DASA 2022 Application Form (UG) can be filled out by 20th September 2022 through online mode only. DASA stands for Direct Admission of Students Abroad. This is a special scheme launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, for several UG and PG courses.
This scheme is specially designed for Foreign Students, Persons of Indian Origin living in abroad (POIs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf (CIWG), and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI).
DASA 2022 Application Form (UG) can be filled out till 20th September 2022 through online mode only. Click here to apply.
DASA 2023 Admission will be given to candidates in Engineering, Architecture, Design & Management fields. No examination will be conducted for DASA.
Qualifying for DASA helps the students join up in India’s top-rated engineering, architecture, designing, and management institutions for Under Graduate Courses like Engineering, B.Tech, and Post Graduate courses like M.Tech and MBA.
The Institutions functioning under DASA are NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, DTU, SPA, and many other government institutions of India offering the degree of B.Tech/M.Tech/MBA.
So, if you wish to travel back to India and get your UG/PG degree from India’s Top notch engineering or management colleges; read the full article.
In this article, students will find every important detail regarding DASA 2022, Application Form, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Important Exam Dates, Result, Syllabus, and Counselling.
Table of Contents
DASA 2022 Overview
|Name of Exam||DASA|
|Full-Form||Direct Admissions of Students Abroad|
|Types of Exam||UG & PG Level|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, architecture design, and management|
|Conducting Authority||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India|
DASA 2022 Important Dates
All the important dates related to DASA PG 2022 are mentioned below. Candidates can scroll down to find the necessary details about DASA PG 2022.
|Commencement of Application form||29th August 2022|
|Last Date for Registration||20th September 2022|
|Final date for receipt of Subject Test Scores||30th September 2022|
|1st round seat allotment||5th October 2022|
|1st round confirmation||6th to 7th October 2022|
|2nd round seat allotment||8th October 2022|
|2nd round confirmation||9th to 10th October 2022|
|3rd round seat allotment||11th October 2022|
|3rd round confirmation||12th to 13th October 2022|
|Choice filling & new registration||21st to 25th October 2022|
|4th round seat allotment||TBA|
|4th round confirmation||TBA|
|All rounds reporting by applicants to the allotted institute||TBA|
|Choice filling & registration of spot round by new applicants||TBA|
|Spot round vacant seats & spot round allotment||27th October 2022|
|Reporting to allotted institute by applicant of spot round||28th to 31st October 2022|
|Commencement of Application form||30th July 2022|
|Last Date to Submit the application form||13th August 2022|
|Last date receipt (GRE/ GMAT score) for round 1 & 2||August 2022|
|1st round seat allotment||14th to 15th August 2022|
|1st round confirmation||16th to 17th August 2022|
|2nd round seat allotment||August 2022|
|2nd round confirmation||August 2022|
|Reporting to the allotted institute||18th August 2022 onwards|
DASA 2022 Application Form
Applicants would go through the following application form specifics concerning DASA 2022:
- The registration form for DASA 2022 will be released online mode.
- The registration form for the UG course will be accessible from the first week of April to the second week of June 2022
- For the PG course, between the third week of April and the third week of June 2022, the application form will be made available.
- Students are advised to provide their email ID & phone number in the registration form whilst filling out the registration form.
- No hard copy of the filled-in registration form will be submitted for further use.
- Applicants will submit the SAT subject test scores via the College Board, USA, to NITK Surathkal.
- No change or edit will be allowed to any applicant after the online application has been submitted. Thus the applicant must carefully fill out the form.
- Ultimately, applicants must not fail to take a photocopy of the registration form filled in for further use.
- Students may pay the registration fee through E-Payment through credit card or debit card.
- Applicants may also request the registration fee through a swift transfer.
Here we have an approval fee table for various categories:
|Category||Registration Fee||1st Semester (Tuition fee)||Total Fee|
|General category||US $ 300||US $ 4000||US $ 4300|
|Foreign National of SAARC countries||US $ 300||US $ 2000||US $ 2300|
Uploading images and documents is an utmost important step in the registration process. Candidates can check the image specification criteria from the given table.
|Passport size photo||JPG||Less than 100 kB||3.5 cm x 3.5 cm|
|Scanned signature||JPG||Less than 100 kB||–|
|Scanned copies of relevant documents||JPG/JPEG||Less than 500 kB||Colour/B&W/Gray Scale|
Documents to be provided with the Online Application Form:
- Scanned signature of applicant in JPG format
- Scanned copies of relevant documents
- Class 10th, 11th, and 12th mark-sheet
- Class 10th, 11th, and 12th certificate
- Applicants Passport
- Date of Birth proof
- Proof of last 2 years of education in a foreign country in case of NRI
- Latest passport-size photograph in JPG format
Required Documents Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWG) category:
- Copy of Parent’s visa.
- Copy of the passport of the parent working in the Gulf.
- Certificate from the company/organization as proof that the parent is working in the gulf country.
- Copy of Parent’s Work Permit (If any).
In case, 12th standard or equivalent is not completed yet, the candidate has to give an undertaking in the online application.
DASA 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must go through the following information about the eligibility requirements for DASA 2022:
For UG Course:
- Nationality: Applicants of the category NRI / PIO / OCI can apply.
- Qualification: Applicants should meet the criteria to be qualified from intermediate or equivalent exams from any recognized board or university. You might like to check COMEDK UGET 2022 examination.
- Compulsory Subjects: Applicants must have Mathematics & Physics subjects & any one from Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or Computer Science. Percentage: In the qualifying exam, he/she must score at least 60 percent or 50 CGPA marks (on a 10-point scale).
