The application form for the IPU CET 2023 will be available online exclusively from March 2023. IPU CET 2023 dates will be announced soon. It stands for Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test and it is conducted annually by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. This test is a common entrance test conducted to take admission in various courses in different colleges of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The result of IPU CET for different streams & branches will be acknowledged as a base for admission in various universities for offered courses for the academic session 2023-2024.
IPU CET is conducted to offer admission into different Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in different streams like medical, engineering, muter applications, etc. Different study programs are summarized entirely on the basis of the different syllabi for different courses. Here, we will discuss the GGSIPU CET 2023: Application Form, Eligibility, Important Date Details, Admit Card, and Test Pattern, etc.
IPU Has released the Dates for Application form for their various courses. IPU CET 2023 Application form will be available online exclusively from March 2023. Interested candidates can go to the website to check the courses and fill out the application form.
Table of Contents
IPU CET 2023 Overview
|Name of Test||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test 2023|
|Acronym||IPU CET 2023|
|Conducting Authority||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Test Level||University Level Test|
|Test Purpose||Admission into GGSIPU & affiliated colleges|
|Test Duration||180 Minutes (150 Minutes for B.Tech.)|
|No. of Test Cities||Notified very soon by GGSIPU|
|Helpdesk No.||(011) 2530-2250|
IPU CET 2023 Exam Dates
Interested candidates can check IPU CET 2023 important dates such as application dates, test date, and result dates, etc. from the table below:
|Course||Last date of Application submission (2023)||Date of exam (2023)||Result declaration (2023)|
|MBA (IT)||April 2023||The Last week of May 2023||The First week of May 2023|
|B.S.C (Nursing)||April 2023||The Last week of May 2023||The Fourth week of May 2023|
|B.Tech||April 2023||The Last week of May 2023||The Third week of May 2023|
|BCA||April 2023||The Last week of May 2023||The Last week of May 2023|
|B.ED||April 2023||The Last week of May 2023||The Fourth week of May 2023|
|MCA/MCA (SE)||April 2023||The Last week of May 2023||The Fourth week of May 2023|
|LLB||April 2023||The Last week of May 2023||The Fourth week of May 2023|
|MBA||April 2023||The Last week of May 2023||The Second week of June 2023|
|BBA||April 2023||The Last week of May 2023||The Second week of June 2023|
IPU CET 2023 Application Form
The IPU CET 2023 application process will be available online on the website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University i.e. ipu.ac.in. There is no acceptance of applications via any other mode. In order to successfully submission of the application form, applicants will have to submit the required application fee.
How to Apply for IPU CET?
Interested applicants who want to take admission to various courses offered by the IPU CET should have to fill out the IPU CAT application form from the official website i.e. ipu.ac.in. The first phase of filling online application form is registration, after it, applicants will have to pay the application fee, and then applicants can apply online for IPU CET.
Details required to fill IPU CET 2023 Form:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Residential Address
- Academic Details
- Postal Address
- Mobile Number
- Marks obtained in Undergraduate Program
- Marks obtained in class 12th
- Marks obtained in class 10th
- Identification Details (Aadhar Card/PAN Card)
- left-hand Thumb Impression
Documents to be Uploaded
Applicants will have to upload the scanned copy of the images of the candidate’s recent passport size photograph, the candidate’s signature, & the candidate’s left thumb impression.
|Documents||File Format||File Dimensions||File Measurements|
|Photograph||JPEG/JPG/PNG||30mm x 45mm||80kb|
|Left Thumb Impression||JPEG/JPG/PNG||30mm x 60mm||80kb|
|Signature||JPEG/JPG/PNG||80mm x 35mm||80kb|
Application Form Correction
IPU CET Application Form Correction 2023: The University provides the correction facility to the applicants for the IPU CET application form, if required.
Procedure for correcting the Application Form
- The correction in the application form will be made via offline mode.
- If the applicants will request to provide the correction facility then on behalf of the applicant’s request the authority will open the application correction window for a particular time period.
- Applicants will be allowed to make corrections between 10 AM to 4 PM only on working days within a particular time period.
- Those applicants who have successfully filled out the application form for IPU CET 2023 and have completed all the phases of the application process will be eligible to apply for correction.
Application Fee for IPU CET 2023
To complete the application process, applicants will have to pay the online application fee of Rs 1200/- via Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking.
