IIT JAM 2023 Result: The candidates who want to get admission in different IISc and IITs appear for the exam Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM). On A rotation basis, this National level examination is organized by the IISc and the IITs. The courses available are MSc (2 years), M.Sc. Ph.D., Joint M.Sc. Ph.D., M.Sc.-M. tech and other PG degree courses. Check IIT JAM Exam Dates.
The candidates who want to download the IIT JAM scorecard for 2023 have to fill in their Email Id or enrollment ID along with the password in the JOAPS portal. It is the responsibility of the candidates to keep the scorecards with them because scorecards are necessary for the admission procedure at the later stages. Check IIT JAM Application Form.
The announcement of the result is followed by the submission of the online application form on the JOAPS portal. After that, the candidates are capable to check the significant information about the result of IIT JAM and the procedure to be followed after the result right here. Check IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria.
Table of Contents
Highlights of IIT JAM 2023 Results
|University Name||IIT, Guwahati|
|Credentials required||Enrolment ID/ Registered Email ID, Password & JOAPS Password|
|Mentioned details on the scorecard||All India Rank and Score|
IIT JAM 2023 Result
The results of IIT JAM are declared by the authority every year after the exam has been conducted this year it’s on 22nd March 2023. An All India Merit list is prepared according to the rank of the candidates for individual test papers. To check the result the applicants can log in with their credentials which are the Email ID or enrollment ID and password.
It is advised to the candidates to take the printout of the result and keep it until the selection and admission selection process. Based on this, the written exam scores together with some other factors the qualifying candidates will be offered admission.
How to Check IIT JAM 2023 Result?
Candidates can check their IIT JAM 2023 result by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Go to the official portal of JAM.
Step 2: Click the link of the result of IIT JAM displayed on the Home page.
Step 3: Enter enrollment/ email ID and JOAPS password. Enter the credentials that are the password and enrollment or Email ID.
Step 4: After evaluating the given Arithmetic expression insert the value in the provided space.
Step 5: Finally, select the ‘Submit’ option.
IIT JAM 2023 Scorecard
After the result is declared the candidates will be able to download their scorecards. The portals will be open from March 2023. To download the results the students have to visit the official website because any hard copy of the scorecard will be not provided to the candidates by any means. Check IIT JAM Exam Pattern.
The information mentioned in the scorecard is the All India Rank and the score obtained by the candidate in the IIT JAM examination.
Steps to Download IIT JAM Score Card 2023
Step 1: Go to the official portal of the JAM 2023 is https://jam.iitg.ac.in/index.html
Step 2: Select the link of “JOAPS Portal”
Step 3: Once you click on the link the portal will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4: Fill in the credentials such as Email ID or Enrolment ID and password.
Step 5: Enter the given captcha and click on the ‘Submit option.
Step 6: The scorecard of JAM will be displayed on the screen.
Step 7: Download and take multiple printouts of the IIT JAM scorecard for future use.
Details Present in IIT JAM Result 2023
- The candidates need to have a hard copy of the school card because it is required for the process of admission.
- The scorecard contains basic result-oriented information and other credentials of the candidates printed on it.
- Regarding the admission process, there are some given instructions given below
The details mentioned on the scorecard are:
|Full name of the candidate||Registration number||Test paper code (according to the subject chosen)||Number of candidates that have appeared for the test paper|
|Marks secured (out of 100)||All India Rank (AIR)||Category-wise Qualifying Marks for the test paper||Photograph and Signature of Candidate|
What is the Tie-Breaking Rule in IIT JAM 2023?
- If two or more two candidates score similar marks then the conducting authorities’ responsibility is to use the rank-based tie-breaking criterion.
- In accordance with the rule of tie-breaking in the JAM exam, those candidates who have higher ratios of positive marks to negative marks will be awarded a higher rank.
- In case if this scheme fails to break the tie among the candidates’ scores then the same rank will be awarded to those candidates.
- The officials have released IIT JAM qualified students’ merit list after the cutoffs of 2023 are declared.
