Horticulture University conducts HORTICET which is the Horticulture Common Entrance Test. This test is also known as the pre-agricultural examination.
HORTICET is conducted annually by the University of Horticulture / Agriculture. This entrance test is conducted for the admission of candidates to agricultural courses.
On qualifying for a Horticulture Common Entrance Test (HORTICET), the candidate is admitted to undergraduate courses such as a Bachelor of Science, B.Sc honors program. The aspirant looking forward to appear in the Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2022 must scroll down to read the full article.
We mentioned all the necessary information related to the Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2022, below.
The information comprises Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2022 Registration, Important Dates, Syllabus, and Result.
HORTICET 2022 Overview
|Conducting Body||Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University, Venkataramannagudem|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
|Medium of Exam||Telugu Language|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective types questions, 200 MCQs|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture|
|Number of Seats||47|
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
HORTICET 2022 Important Date
The candidates applying for the HORTICET 2022 must go through the date sheet mentioned below:
|Application Form Open||May 2nd week 2022|
|Application Form Close||July 1st week 2022|
|Admit Card Release Date||July 4th week 2022|
|HORTICET 2022 Date of Exam||August 1st week 2022|
|Result Announcement||August 4th week 2022|
HORTICET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants who wish to appear in the HORTICET 2022 must check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
The eligibility criteria of Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2022 are mentioned below:
- The aspirant must be an Indian
- The aspirant must hold the certificate of 2-year diploma in horticulture.
- The diploma certificate must be of Horticulture University, Andhra Pradesh.
- Applicants must have completed the age of 17 years.
- Applicants must not exceed the age limit of 22 years.
- The age relaxation is given to the applicants of the reserved category.
- For SC/ST applicants the age limit is 26 years.
- Those applicants who are physically challenged candidate, the maximum age limit is 28 years.
- Appearing candidates in their final exam of the diploma are also eligible to apply.
HORTICET 2022 Application Form
The candidates, who wish to take admission in Horticulture University in the year 2022, must appear and qualify the HORTICET 2022.
- The aspirants must fill out the application form for this purpose.
- The form will be completed in May 2022.
- The last date is in July 2022 to complete the Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2022.
- Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2022 mode of application is offline.
- There is no scope to complete the online form.
- The Horticulture Common Entrance Test 2022 form can be found online.
- The candidate must download and print the form from the website.
- Either black or blue ballpoint pen fills the form.
- The form must be neat and filled in correctly.
- The form will be rejected by the Horticulture University in case of incorrect information provided.
- After completing the form, the candidate must send it along with the documents and registration fees to the Horticulture University.
HORTICET 2022 Application Form Fee
|General and OBC||INR 650|
|SC and ST||INR 325|
Mode of Payment
- The registration Fee of HORTICET 2022 has to be paid through Demand Draft
- The DD has to be in favour of:
Horticulture University, Administration Office,
Post Box Number #7, Venkataramannagudem-534 101,
West Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh.
Note: The candidate must read the application form carefully before filling the form.
HORTICET 2022 Exam Center
HORTICET 2022 will be held on July 18, 2022 only at one examination centre:
College of Horticulture, Dr. Y.S.R. Horticultural University, Venkataramannagudem-534101, Near Tadepalligudem, West Godavari District
HORTICET 2022 Exam Pattern
HORTICET 2022 will be held in the above-mentioned center from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Candidates will be required to answer only objective questions of the type. The examination will only be carried out in pen and paper mode. Candidates will have to answer 200 MCQs in Telugu language in 2 hours.
For each correct answer, the candidate will receive 1 mark. For incorrect or unanswered questions, there will be no negative markings. On the 2022 HORTICET, each candidate can score a maximum of 200 marks.
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||200 MCQs|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
HORTICET 2022 Syllabus
The HORTICET 2022 Syllabus is similar to that studied by the aspirant in the 2-year Diploma course in Horticulture course at Horticulture University.
The candidate can prepare for the exam by referring to some of the books.
These books are:
|Name of Books||Author’s Name|
|Multiple Choice Questions in Horticulture||Bharat Singh Hada|
|Objective Horticulture||Anil Verma|
|Question Bank Horticulture||Gupta S.N.|
|Basic Horticulture||Jitendra Singh|
|Handbook of Horticulture||Chadha KL|
|Horticulture at a Glance||DRam and B B Singh|
|Glaustas Horticulture||P Muthukumar|
HORTICET 2022 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
Dr. YSRHU will be declared on the University’s official website with the list of eligible candidates for HORTICET 2022. The list will also include each eligible candidate’s Hall ticket number.
- Candidates will be sent hall ticket by post on the correspondence address mentioned in the application form
- Hall ticket will be sent in the self-addressed stamped envelope sent with the application form.