IPU CET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
IPU CET 2023 is held to offer admission into Undergraduate & Postgraduate programs. The eligibility criteria are different for each individual program. Certain basic conditions of eligibility must be fulfilled by the applicants before the application form is filled out.
- The nationality of the candidates should be Indian.
- For Undergraduate programs, the age of the applicants should lie between 18- 21 years.
- For Postgraduate programs, the age of the applicants should lie between 21-35 years.
- For Bachelor of Vocation, the age of applicants should not exceed 45 years.
For B.Tech (Biotechnology):
- Applicants must have acquired 12th with at least 55% marks in all subjects such as PCM along with biology/bio-technology & English.
For M.Tech (Tool Engineering):
- Applicants must have acquired B.Tech/ B.E with atleast 60% marks in Tool engineering/ Mechanical/ Mechanical & Automation / Production/ Production & Industrial engineering or its equivalent.
For MBA Programme:
- Applicants must have acquired Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology or in any other discipline or should have qualified for the final exam of ICWAI / ICSI /ICAI.
- Applicants must have acquired a minimum of 50% score in the qualifying exams.
IPU CET 2023 Exam Pattern
The last exam of IPU CET was held in online mode i.e. Computer Based Test. The examination pattern of IPU CET was modified and systematized to offer admission to the university’s various courses. As soon as the exam pattern is released, the specific pattern of the upcoming exam can be confirmed from the IPU CET’s information brochure.
- Exam Mode: The test will be held in the month of May/June 2023 via offline mode.
- Language: The language of the question paper will be English.
- Time Duration: 2 Hours 30 minutes will be provided for the B.Tech course while 3 hours will be provided for other courses.
- Total Marks: The exam paper will consist of a total of 600 marks.
- Type of Questions: The type of questions will be objective.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total of 150 questions for the B.Tech paper.
- Marking Scheme: + 4 marks for every correct answer, and – 1 mark will be subtracted for each wrong answer.
Course-wise distribution of marks has been given below:
|Course||Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Time Allotted|
|BBA||English, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, and Management Aptitude||150||600||150 Minutes|
|B.Com (Hons.)||General Awareness (25), Logical Reasoning (35), Language Comprehension (40), and Data Interpretation (50)||150||600||150 Minutes|
|Lateral Entry B.Tech||Applied Mechanics, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering & Electronics, Applied Mathematics, Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering, Computer Awareness||150||600||150 Minutes|
|B.Tech||Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics||150||600||150 Minutes|
|B.Tech BT||Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/Biotechnology||150||600||150 Minutes|
IPU CET 2023 Syllabus
The content of the IPU CET syllabus is almost the same as the syllabus of classes XI & XII NCERTs for Undergraduate programs. Applicants should have to practice more with the previous year’s papers in order to obtain a good rank. IPU CET is carried out for several programs, UG & PG. For a few programs, applicants can check the below section:
For B.Tech (Bio-technology) Programme
The Syllabus of B.Tech. contains topics from subjects such as Maths, Physics, and Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botony) of Class XI & XIIth standard.
For MBA Programme
The Syllabus of the MBA program contains topics from subjects such as Numerical Ability, English Language & Comprehension, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, and data interpretation.
How to Prepare for IPU CET?
The given exam preparation tips will help you to score well in IPU CET 2023. Follow the tips seriously because it will help you to boost your preparation.
Create a Good Study Plan: The very first thing the applicants should do is make a suitable timetable or plan. In your preparation schedule, divide all the subjects you need to prepare into multiple parts and divide them fairly. Also, in between the preparation slots, do not forget to add short breaks of 5-10 minutes to feel fresh during the entire preparation journey. Always ensure that to stick to one study method during your preparation.
Improve your Time and Speed: The quicker you solve problems, the more time you will have to spend on complex problems. The IPU CET exam will provide 150 minutes to answer all 150 problems. So, to answer general questions, you will have to work on improving your speed. Only by solving mocks and practicing questions, the speed can be improved.
Create Your Tricks and Shortcuts: Applicants will need to learn and read all the tricks and ways to solve the questions. It will hard to collect them just prior to the exam if the applicants have not collected them earlier during the preparation. It is also very hard to retain all the tricks so you have to make a shortcut on your own and make a proper strategy to solve the questions. You won’t forget about them in the exam when you make them on your own understanding.
