Himachal Pradesh University Bachelor in Education entrance exam is a university level entrance exam and is popularly known as HPU B.Ed. entrance exam. Every year this entrance exam is conducted by Himachal Pradesh University Officials to take admission in two years B.Ed. course. Students who want to excel their careers in the teaching field can apply for this course. Students who want to take admission to HPU B.Ed.
For the academic session 2023-24 then they have to apply for the entrance exam of HPU B.Ed. 2023. The application form will be filled only once in a year in online mode and the exam will be conducted in offline mode. 35 % (i.e. 53 out of 150) will be the minimum qualifying marks in the entrance exam for general category students and for OBC/ SC/ ST/ PH students, it will be 30 % (45 out of 150).
For more details about Online application form, exam date, admit card, result, etc. you must have to read this full article till the end.
Table of Contents
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Highlights
|Name of Examination||Himachal Pradesh University Bachelor in Education Entrance Exam 2023|
|Popularly Known As||HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023|
|Conducting Authority||Himachal Pradesh University Officials|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (pen and paper-based)|
|Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQs based)|
|Sections||General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, Language & Comprehension, Teaching Aptitude and Attitude, Knowledge of National Commissions|
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Important Dates
If you are going to apply for HPU B.Ed. 2023 then you must have to familiar with the important dates. The exam schedule will be announced in the information brochure and you can download it from the official website of HPU i.e. www.hpuniv.ac.in. Here we have mentioned the tentative important dates. You can check out from the table below.
|Online Application starts from||To be announced|
|Last date of submission of Application Form||To be announced|
|Last date to submit HPU B.Ed CET 2023 application form fee||To be announced|
|Form Correction||To be announced|
|Issue date of Admit Card||To be announced|
|HPU B.Ed CET 2023 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Commencement of Result||To be announced|
|Releasing date of Merit List||To be announced|
|Counseling date||To be announced|
Note: All the dates mentioned above are tentative and may change by the HPU Official authority according to the situation. Students are requested to visit the official website regularly for the latest information about dates. Here we will also mention the exact dates after the official announcement.
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Application Form
The application form will be filled in the online mode and the application process for HPU B.Ed. entrance exam 2023 will be processed in the following steps as described below-
Step 1- Registration Process
- Visit the official website of HPU and click on the ‘Register Now’ link.
- Fill all the necessary details such as name, email id, mobile no., etc.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After complete submission, an application no. and password will be sent on the registered mobile no. or email id.
Step 2- Form Filling Process
- Click on the ‘Application Form’ link.
- Fill all the necessary details in the required field such as personal details, academic details, contact details, etc.
- After verification of details, click on the ‘Save and Next’ button.
Step 3- Uploading Document
- Now upload the scanned copy of the recent passport size photo and signature in the prescribed format as mentioned in the brochure.
- The size of the photo should not exceed 50 KB.
- The size of the signature should not exceed 30 KB.
- The format of files should be in .jpg format.
Step 4- Payment of Fee
- To complete the application process, students need to pay the application fee.
- Without paying the application fee, your application form will not be accepted.
- The payment can be made in both modes – online and offline.
Online Mode: Students can pay the application fee in online mode via Internet banking or Credit card/ Debit card/ Paytm, etc.
Offline mode: Students can also pay the fee in offline mode by using an e-Challan of State bank of India. Students will have to download and take a printout of the e-Challan from the official website and then after filling all the details they have to submit the e-Challan along with the fee at the nearest SBI branch.
Application Fee: The application fee for all the different categories are different as mentioned below in the table.
|General / OBC candidates||900|
|SC/ ST candidates||450|
Step 5: Submission of Application Form at HPU
- Students are instructed to send a copy of the confirmed application form along with fee receipt to HPU by speed post or can deliver it by hand. The required application form copy and fee receipt should be enclosed in an envelope and addressed to-
‘The Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests),
Room No. 10, Administrative Block, Ground Floor,
H.P. University, Summer Hill, Shimla – 171 005 (H.P.)’.
|MAH M.Ed CET||IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Test||Jammu and Kashmir B.Ed.|
|Kendriya Hindi Sansthan||Kumaun University B.Ed/M.Ed||MAH B.Ed CET|
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, students are instructed to check the eligibility criteria as described in the brochure.
Nationality: To apply for HPU B.Ed., students must be a native of India.
Age: Students of any group may apply because there is no maximum age limit to applying for this examination.
- Students must have to complete Bachelor’s Degree (Medical/ Non-Medical/ Commerce/ Arts) with a minimum of 50% marks or have completed Master’s Degree (in Subjects like Social Sciences/ Humanity/ Sciences) Or, B.E./ B.Tech with a specialization in Science and Maths with at least 55% marks.
- There is a 5% relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD candidates in the qualifying examination.
- Students who are appearing for the final semester / final year/result awaited of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply but they have to produce the necessary documents at the time of admission.
