ELFU stands for English and Foreign Language University. The English and Foreign Language University (EFLU) organizes an entrance exam for all students who are interested to enroll in the different courses in EFLU. It provides various UG and PG programs. Aspirants who plan to take the EFLU 2022 exam should continue reading this article for more information.
We’ve covered everything you need to know about the English & Foreign Language University Entrance Exam 2022 i.e. Registration process, Important Dates, Admit Card, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Syllabus, and Exam Results, etc.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
EFLU Admission 2022 – Overview
|Exam Name||English and Foreign Languages University Entrance Examination 2022|
|Acronym||EFLU Entrance Examination 2022|
|Conducting Authority||English and Foreign Languages University|
|Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based test|
|Exam Duration||2 hours (120 Minutes)|
|Offered UG courses||8|
|Offered PG courses||14|
|Total Available Seats||790|
|Total Exam Centres||23|
|Total Participating Schools||7|
|Reservation||Available as per Government norms|
EFLU 2022 Important Date
After clearing this entrance exam, one can enroll in the English & Foreign Language University. The important details about the English & Foreign Language University Entrance exam 2022 are listed below.
|The Online Application form filling process starts from||May 2022|
|Closing date of submission of the application form||May 2022|
|Releasing date of EFLU Admit card||In the first week of June 2022|
|Date of EFLU 2022 Examination||In the second week of June 2022|
|Declaration of Result||In the third week of June 2022|
|Counseling starts from||July 2022|
EFLU Application Form 2022
The EFLU 2022 application form will be available online on the official website by the exam conducting authority. Applicants are not permitted to register for more than 2 programs. Applicants must submit their application form for EFLU 2022 before the university’s deadline, failing to do so will result in losing their opportunity to apply online for admission. Applicants should remember to fill the application form accurately, as the university does not allow them to make any changes in the detail. As a result, applicants should read the application form of EFLU 2022 several times before submitting it online.
How to Fill EFLU Entrance Test Application Form 2022?
To fill out the EFLU Entrance Test 2022 application form, applicants must follow the steps outlined below. Filling out the EFLU application form entails the below-mentioned steps:
- Registration Process
- Filling Form & Online Submission
- First of all, applicants must register for the EFLU exam so that a login ID can be created for them.
- Applicants must click on the relevant link in order to do so.
- Applicants will find 3 options after opening the link: ‘Prospectus,’ ‘Registration Link,’ & ‘Login.’
- Select ‘RegistrationI Link’ from the options.
- Now, fill in your Name, DOB, Phone Number, e-mail address, Voter ID/Passport/Driver’s License/ Ration Card details.
- Now mark the Declaration & then ‘Submit’ after filling in the above-required information.
- The Login ID will be provided in the message or e-mail, and the password will be your Date of Birth.
Online Form Filling
Filling out the online form for the EFLU Entrance Test entails the below steps as given:
- Candidate’s Personal Informations
- Educational Qualification & Course Program Informations
- Other General Details
- Upload Documents & Payments
Filling Personal Details:
In the application form, applicants must fill in the personal information as given below:
- Applicant’s Nationality
- State of Domicile
- Applicant’s Category
- Applicant’s Blood Group
- Other Important Details (Like Sports details, PH status, if any)
After filling all the details, applicants will have to click on the ‘Save & Next’ button.
Education & Course Programme Details:
In this current step, applicants must fill in the informations as given below:
- Choice filling of Program/ Course
- Choice filling of Subject
- Choice filling of Campus (Hyderabad/ Lucknow/ Shillong)
- Select preferred Test City center
- Educational Qualifications
- The medium/language of the Qualifying Exam.
After filling out the above information, click ‘Save & Next.’
Filling General Information:
Now, applicants must fill in the following information:
- Applicant’s Religion
- Applicant’s Permanent Communicational Address
- Applicant’s Mailing Address
- Applicant’s Family Details
After filling out the above information, click ‘Save & Next.’
Documents Upload and Payment:
Applicants must upload the following mentioned documents in the prescribed format and pay the entrance exam fee at this stage:
- Scanned Image of Passport size Photo
- Scanned Image of Handwritten Signature
- Scanned Image of Identity Proof
- Academic Marksheet/ Certificate
Finally, tick the declaration & then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
The payment gateway of the application fee will be open after uploading the required documents. The application fee, as stated above, must be paid by the applicants. Applicants should take a printout of their application form after submitting it, but it should not be sent to the university by post.