- Age Criteria: Must be born or be born after October 1, 1997.
- Appearing: Applicants who will appear in the qualifying exam will also be able to qualify.
For Course on PG:
- Qualification: Applicants must be eligible with a 4-5 year graduate degree in UG Engineering programs.
- Percentage: in the qualifying test, he/she must score at least 60 percentage points, or 50 (CGPA).
- M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Des / M.Plan: Applicants should have scored a total of 300 GRE (Quantitative + Verbal) Revised General Tests.
- For MBA: Selected applicants must have earned at least 480 GMAT MBA Test scores.
DASA 2022 Courses Offered
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Ceramic Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
- Mining Engineering.
- Biomedical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Computer Science and Engineering.
- Electronics System Engineering.
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Food Technology.
- Food Processing and Technology.
- Mathematics and Computing.
- Manufacturing Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Industrial and Production Engineering.
- Information & Communication Technology.
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
- Industrial Design.
- Polymer Science & Chemical Technology.
- Petrol Engineering.
- Textile Technology.
- Software Engineering.
- Marine Engineering.
- Agricultural Engineering.
DASA 2022 Participating Institutes
Within the DASA 2022 scheme, there are many Central Universities, Premier Technical Institutions, NITs, IITs, and Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPAs). These organizations are participating institutes, that coordinates the admission process with DASA. You might like to check the DASA PG 2022 examination.
|National Institute of Technology (NITs)|
|1||National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh|
|2||National Institute of Technology, Agartala, Tripura|
|3||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|4||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala|
|6||National Institute of Technology Hamirpur|
|7||National Institute of Technology, Delhi|
|8||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, West Bengal|
|9||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat, Gujarat|
|10||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu|
|11||Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur|
|12||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, Jharkhand|
|13||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana|
|14||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur|
|15||National Institute of Technology, Patna, Bihar|
|16||National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, Punjab|
|17||National Institute of Technology, Puducherry|
|18||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Orissa|
|19||National Institute of Technology, Raipur, Chhattisgarh|
|20||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Karnataka|
|Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)|
|21||ABV-Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh|
|22||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram, Tamilnadu|
|23||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh|
|Central Universities, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, and SPAs|
|24||University of Allahabad, Allahabad, UP|
|25||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar|
|26||Central University of Rajasthan|
|27||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punjab|
|28||Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam|
|29||National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|30||Central University of Haryana, Jant Pali, Mahendra Nagar, Haryana|
|31||Dr. Hari Singh Gour University, Sagar, MP|
|32||School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada|
|33||School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal|
DASA 2022 Reservation Criteria
The 5% supernumerary seat is designated for Children of Indian Workers of Gulf (CIWG), i.e. the 1/3rd seat reserved for CIWG candidates from the DASA quota. You might like to check the NATA 2022 examination.
Countries under CIWG are:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- The eligibility of CIWG will be the same as that of NRIs.
- NRI candidates who are eligible for CIWG Category will have the option to be considered for other seats of DASA as well.
DASA 2022 Merit List
The authority will compile the DASA 2022 Merit List and it will be published online. Only the merit list for UG courses will be prepared based on total SAT subject scores. Candidates whose valid SAT score will be received by MNNIT Allahabad from the College Board before the 2nd week of August 2022 will be regarded for merit list & seat allocation process only.
For the PG course, the merit list will only be based on total GRE / GMAT Test scores. Applicants whose valid GRE / GMAT score will be received by MNNIT Allahabad will be deemed for the merit list & seat allocation process prior to the last week of September 2022. You might like to check the SBAIEE 2022 examination.
DASA 2020 Selection Procedure
DASA 2020 Selection for Undergraduate programs will be made in 4 rounds while PG will be selected in 2 rounds. Applicants who are eligible for 1st round of allocation would be considered. Applicants must confirm their option before June 2022, last week.
Applicants who participate in Round 1 will have two choices to either accept or decline the allotted seat. The allocated course/institute & provisional letter of allotment will be produced if aspirants agree. If aspirants decline, they will lose the right to further seat allocation in Rounds 2nd & 3rd. He/she will only be qualified for Round 4th & Spot Round enrollment.
For Round 2 selection, all applicants who are not chosen for Round 1 or who have opted to accept in Round 1 will be considered. The same rule will apply to Round 3. UG applicants will be expected to submit a valid SAT subject test score in round 4.
DASA 2022 Counselling
The NBE authority will be organizing the DASA 2022 Counselling. Applicants who qualified the exam must participate in the counselling process.
In April 2022, DASA 2022 Counseling Registration will begin. Eligible applicants will get a seat allocation call (by merit list). Applicants will have to enroll to engage in counseling via the website.
The counseling process will take place in different rounds. It will be executed in the first, second, and final rounds. The initial two rounds will take place in online mode and the final round will take place offline. Applicants will be expected to pay Rs. 2500/- for enrollment.
DASA 2022 Admission
Candidates are expected to download letter of admission by online mode in the DASA 2022 admission procedure. For final admission, shortlisted candidates must report to the allotted institution. Applicants have to download and report to the allotted institution with their letter of admission.
Applicants also have to bring original & photocopies of documents required for validation. The applicants will have few seats reserved based on their nationality. Applicants would also need to undergo the medical fitness test and qualify it for entry.
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
Contact no: 0532-2545405, 2545407
DASA 2022 FAQ’S
The admit card can be downloaded by the official website.
No there is no difference in the hall ticket and admit card for DASA.
You need to contact the conducting authorities immediately if you find any discrepancies in your DASA admit card.
Yes, you can apply for more than one course.
For any queries regarding DASA 2022, please comment below.