the exam’s difficulty level, seat availability, and the number of students who took the exam.
Steps to Check the IMU CET Cut Off 2023
The Cut Off of the IMU CET 2023 will be announced shortly after the results are announced on the IMU CET official website. Applicants should follow the steps below to determine the IMU CET 2023 cut off marks:
- Visit IMU CET’s official website i.e. imu.edu.in
- Now applicants have to find and then click on the link available “IMU CET Exam Cut Off”.
- Now provide the required login credential details.
- After entering the details, the cut off will be available in PDF format.
- Download the avaialble Cut Off list of IMU CET 2023.
Factors Affecting IMU CET Cut Off 2023
Several factors affect the IMU CET Cut Off. Applicants can read more about the factors that are responsible for determining the IMU CET Cut Off 2023.
- The total no. of applicants who appeared in the exam.
- The total no. of applicants applied for the IMU CET.
- The no. of qualified applicants.
- Previous years’ cut-off trends of IMU CET.
- The level of difficulty of the exam.
- Total no. of available seats.
- Reservation Policy
- Applicant’s Performance in the IMU CET.
IMU CET 2023 Counselling
Applicants who have cleared the exam will be required to attend IMU CET 2023 counseling in order to be assigned seats on the desired campuses. Applicants must first register for the counseling process and then have to pay the required fee of Rs. 10,000 through the online. Applicants must choose their preferred institutes/campuses & courses on their own. During counseling, seats will be assigned based on the applicant’s rank, chosen preferences, and seat availability. To confirm their admission, allotted applicants must pay Rs. 25,000.
IMU CET 2023 Counselling Procedure
Applicants who pass the exam and are invited for counseling to participate based on their entrance exam score. The entire procedure can be split down into steps as followed by the responsible authority.
- Applicants who have been selected for the IMU CET online counselling process must register for it on the university’s official website.
- Applicants must first sign in with their registered user ID & password to register for the counseling process.
- The registration form will appear after you log in.
- Fill in the form with accurate and relevant information, and attach the requested documents.
- Finally, recheck the filled-in details and then click on the ‘Submit’ button after filling the registration form.
- As a part of the registration process for IMU Online Counselling, applicants must pay Rs.10,000/- which is non-refundable.
- During registration, the fee can be paid using a credit/ debit card/ and net banking.
- Applicants who are selected and named under the First/Second/Third (if any) list issued by IMU after the counseling process must have to submit a non-refundable fee of Rs.25,000/- to finish the admission process.
Choice Filling and Seat Allocation:
- After the counseling, seats are assigned to applicants for various courses.
- After the first round of counseling, applicants can change their choices for the programs only twice (if they want).
- Applicants should remember to print out the locked preferences for submission.
- After the verification of documents including original mark sheets & certificates, as well as physical fitness clearance, the seat allocation will be processed.
- During registration, applicants must provide accurate documentation. Any errors detected in the documents submitted will be considered an illegal offence, and the applicants’ candidatures may be cancelled.
Confirmation and Admission:
- Applicants will be assigned seats in any of the campuses of IMU after completing all of the mentioned above stages.
- Seats will be assigned based on post verifying the entrance test scores, the submitted online registration form, and the documents given by the applicants.
- After the registration form has been confirmed, no changes to the campus or course will be accepted.
Documents to be Carried at the time of Admission
- High school mark sheet
- Intermediate mark sheet.
- Score Card of IMU CET 2023.
- Category Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Physical fitness certificate.
- Residence Certificate.
- Admit card of IMU CET 2023.
- Nationality certificate.
Reservation of Seats in IMU Campus
The following is the reservation of seats for applicants at Indian Maritime University:
|Category||Reservation of the seats|
- In the BBA course, 5% of seats are reserved for applicants with disabilities i.e. for PWD applicants.
- Seats in Undergraduate Courses at IMU campuses are reserved for applicants from the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Minicoy Islands, and Lakshadweep, 8 North-Eastern States (including Sikkim), and Jammu & Kashmir, all of which are referred to as “Special States.”
|Jammu & Kashmir||10 seats|
|Lakshadweep and Minicoy Islands||10 seats|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||20 seats|
|Eight North Eastern States (including Sikkim)||40 seats|
After releasing the 2nd list based on the residual seats, the seats will be allotted to the above-mentioned “Special States”.
IMU CET 2023 Courses Offered
Under Graduate Course:
|IMU CET 2023 Programs||Course Duration|
|Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science)||1 Year|
|B.Sc in Maritime Science||3 Years|
|BBA in Logistics, Retailing & E-commerce||3 Years|
|B.Sc in Nautical Science||3 Years|
|B.Sc in Ship Building & Repairs||3 Years|
|B.Tech in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech in Marine Engineering||4 Years|
Post Graduate Course:
|IMU CET 2023 Programmes||Course Duration|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering (PGDME)||1 Year|
|M.Tech in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Sc in Commercial Shipping and Logistics||2 Years|
|MBA in Port & Shipping Management||2 Years|
|M.Tech in Marine Engineering & Management||2 Years|
|M.Tech in Dredging & Harbour Engineering||2 Years|
|MBA in Internation Transportation & Logistics Management||2 Years|
IMU CET 2023 Participating Institutes
|Name of the institute||Location|
|Anglo-Eastern Maritime Academy||Mumbai|
|MMTI’S Education & Research Trust||Mumbai|
|The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies||Mumbai|
|Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies||Mumbai|
|Yak Education Trust||Mumbai|
|Training Ship Rehman||Mumbai|
|Maritime Training Institute||(SCI) Mumbai|
|College of Ship Technology||Palakad|
|Dr. B R Ambedkar Institute of Technology||Port Blair|
|Coimbatore Marine College||Coimbatore|
|Park Maritime Academy||Coimbatore|
|Euro Tech Maritime Academy||Cochin|
|Applied Research International||New Delhi|
|International Maritime Institute||New Delhi|
|Sriram Institute of Marine Studies||New Delhi|
|RL Institute of Nautical Sciences||Madurai|
|Southern Academy of Maritime Studies||Chennai|
|Maritime Training Institute||(SCI) Tuticorin|
|Vishwakarma Maritime Institute||Pune|
|Tolani Maritime Institute||Pune|
IMU CET 2023 FAQ’S
To apply for the CET, you have to fill the application form. The details related to filling the application form have been discussed in the above article.
No, both are the same thing.
You can directly contact the exam conducting authority if you notice any discrepancies in the details given on the admit card.
The selection of the applicants will be made on the score obtained in the entrace exam.
If you want to pursue a diploma program then you can go with a Diploma in Nautical Science of one year of duration.
The IMU CET is conducted annually i.e. only once a year.
For any queries regarding IMU CET 2023, please comment below.