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Exam Pattern
- Total Questions: 150
- Total Marks: 150
- Type of Questions: Objective Type (MCQs based)
- No. of Sections: 5
- Marking Scheme: Students will be awarded by 1 mark for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
|Sections||No. of Question||Sectional Marks|
|Language and Comprehension (Hindi and English)||40||40|
|Teaching Aptitude and Attitude||40||40|
|General Awareness (India and HP)||30||30|
|Knowledge of National Commission and Committees on Education||20||20|
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Syllabus
According to the HPU B.Ed. entrance test paper of previous years it can be analyzed that all the questions are based on the degree level knowledge. The syllabus and the paper of HPU B.Ed. entrance exam covers topics and their questions from degree subjects (BA, B.Com, B.Sc, etc.). The questions for the HP University B.Ed entrance exam are taken from the following subjects-
- Logical Reasoning
- Knowledge of National Commission and Committees on Education
- Language and Comprehension
- General Awareness
- Teaching Aptitude and Attitude
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Admit Card
Here is the step by step process described below to download the admit card/ hall ticket.
- First, visit the official website of HPU B.Ed. 2023.
- Find and click on the link ‘Download HPU B.Ed 2023 Admit Card/Hall Ticket’
- Now enter the details such as application no./ registration no./ email ID and Date of Birth.
- Next, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After the above steps, the admit card will appear on the monitor screen.
- Download the admit card and do not forget to take a printout for future use.
Important information related to HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Admit Card:
- The admit card/ hall ticket can be downloaded only from the official website of HPU B.Ed.
- The admit card/ hall ticket will not be sent by post to any of the students.
- The admit card will contain some details such as the candidate’s name and roll number, date of exam, and the test center.
- The admit card should be preserved very carefully because it is a very necessary document and without it, you can not enter in the examination hall.
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Test Centres
In the last previous years, the HPU entrance exam has been held at the following examination centres.
- Sunder Nagar
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Result
The result will be declared after the successful attempt of examination. Students are advised to visit the official website for the result because the result will be declared in online mode on the official website of HPU. Here is the step by step procedure to download the result as described below.
- First, visit the official website of HPU.
- Click on ‘HPU B.Ed 2023’ and click on the ‘Result’ section.
- Now enter the Application ID/ Registration ID, date of birth, and security code (Captcha code) as given.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The result will appear in front of you on the screen in the form of a scorecard.
- Download it and take a printout for future reference.
The Merit List of HPU B.Ed 2023 will be released on the official website of HPU after the declaration of the result. The merit list will consist of the mainly two-column first one is for the name of students and the second one for the rank secured by them. The rank will be decided on the basis of marks obtained by them in the entrance examination.
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Counselling
The shortlisted students via the merit list will be called for counseling sessions. The counseling process is necessary to take admission to the various colleges which come under the HPU for B.Ed. All the schedule for the counseling process will be published on the official website of HPU.
Every eligible student is instructed to attend the counseling session on the fixed time, date, and venue. The counseling will be in offline mode and individually. In case, if a student is unable to attend the counseling then he/ she can send an authorized representative. The counseling procedure will be held in the following ways:
- The allotted place for the counseling procedure will be uploaded on the official website.
- At the time of counseling, an admission preference form will be fill by the students.
- The seats will be allotted on the basis of merit and preference of college as chosen by the students.
- At the time of counseling, to check the eligibility of students, the officials will verify the documents and scrutiny of certificates.
- Every student has to pay Rs.200/- as counseling fee and this fee will be non-refundable and non- transferable.
- To complete the formalities of the admission process, students must have to report to the allotted institute.
- If the eligible student or their authorized representative will not attend the counseling session on allotted time then the seat will be allotted to another eligible student.
Documents needed for Verification
- Hall Ticket/ Admit Card of HPU B.Ed 2023.
- Rank card of HPU B.Ed 2023.
- Mark sheets and Certificates of class X and XII.
- Mark sheets of all semesters/ all years of graduation.
- Caste certificate (if required).
- PwD certificate (if required).
- Character certificate from the last attended college/ institution.
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 Cut Off
The cut off will be released after the declaration of the HPU B.Ed. entrance examination result. The cut off will be decided on some factors such as-
- Total no. of seats.
- A total no. of students attempted the question paper
- Total no. of qualified students
- Reservation Criteria specified by the university rule.
Students may take an idea from the last year’s cut off of the HPU B.Ed. entrance examination. The cut off of HPU B.Ed. 2023 is shown below in the table.
|Category||Cut off||Cutoff Marks|
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 FAQs
The minimum qualification criteria for HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2023 are as follow-
Students must have to complete Bachelor’s Degree (Medical/ Non-Medical/ Commerce/ Arts) with a minimum of 50% marks or have completed a Master’s Degree (in Subjects like Social Sciences/ Humanity/ Sciences) Or, B.E./ B.Tech with a specialization in Science and Maths with at least 55% marks.
There is a 5% relaxation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD candidates in the qualifying examination.
Students who are appearing for the final semester / final year/result awaited of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply but they have to produce the necessary documents at the time of admission.
The official website of HPU B.Ed. 2023 is www.hpuniv.ac.in
The officials of HPU conducts the HPU B.Ed. entrance exam.
The marking scheme of HPU B.Ed. are as follow-
one mark will be given for every correct answer.
There is no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
The mode of application is online and the mode of examination is offline for HPU B.Ed. entrance exam 2023.
The selection for admission will be based on merit score and the merit score is made on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance examination.
The application fee for HPU B.Ed. entrance exam is different for different categories.
For General / OBC candidates- Rs.900/-
For SC/ST/ PH candidates- Rs.450/-