GIPE M.Sc. application process has now started. GIPE is the abbreviation for Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics. Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics University is located in Pune, India and was established in 1930. It is one of the oldest and finest research and training institutes in Economics in India. GIPE is affiliated with NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and UGC (University Grants Commission).
The entrance exams of GIPE is only for the M.Sc. courses in Economics, Financial Economics, Agribusiness Economics, International Business Economics, and Finance. Information regarding GIPE M.Sc. 2022 important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, application form, etc. are mentioned below in this article.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
The application process for GIPE M.Sc. has now started, the last date to submit the application form is Monday 6th June 2022 till 5:00 pm (Evening).
GIPE 2022 Overview
|Name of Exam||Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics|
|Authority||Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||M.Sc. courses in Economics|
International Business Economics, and Finance
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Exam Date||SUNDAY, JUNE 19, 2022.|
Timing of Exam: 01.30 pm to 03.30 pm (One Hundred and Twenty Minutes duration)
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum 50% in Bachelor’s Degree (45% Reserved)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
GIPE 2022 Important Dates
Important dates regarding GIPE 2022 are mentioned below in the table. Candidates are requested to go through the dates thoroughly:
|Application Form start date||Started|
|Last date to submit applications|
Monday 6th June, 2022 till 5:00 pm (Evening)
|Admit Card / Hall tickets issue dates||Soon|
(Expected to be released 10 days before the exam date.)
|Date of GIPE 2022 examination||SUNDAY, JUNE 19, 2022.|
Timing of Exam: 01.30 pm to 03.30 pm
|Result Declaration Date||Soon|
|Commencement of the Programme||Soon|
GIPE 2022 Application Form
- The application is now available and the Last Date for Submission of the Application Form is
Monday 6th June, 2022 till 5:00 pm (Evening).
- When applying application online candidates have to upload the scanned photograph and signature in jpg format.
- First of all, candidate have to visit the official website of the Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) e. gipe.ac.in
- Then go to the application from the tab.
- Choose the GIPE Entrance Test.
- Choose the course (M.Sc) and fill the correct and proper information, upload all the required scanned documents.
- Click on the submit button, a new window will open on the screen.
- Then pay the fees of the application form by net banking or by debit or credit card.
- And after all long, this process candidate will be able to Save and Print the application form for the future purpose.
- Candidates can pay application form fees via online modes like a debit/credit card or net banking.
- Candidates once pay application form fees it will not be refunded back.
Documrnts to be Uploaded along with the Application Form
- S.S.C./Matriculation certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Statement of marks of all courses at the graduation examination.
- For Physically Handicapped (PH) category candidates, Certificate of Disability issued by the competent authority.
- Caste Certificate/Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority (for reserved category candidates)
- Candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir should submit Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority of that State.
- Graduation Certificate/Statement of Marks/Transcript, or, if the result is awaited, a certificate from the institution to that effect.
For M.Sc. Programmes (Common Entrance Exam) application fee is Rs. 1800/-
Official Instruction sheet for M.Sc. Programmes
GIPE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Different courses have different eligibility criteria. Candidates who have a Bachelor Degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in total from any recognized university or institute.
Points are mentioned below, candidates can check the eligibility criteria which is very important for the examination purpose:
|Qualification||Candidate must have a Bachelor Degree in any Discipline. |
Candidates who are waiting for the result of final degree exams.
|Minimum Marks||General Category: At least 50% marks in total from any recognized university or institute|
|Reserved Category: At least 45% marks in total from any recognized university or institute.|
GIPE 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the pattern for examination which is mentioned below in the table:
|Subjects||Marks||Total number of questions|
|Aptitude in Mathematics and Statistics||30 marks||30 questions|
|Analytical Ability and Reasoning||20 marks||20 questions|
|Undergraduate level knowledge in Economics||50 marks||50 questions|
|Total||100 marks||100 questions|
- The duration of the exam would be for 2 hours.
- There is a negative marking in this entrance exam and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted automatically.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- There will be 4 options provided to the candidates out of which they have to choose the correct answer and hence one mark each will be awarded for each correct answer.
