CUSAT CAT Result 2023: CUSAT CAT is a university entrance exam conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology. The university conducts CUSAT CAT for offering admission into various UG, PG, and doctoral courses. Through this entrance exam, students seek admission into B. Tech, M.Tech, M.Phil, M.Voc, MCA, B.Sc, M.Sc, B.A.LLB, LLM, and other programs. Generally, this exam is conducted in the month of June. Through this article, you will get an idea about how the CUSAT CAT result is declared, its cutoff list, counseling process and etc.
Table of Contents
CUSAT CAT Result 2023
Every year the result of the CUSAT CAT is announced by the Cochin University of Science and Technology. CUSAT CAT Result is usually announced in the month of July/August. The results are announced online after a few days of exams. Candidates can check their results on the official website of CUSAT. Candidates will not receive any mail or post regarding the results they will have to check their results online. Candidates will have access to their results after they log in by entering their username and password. Along with the results, a rank list of candidates who have qualified for the CUSAT CAT exam will also be published. After that, the candidates who qualify for the result of CUSAT CAT are invited to the CUSAT CAT counseling session.
How to Check the Result
- Go to the official website of Cochin University.
- Candidates have to select the degree course for which they have applied.
- Next, enter your roll number.
- Then click on the “CAT – 2023 B.TECH/MSC integrated photonics” link.
- After you click on the link, the CUSAT Cat 2023 rank list will appear.
- Download the result for the further admission process.
How is the CUSAT CAT result calculated?
The authorities conducting CUSAT CAT follow a simple formula to calculate the result i.e.
S = 3R-1W
S is the CAT score of the candidate.
R is the number of right answers given by a candidate.
W is the number of wrong answers given by a candidate.
For every correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded to the candidate and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. If two candidates have the same score then the tie-breaking policy will be followed by the authorities.
CUSAT CAT Rank List
After the results are declared the authorities will release the CUSAT CAT 2023 rank list through online mode. The candidates can check the list on the official website of the university. The rank list is prepared based on the number of students who appeared in the exam and the marks secured by the students in the exam. The rank list is declared along with the result. Based on their rank the candidates are invited to the counseling rounds.
CUSAT CAT Cut-off
The cut-off list of CUSAT CAT 2023 will be issued online mode. Participating colleges have their separate cut-off and it will be different for every course. The cut-off list is prepared based on these factors
- The difficulty level of the exam
- Total number of seats
- The number of candidates who appeared for the exam
- Number of candidates qualified for the exam and
- Marks are secured by the topper.
- Content on the CUSAT CAT 2023 scorecard
- The scorecard will contain all the basic information about the candidate.
- Name and date of birth
- Register the number of the candidate
- The score was obtained by the candidate to qualify for the entrance exam.
The answer key for CUSAT CAT 2023 will be available on the official website of the university within 1 week after the exams are over. The Candidates can verify their answers using the answer key.
Criteria for Tie-Breaker of CUSAT CAT Exam
In case of a tie between the candidates, the following rules are followed by the authorities.
- The candidate’s total marks obtained in mathematics will be compared. The candidate who has got higher marks in maths will be preferred.
- If the tie continues, the marks scored in Physics will be compared.
- After that, the authorities will compare the marks scored in Chemistry to break the tie.
- If the tie is still not resolved then they combine the marks of all the above subjects. The candidate who gets a high score after combining the marks will be preferred.
- If the tie continues then the total marks of the 12th board exam are considered.
- If the tie exists even after that then the marks obtained in English subjects are taken into consideration.
- Post that the candidate’s date of birth will be considered. The older candidate will be given preference.
- Further, if the tie persists the alphabetical order of the candidate’s name is taken into account by the authorities for tie-breaking.
CUSAT CAT 2023 Counselling Process
Candidates who want to take admitted into various courses including B. Tech, M. Tech, MCA, B. Sc, and M. Sc, etc Have to qualify for the counseling process. The results will depend on the minimum cut-off that the candidate procures in the entrance exam. So the candidates are advised to study accordingly for the exam. The candidate who secures more than the cut-off marks is summoned for the counseling process. Individual call letters will only be sent to the candidates meeting the requirements of CUSAT CAT.
Documents that will be required for the counseling process of CUSAT CAT 2023
- CUSAT CAT 2023 admit card
- Original mark sheet of class 10th and 12th
- Counseling invitation letter
- CUSAT CAT 2023 scorecard
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer certificate from last studied school
- 4 Passport size photographs.
- Community certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate
The candidates who are selected for the counseling process need to carry the above documents. After the candidate is done with the physical; reporting, document verification, and payment of fee they will be allotted a seat in any of the institutes affiliated with Cochin University of Science and Technology.
CUSAT CAT 2023 FAQs
The CUSAT CAT 2023 will be conducted online
There is no stipulated age limit to apply for CUSAT CAT 2023
Yes, an international candidate can apply for this exam if he/she is meeting the eligibility criteria.
Yes, a candidate can apply for two or more courses by filling a single application form.
Total 250 questions are asked from which 125 are of Mathematics, 75 of physics, and 50 of Chemistry
The score is calculated as per the formula which is
S = 3R – 1W
Where S is the CAT score, R is the number of right answers and W is the number of wrong answers.