Best Books For IPU CET 2023
It is seen sometimes that applicants preparing for an examination, become confused in making the choice for correct books. There are a number of commercially available books, guides, and solution papers. For IPU CET 2023, here we have provided some handpicked from easily accessible and most frequently proposed titles.
|GGSIPU BBA Guide|
|GGSIPU B.Com Hons Guide|
|GGSIPU BCA Guide|
|GGSIPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam Guide|
|GGSIPU BJMC Guide|
|GGSIPU B.Sc Hons Nursing Guide Paperback|
|GGSIPU: PARA-CET (BPT/BPO/MLT/BASLP) Paperback|
|GGSIPU: Engineering Entrance Exam Guide Paperback|
|GGSIPU MCA Guide Paperback|
|GGSIPU BHMCT Guide Paperback|
|CLAT, AILET & IPU CET LAW Paperback|
|GGSIPU MCA Guide Paperback|
IPU CET 2023 Admit Card
On the basis of the IPU CET information brochure of the previous year, the GGSIPU published e-admit cards via the university’s official website. It is supposed that the Admit Card of IPU CET 2023 will be released on the university website ipu.ac.in. Applicants are asked to download the admit card and print it out. It is necessary to carry a copy of the printout of the admit card to the assigned exam center.
How to Download IPU CET 2023 Admit Card
Step 1: First of all, visit the IPU CET’s official website.
Step 2: Now to access the admit card of IPU CET 2023, click on the available link.
Step 3: In order to access the admit card, you will have to provide a login ID & Password.
Step 4: After providing the login details, click on the final ‘Submit’ button. After the login process, the IPU CET 2023 admit card will appear on the screen.
Step 5: Now you have to download the IPU CET admit card & then take a hard copy of it for upcoming references.
Details mentioned in Admit Card
- Candidate’s Name.
- Candidate’s Signature.
- Exam date and time.
- Candidate’s Photograph.
- Thumb impression.
- Exam center details.
- Communication details.
- CET code.
- Roll Number.
- Centre code.
IPU CET 2023 Result
The results will be announced after the examination on the GGSIP university website i.e. ipu.ac.in, as per the details available in the previous year’s information brochure of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. No intimation of the declaration of results or the beginning of counseling for admission processes will be sent individually to the applicants.
As per the available information brochure of the previous year, only the ranks of those applicants who have passed the IPU CET 2023 will be maintained and appeared.
How to Check IPU CET 2023 Results
- The result of IPU CET 2023 will be declared on the GGSIPU website as well.
- In order to see the result of IPU CET 2023, you have to go through the GGSIPU official website and then click on the available link of ‘CET 2023 Results’.
- Once you will click on the link then a new window will open.
- In that window, you will obtain the result in the PDF form for all courses such as LLB/ B.Tech/ BCA/ MCA/ M.Tech, etc.
- Now you have to click on the available PDF link. After clicking, the result will be displayed that will carry all the important details such as the name of the candidates, roll no., and rank of the candidates.
- After checking the result, do not forget to download the pdf of the result.
Details Mentioned on the IPU CET 2023 Result Card
The applicants will find the following details on the result/scorecard of the IPU CET 2023. Before downloading the result, the applicants must assure that the details stated in the scorecard of IPU CET 2023 are correct:
- Applicant’s Name
- Program name mentioned by the applicants
- Applicant’s rank status
- Applicant’s roll number
- Category of applicant
IPU CET 2023 Cut Off
The Cut-Off of IPU CET 2023 will be prepared based on the available seats, the number of applicants, etc. Applicants are supposed to score equal to or more than the cutoff score in order to get admission to their desired course and college.
The Cutoff of IPU CET 2023 will be announced on the university’s official website. The cut-off varies with the course chosen and the college itself. IPU CET counseling is requested by applicants who have scored more or equal to the cutoff marks. The cut-off of IPU CET 2023 will be made obtainable in the opening & closing rank format. The counseling of IPU CET will be carried out in various rounds.
The cut-off of IPU CET 2023 will be declared after the announcement of the result of IPU CET. For All India Level, for Delhi & outside the Delhi region, the cutoff of IPU CET 2023 will be issued.