EFLU Application Fee 2022
Applicants must ensure that all of the details that they have filled in on the EFLU 2022 application form should be accurate and authentic before paying the application fee. Once the applicant has paid for the EFLU registration form, they will not be given the opportunity to make any changes. Applicants will be able to pay online the application fee through a secure portal on the university’s website. It is recommended to applicants to save multiple copies of the application fee receipts for all further references.
|Category||Fee (in INR)|
|General/OBC candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 250/-|
EFLU Eligibility Criteria 2022
The university has established a standard by which applicants will be admitted to the university through the EFLU admission process. The EFLU 2022 eligibility criteria include the minimum degree/ marks that applicants must have in order to be considered eligible to take the exam. Applicants who are unable to prove their eligibility or meet the EFLU eligibility criteria 2022 will be denied admission to the university, even at a later stage. Aspirants can check the basic & common eligibility criteria required for EFLU 2022 for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses as given below:
For BA Courses
- Qualification: Applicants should pass class 10th and 12th or equivalent from any of the recognized boards.
- Marks Criteria: Applicants’ score should be atleast 50% marks for unreserved category (45% marks for all reserved category) in the last qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Appearing applicants in class 12th can also apply.
For MA Courses
- Qualification: Applicants should have acquired a Bachelor’s degree from any of the recognized institutes/ universities.
- Marks Criteria: Applicants’ score should be atleast 55% marks for unreserved category (50% marks for all reserved category) in the last qualifying exam.
- Appearing: Appearing applicants in the last year of graduation can also apply.
EFLU Exam Pattern 2022
The nature & types of the questions that will be asked in the exam are highlighted in the exam pattern of EFLU 2022. It contains important details like Exam mode, Total No. of asked questions, Maximum Marks, Marking Scheme, Type of asked questions, Exam Duration, etc. All of this information assists applicants in becoming familiar with the pattern of the EFLU admission tests and in preparing accordingly in order to improve their scores and to increase their chances for admission to the desired courses. For all of the university’s programs, including undergraduate, postgraduate & teacher training courses, the exam pattern of EFLU 2022 is highlighted. Applicants can read the following information to know more about the nature & pattern of the asked questions in the entrance exam.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held in both online & offline mode as well.
- Type of Asked Question: Objective questions i.e. MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) will be asked in the EFLU exam.
- Total No. of Questions: There will be a total of 100 questions asked in the exam.
- Exam Duration: The exam will be completed in 2 hours of duration.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for every right answer.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking will be there in the exam.
EFLU 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of the EFLU 2022 is mentioned here. For the UG course, the syllabus of the EFLU 2022 will be based on the 12th level, while for the PG Courses, the syllabus of the EFLU 2022 will be based on the Graduation level. Reasoning & Literature, Vocabulary, General Knowledge, and other topics will be covered in the syllabus of the EFLU 2022 for UG courses. The English Language Ability, Reasoning Ability, Analytical Ability, Linguistic Ability and Skills, etc. will be covered in the syllabus of the EFLU 2022 for the PG course.
EFLU 2022 Preparation Tips
The Preparation Tips for the EFLU 2022 can be found here. Students should be aware of the EFLU 2022 following tips, which will assist them in achieving good marks in the ELFU entrance exam.
- To build self-confidence, go over the entire EFLU syllabus. Set aside two to three months to focus solely on the syllabus.
- Prepare a short note for each topic after you’ve covered the specific topics; this will be helpful in your revision.
- After you’ve finished the syllabus, take a practice test. Begin with the test of the sectional portion.
- First, always give a free mock test and then, for the rest of the time, buy a paid mock series that includes both sectional and full-length mock tests.
- Give one mock in one week at first, then two mocks in a week after that.
- Give full-length mock tests later, and it’s crucial to analyze each of the mock tests.
- Revision is one of the most important aspects of any exam preparation. Revision is necessary and should be done several times.
EFLU Admit Card 2022
The admit card of the EFLU 2022 will be available on the official website in online mode. Applicants can access their admit card by downloading it from the official website, tentatively in March month. By filling in their application number & date of birth, applicants can access their admit card. Applicants are advised to double-check all of the information mentioned on their admit card. At the examination hall, applicants must bring their admit card along with one photo proof ID card. Applicants will not be allowed to enter to the exam hall unless they have their admit card.
Details Mentioned on the EFLU Admit Card 2022
Before printing, applicants should check their EFLU 2022 admit card for the following information. Applicants are advised to contact the university as soon as possible if any discrepancies are found.