What after IIT JAM Results 2023
After the announcement of the results, the candidates who are qualified can apply for admission. The candidates who want to participate in IITs have to apply online by filling out the JAM admission form 2023. It is also possible to fill out the form through the JOAPS 2023 portal. After filling out the form, it is the responsibility of the students to keep track of the dates of the release and submission of the form because forms will not be accepted after the declared date. Check IIT JAM Admit Card.
IIT JAM Cut off 2023
The JAM cutoff is released into different stages. On the first day, the cutoff will apply to the marks secured by each candidate as per their category in the respective subject papers that they have given the exams. While for the second stage the cutoff will be the All India Rank or closing rank that will be decided for different courses as per the category. The cut-off marks will be released together with the declaration of results. The closing ranks will be released afterward, perhaps in the third round. The candidates can check the previous year’s IIT JAM cut-off marks from the table given below.
IIT JAM Cut Off 2022
|Subject||GEN||EWS/ OBC (NCL)||SC/ST/PwD|
Note: The JAM 2022 cut-off for other subjects will be updated soon.
JAM Cut Off 2020
JAM Cut Off 2019
IIT JAM 2023 Admission Process
The candidates who are qualified have the right to apply for IIT JAM 2023 Admission procedure by using their enrolment ID and password on the website. It is important to register because the information given by the candidates will be uploaded on the candidate’s login ID, for the paper they have qualified for their exam. It is the responsibility of the candidates to prepare the list of programs and create the choice less for themselves. In case if the form is incomplete then the admissions will be canceled by the authorities.
Important Points regarding Admission
- The mandatory step for admission includes verification of Eligibility Requirements (ERs) and Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs).
- If all the eligibility criteria are fulfilled on the prescribed date then admission will be offered to the candidates.
- In the order of merit, the admissions will be provided. That admission depends upon the number of seats available in the institution.
- The documents mentioned below are essential for or getting counseling in IIT JAM 2023.
Required Documents During Admission
- Qualifying Degree – If completed the degree: Marksheet of all semester/years. If in the final year: Marksheet till last year or semester
- 10th Certificate
- Nationality Certificate for General category – Voter ID, Birth Certificate, The first page of passport or School/College Transfer Certificate (CTC), Nationality Certificate issued by the authorized government agency
- Other Documents – Valid category for SC, ST candidates, OBC (NCL), For PwD candidates, valid PwD certificate
- 12th Mark Sheet
IIT JAM Result 2023 FAQ’S
How will All India Rank for IIT JAM 2023 be prepared?
Based on the aspirant score in the science entrance exam, All India Rank for IIT JAM examination will be prepared.
Where is IIT JAM 2023 result declared?
The result of IIT JAM was declared on the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS).
How IIT JAM scores are calculated?
The scores of IIT JAM are calculated on the basis of the following
- Unattempted questions do not have any effect on marks.
- In negative marking, 1/3 marks will be deducted from 1 mark questions for incorrect answers.
- Negative marking for 2 marks question 2/3 will be deducted for incorrect answers.
In case two candidates will score the same marks then how the result or IIT JAM merit list will be created?
The candidates who secure higher ratio positive marks to negative marks will be awarded a higher rank. In case if this criterion fails and the tie cannot be broken then two candidates will be awarded the same rank.
What details can I know through my JAM result 2023?
The candidates will be able to get details such as their names, marks scored out of 100, paper code and paper name, registration number, qualifying marks, a photograph, and signature in their 2023 JAM result.
Besides IITs, where all can I apply for admission based on my JAM scores?
Other than IITs, there are also options available to apply based on the JAM score in 20 and NITs and IISc Bangalore for admissions.
How can I check my IIT JAM result?
To check the IIT JAM results, the candidates have to visit the official portal https://jam.iitg.ac.in/index.html and click the result link followed by entering the enrollment ID or Email ID and password and then finally clicking the submit option.
What details will be mentioned in my IIT JAM Result 2023?
The important details that are mentioned in the IIT JAM result 2023 are mentioned below
- Registration number
- Name of the candidate
- Qualifying marks for the test paper category wise
- Total number of candidates appearing for the test paper
- All India Rank (AIR)
- Secured marks out of 100
- Test paper code based on the subject chosen