IPU CET 2023 Counselling
Only those applicants will be chosen for admission through university counseling who are CET-qualified, and those who satisfy all the eligibility criteria for admission. Before starting the respective counseling process, a detailed record for the 1st counseling will be informed. Before the last week of March month, the provisional dates of starting of the 1st & 2nd counseling shall be notified. Depending on the no. of available seats in all programs, the applicants will be called for counseling. The admissions of the candidates will be taken strictly on the scale of merit.
Detailed IPU CET Counselling Process 2023
The IPU CET 2023 counseling process is held once for admission purposes for all qualified applicants. Applicants must have to take part in the counseling process in accordance with the pre-stated IPU CET counseling schedule.
Note: It should be kept in mind that applicants who obtained higher marks will be granted priority at the time of allotment of seats during the counseling process.
The counseling of IPU CET 2023 will be held in multiple steps as discussed below:
Step 1: Counselling Fee Payment of the IPU CET 2023
- First of all, applicants will have to pay the counseling fee of Rs. 1000, in order to participate in the counseling process of IPU CET. It should be kept in mind that the counseling fee is non-refundable.
- Applicants can pay the fee via online mode by using Net-banking/Credit or Debit card.
- After that, applicants must have to take a hard copy of the confirmation receipt of the counseling fee.
- Remember that, the counseling fee payment will be made before the last date.
Step 2: Registration for IPU CET 2023 Counselling
- After making payment of the counseling fee, the next process is to register for counseling.
- Here, applicants will receive their credentials such as Login Id & Password.
- Applicants will have to fill in the necessary informations in order to finish the registration process and then they will need to verify the recorded details before printing it.
- IF an applicants find any issue during registration, then he/she will need to contact immediately on the helpdesk no. or emails of the authorized university along with fee confirmation receipt as proof.
Stage 3: Choice Filling during IPU CET 2023 Counselling
- The next step is choice filling in the IPU CET counseling process.
- Here, applicants will have to fill the college choice for seat allotment.
- The allotment of the seat can not be done without filling in the preferred choices.
- After making the choices, no changes will be entertained so it is necessary to fill the choices carefully. However, post the counseling of 1st round, a chance to alter the choices will be provided to the applicants.
Stage 4: Seat Allotment after IPU CET 2023 Counselling
- Based on the applicant’s preferred choices, category & merit, allotment of seat will be done.
- The seat allotment result will be announced after every round of counseling.
- The seat allotment depends on the no. of available seats.
- For seat allotment, applicants will need to fix the option, and then they need to print the provisional allotment letter.
- To ensure the seat allotment, applicants will need to pay INR 40,000 as an amount for the academic fee.
- Applicants missing to reach for admission will no more able to claim the allocated seat later and the deposited amount as a part of the academic fee paid will be forfeited as well.
Documents Required for IPU CET 2023 Counselling
At the time of counseling through IPU CET, the applicants will have to carry the following documents:
- Mark sheet/ Certificate of Class 10th
- Mark sheet/ Certificate of Class 12th
- Admit card of the IPU CET 2023
- Provisional Seat Allotment Letter
- Character Certificate
- Registration Slip of IPU CET 2023
- Rank card of the IPU CET 2023
- Category Certificate (duly attested)
- 2 Identical recent passport-size photographs
IPU CET 2023 Seat Availability
Through IPU CET 2023, the following no. of seats are expected to be available for admission in different courses as per the information available in the information brochure of the previous year.
|M.Sc. Forensic Science||31|
|B.Sc. Nursing Post Basic||20|
|B.Ed. (Spl Ed)||180|
|BA (ECO) (H)||8036|
|BA Eng (H)||2030|
|LE B.Tech (Diploma) & B.Sc. Graduate||789|
Courses Offered Through IPU CET 2023
The official information brochure for the IPU CET exam was published last year by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, showing the full list of available programs for which the corresponding IPU CET is compulsory to give. It is assumed that the latest IPU CET 2023 information brochure will also have the list of all undergraduate & postgraduate programs proposed by the University for which applicants are needed to crack the IPU CET exam.
Note: A unique CET Code is allocated for every CET. The various CETs by which admission to relevant undergraduate & postgraduate programs can be checked out below by applicants willing to perform in IPU CET 2023.