- Name of Candidate
- Roll Number
- Venue & Details of the exam centre
- Exam Name
- Reporting time
- Exam Date
- Important guidelines
How to Download EFLU Admission 2022 Admit Card?
To obtain the admit card for the EFLU admission 2022, the application must complete all of the steps outlined below:
- Go to the EFLU’s official website.
- Move to the “Academic Announcements” session on the main page and then click on the link of “Hall Ticket EFLU Admission 2022”.
- Login with your Email ID/User ID & Date of Birth on the new page.
- On the new window screen, the admit card for UG and PG courses will appear.
- The PDF of the admit card for the EFLU Admission 2022 can be downloaded, and the applicants must have to take a hard copy of the admit card.
EFLU Exam Centres 2022
The allotted exam centres for the EFLU admission test 2022, will be mentioned on the admit card. There are around 23 EFLU test centres in 2022, which are located throughout the country. While filling out the EFLU application form, applicants must select the EFLU exam centres. On the examination day, applicants must bring their admit card as well as a valid photo proof ID card. After the release of the admit cards, the EFLU exam centres will not be changed under any circumstances.
EFLU 2022 Result
The details of the EFLU 2022 Result are mentioned here. The results of the EFLU will be available in online mode on the official website. By entering the Login Credentials, applicants can download their results.
Tentatively, in the 3rd week of June 2022, the EFLU admission test result for 2022 will be announced. Along with the EFLU admission test results, the authority will also publish the merit list. The result will be calculated based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam. On the basis of results, students will be chosen for the next step in the admissions process.
How to Check EFLU 2022 Result
The steps that candidates must follow to access their result of the EFLU 2022 entrance exam are as follows:
- To access the result of the EFLU entrance test, go to the official website and click on the related link.
- Click the “Entrance Test Result” link under the “Academic Announcements” tab.
- According to details filled in the application form of the EFLU entrance test, select the program level & university campus.
- Your result/ scorecard will appear on the monitor screen.
- Save the result card for future references.
EFLU Answer Key 2022
After the successful conduction of the entrance exam, applicants will be able to access the EFLU 2022 entrance test answer key. The English & Foreign Language University, Hyderabad will publish the EFLU entrance test answer key on its own website. The answer key can be accessed through online mode only.
Steps to Access EFLU Entrance Test 2022 Answer Key
The following are the steps to accessing the copy of the answer key of the EFLU Entrance Test 2022:
- Go to the official website and click the link for “EFLU Entrance Test 2022 Answer Key”.
- Select the course for which you’ve applied.
- Enter the candidate’s login information for the entrance exam.
- Select the “Submit” button.
- Save a copy of the answer key to your computer for future reference.
EFLU 2022 Cut Off
Following the announcement of the EFLU entrance test results, the authorities will also release the EFLU entrance test Cut Off. Cutoffs can be checked online by applicants. The cutoff will be the minimum score that applicants must score in the exam. Applicants who achieve the minimum cut-off score will be able to get admission to the university. For all categories, applicants can check the required cut off marks in the following section:
- For SC/ ST/ PWD Applicants: 30%
- For OBC Applicants: 45%
- For unreserved category Applicants: 50%
EFLU Counselling Process 2022
After the completion of the entrance test, the cutoff score will be released on the EFLU’s official website and just after releasing the cutoffs, the counseling process will begin for the admission. Applicants who will be shortlisted based on their cutoff scores will be assigned seats in the English & Foreign Language University campuses, including Hyderabad, Shillong, & Lucknow. Applicants seeking admission to various UG, PG, MPhil, & Ph.D. courses offered at different EFLU campuses must go through the EFLU counseling process.
The online process of the counseling for the forthcoming academic year will include steps such as document verification & payment of the admission fee. To avoid the cancellation of seats, applicants must be present at the allotted time and day of counseling. Before releasing of admission list for the M.A course at EFLU campuses, the university will take a telephonic interview for M.A applicants.
Documents Required During EFLU Counselling Process 2022
The following is a list of all the documents that applicants must present for verification during the counseling process of the EFLU 2022, along with two self-attested copies of the same:
- Original admit card/hall ticket of EFLU entrance test
- Provisional admission letter sent by the EFLU
- Certificate of DoB
- Marksheets/certificates of Class XIIth
- Certificate/ Marksheet of Graduation (if applicable)
- Certificate/ Marksheet of Postgraduation (if applicable)
- Transfer/Migration certificate (for applicants from other universities)
- Community/ caste certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Fitness Certificate (for PwD category candidates)
- Two Passport-sized photographs
- Other required certificates (as per the category)
EFLU 2022 Reservation Policies
Seats for admission in EFLU will be reserved in accordance with the terms of the Central Educational Institutions. Applicants belonging from a reserved category, such as OBC, and PWD should review the following reservation policy:
For SC/ST Candidates:
- For all courses, 5% of seats for SC/ ST applicants will be reserved, 15% reserved for SC applicants, and 7.5% reserved for ST applicants.