GIPE 2022 Syllabus
Candidates are requested to go through the topics which are mentioned below. Mainly three topics are which are to be carefully studied by the candidates:
- Descriptive Statistics-Measures of Central Tendency- Measures of dispersion-Correlation and Regression Coefficient – Probability Theory- Index Numbers.
- Mathematics for economics – Algebra, Calculus and Matrix Algebra.
- Analytical Ability and Reasoning
- Macroeconomics (Demand Curves, Price and Income Elasticity of Demand, Cost Curves, Equilibrium of Firm under different market structures).
- Macroeconomics (National Income, Theory of Income Determination, Fiscal and Monetary Policy, Trade and Balance of Payments).
- Basic theories of growth and development.
- Recent developments in Indian Economy and international economic issues of contemporary importance.
GIPE 2022 Admit Card
All candidates can download there admit cards from the official website of the exam. Admit is compulsory to carry in the examination hall. Candidates must preserve the admit card till the end of the admission process.
How to Download the Admit Card
Candidates can follow the given simple steps to download the admit card/hall ticket:
- Visit the official link
- Log in by entering your Email ID, DOB & Roll No. or your Application Number & Verification Code.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Now, admit card displays on the screen.
- Download and take the printouts of admit card for further references.
GIPE 2022 Result
- Results of the GIPE will be declared on July 2022.
- Results will be available to the candidates only in an online mode.
- The result will not be personally sent by any authority to candidates.
- The candidate has to keep printed copies of GIPE result for the admission process.
Exam Centres for the GIPE 2022
- Pune, at Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, 846, Shivajinagar, Pune 411004
- Mumbai, at Maniben Nanavati Women’s College, Vallabhbhai Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai 400056
- New Delhi, at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mehta Sadan, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi 110001 OR Rishabh Public School, Mayur Vihar, Phase – I, Delhi 110092
- Kolkata, at Maharaja Manindra Chandra College, 20 Ramkanto Bose Street, Kolkata 700003
- Chennai, at Meenakshi College for Women, C/O IIET 363 Arcot Road, Kodambakam, Chennai – 600024
- Ernakulam at St. Albert’s College, Banerji Road, Kacheripady, Ernakulam, Kerala 682 018
Seats Allocation for GIPE 2022
M. Sc. (Economics)
- A total of 40 students will be admitted to this Programme.
- The seats for M.Sc. (Economics) will be reserved as per the guidelines of Government of Maharashtra as may be applicable at the time of admission.
- For admission to the M.Sc. (Economics) programme against seats earmarked for reserved categories, only those applicants who are domiciled residents of Maharashtra shall be eligible.
- Seats not filled in the reserved category shall be transferred to the open category.
M. Sc. (Financial Economics) / M. Sc. (Agribusiness Economics) / M. Sc. (International Business Economics & Finance)*
- A total of 40 applicants will be admitted to this Programme.
- The allocation of seats will take place as per the guidelines of the Government of India with 50.5% of the seats in the open merit category and the rest in the reserved category subject to certain performance criteria in the Entrance Examination.
- Reserved category seat allocation will take place in the following manner: SC (15%), ST (7.5 %) and OBCs (27%).
- Seats that are not filled in the reserved category shall be transferred to the open category.
For all Programmes
- If necessary, the Institute has the right to increase the number of seats.
- For students who are domiciled residents of the State of Jammu and Kashmir, 2 seats (supernumerary) shall be reserved in each programme.
- Students seeking admission under SC/ST/DTNT/VJNT/NT categories shall be required to submit self-attested photocopies of caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- 1 seat (supernumerary) in each programme shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped (PH) category.
- Candidates belonging to the Physically Handicapped (PH) category shall submit a self-attested photocopy of the disability certificate issued by a competent authority.
Certificates to be submitted at the time of admission for GIPE 2022
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Valid Non-Creamy Layer certificate for OBC, SBC, NT candidates
Note: Candidates admitted to the M.Sc. Programmes shall be required to produce original certificates and statements of marks at the time of document verification.
GIPE 2022 FAQS
The application form can be filled using the official website.
No there is no different in the hall ticket and admit card for GIPE 2022.
You need to contact the conducting authorities immediately if you find any discrepancies in your GIPE 2022 admit card.