- Hall ticket contains the following information –
- Hall Ticket No.
- Name of Examination Center
- Date and Time of Exam
- Name of Applicant and Parent/Guardian
- Complete Postal Address
- Photograph and Signature of Applicant
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination centre without in possession of admit card
How to Download HORTICETAdmit Card/Hall Ticket
All eligible candidates will receive a admit card from the University. However, if the candidate does not receive the admit card by post, he / she can download it from the official website of the University. You can use the following steps to download the card:
- Visit the official website of Dr. YSRHU – https://www.drysrhu.edu.in/
- Click on ‘More Announcements’ tab on right hand pane of webpage
- Under Announcements, search for ‘ HORTICET 2022 Admit Card’ and click on it
- Enter the details asked for to download hall ticket
HORTICET 2022 Result
In this section, we will talk about the HORTICET 2022 Result:
- The result of HORTICET 2022 will be released in August 2022.
- The result will be uploaded on the official website of Horticulture University.
- The authority will upload the mark sheet along with the rank attained by each candidate.
- Students can check their result by visiting the website http://www.drysrhu.edu.in/
- The students must download their Mark sheet from the website for further use.
- In case if two candidates get the same marks, the one with greater OGPA in Diploma will be preferred.
- If the two have attained the same marks in Diploma too, the candidate elder in age will be given preference.
- Cut off for General and OBC is 25% of the total marks.
- For SC/ST & PwD there is no cut off available.
How to Download HORTICET Merit List
Candidates can download the University’s merit list to their official website by following these steps:
- Go to Dr. YSRHU’s official website—https:/www.drysrhu.edu.in/.
- Click on the’ More Announcements ‘ tab on the right pane of the webpage.
- Search for’ HORTICET–2022 Rank List’ under Announcements and click on it.
- The list of ranks will be downloaded.
- The list will contain the candidate’s Hall ticket No, the name of the candidate, the father’s name of the candidate and the rank secured by the candidate.
- If more than one candidate secures the same marks in HORTICET 2022, the following ways will be used to dissolve the tie-break.
- A candidate with a higher percentage of aggregate marks (OGPA) in a Diploma course in horticulture.
- If tie-break still persists, the elder candidate will be given preference.
How to Download HORTICET Score Card
- Visit the official website of the University.
- Provide all the details asked (usually Hall ticket no and date of birth).
- Score card will be displayed.
- Download it and take a print out.
HORTICET 2022 Cut Off
The cut off for HORTICET 2022 will not be officially revealed by the University. Candidates, however, will need to reach the minimum mark threshold set by Dr. YSRHU to be eligible to appear on the rank list.
- For candidates from the General and BC categories, qualify percentage of marks is 25 percent of aggregate marks.
- No minimum qualifying benchmark must be met by candidates from the Sc and ST categories for the HORTICET 2022 ranking list.
HORTICET 2022 Counselling
The counseling process for HORTICET 2022 is expected to begin in August 2022. Those candidates will be eligible for counseling, whose name is mentioned in the list of merits. The University will publish the counseling date on its official website. Candidates will have to carry the following documents while counseling:
- Mark Sheet of 10th class
- Mark sheet of Diploma in Horticulture from Dr. YSRHU
- Age Proof
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecard of HORTICET 2022
Allocation of seats will be done entirely on the basis of marks scored in HORTICET 2022 and document verification. However, the University will follow the reservation rule established by Andhra Pradesh’s government.
According to the rules, 85 percent of seats will be allocated to Andhra Pradesh candidates, while the remaining 15 percent will be allocated to candidates from outside Andhra Pradesh.
HORTICET 2022 FAQ’S
[su_spoiler title=”How will I get the HORTICET Admit Card?” style=”fancy”]
The admit card for HORTICET can be downloaded by the official website.
[su_spoiler title=”How will I submit the Application Form?” style=”fancy”]
The application form for Horticulture Common Entrance Test can be submitted online.
[su_spoiler title=”Is there a difference between Hall Ticket and Admit Card for Horticulture Common Entrance Test?” style=”fancy”]
No there is no different in the hall ticket and admit card for Horticulture Common Entrance Test.
[su_spoiler title=”Where can I report mistakes in my Horticulture Common Entrance Test to admit card?” style=”fancy”]
You need to contact the conducting authorities immediately if you find any discrepancies in your Horticulture Common Entrance Test admit card.
[su_spoiler title=”Can I make the correction even after submitting the application form?” style=”fancy”]
No, the correction period will not be provided to students after the application form process finishes.
For any queries regarding HORTICET 2022, please comment below.