- The 5% relaxation will be given in the secured marks of the qualifying examination.
For OBC Candidates:
- For all courses, 27% of the seats for OBC applicants will be reserved.
- There is no relaxation in marks secured in the qualifying exam that has been set by the conducting for OBC applicants.
For PwD Candidates:
Supernumerary seats worth 5% of the total intake will be reserved for applicants with a minimum of 40% disability. The reservation policy will be valid for all the offered courses.
EFLU Scholarship Schemes 2022
For those who apply for EFLU admission in 2022, EFLU offers Merit-cum-Means scholarships/fellowships for the tuition fee. To apply for an EFLU 2022 fellowship/scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants who are applying for a full-time course (except Ph.D.) and the yearly income of their parents should be less than Rs. 1,50,000 are eligible to to claim Merit-cum-Means Fellowship/ scholarships.
- Applicants from the ST/SC/OBC/Physically/Visually Challenged communities who are enrolled in any course other than a Ph.D. program are eligible to apply for the fellowship/scholarship.
- Applicants who have received marks above 50% in the qualifying exam, such as a B.A./ M.A./PGDTE/ B.Ed, and scored more than 60% marks in the entrance exam will be considered for a scholarship.
- To apply for any state government policies, Indian national applicants who are availing of an ICSSR fellowship/Scholarship must upload the required documents along with the application form.
At the end of each semester, i.e. in the month of December and July, eligible applicants receive a scholarship of Rs. 1000/-.
Following are the list of offered courses through EFLU entrance test:
|Undergraduate Course (UG)||BA in English, BA in Japanese, BA in Arabic, BA in Russian, BA in French, BA in German, BA in Spanish, BA in Journalism and Mass Comm.|
|Postgraduate Course (PG)||MA in English, MA in English Literature, MA in Computational Linguistic, MA in Journalism and Mass Comm., MA in Hindi, MA in Russian Language and Literature, MA in Arabic Language and Literature, MA in Hispanic Language and Literature, MA in Linguistic, MA in Literature (English), MA in English language Teaching, MA in Comparative Literature|
|Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)||Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching English, B.Ed in English, Postgraduate Diploma in Teaching Arabic,|
|Doctorate (PhD)||Ph.D. in Education, Ph.D. in Translation Studies, Ph.D. in Hindi, Ph.D. in Indian and World Literature, Ph.D. in English Literature, Ph.D. in Linguistics and Phonetics, Ph.D. in Comparative Literature, Ph.D. in Language Education|
The English and Foreign Languages University
English & Foreign Languages University is located in the city of Hyderabad. The EFLU was established in 1958 as the CIE i.e. Central Institute of English. In addition to the teacher training courses, CIE sets standards through its various refresher courses, conferences, & syllabus design ventures. The CIE had also inaugurated indigenous English education programs by publishing school textbooks & then radio lessons
The Institute gradually broadened the scope of its objectives, which included improving the quality of English teaching, conducting relevant research, and introducing foreign languages. In the year 1972, it was renamed as CIEFL i.e. Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages, and 3 major foreign languages – German, Russian, & French were added then.
EFLU 2022 FAQ’S
Can I submit my birth certificate the next day of the counseling process if I forget to bring it?
No, you have to submit all the documents at the time of counseling only otherwise your candidature will be canceled.
What will be the mode for Payment of the EFLU application form?
The application fee can paid through only mode only.
Where I have to send the hardcopy of the application form?
No, you don’t need to send a hardcopy of the application form.
Is it important to include English as one of the subjects while calculating the aggregate marks?
Yes, it is important to include English subject while calculating the aggregate marks.
Can I make corrections in the application form after submission of it?
The authority will not provide the correction facility after the successful submission of the application form, so fill in the details very carefully.
How many UG and PG courses are offered by the university?
The various Undergraduate & Postgraduate courses are offered by the university which is related to English & Foreign Languages. There is a total of 8 courses offered for Undergraduates, and 14 courses for Postgraduates.
If I appear for both the sessions of the exam held in January and April, which score of the two exams will be considered for admission?
If you will appear for both sessions, then the highest score out of both sessions will be considered.