List of UG Courses
|Course Name||Admission Criteria|
|LE B. Tech (Diploma)||CET|
|BA (ECO) H||CET|
|B.Sc (N) P Basic||CET|
|LE B.Tech (B.Sc)||CET|
List of PG Courses
|Course Name||Admission Criteria|
PG Diploma (CET to be conducted)
|Course Name||Admission Criteria|
M.Phil Programs (CET to be conducted)
|Course Name||Admission Criteria|
Ph.D Programs (CET to be conducted)
|Course Name||Admission Criteria|
|Ph.D. (MA Engg)||CET|
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) is located in Delhi, India. GGSIPU is the first university to be founded by the NCT’s Government of Delhi under the provisions of the GGSIPU Act, 1998. Currently, the university is UGC recognized in accordance with the provisions of Section 12B of the UGC Act. The University has acquired various recognition & accolades within the 13 years of its service. Some of the recognitions & accolades are given below:
- UGC recognition under Section 2(f) & 12(b)
- Accomplished AIU’s Status of Regular Membership in November 2008
- ISO 9001:2000 first in 2008 and upgraded later to ISO 9001:2008 in 2009
- Awarded by NAAC, Bangalore as Grade-A University
- Selected for Grand Book on Education ‘Star Brands Education 2010’ among top 250 educational Indian institutes.
The School of Engineering & Technology and the School of Medicine and Para Medical Health Sciences are two schools of study affiliated with GGSIPU. Overall, GGSIPU has HUNDRED affiliated institutes: Seventy-six are self-funded & Twenty-four are owned, and managed by the NCT’s government of Delhi/GOI. Go through the official website at ipu.ac. for other detailed information.
If the applicant faces any problem while filling the IPU CET 2023 application process or for any other processes, applicants can directly contact the official GGSIPU authorities for assistance at the following address:
Address: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University,
Sector – 16C Dwarka, Delhi, Pin- 110078
University Public Relations Officer Contact: 7291872201
Mobile Helpline Number: 9971616992, 9560313682
Email: [email protected]
IPU CET 2023 FAQ’S
After applying for IPU CET 2023 I can get admission in which courses?
The courses offered through IPU CET are such as BASLP/ B. Tech/ BPO/ BCA/ BJMC/ M. B. B. S/ BDS/ MLT/BHMS/ BSc./BAMS/ M. Tech/ LLB/ BPT/ BBA/ B.Com (Hons.) etc. Additionally to be admitted in Engineering & Medical programs applicants will need to qualify for the mandatory exams such as JEE Main & NEET.
On which basis admission will be offered?
On the basis of rank secured in IPU CET 2023, the admission will be offered.
On which basis I can get admission to these courses – MBA, FM, IB u0026amp; FA?
Admission to the courses such as MBA, FM, IB & FA will be taken on behalf of Common Admission Test scores.
Is there any entrance exam conducted for admission in the B.Arch course?
To get admitted to the B.Arch. course, there will no CET be conducted.
How to participate in IPU CET 2023 counseling?
To participate in the counseling process, visit the official website of IPU CET. The counseling for programs such as B.Tech/ Medical/ Law, etc will be held online and for some courses like BBA/ BA/ B.Ed., etc it will be held offline.
I want to apply for more than one course. How can I apply?
To apply for more than one course, applicants will have to apply separately for each course (s) which have a different CET code.
What is the code for applying to the B.Tech course?
The CET code for B.Tech program is 131.
How many questions do I have to answer in IPU CET?
You will have to answer 150 MCQs in IPU CET 2023, except Bio-Technology (200 questions).
What are the minimum IPU CET eligibility criteria for admission in PG courses at IPU?
Applicants who want to apply for PG courses must have a 3-year bachelor’s degree from any UGC recognized university.
How is the merit list prepared?
The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks/ rank obtained by the applicants in IPU CET 2023.
My category has been printed incorrectly in the Admit Card. How can I correct it?
In this case, you have to contact at this address: [email protected].
Will there be any negative marking in IPU CET Exam?
Yes, there will be a negative marking in the IPU CET exam except for few courses such as MBBS, SSMC, DM, PGMC, & MCH.
I have applied for IPU CET. How can I access the Admit Card?
The IPU CET admit card will be accessible from the official website of the university in online mode.
Is there any fees for Counseling?
Yes, for the counseling process, applicants will have to pay a charge as a counseling registration fee of Rs. 1000/- which will be non-refundable.