The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is an entrance examination which facilitates aspiring candidates to avail admission in management courses. This entrance examination is held at the national level. National Test Agency, also known as the NTA, is going to conduct CMAT 2022. Upon qualifying in this entrance examination, the applicants can avail admission in various reputed colleges all over the country offering management courses. This test assesses the ability and IQ of the interested candidates by questions belonging to genres like Quantitative Questions, Reasoning, Comprehension, and General Aptitude. In this article, aspirants will find all the important detail regarding CMAT – Common Management Admission Test Eligibility Criteria 2022, Qualification Required.
Admission Open For
- LPU University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- Manav Rachna University 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
- MIT Pune 2022 Application Open. Apply Now >
CMAT 2022 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Common Management Admission Test|
|Also Known As||CMAT|
|Conducted By||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based (online) mode|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Validity of Scorecard||One year|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Question Type||Multiple choice questions (Objective type)|
|Sections||Total four, namelyLogical reasoningQuantitative techniques and data interpretationGeneral awarenessLanguage comprehension and verbal ability|
|Purpose of Exam||Admission to management program at participating institutes|
|Reservation of Seats||As per GOI norms|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
The Eligibility Criteria for CMAT 2022 include 2 significant eligibility requirements for the CMAT Exam. The CMAT test eligibility for entry into CMAT 2022 is the very first part of the CMAT criteria for eligibility and part 2 of CMAT 2022 eligibility is post-CMAT exam eligibility with cut-offs needed by each of the institutes that are going to accept CMAT 2022 score to offer AICTE authorized MBA / PGDM programmes.
The CMAT 2022 examination conducting body, the National Testing Agency (NTA), releases the CMAT eligibility criteri. The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2022 is an MBA admission exam for MBA 2022, which provides authorized management programs from AICTE to 1000 Management Institutes. CMAT 2022 will be NTA rather than AICTE.
CMAT 2022 Eligibility criteria for applicants of the general and reserved categories define unique percentages of marks in the graduation degree. For either category of applicants, that being said, there is no age bar to apply for the NTA CMAT 2022 exam.
The National Testing Agency ( NTA) has prepared the following key eligibility criteria for NTA-CMAT 2022:
|CMAT 2022 Eligibility Component||Eligibility Requirement|
|Citizenship||The candidate should be a Indian Citizen|
|Minimum Education||The candidate should have passed with 15 years of minimum education in any discipline from Recognized University/Institute|
|Minimum Percentage of Marks in Graduation||For General Category 50% minimum marks are required, while for SC/ST/PWD category 45% marks are required.|
|Eligibility for Candidates in Final Year of Graduation||Final year candidates of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be announced prior to the start of admission for academic year 2022-23 are also eligible|
|Age Limit to apply for CMAT 2022||The is no restriction of age|
CMAT Exam Eligibility 2022 for General & NC-OBC Candidates
The following conditions are prescribed for General & NC-OBC candidates:
- The applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% or equivalent CGPA marks.
- Applicants are also eligible to apply for CMAT 2011 while in the final year of graduation.
- If shortlisted, applicants in the final year will be permitted to enter the programme on a provisional basis only if they submit a certificate / mark sheet at the earliest by the specified date defined by the management institute to which they have applied.
- Applicants who have finished a professional degree with a minimum 50 percent mark (CA / CS / ICWA)
CMAT Exam Eligibility 2022 for SC/ST/PwD Candidates
CMAT examination eligibility criteria prescribe the following eligibility and qualifications for reserved category applicants who wish to apply for CMAT 2022:
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) applicants require 45% marks in graduation categories.
- Applicants are also eligible to apply for CMAT 2022 in the final year of graduation.
- Applicants who have achieved a professional degree with a minimum of 45% mark (CA / CS / ICWA)
Key Points to Ensure your CMAT Eligibility 2022
- CMAT eligibility does not require any age bar to be eligible in the CMAT 2022 exam.
- Graduation degree should be acknowledged by UGC, approved by AICTE, acknowledged by the Government of India,
- The applicant for CMAT 2022 must fulfill one of the following criteria for CMAT 2022 eligibility.
- A. Bachelor’s degree with the necessary mark percentage, or
- B. Completed professional degree (CA / CS / ICWA) with the percentage required, or
- C. Should be with the required percentage in the final year of Bachelor
- On the basis of practice, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated as followed by the respective university/institution.
- In the case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to a percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified in accordance with the eligibility criteria for the CMAT examination by the respective university/institution.
- If any university/institution confirms that there is no system for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the CGPA applicant by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100 according to the eligibility requirement of CMAT 2022.
- The mere fulfillment of the 2022 minimum CMAT eligibility criteria will not ensure acknowledgment by B-schools for shortlisting.
- Another of the key points defined by the eligibility of NTA-CMAT 2022 is that applicants must state and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number during the entire selection process.
Who is Not Eligible for CMAT 2022? NTA clarifies…
- You are not eligible to apply for CMAT 2022 if you are not pursuing or completing your Bachelor’s degree or any professional degree such as CA / CS / ICWA.
- You are not eligible for CMAT 2022 if you have scored below 50 percent as a general category applicant and below 45 percent as an SC / ST / PwD applicant.
- If UGC / AICTE / MHRD-Govt does not acknowledge your graduation. You are not qualified to participate in CMAT 2022 from India.
CMAT 2022 Reservation
The candidates are advised to go through various reservation criteria for CMAT carefully and keep the relevant genuine document proof ready.
- Scheduled Caste (SC) Category candidates have 15% of the seats reserved for them.
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) Category candidates have 7.5% of the seats reserved for them.
- Other Backward Classes belonging to the “ Non Creamy layer” (OBC-NCL) candidates have 27% of the seats reserved for them.
- For Persons with Disabilities (PwD) there is a 5% reservation.
Other Backward Classes –As per the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India, only the candidates falling under Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) may mention OBC in the Category Column.
Persons with disabilities (PwD) – A candidate having a minimum of forty percent (40%) of a specified disability may avail this reservation.
The Categories of Disabilities are:
- Partial or complete loss of eyesight.
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Disability in locomotor skills including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Learning and intellectual disabilities like autism
Candidates are advised to refer to Office Memorandum issued by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment dated 29 August 2018 (F.No.34-02/2015-DD-III), guideline IV, second paragraph.
Find the detailed article here: CMAT 2022 – Common Management Admission Test.